Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for your feedback! Keep it coming!

Los Angeles, CA – August 2000 

“What do you mean ‘it’s a good PR move’?” Ana exclaimed as she paced Johnny’s LA office, “I’m not some rent-a-date, Johnny!” 

“Calm down, Ana. We just think that it would be a good move if you were to go with him as your date. The public loves him. You guys will stir some talk, and you get all this face-time,” Johnny tried to pacify the situation using a soothing voice. 

“Don’t patronize, Johnny!” Ana whirled around in mid-pace and pointed an accusing finger at Johnny, who flinched slightly from behind his desk. 

“Whoa, tiger, put away the claws!” came the slight chuckle from the doorway. Ana snapped around ready to bite whoever’s head had dared to joke at the moment. The crazed look in her eyes soothed as she saw Justin, along with JC and Chris, standing in the doorway. The semblance of a smirk rested on all three faces. 

“Shut up, Justin. Come in & shut the door. Johnny will be free soon enough,” Ana gritted as she waited for the three to scramble through the door and safely close the door behind them. The guys turned questioning looks towards Johnny, who merely shrugged, before taking a seat in the couches behind Ana. 

“Look Johnny, I don’t understand why I need the attention. I don’t have an album coming out. Promotion for the movie starts next month. Plus, I don’t know this dude,” Ana all but stomped her foot after taking a calming deep breath and running a hand through her curls in a sign of deep frustration. 

“Ana, you don’t want to fall out of the spotlight right now. You’re just picking up steam. The single is doing good. The movie is buzzing. The tour and the album were great. This is the moment to be in their face. We need to get you back in the studio asap,” Johnny sighed before continuing, “Ana, it’s just for a couple of hours.” 

“What’s going on?” Chris’s curiosity got the best of him and he voiced his question before he could stop himself. 

“Johnny here thinks it would be a great idea for me to go to the awards show with Mark Wahlberg,” Ana sighed as she dropped in a heap into the nearest chair. 

“What the hell, Johnny! He’s like Chris’s age! That’s perverted! No!” Justin jumped up from the couch and protested. 

“Hey! What’s wrong with my age?” Chris stood in defense. 

“No offense, Chris, but you’re like 10 years older than Ana,” Justin replied before turning back to Johnny.

“She’s not doing it, Johnny.” 

“Yeah, I’m not doing it Johnny,” Ana regained her courage and stood next to Justin in a united front.  

“Justin, this has nothing to do with you,” Johnny sternly replied pointing a finger at Justin. 

“Johnny, I don’t care what…Wait, Justin, I’m older than you!” Ana exclaimed once she realized that Justin was basically decided what she could and could not do. Granted he was agreeing with her, but she didn’t need anyone to defend her. 

“You may be older, but I’m taller than you. So, listen to me, alright,” Justin argued before turning back to Johnny. “Johnny, find someone else because she’s not going with him.” 

“Now, wait just one damn minute, Justin. We’re friends and all, but you don’t decided what I can and cannot do,” Ana exclaimed placing her hands on her hips and looking at Justin directly in the eye. Well, more like, looking up into his eyes. He did tower about five inches above her. 

“Ana, just please, wait. Johnny, seriously, Mark is like this big shot. Haven’t we all heard asshole stories? Why would you do that to Ana?” Justin continued his argument with Johnny. Unknowingly, he’d been joined by the other guys. Ana stood pouting with her arms crossed off to the side as the guys and Johnny argued back and forth about HER life. She felt like a little girl being told what to do by her brothers and father. 

“I’ll go with the guys,” Ana’s suggestion rose above the arguing. 

“What?” Johnny questioned as the four men hushed quickly. 

“Well, if you’re looking for good PR, then I’ll go with the guys. I’ll be their date. Everyone loves Nsync,” Ana smirked as she realized that she’d cornered Johnny. 

“You won’t go with 1 date, but you’ll go with 3 dates. Unbelievable,” Johnny mumbled as he rubbed the frustration away from his face. 

“I rather go alone then with ill company, Johnny. It’s either the guys or I go alone,” Ana stated firmly as she held Johnny’s gaze. She could hear the guys snicker when they realized that she’d cornered Johnny. 

“You can’t go with all three guys, Ana. So, pick one,” Johnny caved in and a smile danced across Ana’s face. 

“Way to make us feel like Chippendales, Johnny,” JC’s sarcasm caused Ana to chuckle. 

“I have a date,” Chris spoke up. 

“Me too,” Justin blushed. 

“Britney?” Ana questioned with an arched brow. 

“Momma,” Justin replied as his blush deepened with the guys’ snickers. 

“Well, then, JC is free,” Ana concluded and turned towards Johnny. 

“You’ll add to the fire, Ana. Just go with Mark,” Johnny sighed as he realized that sending Ana with JC would cause havoc in the gossip columns. Justin and Britney already had to go separately. 

“Johnny, the simple fact that we’ll both be in the same building adds to the fire. Besides, this will definitely keep my name and the guys’ name in the papers,” Ana suggested as she watched JC out the corner of her eye. 

“JC, how do you feel?” Johnny asked after a moment’s deliberation. 

“Well, it’s whatever really. I mean, I don’t care. Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me,” he stuttered his reply and shrugged nonchalantly. 

“Well, don’t jump too high for joy, I promise I’m not a boring date,” Ana grumbled. The guys chuckle slightly and turned to look at JC. 

“It’s a yes or no answer, JC,” Johnny commented. 

“I didn’t mean it like that Ana. Let’s do it. We stick to the ‘we’re just friends’ comment,” JC replied looking at Ana in the eye. He provided a small smile in hopes of amending his earlier comment. 

“Great. Then, it’s settled. We’ll talk shop later. Now, you guys can have Johnny all to yourselves,” Ana dismissed the topic and smiled brightly at the guys. 

“Well, we were just coming by to say ‘hello’. We didn’t expect to be auctioned off, though,” Chris smirked as he sat in one of the chairs and winked playfully at Ana. Ana chuckled, rolled her eyes, and gathered her notebooks before heading towards the door. 

“See you tomorrow night,” Ana said before closing the door behind her and walking down the hall to the front door. Lowering her sunglasses and adjusting her notebooks, Ana stepped out to blinding flashes. Pushing her way through the crowd with a constant smile, she made her way to her rented black Mercedes. 

#### 

“I can’t believe Johnny wanted to sell you out like that,” one of Ana’s older sisters Cecilia commented as she continued to straighten Ana’s long locks. 

“I know. I could’ve choked him, CeCe,” Ana replied as she finished applying her mascara. Cecilia had driven up from San Diego to visit Ana while she was in Los Angeles. 

“Oh, I imagine you could’ve. You always did have the worst temper of us all,” Cecilia retorted and playfully tugging Ana’s hair. 

“Oh hush, I needed the temper dealing with you four. It ain’t easy being the youngest of cinco,” Ana stuck her tongue out at Cecilia through the mirror. Cecilia sprayed some anti-frizz serum into Ana’s hair and announced her completion. 

“Thank you so much. I hate having to straighten this mess,” Ana sighed as she stood and untied her robe. 

“How come you didn’t have someone come do your hair and makeup?” Cecilia asked as she grabbed Ana’s dress from the hanger and walked over to her. 

“If I can avoid it, I rather do my own hair and makeup. Plus, I’m not performing or anything. Just presenting and nominated,” Ana replied putting her arms through the soft pink dress. Finding the zipper, Cecilia pulled it up to its stopping point – below Ana’s cleavage. 

“If papi saw you wearing this, he’d ground all five of us,” Cecilia snorted helping Ana adjust the dress. 

“Well, papi would also be very proud of us five, so let’s not think of sad stuff,” Ana smirked and sat down to slip on her nude leather Louboutin peep-toe pumps. Cecilia walked over with a diamond bracelet and diamond drop earrings. 

“When are you heading out? It’s almost 4,” Cecilia asked as she sat on the hotel bed watching Ana spritz some last minute perfume. 

“As soon as JC gets here,” came her distracted reply. 

“JC?” 

“Yeah, JC.” 

“Who’s JC?” 

“From Nsync.” 

“Wait, why is he coming here?” 

“Because he’s my date.” 

“What the hell?” 

“The guys were against me going with Mark as well yesterday, so I convinced Johnny to let me go with them. Turns out Justin and Chris had dates, but not JC. So, I’m his date,” Ana replied nonchalantly. 

“Ana…look at me. Loot at me, Ana,” Cecilia’s motherly voice spoke sternly waiting for Ana to look at her. Finally, Ana turned to meet her green eyes. 

“What, CeCe?” Ana sighed. 

“How old is JC?” Cecilia questioned. 

“Umm, 24, I think,” Ana mumbled. 

“You think?” Cecilia raised a questioning eyebrow. 

“I know, alright. He turns 25 like in two days,” Ana replied frustrated. 

“Do you like JC?” 

“Gosh, CeCe, quit it,” Ana sighed before there was a knock on the hotel door. Cecilia rush to open the door before Ana could make a move to open it herself. 

“Are you…whoa. Sorry. Do I have the wrong room?” JC stood in the hallway. He expected to see Ana open the door not her lookalike. 

“Depends, are you JC?” Cecilia questioned looking at his leather pants and black shirt outfit. 

“Uh, yes, that would be me. I was looking for Ana,” JC cautiously replied while smiling softly. 

“I’m her sister, Cecilia. She’s inside; would you like to come in?” Cecilia asked after shaking his hand. JC nodded and stepped into the hotel room. Ana walked out from around the corner and smiled at him. 

“Hey handsome, are you ready?” she asked. 

“I thought I was, but I may need extra security with you wearing that dress,” JC replied absentmindedly as he checked out her outfit from head to toe. 

“I told her papi would ground us all if he saw her wear that dress,” Cecilia broke through their silence. 

“Oh hush. JC, this is my sister, Cecilia. Cecilia, this is JC from Nsync,” Ana introduced them both. 

“I’ve already met JC from Nsync, but once again, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” Cecilia smiled and sat on the couch. They made small talk with her for a minute or two before announcing their departure. 

“I’ll see you for dinner,” Ana kissed her cheek and hugged her before stepping out into the hallway. Cecilia nodded and waved to them goodbye. 

“Wow, your sister looks just like you,” JC commented as they stood waiting for the elevator. 

“Actually, I look like her. She’s older than me,” Ana replied stepping into the elevator. 

“How many siblings do you have?” 

“Four. Sisters. It’s five of us in total,” Ana replied and chuckled at the shock written across JC’s face. 

“Wow. I couldn’t imagine having five sisters. I have one, and that is plenty,” JC chuckled while shaking his head. 

“Yes, five sisters – Elena, Cecilia, Katia, and Myra. I am the youngest,” Ana commented as they stepped out into the lobby and walked towards Justin and Chris. Both stood in their rockstar getups accompanied by Justin’s mom and Chris’s girlfriend, Dani. Lynn let out a low whistle as Ana and JC approached the group. 

“I know, doesn’t JC just look so hot?” Ana diverted the compliment to JC’s leather getup. The group chuckled before moving to head out. 

Ana rode with the guys to the awards show, and she walked with JC for about half of the red carpet. They separated for individual shots, and Ana avoided the press altogether. Similarly, Justin, Chris, and JC walked straight through without stopping for any interviews. 

“Seriously, Justin and Britney are nominated for choice hotties?” Ana whispered to JC as they sat listening as the presenter announced the nominees. 

“Corny, right?” JC softly chuckled. 

“Uh…duh. They gave no one else in the category a chance,” Ana smirked as JC tried to muffle his laughter. They watched as Justin and Britney walked onstage and playfully acted as if they were going to kiss. 

“They such goodie-two-shoes! I would’ve laid a wet one on her,” Chris mumbled from besides JC. 

“I’d do it just because I don’t like my PR guy, Walter,” Ana replied and laughed evilly. 

“Watch your back, JC,” Chris playfully warned as they all laughed. 

“And the Choice Summer Artist is…drumroll please,” Mark Wahlberg dramatically paused as he ripped open the envelope, “Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for ANA MORA!!!!” 

Ana smiled brightly as her name was announced and the camera was shoved in her face. The guys, Lynn, and Dani stood with her to applaud her. She hugged Chris and Justin, and stopped in front of JC placing a small peck on his cheek. He narrowed his eyes at her, but she only returned a sweet smile. 

“Ana also receives Choice R&B Track for ‘Case of the Ex,’” Mark announced as two surfboards were handed over to Ana. 

“Thank you so much! Oh, this is great! Ok, so, I have a bone to pick with someone. I was just saying that Choice Hottie was fixed. Come on, who didn’t know those two were going to win? Exactly. No, I’m kidding! I love those two, and congratulations. I get to go home and eat a pint of ice cream and not feel guilty after this. Thank you!” Ana joked as the crowd laughed. 

“No, seriously, thank you for everyone who voted. I’m so glad that you guys loved the song, the album, and the tour. I enjoyed seeing you guys these past couple of months. Thank you to the promoters, without you no one would hear our music. And, thank you to my sister for helping me get dressed today because I hate dealing with my curls. And thank you to Nsync for letting me tag along as your date! I have one thing to say about them: Eat your hearts out America!” Ana giggled and waved before following Mark offstage with her two surfboards. 

“What was that, Ana?” JC hissed once she occupied her seat once more after doing the Press Room. 

“What was what, JC?” Ana sweetly replied. 

“You know exactly what I am talking about. Why do you have to feed them what they want?” JC whispered. 

“I thought I was looking out for my friend since his ex-girlfriend is exactly two rows behind him with a new boytoy on her arm. Excuse me for caring,” Ana snapped before turning her head to talk to Chris who was tapping her shoulder. 

JC’s eyes widen and he discreetly turned his head around. And there, in all her red-haired and green-eyed glory, sat Bobbie next to whom he recognized as Cyclops from the X-men movie. Releasing a huge sigh, JC turned back to the stage and looked down to where Ana’s manicured hand rested on her crossed legs. Briefly closing his eyes, he reached out and took her hand into his. Ana’s head snapped down to where their hands joined before lifting her eyes in question to meet his. 

“Thank you,” JC replied before leaning to kiss her temple. Ana simply smiled and gently squeezed his hand.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback! Feedback!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc