Chapter 4 

Paige waited about 15 minutes before coming back into the room Justin was being held. She had made a silent vow to herself while waiting outside the room Justin was being held in; she would not let Justin break her resistance down. Sure he was good looking, sure he was charming, but at the end of the day she could not mix business with pleasure.  

"Are we calm now?" Paige asked patronizingly, once again setting up her papers. She was beginning to think she ought to set up an office in the room Justin was held in. He was separated from the other prisoners, and given a bit of privacy, except for the chair that Paige was seated in, which usually was for a guard. 

The room was bleak, plain hospital white walls with a gray linoleum floor. Justin probably hated this place, knowingly because he was used to the finer things in life. Paige pitied the poor little rich boy, he had worked so hard and wasn't even able to enjoy the fruits of his labor… even if it was justified that he did lose it all.  

"No and I won't be until I'm cumming inside you." Justin responded.  

A heavy sigh befell the reporter. Getting Justin's mind off sex was going to be extremely difficult but she had to try.  

"Well, I guess you're never going to be calm then."  

"Bitch."  

"Please Justin, I'm just trying to get my work done. I know this is all fun and games for you but I actually have a life. I could be still in bed with my fiancée right now but I'm here interviewing you… so can we make this as quick and painless as possible?"

At this point, Paige was agitated, anyone would be. She was tired of having to fight with Justin in order to get some answers out of him. The whole process was draining her and the Cuban girl wasn't sure how much more she could put up with.

"Don't you think I'd much rather be in bed and living my own life as well? Do you think I enjoy being locked up in a fucking cell with someone watching my every move? You don't know what it's like here Paige. Everyone seems to think that I'm insane… well guess fucking what… I feel like slowly but surely I really AM going insane."

"I know this must be terrible for you and it's not fair."

"You're damn fucking right it's not fair. It's not fair that I don't get to speak to my Mother whenever the hell I want and it's not fair that Lance and JC are living the good life while Trace, Tommy and myself are suffering." Justin sat back down on his bed and put his face in his hands. Paige just perked up at the sound of a new name.

"Tommy?"

"He, Trace and I were closer than close. The two of them would never betray me and that's what got them into trouble."

"Justin… you have another possible witness to vouch for you and you just leave this out of everything?!" Paige practically screamed, was he really that stupid? Justin Timberlake stood up from his seat, his nostrils flaring with anger. All Paige could think of when she looked at him was that this must have been the uncontrollable part of Justin that Lynn had warned her about. Paige made sure to document it all while never breaking eye contact with him. 

"Thomas Ryan disappeared a year ago, for your information. It was like someone completely erased him from existence." Justin was a mix of both sadness and fury. "This was all JC and Lance… they wanted to see me fall… they wanted to see me alone."

"Why would they want to do that?"

"I don't fucking know! Jealousy, insanity…here's an idea… why don't you go and ask them?" Justin stated with sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"I want to help you Justin… but you need to stop being such an asshole. Got me? I'm going to find Tommy and prove your innocence but you have to work with me." Paige said to Justin, who had turned his back to her and was staring out the window.

"Don't bullshit me, Paige. I know you're looking for your big break and you're not interested in what happens to me. I learned a long time ago that when it comes down to it, girls will do anything… including back stab the people they supposedly care about." The Cuban reporter wasn't sure why, but it actually hurt her to hear that Justin had such an opinion of her.

She blinked a few times, before getting up and walking up to the cell. All the fear that had once filled her when it came to Justin disappeared. Something told her that he would never hurt her as she clutched the bars to the cell and stared in at him.

"Usually… I wouldn't bother to defend myself against anyone making false assumptions against me, but I think I need to open my mouth to you about our professional relationship will not work." Paige's words caused Justin to turn around and stare dumbfounded at her. "I'm not like other girls, Justin, I keep my promises, no matter how insignificant they are. Besides that, I'm not self absorbed and I'm faithful. I don't know what you have gone through in your life or the fucked up people you have come in contact with but I give you my word that I will make the truth come out concerning everything that went down with you."

Justin walked slowly up to the cell, just staring at the girl before him. If he knew one thing for sure, he did know that she wasn't like other girls. This reporter before him was turning out to be absolutely perfect…just like Britney was before fame, money, drugs and sex overtook her.

"I want to believe you…" The confined man in the prison cell looked down sadly. Paige felt a tug on her heart strings and without another thought, she reached her hand into Justin's cell and took hold of his hand.

"Then just do it, fight all your doubts and fears and put your faith in me. Honestly… I didn't really believe you at first, but after speaking with Cameron… I'm convinced that she knows more than she's letting on."

Shock. These last few moments were filled with shock for Justin as Paige willingly reached out and touched him. The girl who had been avoiding any personal relationship with him had actually opened herself up to him. This was the first human contact he had with anyone outside his family and he wasn't sure if it was because of that simple fact that he was feeling the way he was.

Electricity was running through his veins as the beautiful Paige stared into his eyes. She wasn't just some hot girl… she was a beautiful human being now. Paige was showing him her true nature and he started to feel that it might actually be okay to trust her; that was something he wanted to do more than anything.

"You spoke to Cam?" "

Yeah and she's hiding something. For being one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood, that bitch seriously slipped up for a second and let the guilt show on her face." Paige explained as a playful grin formed on her face. "And not to be mean… well yeah… it is intentional, What the hell were you doing with that old pizza faced bitch? I know you were only dating briefly but even so, EW!"

Hearing those words caused Justin to fall into an uproar of laughter. The hand, which wasn't holding Paige's, clamped over his mouth trying to conceal the laughter. Justin was hysterical at how in tune Paige was; it was almost like she knew him as his friends did.

"I'm sorry but Trace used to say the same thing. He would be like DUDE… older girls are hot and can teach you shit… but that bitch is NASTY." Paige and Justin both giggled at the "intellectual" teachings of Trace.

Fingertips traced circles on the palm of Paige's small hand. Her blue-green eyes stared up at him innocently. He wanted to consume all of her, let her know everything he'd been through and in turn learn everything there was to know about her. But more than anything, Justin wanted to hold her and let her know how grateful he was to her.

"All I can say is that my life is pretty plain… I like watching the puddles gather rain…" Paige's cell phone rang to her favorite song, "No Rain" by Blind Melon.

To both their dismay, their hands parted from each others touch. "Good song." Justin stated, fighting the longing he was feeling.

He wanted to hold her hand and never let go.Paige just looked up and gave him a weak smile before answering her phone. Nervous was not the word to describe how she became when answering the call from her superior. Dominic Katz scared the hell out of her, so she felt like she had to do everything in her power to impress him.

"Hello Mr. Katz…"

"Harper I want you in my office in one hour or less! I expect a full briefing on everything you've acquired!" The rude man hung up the phone without a greeting or sign that he answered the phone. Paige just stood stunned for a moment before finally turning to Justin who was staring at her.

"My boss… he's not one for words…" Paige said huffing. "Actually he's a rude son of a bitch and now I have to go run and meet his beckon call."

"Aren't they all, *N Sync's first manager, Lou Pearlman was a slave driver. He used to work us to the bone. That fat piece of shit, but um anyway I hope everything's okay. ." Paige just laughed as she quickly went about collecting all her papers once again. This task was getting so tiring; she really needed to hire someone to help her with all the paper work and filing.

"Everything's fine… I think he just wants to know where I'm at."

"Well… still good luck." Justin smiled.She turned around and smiled back genuinely at Justin. Okay, so she was figuring that maybe there was more to him than the sex obsessed guy that he portrayed himself as. Justin Randall Timberlake was a nice guy when he wasn't trying to get in her pants.

"Thanks Justin… I'll come by tomorrow or something. We need to talk about the Britney thing. No more holding back."

"Alright." He sighed, watching Paige get ready to leave him alone. He wanted to go with her and do anything he could to keep her at his side.

"Take care."

"Wait… Paige…" The girl turned around stunned and stared at the man in the cell who studied her for a minute. She was gorgeous, even when she was stressing out. Studying her from her toned legs, to her curved ass which led to her perfect hips, up to her washboard stomach, Justin felt nothing but desire.

His eyes paused on her full chest which he had got to see for a moment. He knew he'd see it all; he'd have her in the most intimate way and make her feel things no one else could. Finally he stared into the beautiful face that just looked at him with confusion. One day she'd look at him with desire… one day. Justin couldn't knock this one thought from his mind; Paige Harper was only meant for him, not for her asshole fiancée who was unworthy of her but for Justin fucking Timberlake.

"One day… you're going to be mine…remember that when you're with your little boyfriend tonight." Blue-green oculars stared at him with amusement. He was a cocky son a bitch who thought he knew everything; he was definitely crazy or delusional.

Obviously, Justin thought he could get anything he wanted and Paige was not about to give him an ego boost.  Paige let out a small laugh and shook her head before disappearing from his sight. She thought he was joking? Justin knew he was going to have to prove her wrong. He couldn't wait to get started.

**
 
 "What do you have so far, Harper?" The President of Cambridge Publishing Co. asked a nervous Paige. This wasn't her first visit with Dominic Katz, but the man managed to frighten the girl. It could have been his personality or maybe his mannerisms, but Paige still was shook up before, during and after she had to meet with him.
 
 "I interviewed Justin, Cameron Diaz and Justin's mother Lynn Harless." Paige squeaked. She handed him a file with all the information she acquired and sat back waiting to be praised; she might as well of held her breath.
 
 "All I see here is interviews. Where is the concrete evidence, Harper?"
 
 "I… I had trouble getting the case files…"
 
 "Is this job too difficult for you? Or maybe I should ask if you realize how much is at stake in this project?" Dominic Katz asked casually. "This is a multi-million dollar book deal, Ms. Harper. People all over the world are dying to read this book and you just seem to be sitting back and taking it as a joke."
 
 "Mr. Katz… I'm not… I…"
 
 The young reporter was really at a loss for words. Was she getting fired right now for interviewing people and not illegally obtaining documents? Paige stood numb, ready to break down crying. Her boss was an incredible asshole.
 
 "I would find someone else for the job, but I believe that you will straighten up after this conversation… won't you?" A glare was sent her way that chilled her to the bone. After nodding and taking a deep breath, Dominic Katz looked please. "Good. Now... take down this number… 917-555-1219. This is Lorena Velez… I have already spoken with her and she will get you everything you need… for a price of course."
 
 "A price?"
 
 "It won't be anything too expensive, just a couple of hundred here and there. You will be reimbursed so no need to worry."
 
 "Oh… okay." Paige nervously took the file out of Dominic Katz' hands and wanted to just leave that office as fast as her legs could take her.
 
  The truth was that her boss was terrifying her. He didn't realize that his was her first project out of college and that she hadn't asked for this opportunity. The truth was that Lynn Harless herself had chose Paige after reading a portfolio she had created. Paige couldn't turn down this chance and hoped that maybe after achieving the money and fame she craved, she would be able to write whatever she wanted to.
 
 "And Miss Harper… one more thing…"  

"Yes, Mr. Katz?" Paige turned around to look at the short man with thick framed glasses. He looked like someone straight out of the "Guess Who?" game. It almost made Paige giggle… almost. Fear was the main emotion she felt towards him.  

Brown oculars studied her for a moment in complete silence. Paige bit down on her bottom lip, praying for this awkward situation to end. It seemed that as the minutes ticked away on the old fashioned circular clock on the wall, the tension just grew.  

"Don't disappoint me again. This is your last chance. I don't care what you have to do, who you have to bribe or even who you have to sleep with, get me that story." 

Horrified, Paige stared at the evil man before her. Did he think that he was her pimp or something? Millions of responses went through her head as she stared at the filth before her. She knew that just a punch to the face would keep her content, but still she couldn't do it. This book would make her career and after it, she could probably write whatever she wanted.  

"Yes Sir." She hated herself for those words. Paige knew she was selling herself out and it was killing her inside, but it was all for her future. That's what she repeated to herself as she walked out of the office, almost in tears.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc justin college lance