Author's Chapter Notes:
Feedback please!

Atlanta, GA – May 2000

“What time are the buses pulling out, Lance?” asked Joey from the courtside bench. All the guys were scattered around the basketball court tying shoelaces or stretching. They were heading to Orlando for tomorrow night’s performance, so they all decided to stay in the city an extra day to catch a Braves game and some Atlanta nightlife.  

“Dude, I just told you not even twenty minutes ago. You’re such a brain fart. They pull out at 6am,” Lance replied before standing up and grabbing a basketball from the rack that the hotel had provided. 

“Oh shut up! Let’s play!” Joey exclaimed as he joined the guys in the middle of the court. It was without a word that they split into two teams – JC and Chris versus Justin, Joey, and Lance. 

“Did anybody hear that loud ass music on our floor last night? I swear, this is exactly why we should always book an entire floor. Peace and quiet,” Lance commented as he bounced the ball back and forth contemplating his next move. 

“Jace and I heard it. He thought it was me, and I thought it was him. Turned out it was the chick staying across the hall from me,” Justin replied receiving the pass from Lance and making an easy lay-up. 

“Was she hot?” Chris asked. Justin and JC looked at each other before nodding their heads. 

“Smoking,” JC replied and Justin nodded his head showing his approval. 

“Did you get her phone number?” Lance asked. They were all used to playing basketball with one another that they never even called each other’s moves. It was almost like they could read each other’s movements. 

“Oh yeah, we helped her write a song too. Well, JC helped her with the vocals & lyrics. I helped her with the actual music,” Justin replied as JC stole the ball mid-dribble. 

“What the hell? She sings? Who is she?” Joey questioned stopping in the middle of the court and causing Chris to run straight into his back. 

“Dammit, Joey, what is your problem?” Chris grumbled as he rubbed his nose. 

“Sorry. Idiot over there caught me off-guard,” Joey replied pointing at a smiling Justin before giving Chris a shy shrug. 

“Dude, you’ve heard Johnny talk about that new chick he signed onto the team, right? Ana Mora? Well, she’s playing the Arena tonight and she happened to be staying across the hall. She came out to apologize for the noise and before we knew, we’d helped her finish a song,” JC explained as his shot swooshed into the net. 

“And you didn’t call us?!?! What the hell! She’s hot! I’d definitely do her,” Chris exclaimed before grimacing at JC’s slap upside the head. 

“She’s also 19, you pervert!” the guys snorted in response. 

“And, she’s in the room,” a female voice echoes off the court floors. All five guys snapped around in the direction of the voice.

“Whoa, I need to stop that or I’m gonna get murdered by all the teenies for causing you five whiplash!” 

“Hey girl! Watcha doing?” Justin chuckled at her comment before walking towards her. The other four guys followed behind him. 

“I wanted to hit the gym before my day began, but it’s packed, so I thought I’d try the courts. Nice to meet you three, I’m Ana Mora,” Ana replied with a sweet smile and a hand to shake. Slowly, Joey, Lance, and Chris greeted her and introduced themselves. 

“Well, we just started the game and we’re an odd number. If you want, you can join us,” JC spoke up. 

“Sure, but only if you guys don’t mind,” Ana replied as she looked to the other four reassurance. Without missing a beat, they all agreed to have her join them. Placing her duffle bag on a bench, Ana tied her long brown waves up in a ponytail, rolled up her sweatpants, and retied her shoelaces. Getting placed with JC and Joey, the six commenced their game. 

To Ana, it was easy to see that they were going easy and being careful with their game because of her. She’d been watching them play before she’d spoken up, so she knew they could play rough. She wasn’t afraid of physical contact; this was a sport after all. 

“Guys! Can you please stop worrying me being a girl and actually play some damn basketball?” Ana groaned as Chris easily gave up the ball for the fourth time after she rushed to block him. 

“Who’s going easy, squirt?” Justin panted as he wiped the sweat off his face with his t-shirt. 

“If Chris hands me the ball in my hands one more time, I’m going to blow a fuse. Look, I may be a girl, but I can handle a game with you five. So, can we please play some real basketball? Geez, I may need to go find a corner game for some real game,” Ana replied. She was intentionally insulting them; maybe this way they’d want to prove their skills. 

“Oh hell no, I got game, boo! It’s on. You should be careful about getting what you ask for,” Justin retorted pointing a finger at her and taking the ball from her hands. Ana could see the competitive spark in his eyes light up and smirked at her success. 

“Bring it on, Curly!” Ana challenged while redoing her ponytail. The other four guys looked at each other and heaved a heavy sigh. They all knew that Justin could become ruthless on the court when challenged. For some reason though, they feared for his ego moreso than for Ana’s safety. 

“I think she got moves that J ain’t expecting,” Lance murmured to the other four as they watched Ana check Justin and the game resumed. They all spread to take their place as Justin charged down the court with Ana trailing his every move. Before anyone could blink or think twice, Ana swooped around in front of Justin and smoothly stole the ball from his grasp. Turning quickly towards the other end of the court, she dribbled to the three point line and effortlessly swooshed the ball into the net. 

“Nothing but net, baby!” she boasted as she hopped past Justin with a bright smile on her face. The other four guys held their smirks hidden but all high-fived Ana as Justin looked away and grumbled. 

#### 

“Oh man, I am beat!” Chris complained as he fell to the floor in the middle of the basketball court. Lance and Joey soon joined him. 

“Already? Really? Man, aging sucks,” Ana kidded as she jogged to a stop next to them. Looking down at them, she chuckled and wiped her face with her tank. 

“How are you not out of breath? You talk as much as you run around,” Chris grumbled. An hour into the game and they were all talking smack with one another. It was as if they’d all known each other for years, and no insult was off limits. Ana was proving beyond capable of hanging with the boys without looking being trashy. 

“You got jokes, grandpa?” Ana joked and poked Chris in the ribs with her foot continuously. Finally, he got fed up with her and jumped to his feet. Taking off, Ana ran away from him and rounded the court several times. The guys watched on in entertainment as her long legs carried her further and further away from Chris. 

“It’s called youth, gramps!” Ana exclaimed as she ran up behind JC who was talking a swig from his water bottle. Chris rolled to a stop and leaned on his knees trying to catch his breath. 

“You’re a beast, Ana. I’m not messing with you,” Joey commented with a slight chuckle from the floor. 

“You should play in our charity game this summer,” Justin spoke up from the bench. 

“When is it?” Ana’s curiosity was peaked. 

“July, New York City, it’s a weekend filled with a challenge course and the celebrity game,” Lance replied. Ana drank from her water bottle before nodding her head. 

“I’m in New York all July to record. I’m sure that I can make it. I’ll tell Johnny and see if I can make it. I’d love to do it,” Ana smiled before checking her watch. Grimacing, she began to pack her things. 

“It’s time for me to go guys. Thanks for letting me join your game and whooping your ass, Timberlake,” Ana smirked as she slung her duffle bag on her shoulder. The other guys chuckled as Justin glared at her. 

“Just going easy on you, pumpkin. I’d hate to have your people all on me because I made ya cry,” Justin retorted with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. 

“I hope that helps you sleep at night,” Ana replied before kissing each guy on the cheek and turning to walk out the courts. Waving once more from the doorway, she disappeared from view. 

“She’s feisty, J,” Lance commented as the guys began to gather their belongings too. 

“She’s something else, that’s for sure,” Chris replied. 

“We should try to catch her show tonight. I haven’t heard her album, but man, she can sing!” JC suggested as they all piled into the elevator. Upon agreeing, the guys decided to shower before heading out to the early afternoon baseball game and then the concert. 

#### 

Walking onstage in a black strapless jumpsuit with a wide black belt accentuating her petite waist, 19-year-old Ana smiled and took a swig from her water bottle. 

“ATLANTA!!!! What’s up?!?!”Ana adjusted the microphone into the stand as she sat at the piano. Ears rang as the arena was overcome with the crowd’s roar and applause. 

“I’m so happy to be home tonight!! We got some special guests in the house tonight! Some of you might’ve seen them perform last night, but they are here tonight! Everyone, give a round of applause to my new friends, NSYNC!” Ana exclaimed as the spotlights hit the V.I.P area! The guys’ faces were projected on the jumbotrons as the crowd went crazy. Ana cheekily smirked and waved to the guys before turning back to the audience. 

“Ok, I’m gonna pay for that one, but oh well. Are you guys having fun so far?” The audience screamed their response. “Well, I’m gonna let my dancers catch their breath, so I’m gonna slow things down for a couple songs. They love me for this little break,” Ana kidded before chuckling into the mic. The arena stage was completely dark with a single-beamed spotlight focused on the singing sensation. 

“Sometimes we try to be everything to someone, but we end up being a nobody. We gotta live for ourselves, my friends. This song here is a newbie, so bare with me. Some very special friends of mine helped me write this just last night so you guys are the first to hear. I hope you enjoy it. It’s called ‘That I Would Be Good,’ and it’s for all those broken hearts out there. It goes a little like this…” she spoke before the melodious sounds of her fingers dancing across the ivory keys seeped through the house speakers. 

that I would be good even if I did nothing
that I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
that I would be good if I got and stayed sick
that I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

that I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
that I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
that I would be great if I was no longer queen
that I would be grand if I was not all knowing

that I would be loved even when I numb myself
that I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
that I would be loved even when I was fuming
that I would be good even if I was clingy

that I would be good even if I lost sanity
that I would be good
whether with or without you
 

“Damn, she is good!” Joey yelled to the others as they all sat in the VIP area at Philips Arena in Atlanta. 

“Who knew there was more to Jive’s newest sensation?” Chris commented. 

“Could you sound any more like an ass?” Lance replied with a harsh snap. 

“I’m not trying to be an ass. But, her last album doesn’t show her vocals off. She’s really good,” Chris replied. On either side of him, Joey and JC were mesmerized by the singing bird onstage. 

All five stood to applaud her as she ended the song. Bowing her head graciously, Ana smiled at the crowd before tinkering with the keys a bit more. She was nearing the end of her show, and she was happy with the audience’s response. 

“ATL! Let me hear you scream!” Ana exclaimed into the mic as she walked towards the center of the stage. Pausing as the audience cheered, she smiled brightly. The monitors showed her wipe away some sweat from her brow with a small towel. 

“Now, I know the dirrty dirrty south can do better than that! I said: ‘ATL! Let me hear you scream!”

“Let’s see if you guys remember this oldie. Hit it guys!” Ana cued the band and the sweet chords of her first ballad hit the airwaves. 

Yesterday, was not just another day

 Not like before

Yesterday, I saw your smilin' face

Love walked through, my door

One precious moment

Changed my life

One tender kiss

Made everything right

One touch from you

And this world was mine

It was in your arms where I found forever  

 

Cried my first tears of joy, last night

Heaven shined a light

All my dreams came true

My first night with you 

 

I felt the sun

Shine so bright on me

Chased the rain from my heart

Through the storm

Through the darkest night

I found my brightest star

One magic moment

Made one magic night

I fell in love

With one look in your eyes baby

I never knew I could feel so alive

Darling, in your arms

I could feel forever  

 

Cried my first tears of joy, last night

Heaven shined a light

All my dreams came true

My first night with you

 

One precious moment

Changed my life

One tender kiss

Made everything right

One touch from you

And this world was mine

It was in your arms baby

where i found for ever and ever.... 

“Thank you,” Ana words were inaudible as she took a bow and left the stage amid a standing ovation. Rushing off the stage, she was quickly rushed around the backstage to her last mark. Her wardrobe stylist rushed with her as she transformed her pant-jumpsuit ensemble into black cropped shorts, knee-high black boots, and a white 80s-style cropped bustier. Looking around, she spotted her seven dancers in a variety of black and white outfits. The thumping bass and drum for her last song boomed through the arena as the strobe lights blinded the crowd. Running out to the center of the stage, she joined her dancers into the intro dance break before the first verse. 

It's after midnight and shes on you phone (phone)
Sayin'come over cuz shes all alone (lone)
I could tell it was your ex by your tone (tone)
Why is she callin now after so long

Now, what is it that she wants
Tell me what is it that she needs
Did she hear about the brand new benz that you just bought for me
Cuz yall didnt have no kids
Or share no mutual friends
And you told me that she turned trick when yall broke up in 96..
 

“Damn, she can dance, too,” JC elbowed Justin in the side as they watched Ana grind and pop on beat with the heavy R&B beats. She was seriously breaking it down with the poles that she used as a prop. The battle-esque dance number showcased her dance skills very well. 

“Look at that body! Damn, I didn’t know dancing could do the body so good,” Joey hissed as he playfully bit his fist to demonstrate his appreciation for her body. 

“Seriously, Joe, you creep me out,” Justin shuddered causing the guys to chuckle before turning their attention back to Ana onstage. Until today, they’d never seen a 19-year-old with the curves of a woman. Yes, they knew she was attractive and they’d all gotten an eyeful of her body while playing basketball with her earlier today. There was only so much that sweatpants, sportsbra, and tank top could cover up, right? But, seeing her abs, thighs, and arms flex in accordance to her dancing was driving them all crazy. Standing to applaud her almost 2-hour-long show, they all looked at each other – wordlessly expressing that they were all individually impressed. 

“ATLANTA!!!! Thank you! I LOVE YOU! GOODNIGHT!” Ana yelled into her mic while taking a final as her band began to the closing music. 

 

Song Credits:

“That I Would Be Good”—Alanis Morissette

My First Night With You”—Mya

“Case of the Ex”—Mya

Chapter End Notes:

Feedback please!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc