Author's Chapter Notes:
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE REVIEWS!!! Keep them coming please!

September 13, 2000 – Los Angeles, CA 

“Ladies and gentlemen, nuestros amigos de *NSYNC!” Angel Lopez of Son by Four announced as the opening chords to “This I Promise You” played. 

Watching the guys walk out from right stage, Ana clapped from her seat in the audience. She’d been helping the guys with their pronunciation and she knew they were nervous about singing in Spanish. They’d had an issue with the rolling of the ‘r,’ but that was typical. Other than that, Ana had to admit that they all sounded pretty sexy singing in Spanish. 

Cuando sientas tristeza
Que no puedas calmar
Cuando haya un vacío
Que no puedas llenar
Te abrazaré
Te haré olvidar lo que te hizo sufrir
No vas a caer
Mientras que estes junto a mí...
 

Their various black and leather getups were fabulous on all the guys, but Ana couldn’t tear her eyes away from a certain blue-eyed crooner at the end of the row onstage. Before they’d left for the award show, he’d sent her a text telling her to be ready to leave early the next morning.

 

Si siente un frío tu corazón
Sere tu abrigo, tu ilusión
Hasta ya no respirar
Yo te voy a amar

Nervous thoughts of her date with JC the next day quickly fled her mind as his melodious voice filled her ears. Goosebumps covered her arms as she swayed to the beat. This was by far one of her favorite song on their album, and she loved that the guys were getting exposed to the Latino community. Keeping her gold eyes fixated on him, she quickly realized that his eyes kept flicking in her direction. A small, knowing smile found its way to her lips.

 

Yo siempre te he amado
Y amor, yo estar
Por siempre a tu lado
Nunca me alejaré
Prometo mi amor
Te juro ante Dios
Nunca te voy a faltar
Tu corazón
No volvera a llorar...

Si siente un frío tu corazón
Sere tu abrigo, tu ilusión
Hasta ya no respirar
Yo te voy a amar
 

As the crescendo in the music rose, the audience was brought to its feet. Swaying arms rocked from side to side. Standing up, Ana adjusted her dress before raising her arms to sway with the audience. The hook to the song was her favorite part; JC’s vocals were pristine and flawless. He had the ability to bring anyone to their knees with his voice. It amazed her. The raw emotion behind his voice made any listener believe this man was pleading for the love of his life. 

Sigo muriendo por ti
Yo te quiero aqui
Sin tu amor en mi vida, mi vida
No sé cómo podré y
o vivir...

As the members of Son by Four joined the quintet onstage for the closing chorus, Ana smiled proudly. The guys had felt a bit intimidated at first because they didn’t speak Spanish, but Ana had reminded them that music had no official language. And these guys had delivered. 

Si siente un frío tu corazón
Sere tu abrigo, tu ilusión
Hasta ya no respirar
Yo te voy a amar
 

"Bravo! Bravo!” Ana applauded and cheered as the music faded out. The entire Staples Center was on its feet cheering them on. Ana caught several of the guys’ eyes as she blew kisses at them and continued applauding. 

“Wow, they were great!” Lacy commented once Ana had resumed her seat. The next presenter was walking up to the podium now. 

“I know, that was incredible. I’m so happy for them,” Ana replied with a bright smile before turning her attention back to the stage. She made a mental note to hug the guys tightly later at an after party. 

####Afterparty #1

 Mira, mira, los muchachos mas guapos en el mundo!” the guys heard from behind them. Simultaneously, all five turned around to the source. Standing before them in black trousers, a coral backless halter top, and heels, Ana smiled brightly. 

“We have no clue what you just said, but it made me blush, so it must be good,” Joey retorted before pulling her into a hug. 

“I was just calling you five the most handsome in the world. Congratulations on the performance. Flawless,” Ana smiled and hugged each guy. Wiping her lip gloss from their cheek as she pulled away. 

“Oh please, can we talk about your performance? Where was the rest of your clothes young lady?” Chris mockingly glared at her as he places his hands on his hips. Lance nodded his head in agreement with Chris. 

“Unruly and ferocious panther attacked me backstage?” Ana innocently asked with a shrug. 

“Cute, Ana Banana! Too much skin,” Justin replied as he bumped her with his hip. 

“It was not that bad, Justy Wusty,” Ana argued as she too put her hands on her hips and glared at. 

“Anita, you had a sheet wrapped around you!” Justin argued. 

“You exaggerate too much,” she dismissed him with a wave of her hand. 

Ok, so Ana had to admit that it wasn't really exaggerating. It was a backless white dress with a neckline that wrapped around her neck and criss-crossed her chest before a single column of material went down to her bellybutton. The floor-length skirt had high slits, but the material was loose so the slits weren’t noticeable until her dancing caused it to move. She’d accessorized the dress with a brown belt made up chained brown leather circles and a brown leather arm band. The outfit itself was very Grecian-like, but it worked with the heavy tribal drums that her new single “Se Lo Que Vendra (The Other Side)” featured.  

“Oh, sure, but next time, you should warn a brother. Damn near gave us a heart attack. We feared you’d let something peak,” Joey playfully shook his head before throwing a wink her way. Ana threw her head back laughing before slapping his arm. 

“You pervert. I was perfectly and strategically taped in place, but I appreciate your concern, Joseph,” Ana retorted before turning to the other guys. “You guys were fabulous though. I don’t think anyone expected that from you guys.” 

“Dude, Carlos Santana was backstage when we walked off and he told us we were ‘fabulous.’ JC, here, nearly hit the floor,” Lance chuckled as he recalled JC’s earlier fanatic moment. 

“See, I’m not just saying this to y’all. The first Latin Grammys and you guys bring down the house. I’m so proud of y’all,” Ana gushed once more before taking a sip of her soda. They all continued to talk before they were joined by Gloria Estefan. Ana hadn’t ever met her, so it was her turn to turn into a fan. The guys were having a blast teasing her, but Ana could care less. She was being comforted by JC’s hand rubbing her back. Leaning slightly into his side, she let him know that she was thinking about him too. The thought that no one knew about them made her lips twitch, but she kept her smile at bay. 

#### 

I’m pulling up in about five minutes. Meet me outside. 

Ana read the text message before grabbing her purse and stepping out of her hotel room to catch an elevator down the fifteen floors to the lobby. Adjusting her shades, she walked out the front doors. Looking around the curved driveway, she spotted JC leaning against the passenger door of a silver Mercedes convertible. Smiling, she made her way to him. Thankful for her shades, she was able to freely check him out without feeling embarrassed. 

He looks too good. 

“We must be the khaki twins today,” his smooth voice jolted her out of her thoughts. Smirking, she looked at his dark khaki shorts, white button down shirt over a white muscle shirt, and his white sneakers. A pair of rectangular shades covered his eyes, so she that he too was probably checking her out. Well, at least, she hoped he was. Turning her gaze to her own brown khaki shorts, grey muscle tee, and gold lace-up sandals, she realized that she had dressed accordingly. 

“That seems to be the case. Great minds think alike. Are you ready to head out?” Ana replied as she stopped directly in front of him. It was still very early in the morning, so there was no one but the bellhops around. 

“I’m ready when you are,” he replied before opening the door for her to step in. Shutting the door, he rounded the car and climbed in himself. Driving to the end of the driveway, he looked at oncoming traffic before merging onto the main road. 

“Are you going to tell me where we are going at 7 in the morning?” Ana questioned as she realized they’d caught Interstate 5 heading south. 

“Be patient, oh young one,” JC smirked as he glanced at her. 

“Oh hush, I’m not that young,” Ana retorted before playfully smacking his thigh. She caught him looking at her from the corner of his eye and suddenly, she felt nervous. 

“You look very nice. Casual fits you well,” JC commented as his hand rested on the stick shift between the two seats. Ana turned to him and caught his smile resulting in a blush to cover her cheeks. 

“It’s a good drive away, so feel free to nap if you want. I know we got in really late from the party,” JC stated after a few minutes of mindless chatter and the occasional yawn from Ana. 

“That would be extremely rude of me, Josh,” Ana replied. “Plus, how are you so awake? I’ve heard you value your sleep a little bit too much.” 

“I'm shot on caffeine, that’s how I’m so awake. Usually, if I have a day off, I’m dead to the world. But, don’t worry about that. It won’t be rude if I’m offering you the opportunity to do it. Just lean back and rest. I promise I won’t drive to some deserted hilltop to abandon you,” JC joked and winked at her. Ana chuckled slightly before accepting his offer. 

“Well, I apologize in advance if I snore, drool, or thrash around in my sleep,” Ana joked. Getting as comfortable as possible, she slipped off her sandals and pulled her knees to her chest before allowing her head to rest atop her knees. Within minutes, JC could tell that her breathing had evened out and she was asleep. Smiling to himself, he turned on the radio and let soft music fill the car. 

#### 

“Do you mind if I put the top down?” JC asked as they continued cruising down the interstate. It was about an hour later, and Ana had woken from her nap. 

“No, not at all. Are you kidding me? I’ve been trying to figure out a way to ask you to put the top down since I woke up,” Ana laughed and covered her eyes with her shades once more. The warm breeze blew her hair around, but the sun felt beautiful on her skin. 

“Next time, just tell me,” JC replied once the top had settled down. 

“Are you gonna tell me where we’re going now?” Ana questioned. She’d seen several signs along the way and she was really curious. 

“No, you’ll know soon enough,” he replied with a smirk. 

“I just want to know if I need my passport wherever it is you’re taking me. Because if I do, then we’re screwed. I left it back at the hotel,” Ana shrugged. 

“Do you like animals?” JC ignored her comment and asked randomly. He’d gotten off at some exit already and Ana looked around for some sign as to where she was. 

“Uh…yes. I love animals, why?” Ana questioned with a raised eyebrow. 

“Well, it would’ve sucked if you hated animals,” JC smiled and pointed to a sign. Ana turned to read the sign and smile brightly. 

“You brought me to the San Diego Zoo! Ah! Yes! This is perfect!” Ana squealed and dancing happily in her seat. 

“Haha! What was that?” JC exclaimed as he watched her celebrate. 

“That was my stationary celebratory jig!” Ana stuck her tongue out at him and clapped to herself. She loved going to zoos. 

“Well, I must say that I pretty happy with myself right about now,” JC kidded as he parked the car and they got out to walk across the parking lot. 

“You should be. Ah, this is perfect. Thank you!” Ana exclaimed before wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug. Without thinking about it, she pecked his lips. It was as if her excitement had taken over her body. JC felt her body stiffen in his arms once she realized what she’d done. 

“Sorry about that,” Ana stuttered as she coughed nervously. She wouldn’t meet his eyes, and this caused JC to smile.

Taking her hand in his, he pulled her along to the ticket window. Once he’d purchased their tickets, he led them into Balboa Park by cutting through the Rose Garden. It was still early and he figured they should get some breakfast before heading inside. Settling into a small café on the edge of the park, they enjoyed some pastries and coffee. There was a small of hint of tension between them, and JC knew it was Ana’s slight embarrassment. 

“Hey, are you gonna relax or what?” JC asked as he tugged on her hand slightly to catch her attention. They were walking back across the park towards the zoo entrance. 

“I am relaxed,” Ana argued. Unfortunately, she still wasn’t meeting his eyes and that gave away her lie. 

“Right, and I’m a chick. Seriously, Ana, relax. Let me ask you something. We’re dating, right?” JC asked as he paused in the middle of the walkway. He pulled her to stand in front of him, and he looked down at her. 

“Well, yeah, I believe that’s what we agreed to. And I mean, this is a date, isn’t it?” Ana replied quietly. She’d never realized how much taller he was, but having to look up to see him proved that. 

“Yeah, and I don’t risk bodily injury for just any girl, you know?” JC kidded and smiled. They were both risking getting mobbed by going out without security. But, he figured they were safe since no one was expecting them to be in San Diego. “Now, because we are dating, you shouldn’t be embarrassed to kiss me. I wouldn’t even consider that a kiss. It was just a tease.” 

“I just got too excited. I’m sorry,” Ana replied before looking down. The firecracker that he’d always seen was not so fiery right now and that caused him to smirk. 

“Don’t apologize. If anything, please get excited some more,” he joked as he wrapped his arm around her waist. In response, she too wrapped her arms around his waist and held tightly. Smoothing back her hair, he cupped her cheek and brought her face closer to his. 

“You’re not going to apologize for this later, are you?” Ana asked quietly when she realized that he was probably going to kiss her right now. JC chuckled softly before shaking his head. 

“Absolutely not,” his whisper came before his full lips covered her lips. Sighing, Ana felt her body relax against his. She didn’t dare move her lips, and instead let him take the lead. Gently massaging her lips with his, JC cocked his head to the side for a better angle. He led her head to the side with his hand that still cupped the side of her neck. Using his lips, he managed to part her lips slightly before releasing them. Rubbing his nose against hers, he took a step back. Smiling, he grabbed her hand and pulled her the rest of the way to the park entrance. 

“You, Mr. Chasez, are quite peligroso,” Ana breathed once she regained usage of her voice. JC chuckled and pulled her to his side. Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, he kissed her temple. 

“You wanted an older man. Well, I just hope you can keep up,” JC smirked and laughed when he felt Ana’s smack on his stomach. 

“You’re so conceited,” she grumbled before joining his laughter. 

“Come on, let’s go play with the koalas!” JC exclaimed before pulling her hand and jogging to the Outback exhibit. Ana allowed him to pull her and jogged behind him giggling. There weren’t that many people around – it was a Thursday morning after all. They probably looked like idiots giggling and horsing around; but, to them, these opportunities to be free and jovial were rare in this business. They wore baseball caps and shades in an effort to shield their identities, and they hoped the paparazzi wouldn’t ruin their day. 

After feasting on cotton candy, hotdogs, and pretzels for lunch, they continued their journey to the second half of the zoo. Carrying around her camera, Ana captured photographs of them playing with the Koala bears, feeding the camels, posing with the tigers, and just monkeying (pun intended) around the zoo. 

“Oh man, that was a blast!” JC exclaimed as he wiped his face with a paper towel that Ana had handed him. They’d been in the elephant exhibit, the last exhibit, when the elephants had decided to soak them by blowing water from their trunks. Ana had laughed mercilessly when JC got majority of the splash. 

“Your face was priceless,” Ana continued to laugh at his expense doubled over. Grabbing her, JC rubbed his wet face into her neck as Ana squealed. 

“Josh! Stop! You big oaf!” Ana exclaimed before managing to break free from him and smacking his arm. 

“Oh, so now I’m an oaf! I’m a big brute, huh?” JC questioned with an arched brow. Seeing the smirk on his face, Ana knew to run. Quickly turning away, Ana ran from him. JC didn’t hesitate to chase her out the park and tackle her in the greens of Balboa Park. 

“Oof! Damn!” Ana’s groan from underneath him caused him to chuckle. Rolling off of her, he laid on the grass next to her and looked up to the afternoon sunny skies. 

“That’s what you get, punk,” JC stuck his tongue out at him and a slight blush rose to her cheeks. He chuckled slightly before grabbing a hold of her hand. 

“Where do the guys think you are?” Ana questioned as they just laid on the grass. She looked down at her arms and his arms, and she could see that they were tanning. Naturally, she already had a tan, so it wasn’t hard for her to tan. But, a tan of his fair skin made him sexier. 

“I’m not sure. They’re all at the house now, but they know I had some producing projects out here and furniture shopping that I needed to do. What about Lacy?” JC replied turning his head to face hers. 

“Funny enough, I told her I was coming down to San Diego to visit CeCe. But, CeCe is in Georgia visiting Myra,” Ana replied with a slight chuckle. 

“Is it bad that I’m enjoying the sneaking around?” JC asked after a brief pause. 

“No, I was going to say the same. In this business, we can’t have too many things that are just ‘ours’. Normally, we’re forced to share everything. So, having this be our little secret is so much fun,” Ana answered before turning back to look at the clouds. After a while, JC stood up and reached down his hand to help her up. Lying there, her tank had risen to expose some of her stomach and JC forced himself to think happy thoughts. 

“Come on, are you hungry?” he asked helping her stand. It was about 5 in the afternoon, and they’d ate almost five hours ago.  

“I could eat, sure,” Ana replied dusting her shorts off. Gathering her bag from the ground, she held onto his hand and followed him across the park. 

“Ok, cool, well let’s go find a place to get dinner from and then there’s somewhere else I want to take you before we get back on the road,” JC said helping her stand and pulling her back across the park to the car. 

Finding a roadside taqueria, Ana pulled them inside and proceeded to educate JC on the finer points of authentic Mexican cuisine. JC stated he’d traveled the entire world twice already, yet he’d never been able to truly explore Mexico. Ana promised to take him one day to show him the true Mexico, not the tourist spots like Cancun or Cabo. They’d ordered their steak tacos, carne asada tortas (Mexican sandwiches), and aguas de horchata (a drink made from rice, cinnamon, and vanilla) to go because JC really wanted to show her another place. 

After driving another ten minutes up I-5, JC pulled the car into a small parking lot, they carried their food onto the beach. Laying out his button-up shirt on the sand, JC set the food bags on it before taking a seat on the sand. 

“CeCe always talks about how beautiful La Jolla is, but I’d never gotten the opportunity to come visit,” Ana smiled as she sat down in the sand next to JC. Sunset was quickly approaching, and luckily they were going to catch it over La Jolla Cove. 

“Earlier this year, when I first bought the house here, I decided to just drive down to Tijuana. I want to see what was around, and I stopped here. It was absolutely beautiful. If I could, I would live here in San Diego instead of LA. But, it’s just more convenient to live ther,” JC explained as he unwrapped his torta and bit into it. 

“I don’t blame you. I’ve never been much of a city girl. None of my homes, except for the condo in New York, are in the city. I like being close enough to the city, but I couldn’t live in the heart or too close to it. I like peace and quiet,” Ana agreed as she too ate her food. 

“So, tell me, what’s coming up next for you?” JC asked as the sun got lower in the sky and the day’s last beams of light bounced off their faces. 

“Well, I already told you this. But, I signed with Columbia on Monday. I get to release the Spanish album by Christmas. So, what I thought would be my vacation has turned into work. Promotion, you know appearances, performances, interviews, blah, blah, starts next month. I’ll be out the country mostly,” Ana explained. 

“What are you going to do about your next English record?” 

“I’m gonna put it off for a while. I’ve released a record every year for the past four years. I want to take a step back. Maybe do some more acting, I enjoyed myself with Training Day. Maybe do some writing and producing. Columbia is being very loose-reign with me.”

“Ana, sometimes I forget you’re only 19. You have your entire life planned out for yourself already. You remind me a lot of Justin,” JC pointed out. He loved talking to her about her plans or goals because he always realized how ambitious she was. She was completely dedicated to her craft, but she refused to spread herself out too much. She either dedicated herself completely to her music or her acting or her philanthropic work, but never to all things at once. 

“No, I don’t plan my life. I plan what I want to do, but I’m not on a timeline. Timelines, schedules, and other such things are constraints. I like to roll with the tide, but always be ahead of it,” Ana smirked bumping shoulders with him. 

“Yeah, now, you definitely sound like Justin,” JC kidded and chuckled. 

“Well, that’s kinda weird. That means you’re dating Justin and you’ve kissed Justin!” Ana joked before squealing. JC had pounced on her as soon as she’d finished her statement. 

“I’ll show you kissing Justin,” he growled before pushing his lips on her lips. When he pulled away, Ana stood up grinning and began dancing around JC, singing loudly. 

And oh, just one little kiss
And now I know what I missed
Baby all my life and I was not expecting this
Now you got me where I live
With just one little kiss
 

“Oh hush up, and come here,” JC groaned before pulling her back down beside him. He leaned over and silenced Ana’s giggles.  

#### 

The Next Day 

“Rise and shine you boogers!” Ana’s voice boomed from JC’s foyer into the living room, where the five guys were lounging. 

“It’s 2 in the afternoon, you silly girl. Of course we’re awake. Get in here!” Chris’s voice boomed in return. Ana entered the living room with three pizzas in her hands, being followed by Laci. 

“What are you guys doing?” she asked setting the pizzas down in the center table. Going around the room, she kissed each guy on the cheek before taking a seat on the couch next to Joey. 

“Being lazy, and deciding what to do today?” Justin answered without taking his eyes away from the video game that he was playing with Lance. 

“What have you been up to? Lacy mentioned you went down to Diego yesterday. You got a nice tan, I see,” JC casually commented as Lacy took a seat beside him. Looking at him, Ana smirked before replying. 

“Yes, I went to visit Cecelia, but she wasn’t in town. So, I spent the day outside,” Ana replied as she messed with Joey’s hair. 

“Wait, how’d you get a tan?” Chris questioned JC. Ana’s head snapped in his direction, and chewed her lip wondering how he’d answer. Sitting on the couch in shorts and a muscle tank, it was pretty evident to notice his golden tan on his shoulders. 

“Oh, umm, I spent the day looking for furniture then I went down to Venice Beach to write some,” JC hesitated a moment before letting the reply roll easily off his tongue. Ana released the breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding. JC’s eyes flickered to her, and she could read the relief in them. 

“Well, you two should’ve just hung out together at the beach and caused some headlines,” Justin chuckled turning around to look at them. Ana chuckled nervously before joining the entire group. 

“I think we’ve caused enough headlines, but next time I feel like making Walt’s life hell, I know who to call,” Ana smiled tightly before relaxing against the couch. She snuck a glance at JC, and he merely winked before chuckling to himself. Ana glared at him before she, too, couldn’t help but chuckle. 

Song Credits: 

“Just One Little Kiss” – Lila McCain

Chapter End Notes:
REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc