Author's Chapter Notes:
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!

“Are you serious?!?!” Ana exclaimed as she leaned forward on the couch in Joey’s Orlando living room along with the guys, Dani, and Kelly (Joey’s girlfriend). 

“Of course I’m serious. I wouldn’t joke about something like that,” Lance replied as he sipped his beer and relaxed against the couch behind him. He was seated on the floor in front of the couch that Chris, Dani, and Joey occupied. 

“You really want to go skydiving? Like, right now?” Ana asked once more as she looked around to see if anyone else was as excited as her. Everyone seemed to be looking at each other nervously. 

“Right now is cool. There’s this place on the other side of town. We have the rest of the day free,” Lance shrugged nonchalantly and smirked. He knew that he had Ana sold on the idea. 

“Man, I’m so in. This could be my final teenage stunt! Let’s go!” Ana jumped from the couch and ran towards the front door to retrieve her sneakers. Running back into the living room, she realized that no one else had made a move to get up. 

“Oh come one, guys! Let’s go! It’ll be so much fun,” Ana pleaded as she secured her sneaker and stood up straightening out her jeans and tank top. Lance stood and grabbed his shoes as well. Ana stood with her hands of her hips, waiting for anyone else to get up. Finally, Chris and Joey sighed and announced they’d do it. Unfortunately, Dani and Kelly were totally against joining them. 

“I’ll go with you fools, but I’m not jumping,” Justin announced from his place on the 2-seater. 

“Oh come on, J! You know you want to do this,” Ana tugged on Justin’s arm, but he remained firmly seated. 

“No, thank you, Tiger, you can go jump out of a plane all by yourself. I like the ground; it’s treated me well these past 19 years,” Justin stubbornly shook his head and crossed his arm. Ana sighed and turned to JC who sat on the floor. 

“Jace, are you coming?” Ana sweetly asked as she approached him. Squatting in front of him, she pouted and batted her eyelashes at him. 

“I don’t think so. I’m with J on this one. You can go jump out of a plane all by yourself,” JC replied and returned a small smile. 

“Come on! This can be your first adventure at 25!” Ana exclaimed trying her best to sell him the idea. 

“I’ve been 25 for about 10 days now, so give me a few more months to enjoy it before I go sign any death wishes. Deal?” JC smirked before petting Ana’s head. Ana grumbled something about old farts and stalked out the house, leaving everyone chuckling. 

#### 

Pulling up to the skydiving field on the other side of Orlando, the group spilled out of two cars. Ana and Lance were at the forefront of the group; excitedly leading them into the office. 

Somehow, Ana had managed to convince JC to jump. The group was impressed; when JC’s mind was set, there was not changing it. Filling out the required paperwork and sitting through the crash course, they were led to an outside warehouse to pick their jumpsuit and parachute. 

“Are you ok?” Ana quietly asked as she stepped into her jumpsuit alongside JC. He’d been deathly silent ever since they’d stepped into the training course. 

“I can’t believe I let you convince me to do this. My mom is going to kill me – if I survive, of course. I’ve lost my damn mind,” JC muttered the last sentiment to himself. Ana choked back a chuckle before placing a hand on his shoulder. 

“JC, you’re going to be fine. We all are. You’ve gotta live a little. In our career, we don’t get these moments often. Just relax, and enjoy it,” Ana spoke softly to him when he turned his gaze to meet hers. Nodding, he swallowed hard and finished zipping up his jumpsuit. 

Finally, after allowing Chris to act out his dramatic farewells, the group of 5 – Chris, Joey, Lance, Ana, and JC – set out to hop onto the plane with their instructors. They’d opted to do tandem skydiving, which would have them attached to the front of their instructors. This sold the idea to JC, who feared he’d be clueless with steering a parachute on his own. 

“You are crazy,” JC gritted as he watched Ana bounce in her seat as the plane ascended to their jumping altitude. 

“Oh, JC, this is what life’s all about. Enjoying these moments right here. Can you imagine the freedom that’s going to rush through our bodies when we’re free-falling? I bet this will be like nothing we’ve ever felt before, not even onstage,” Ana rambled as she tightly grabbed his hands and smiled brightly at him. Somehow her smile was able to calm his nerves, and the excitement began to build up. 

“You’re right. We can do this. Oh man, we can do this!” JC nodded his head and agreed matching Ana’s smile. Ana smiled and the electricity of their excitement seem to fill the plane. Soon all ten passengers were riled up and ready to take that leap of faith. Ana opted to go first followed by JC, Joey, Chris, and Lance would round out the jumps. As Ana and her instructor set themselves up by the opened door, the guys cheered her on. She turned back and caught JC’s gaze. 

“Good luck! I love you guys!” Ana exclaimed before winking and pushing out the plane. Her shriek and laughter was carried in waves back into the plane as the guys watch her quickly become a small dot in a vast existence. One after the other, each guy took the leap of faith. Looking around, they could see each other floating down to the open field. Hoots and hollers echoed their feelings of freedom, invincibility, and happiness. 

#### 

“So, what do you want to do?” Ana asked as she dropped onto the couch and drew her legs up to her chest. 

“I’m not picky. We can do whatever, so long as I get some food first,” he replied as he shrugged his coat off. They’d just walked into his brand new Winter Park, Florida home. 

“How long have you had this house?” Ana asked looking around the scarcely decorated house. She sat on a set of leather couches that looked frighteningly out-of-place in the French chateau-style house. 

“I officially got it in June. This has only been like my 4th time staying here since I got it,” JC replied as he too took a seat on the couch next to her and looked around. 

“Come on, let me show you around,” JC said grabbing her hand and pulling her behind him. Ana obediently followed JC throughout the four bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, kitchen, den, basement, and outside to the backyard. 

“You have a boat deck?” Ana asked running across his manicure lawn to the boat deck that extended into the lake. Taking a seat on the deck’s edge, she let her feet dangle; her toes barely grazed the water. 

“I just need a boat,” JC supplied as he joined her. They sat there in silence and watched the sun begin its daily descent. 

“It’s a beautiful house, JC,” Ana spoke quietly as a cool breeze picked off the lake and blew her curls wildly. 

“Thank you. I just need to decorate it. I was thinking of taking full advantage of these weeks home to go and look at furniture. You should come and help me out. You can give me a girl’s opinion,” JC nonchalantly offered. His face remained towards the lake. 

“I would love to. I loved decorating. If I could, I would buy houses just to decorate them,” Ana chuckled before turning to look at him. The sun’s evening glow danced across his face, giving his eyes a green tint. 

“You could, though,” JC smirked turning his eyes downward to look at her. 

“Yes, I could, but then I would be frivolous,” Ana retorted and lightly chuckled with him. She bumped her shoulder with his lightly, and they returned to their state of silence. They didn’t need to speak. They were perfectly content with each other’s presence. 

“So, Ana, tell me about yourself,” JC spoke up as the sun set low in the sky and his porch light flickered on. 

“What would you like to know?” Ana replied. 

“Is anything off limits?” JC asked. 

“Not unless you’re a reporter,” Ana glanced at him and smirked. 

“Alright, then, tell me everything and anything you want. Tell me who is Ana Mora.” 

“Well, my name is Ana Joelle Mora. I was born on October 15, 1980 in Atlanta, Georgia. I have 4 sisters, which you knew already. Emelda Cruz is the oldest, and she lives in Belmont, Massachusetts. She’s a doctor, a surgeon actually. And, she’s 27. You met Cecilia, and she lives in the San Diego area as an elementary school teacher. Katia Itzel and CeCe are twins, and she lives in Chicago as an architect. They’re both 23. Then, it’s Myra Roxana and she’s 22. She plays soccer on the US team, but she lives in Athens, GA. She went to University of Georgia, and she helps coach the team there during her off seasons. Then, of course, it’s me. Umm, what else? Well, I am Mexican-French-American. My father, Alejandro is, er, was born and raised in Guanajuato, Mexico. He immigrated to the United States in the 1970s with Elena to California before moving east and settling in Georgia. He met my mother at Graceland, don’t laugh,” Ana gasped and pushed JC’s shoulder when he snorted. 

“I can’t believe your parents met at Graceland! Justin’s gonna love that,” JC’s shoulders shook with laughter. Ana chuckled quietly, but remained stern-faced. 

“It’s not all that funny, you know. But, whatever, I’ll continue. They met, fell in love, had the twins, and then got married. My mom was from Auxerre, France, and she had just graduated from Harvard University. Her passion was music, so she was in Memphis when they met,” Ana smiled as she recounted the story of her life. 

“So, you get your passion for music from her?” JC questioned. The joy that danced across Ana’s face as she spoke of her family was enchanting. He couldn’t help but smile at her joy. 

“I guess. I mean, she lived, breathed, and loved it. But, music runs through my veins. My dad loved it just as much, but for him it was a hobby. He couldn’t sing to save his life, but he could play the heck out of a guitar. He taught me how to play, you know?” Ana pulled her legs up and crossed them underneath her. Moving to lean against one of the wooden poles on the deck, she leaned her head back and watched as JC mimicked her moves in front of her. 

“Why do you speak of them in past tense?” JC asked quietly despite already knowing the truth in his gut. 

“Well, I don’t remember my mother much because she left us when I was about four years old. She went back to France. From what the girls and dad told me, she couldn’t bear to be away from home anymore. So, she packed her things and she left. And daddy, well, he passed away about four years ago. He worked construction in Atlanta, and he was building Turner Field for the Olympics. Some scaffolding fell atop him from 3 stories up – crushed his lungs,” Ana’s voice crack towards the end. She looked up at JC with water-filled eyes and gave him a sad one-shoulder shrug before biting her lip to keep her tears at bay. 

JC took a deep breath before reaching over and pulling her to his side. He hugged her close, almost wanting to take away her pain. She was so strong, yet she was broken. His heart broke for her. All was quiet besides her occasional sniffle, and the wind pushing the lake water to the edge. 

“You want to know something?” Ana’s meek voice rang in the quiet night. 

“Sure,” JC simply replied. 

“Daddy took me to my first concert ever. Summer of 1995, London, England. I saw Bon Jovi play Wembley Stadium,” Ana chuckled as the memories of that summer day rushed through her mind.

“Really? Wow,” JC admired as she pulled away and wiped away her tears. 

“Yeah, I had just signed with the record company, and I’d gotten sent overseas to record with some producers. Elena had just graduated so she travelled with me as her graduation gift. But, she was starting med school and needed to return. Daddy met up with me in London, and we heard that Bon Jovi was playing. Somehow, daddy got us tickets, and we had a blast. Daddy loved them, and I fell in love with Jon that day. It was just amazing,” Ana chuckled and continued wiping stray tears away. 

“That’s great that you have such an amazing memory of your dad, though. You guys were able to share something together,” JC comforted her. He reached to wipe away some tears and tuck some unruly curls behind her ear. 

“That night, I realized that I really wanted to do this. I wanted to sing, to write, to play, and to dance for people. There was a moment in the concert when they play ‘Blaze of Glory,’ which is my anthem, and Jon put the mic out to the crowd. He stops singing completely, and the crowd sings back his song. I cannot begin to describe the chills I felt when that happened. I turned to daddy and I said ‘that’s gonna be me, daddy’. He looked at me, hugged me, and said ‘that is you, mi hijita. You can stop a hurricane in its path with your voice.’” Ana smiled despite the rush of emotions running through her. 

“And he wasn’t lying, was he?” JC lifted her chin with his index finger. Ana bit her lip and shook her head. 

“No, I played Wembley 3 years later, and I tried it. And JC, they did it. They sang my song back to me. And, I know daddy was watching,” Ana nodded her head with confidence and smile. JC smiled back at her and kissed her forehead before standing up. Looking down at her, he reached his hand to help her up. 

“And they will continue to sing them for you, Ana. You’re really something else. Come on, let’s get some food before I take you back to Lynn’s house,” JC offered as they began their walk back to his house. Ana was only in town for two more days, and she was staying at Lynn’s house. 

“Are you still feeling like a daredevil?” Ana stopped in the middle of his yard and asked quietly. JC froze in mid-step and turned around to look at her. Standing before him in a black tank, white jeans, and black flats, Ana had a determined look on her face. Yes, her eyes were red and slightly swollen from the crying, but her face was relaxed. She looked content. There was a hint of a smile on the edge of her pouty lips as she waited for his answer. 

“What?” 

“Are you feeling like a daredevil?”

“Ana, I just jumped from a plane. I think I’m all daredevil’ed out for a lifetime. Now, what are you getting at?” JC incredulously replied but with a cautious tone. 

“Well, I just wondered if you wanted to get on a plane with me to London tonight,” Ana stated as if it were the most common thing in the world to jump on an airplane to another continent. 

“Are you insane? What’s in London?” JC asked as he shook his head in disbelief. 

“Just answer my question. If you go, then you’ll know what’s in London. If you don’t, then we can forget about it. Either way it goes, I won’t hold it against you,” Ana remained determined. JC just looked at her and mentally kicked himself. How was it possible that this teenager could throw his entire world out of whack? 

“It’s not rocket science, Josh. It’s yes or no,” Ana stated as he watch JC’s indecision dance across his face. 

“I like that you call me Josh,” JC softly smiled. 

“Quit changing the topic. Yes or no,” Ana restated her question. JC took a deep breath before looking around his backyard and out into the lake. He’d really wanted to spend some time enjoying his house and decorating it. 

“We can go furniture shopping,” Ana smirked as she threw out that suggestion to him. He smirked lightly before shaking his head. 

“I don’t know how you do it, Ana, but you make me throw caution to the wind,” JC began, “come on, we have a flight to catch.” 

Ana squealed as she jumped into his arms and hugged his neck. She planted a loud kiss on his cheek before running inside the house. JC dialed the airlines and proceeded to book them two one-way flights to London in three hours. Ana handed him her credit card, and insisted that she pay for them herself. 

“You need to get to Lynn’s to pack,” JC stated once he hung up the call and turned to see Ana leaning against his kitchen counter casually munching on an apple. 

“If I do that, then they’ll never let us go,” Ana replied and continued to chew. She had a point. Lynn would ask every question under the sun, and Justin would be bound to want to join them. 

“So, what? You’ll buy some clothes there?” JC asked as he pondered their choices. 

“London is known for the fashion. Why not? I still have my overnight bag that I’d pack for Joey’s place in your car. We can do carry-on bags only,” Ana replied. 

“Do you realize that this is crazy?” JC asked he stepped closer to her and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket. 

“What is?” Ana replied watching JC take a bite of the apple. 

“Jumping on a flight in the middle of the night to another continent without telling anyone, and you not telling me what we’re going for,” JC was exasperated. 

“We’ll let the guys know once we’re on the plane. Personally, I think the craziest part of all this is that you agreed to go after only knowing me for like 3 months,” Ana said with a small smile. 

“You’re dangerous, Ana,” JC chuckled and wagged his finger at her before returning to his apple. Ana threw her head back and laughed loud and boisterously. JC watched her walk around his kitchen and fix them two sandwiches before they headed out to the airport. 

“Do you realize you’re in a round-about-way running away with a 19-year-old,” Ana teased as they checked in at the ticket counter and moved towards security. 

“Don’t remind me,” JC sighed and continued walking. Ana laughed before following his footsteps. 

#### 

August 19, 2000 – London, England 

“Are you ready?” JC asked as Ana stepped out of the bathroom. According to Ana, they needed to leave in fifteen minutes. 

“Yes, Mr. Impatient, I’m ready,” Ana teased as she secured her watch onto her wrist. She looked up and saw JC dressed in dark wash jeans and a light blue t-shirt with a white long-sleeve shirt underneath. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and his hair was perfectly gelled in place. His ever-present lion medallion sat neat atop his blue shirt. 

“Well, don’t you look nice,” Ana commented as he stood up from the couch and walked towards her. 

“Thank you. I’ll have to say that you look very posh yourself,” JC kidded in a fake English accent. Ana laughed and shook her head before heading out of the hotel room. Walking behind her, JC was able to check out her outfit without getting caught. She wore dark blue jeans, a white halter top with a dark gray vest over it, and a light gray scarf fashionably around her neck. She finished the look with the same pair of black flats from the night before. Making their way to the lobby, they caught a cab. 

“Wembley Stadium, please,” Ana instructed the cabdriver as they settled into the backseats. She saw JC’s head snap to look at her, and she held her hand up – willing him to keep his questions at bay. 

JC’s kept his eyes on the scenery as they drove closer and closer to the stadium. As they pulled up to the outside gates, he saw a large sign in bright lights. 

BON JOVI – THE CRUSH TOUR 

“Ana…,” he began before he realized that Ana stood at the Will Call ticket window. Slowly, he made his way towards her and stood beside her. She handed him his ticket and together they made their way through security and into the stadium.  

It was definitely a hot summer London evening. They knew it would be much hotter in a sea of people. So, they purchased some bottled water before heading to find their seats. 

“Front and center?” JC asked bewildered as they made their way down to the front of the restless crowd. Literally, they were in the dead center of the stage up against the barrier. 

“It’s the only true way to experience their concerts. Do you know their songs?” Ana asked. He was rendered speechless for a while when she turned to look at him. The joy and the excitement across her face was electrifying. Suddenly, he realized the significance of her bringing him here. 

“Thank you,” he stated just as the spotlights illuminated the stage. 

“For what?” she asked with a bright smile. 

“For bringing her and sharing this with me,” JC replied pushing a curl behind her ear. 

“Thank you for coming,” Ana softly replied before the crowds’ scream became too much. 

“All I want is someone to dance with…Give me a little bit of cha-cha.” Jon Bon Jovi’s voice rang over the speakers. 

They turned their attention to the stage as the guitar rifts and drum beats pulsed through the air. The crowd surge forward in anticipation and JC moved Ana’s smaller frame in front of him in an effort to protect her. He kept his hands on her hips and they began to rock to the beat. Ana turned her head slightly as it rested on his collarbone and they began to sing along with Jon Bon Jovi. 

It's a hot night, the natives are restless
We're sweating by the light of the moon
There's a voodoo mojo brewing at the go-go
That could knock a witch off her broom

Chapter End Notes:

FEEDBACK! FEEDBACK!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc