Author's Chapter Notes:
Clock says 4am. Mind says, u've got an 8am. Feedback please

“This has got to be the best concert I’ve been to in years!” JC yelled into Ana’s year as the crowd cheers roared into the night London air. Ana turned around, smiled, and nodded her head. 

“Good,” came her simple reply. 

The stage lights had gone down and yet the crowd begged for more. They were about halfway through the concert, and for JC, it was going by too quickly. He knew their chances of being recognized were slim and so all his inhibitions had vanished. He’d allowed himself to step back into the shoes of fan and thoroughly enjoy himself. Clapping, jumping, singing, laughing, and begging for more from the four Jersey boys alongside Ana had become liberating. He looked down as Ana threaded her scarf through her jean belt loops and fanned herself. 

“It’s so hot,” Ana said as she turned around to face JC. The crowd had pushed and shoved from the beginning; personal space vanishing into thin air. Ana’s back was up against the security barriers and her front pressed up against JC’s front. 

“It’s incredibly hot. But, it’s just because of the lights. The wind itself is cool,” JC replied before wiping some sweat from his brow. Their water bottles had long been consumed and discarded. 

“We should do this more often,” JC said as he looked around at everyone’s face. The excitement, the joy, and the passion that radiated on everyone’s faces was addicting and contagious. 

“What? Skip continents to see rock bands play?” Ana smirked as she watched him. She was incredibly happy that he’d agreed to come with her. She’d purchased those tickets months ago when they first went on sale, but she hadn’t planned on bringing anyone with her. JC, however, needed to get away from his life. He needed to learn to bend the rules, to not listen to the rules. Plus, she wanted to spend time with him. 

“Tempting, but no, I meant, we should take a step back from our jobs and rediscover music, rediscover our passion,” JC spoke before turning his eyes to Ana. The sincerity and the impact of his words left Ana speechless. 

“Whenever you want to disappear and come rediscover music, I’m onboard for adventure,” Ana smirked her reply. 

“For 19, you’re pretty damn smart, little lady,” JC kidded and playfully flicked her nose. Ana scrunched it up in reply and turned her head away. 

“For 19, I’m full of surprises, Mr. Chasez. You should take a chance,” Ana was ballsy. She refused to hide her attraction for JC, and she made sure that he well aware of it. She felt his attraction for her as well, but he was cautious. And dammit, her age was not going to keep her away from him. 

“Ana…,” JC began with a sigh before the beating of the drums cut him off. Recognizing the all-too-familiar bass line, the crowd went crazing as Jon Bon Jovi rejoined the band on center stage. Turning her head to see the stage, Ana’s smile grew widely. Turning back to JC, she wrapped an arm around his waist before beginning to belt the lyrics in duet with Jon. 

If you're ready, I'm willing and able
Help me lay my cards out on the table
You're mine and I'm yours for the taking
Right now the rules we made are meant for breaking

JC maintained eye contact with Ana as she smiled and essentially serenaded him in a crowd of about 70,000 people. She was really laying her heart on the line for him to take, and he’d never experienced something like that with a girl. Usually, it all began with meaningless dating to see if a connection existed. With Ana, however, he knew the connection existed.

What you get ain't always what you see
But satisfaction's guaranteed
They say what you give is always what you need
So if you want me to lay my hands on you

Five years was a huge difference when she was still a teenager. She doesn’t act like a teenager, he thought as he watched her raise both arms high in the air, close her eyes, throw her head back, and belt out the almost church-revival-like chorus


Lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me,
Lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me,
Lay your hands on me

Watching her in this element, JC understood her passion, her intensity, and her heart. Watching her listen to her favorite musicians in a place that held such sentimental value, he learned of her greatness as a human being. She was all-giving. She was either all in or she was out. She played no games. And, that, he respected and admired. Because he, himself, was no half-ass. 

Ana felt JC’s hands cup her face, and her eyes snapped open. Golden eyes met blue-grey eyes. Opening her mouth to question him, he began to sing the next verse to her.


I'm a fighter, I'm a poet, I'm a preacher
I've been to school and baby, I've been the teacher
If you show me how to get up off the ground
I can show you how to fly and never ever come back down
 

Thinking it not possible, Ana’s smile grew wider. Grabbing a hold of his wrists, she joined his singing.

Everything you want is what I need
Satisfaction's guaranteed
But the ride don't never ever come for free
If you want me to lay my hands on you
 

Turning around his arms, Ana lifted her arms in the air and joined the crowd’s wave. But, in that moment, in the middle of a rock concert with 70,000 attendants, time stopped. JC’s arm curved its way around her midsection as the other lifted high to join hers. Linking their hands, JC led their hands from side to side singing atop their lungs with the rest of the crowd. Smiling to herself, Ana dropped a hand to rest it atop his on her stomach.

Lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me,
Lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me, lay your hands on me,
Lay your hands on me


#### 

“Wait, they’re where?!?!” Justin exclaimed as he settled into the couches of his mom’s house. 

“Ana called and left a message saying they’d landed at Heathrow,” Lynn replied nonchalantly. 

“I can’t believe them. First, they skydive, and now they jet out of the country,” Justin mumbled incredulously. 

“They skydived? When was this?” Lynn perked up. 

“Lance had this bright idea yesterday to go skydiving. We all went across town, and at first, it was just going to be Lance, Ana, Chris, and Joey. But, somehow, Ana convinced JC to jump. I swear that boy would get a tattoo if she told him to,” Justin chuckled as he flipped on the television set. 

“Well, baby, don’t you think this is good for JC? I mean, he’s never really let loose. Not that I encourage reckless behavior, but we’ve all gotta let loose somehow,” Lynn replied. 

“Oh, I agree completely. I think Ana is great for JC. Hell, I think JC is great for Ana. I trust Ana to know this and be all for it. It’s JC that worries me,” Justin sighed a bit. 

“Why is that?” Lynn questioned. 

“Mama, JC gets scared easily. He likes to do things accordingly and he likes to have plans. He’s a perfectionist, and he’s dedicated. Music comes before all things in his life. I’m afraid he won’t realize what he could have with Ana. If you were to see them together, you’d be freaked out. They’re like one and the same,” Justin chuckled at the thought. It was true. Their personalities meshed perfectly. JC was cautious, and Ana was adventurous. They were both fearless. They were both ridiculously talented – they could sing the pants off anyone. JC was reserved and observative; Ana was outspoken and intuitive. Both were intellectuals, and music junkies. 

“I’ve seen them occasionally, and if I didn’t know any better, I would’ve thought they were already together,” Lynn summed up as she settled back onto the couches. 

“Me too, mama. Ana is fearless. She doesn’t hide her attraction. All I hope is that JC opens up his eyes,” Justin commented as the conversation ended. 

“I can’t believe they went to London. What the heck is in London?” Justin chuckled and pondered after a moment of silence. Looking at his mom, all he received was a shrug in response. Shaking his head, he shrugged himself and focused his attention on the television. 

#### 

“I'm a cowgirl, on a steel horse I ride. I'm wanted dead or alive!” Ana sang atop her lungs as the pair walked out the arena with the rush of the crowd. 

“Yes, you, my dear, are a cowgirl indeed,” JC chuckled as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kept her close to him. He wasn’t used to walking freely in large crowds, and so his protective instincts were on high alert. 

“You’re such a hater!” Ana chuckled before grasping his hand that dangled on her shoulder and wrapping her other arm around his slender waist. 

“Yes, I’m overcome with blinding jealousy. I’ve dreamt of being a cowgirl my entire life,” JC’s sarcastic reply earned himself a hip bump as he flagged down a cab. Finally, stepping inside the cab, the enthusiastic couple zoomed towards the city. 

“I’m starving,” Ana announced as they neared their hotel. 

“Stop the cab. We’ll go from here,” JC announced as they pulled up in front of Hyde Park. The cabdriver pulled off to the side, bid them goodnight and drove off. 

“JC, what are we going to find in a park to feed me?” Ana whined as JC pulled her down a path into the depths of the park. The night was crisp and cool, and peaceful. 

“Oh quit whining, we’re just crossing the park. We’re in England, my dear. What must we get while in England?” JC questioned tugging her shoulder a bit. 

“Fish and chips?” Ana asked with a sparkle in her eye after contemplating the question. 

“Of course, and Newcastle Brown Ale,” JC added with a smile as Ana squealed. “We’ll take it back to the hotel and just pig out, cool?” 

“That’s beyond cool with me,” Ana replied as they walked off the path and onto the main road. JC pulled her into the first “fish restaurant” and placed their order before pulling her down the block to a small liquor store. Purchasing some Newcastle Brown Ale, they headed back to the restaurant to pick up their order. Making their way down the couple block to their hotel, the pair walked arm in arm. 

“Did you enjoy yourself?” JC asked as they sat on the floor of their hotel suite with some movie playing on television. 

“Absolutely. This was my 7th Bon Jovi concert, and each one has been uh-mazing!” Ana exaggerated as she drank her beer. JC laughed at her excitement. 

“Well good, because I had a blast. I still can’t believe just yesterday I skydived before running away with you,” JC chuckled as he settled against the couch behind him. 

“Gosh, you make it sound like we ran away, got hitched, and got knocked up. So, we left like bandits in the middle of the night and vanished from the country. So what?” Ana shrugged her reply. JC raised an eyebrow at her. 

“You sure do have a wild imagination,” JC commented before chuckling as Ana stuck out her tongue at him. 

“Someone’s got to keep you on your toes,” she smirked. 

“Ana, why’d you bring me here?” he asked after a moment of silence. 

“Because you needed to get away,” Ana’s automatic reply was quickly delivered. 

“Is that it?” JC asked before turning his gaze from the television to look at Ana. 

“No,” came her reply. 

“Then why?” 

“Because I wanted you here.” 

“Why?” 

“Because I enjoy your company. Every concert they’ve had here, I’ve come to see. But, I’ve come alone. But, I wanted you here to share this with me. Tomorrow night is their last concert here before Wembley closes,” Ana shared as her voice broke towards the end. She lowered her head down to avoid shedding any tears. Reaching out to grasp her chin, JC raised her face to meet his. 

“Is that it?” he softly asked. 

“No.” 

“Why else did you bring me here?”

“Because I like you. I wanted to show you that I’m not some silly little girl. I know I’m young, JC, but I’m not a child. I left home when I was 14; I had to grow up fast,” Ana felt the need to defend herself. 

“I don’t think you’re a child, Ana. If anything, I think you’re way more mature than I am. But, that doesn’t take away from our ages,” JC tried to rationalize. 

“JC, don’t give me that bull. You know age is nothing but a damn number. Look, I know that you just got out of a very long relationship, so I’m not pushing you to anything. But, can you honestly tell me that because you’re 25 and I’m almost 20, you’re willing to not even give whatever this could be a shot?” 

“Ana, my relationship with Bobbie died a long time ago. I just couldn’t let go. I was afraid to let go. She’d been there beside me for so long that I didn’t know how to let go. And, I thank you for helping me see some of the joy of life again. But, I can’t do this to you,” JC held onto her chin to keep her face-to-face. 

“You can’t do what, JC?” 

“I can’t hurt you the way I hurt her,” he softly replied. 

“Oh JC, can’t you see? You didn’t hurt her. She hurt you. She used you. For selfish reasons, she couldn’t understand your passion for your career.” It was Ana’s turn to grab his face and attempt to make him realize. 

“I would never, ever, ask you to give this up for me. Why? Because I would not expect you to ask me to give this up. Yes, we’re five years apart. So what? I’m not telling you ‘let’s go get married’ or ‘let’s have kids’. I’m telling you ‘let’s try this out’. We’re friends. And, if this doesn’t go anywhere, then we’ll still be friends. You of all people should know how hard it is to trust people. But, I trust you. And I want to think that you trust me too,” Ana explained. JC sat their silent as he listened to her rationalization.

He hated to hear the truth. Five years. At least it wasn’t ten. Or fifteen. Or hell, twenty. She was beautiful, and she incredibly funny. Smart as hell. Talent-wise, she was indescribable. She just needed to find her niche before she could blow the world away. Right now, she was playing the mainstream field and she was going with the flow. But, he knew that when she broke from the mold and made things her won, she would be taking over the entertainment world. 

Ana sat in silence as she waited for JC to say something. Nerves. She’d always hated to feel nervous, especially offstage. Drawing her bottom lip between her teeth, Ana ran her thumbs over JC’s knuckles as she held onto his hands. 

“Don’t make me break out movie quotes,” Ana attempted to kid. JC raised a questioning eyebrow as to what she meant. 

“’After all, I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her,’” Ana sorrowfully delivered the Julia Roberts quote from Notting Hill. Nothing could keep JC from laughing loudly. 

“It is fitting being in London, and all. But, I must say, you’re just a girl sitting in front of a boy,” JC smirked after regaining his composure. 

“Pssh, technicality,” Ana kidded with a wink. 

“And the media?” JC asked. 

“What about them?” she asked. 

“They already think we’re dating,” JC replied. 

“Let them think whatever they want to. Here’s the thing, the media tends to think that they control us. But, what many of us fail to see is that we actually hold the power to control the media. They’ll believe whatever bull we feed them so long as they don’t have evidence that states otherwise. We’ll keep this on the low. No one has to know. Let’s see how it works out before we go all Justin/Britney scandalous about it,” Ana suggested as she leaned back against the couch and hugged her knees to her chest. 

“You think we can do that?” JC asked. He seriously wanted to laugh. He’d never have to basically execute a dating plan. It really was comical. 

“I think so. We can make it work. I’m sure events will overlap. I’ll be recording and filming a new movie soon. You guys are recording and touring. My schedule will probably be more flexible, but we can make it work. And like I said, we’re friends first and foremost,” Ana replied. 

“So, we sneak around?” JC asked as he contemplated the issue a bit further. 

“Justin and Britney can have all the attention, bless their hearts,” Ana sympathized. 

“You are a cowgirl!” JC laughed at her southern expression. Ana blushed and threw a couch pillow at him. He fell backwards laughing and holding his stomach. Ana mockingly glared at him before chugging the last of her beer.

Chapter End Notes:
FEEDBACK! FEEDBACK!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc