Author's Chapter Notes:
Kim returns home, Brandi and Katy finally talk.

             Kim returned to the house and was sitting in the car, flipping the compass between her fingers.  She was thinking about what she had said to JC but mostly she was thinking about the stupid compass.  How did he get it?  There was a part of her that wanted to go inside and confront Katy about it but in doing so she would either confirm to Katy that she had gone looking for JC or that someone had stolen it.

            It was killing her though, if Katy had found JC last night why would she lie about it?  With that thought Kim got out and slowly walking to the front door.  She could hear Mandy and Brandi talking as she walked it.

            “Where did you go?” Mandy asked.

            “Did you find what you were looking for?” Brandi asked ignoring Mandy’s question after all the where wasn’t that important.

            “I just went for a drive, and not really I just found more questions than answers.” Kim explained.  She held the item in question in her pocket so they couldn’t see it, not that they would know what it was.  She looked at her friends and did her best to fake a smile.  “I need to talk to Katy, is she around?” Kim asked.

            “Yeah, she is up stairs.” Mandy said.  Brandi was behind Mandy and just shook her head at Kim indicating that upstairs was not some place she wanted to go right now.  Kim questioned it but there must have been a reason that Brandi was not saying anything out loud so Kim went along with it.

              “I am not in a hurry; I’ll wait for her to come down.  So what have you guys been up to?” Kim asked, really just trying to change the subject.  Mandy explained her idea about having a camp fire tonight with the guys and Kim did her best to act interested but if JC wasn’t going to be there then she really didn’t care.  “That sounds great, how can I help?” Kim asked.  Anything to get her mind off JC right now would be great. 

           Mandy took her by the hand and lead her out the back door.  She wanted Kim to help her look for some roasting sticks.  Brandi stood there for a minute after they left the room, debating on what Kim would want to talk to Katy about and wondering why Katy was suddenly so popular.  Tonight was going to be interesting that much was certain. 

             Brandi lost her train of thought when she heard Katy scream and curse at Justin.  Katy came down the steps moments later, rubbing her butt and glaring at Justin who was right behind her.  Clearly Justin wasn’t too concerned about letting the whole house know where he had been. 

             “Tell your man that he just lost $100 bucks.” Justin beamed.

            “Do I even want to know?” Katy questioned.

             “Boys will be boys, why don’t you go tell him.  I still need to talk to my friend.  That is if you two love birds are done upstairs.” Brandi joked, giving Katy a playful wink.  Justin just smiled and stole a kiss from Katy before running off to talk to Chris.  Katy didn’t even try to hide the fact that she was checking out Justin ass as he left the room.  It was like she was trying to commit every part of him to memory. 

             Katy took a seat on the bottom step and tried to make herself look a little more presentable, brushing her hand through her curls and adjusting her clothes.  Brandi smiled and took a seat next to Katy; of course she had to have picked the most uncomfortable place to sit in the whole room.  Brandi was concerned a little that Katy seemed so calm.

            “So…” Brandi started out, nudging her friend a little.  It made Katy smile and laugh a little which was reassuring to Brandi.  Katy knew that Brandi wouldn’t judge her for what she just did; god knows she had done worst.  “I take it that wasn’t a first for you and him.” Brandi added.  Katy shook her head, thinking about to a few days ago.  At the time she had thought that would just be a onetime thing, but now Justin seemed to really like her.

              “I think he really likes me.  What do I do?” Katy asked.

              “What do you mean what do you do?  I think you may have skipped a few steps, but you could start with letting him take you out for dinner or to a club.” Brandi suggested.

            “But he likes me.  Nobody every likes me, hell you guys don’t even like me all the time.” Katy joked, trying to hide the seriousness of her question.  “He wasn’t supposed to be a good guy; you know what I do to good guys.” Katy stated.  The bad boys Katy could handle, they were already broken so she didn’t have to worry about ruining them.  In the studio earlier in the week Justin was behaving badly and acting like Katy had expecting a rock star to act, but upstairs he was being a freaking gentleman and it kind of freaked her out.  What had changed? 

           “Katy, just do what you do best and don’t think about it.  Just let things happen.  Justin has to know by now what he is getting himself into.  But I am the last person to give out relationship advice.” Brandi said.  Katy nodded, her friend was right she just needed to let it be for now. 

           “So, what did you want before my love life got you side tracked?” Katy asked. 

             “I was just caught off guard that you even had a love life.  I thought you told me everything.  What else are you keeping from me?  But any way, I wanted to talk about last night.  I am sorry I yelled at you.  I feel awful about it.” Brandi explained.  Katy looked Brandi in the eye, she could see the hurt that was there and it made her want to tell her everything.  But the truth might hurt more.

            “It wasn’t that I was hiding it, it just never came up.  And don’t worry about last night we all did some pretty stupid stuff.  This will all be over soon and we can get back to normal.” Katy said. 

           “There will be no ‘normal’ after this.” Brandi reminded her.  How do you move on after abducting guys and forcing them to record music for you?  Anything they do after this is just going to be boring.  “By the way, Kim came back.  She is looking for you as well.  But Mandy took her outside to do something.  Do you have any clue what she might want?” Brandi asked. 

           “Well my physic powers haven’t come in yet.  But I am glad that she came back.  I would have been pissed if she stole my car.”  Katy joked, still trying to lighten the mood; she wasn’t good with this serious stuff.  Brandi laughed but gave her a serious look.  “What? I really don’t know.   It could be regarding any number of stupid things that I have done in the past few days.  If you want me to list them all off we could be here awhile.” Katy replied truthfully.  It wasn’t like Katy to keep secrets but Brandi let it slide this time and got up.    Brandi started to walk away when she paused.

            “Hey do you think…” Brandi started but then stopped like she wasn’t sure what she wanted to say.

              “The bedroom is available if you want it and I can keep those two busy for days.  Like you said, don’t think about it, just let things happen.” Katy said with a sly grin, if Brandi wanted some alone time with Chris that was up to her, even if it was just to talk or snuggle.  Katy closed her eyes and thought about Justin, god he was so comforting and warm.  But Chris was a pretty attractive guy; she wouldn’t blame Brandi at all for having a little fun. 

           Before Brandi could protest or explain, Katy got up and headed for the backyard.  It wasn’t any of her business what Brandi did or didn’t do just as Brandi hadn’t questioned her earlier about Justin.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped