Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm so excited to be featured -- AH! Thank you for all the reviews! Keep them coming

December 23, 2000

Orlando, Florida 

“So, we’re doing a combined dinner tomorrow with all the guys. Were you planning on going to Johnny’s shindig tonight?” JC questioned as he held the phone between his cheek and shoulder. He was walking around his bedroom trying to find clothes to wear to brunch with his family. 

“I wasn’t too sure. Too many Jive people will be there tonight, and I don’t know how that’s going to be,” Ana replied on the other end of the phone. 

“What time do you think you’ll get here?” 

“I’m passing through Valdosta now, so I think it’s about another 3 or 4 hours before I hit town,” Ana replied as she cruised down Interstate 75. She’d flown early into Atlanta yesterday and had decided to spend the day checking up on things at her house. Early this morning, she’d gotten into her SUV with her chocolate Labrador, Tajo. 

“Oh cool, so you should be here around, uh 2. That’s cool. Did you bring Tajo with you?” JC asked as he checked the clock on his nightstand before beginning to get dressed. 

“Yes, I got my baby with me. He was so excited to see me yesterday. He slept with me last night,” Ana cooed as she reached down to scratch between Tajo’s ears. He was peacefully resting his head on her lap as they drove. 

“Great, I’m sure he’ll get along great with Baron,” JC replied referring to his own Akita-Shephred mix dog. 

“What’s the closest hotel to you guys’ house?” Ana asked. 

“Why do you wanna know?” JC paused before slipping his shirt on. 

“So, I can get a room. Duh,” Ana chuckled at the absurdity of his question. 

“Not gonna happen,” JC snorted. 

“Why not?” Ana questioned. 

“Because mom already fixed up a room here with me for you to stay in,” JC said. 

“What?!?! Josh! I can’t stay there with you and your family,” Ana exclaimed causing Tajo to raise his head in question. She soothed her hand back over his head and he lazily returned to his resting position. 

“Why not?” JC asked as he slipped his shoes on. 

“Well, because I’m already a nervous wreck. I don’t need more opportunities to make an ass out of myself,” Ana complained. When nervous, she tended to be a bit of a klutz. 

“There’s nothing for you to worry about, mama. Just relax. You’ve already met my family,” JC rationalized. 

“We weren’t sneaking around Josh!” Ana whined. 

“Then, we’ll tell them and then we won’t have to sneak around. Cool? Cool. I gotta go, so I’ll call you a little later to check in with you. Be safe, honey. Bye,” JC quickly ended the conversation and laughed. He could imagine Ana’s frustration after being hung up on. Shaking his head, he grabbed his wallet and headed downstairs to meet up with his family. 

“Morning mom. Everyone ready?” he questioned kissing her forehead as he walked into the kitchen. He patted his dad’s back in greeting. 

“Morning, Josh. Tyler and Heather are in the living room, so we’re all ready,” Karen replied as she watched JC walk around the kitchen looking for a glass. “Top cabinet, son.” 

“Thanks mom. I swear I need to learn where things are around here. Well, let’s go,” JC said as he drank his glass of water and led them out to the garage. Joining them, his brother and sister all climbed into Tyler’s car and followed JC. 

Once they were all settled inside the restaurant, conversation began to flow around the table. 

“Have you talked to Ana?” Karen asked as she fixed her cup of coffee. 

“Yeah, I called her before we left. She’s on her way down now. She said she should make it around 2 or so,” JC replied as he leaned back in his seat. He had his hand resting on the back of Heather’s chair. 

“I really do wish she wouldn’t have driven down here. I worry about her,” Roy, JC’s dad, commented from his place at the end of the table. 

“I told her, but that’s Ana for you. She likes to travel. She likes to do things her way,” JC agreed with a slight shake of his head. 

“Oh don’t act like she’s wrong. You didn’t have a problem skipping across the pond with her in August. What were you thinking?” Heather huffed from her place beside him. 

“Oh hush, she invited and I accepted,” JC replied with a nonchalant shrug. 

“She also invited you to skydive and you accepted. What’s next? Jump with no parachute?” Karen playfully scolded him. 

“It’s all fun, mom,” JC rolled his eyes in reply. Earning himself a smack on the back of the head, he rubbed at the now tender spot. 

“Hey, I think it’s great that you’re being adventurous. Lord knows, you need to learn to not be so serious all the time,” Karen commented. 

“Be careful mom, don’t go encouraging him. Because that fool will rush in and fall for the poor girl,” Tyler teased. JC snapped his head in Tyler’s direction. 

“Would that be so bad, dude? I ain’t that bad, you know,” JC defended himself. 

“Calm down, bro. Tyler’s just messing with you. Any girl would be lucky to catch you,” Heather rubbed his arm in comfort. She sneaked a glare in Tyler’s direction, and he raised his arms in surrender. 

“Josh, honey, do you like Ana?” Karen curiously asked. She’d seen his reaction, and his actions were telltale of an attraction. 

“Of course, I like her mom. She’s such a great person – incredibly generous, loving, and talented. Tyler’s just being a jerk,” JC replied without looking up at any of his tablemates. Karen went to say something but was interrupted by the waitress returning with their meal. Conversation about Ana died on the spot and more general catching-up conversation ensued. 

#### 

“Come in, honey. It’s so good to see you. How was the drive?” Karen smiled and greeted Ana at the door later that afternoon. 

“The drive was perfect, thank you for asking. It’s so good to see you too,” Ana replied as she stepped through the door and held tightly to Tajo’s leash. Once Karen had shut the door, the two women embraced. 

“You always look beautiful, dear. I don’t know how you do it,” Karen gushed as she pulled away. 

“She’s just beautiful like that, mom,” JC’s voice startled the two from upstairs. Grinning down at them, JC stood at the landing upstairs. Yanking at his leash, Tajo managed to get loose and run upstairs. 

“Tajo!” Ana exclaimed attempting to grab him but he was too quick. 

“It’s ok. Hey there buddy. Aren’t you just a handsome one?” JC cooed as the Lab came to a stop at his feet. Kneeling down, JC scratched between his ears and Tajo happily laid down in response. Ana watched from downstairs as Tajo practically surrendered to the mercy of JC’s caresses. Normally, Tajo didn’t take too well when meeting new men. She guessed JC was the exception – of course he was. 

“Let me show you to your room, and I’ll get Tyler to get your bags,” Karen interrupted her thoughts and pulled her along to a downstairs bedroom. 

“Oh, it’s fine. I can get them myself,” Ana chuckled softly before glancing one last time up at JC. She was met with a blown kiss and a wink. 

“So, are you going to Johnny’s party tonight, dear?” Karen asked as she fixed Ana a snack. Ana had asked for permission to raid the kitchen, and Karen had insisted that she fix her a snack. Knowing from experience that Karen could be very stubborn, Ana chose not to fight her.

“I’m not sure, Karen. I just left Jive a couple months ago, and I just think it’d be weird,” Ana sighed from her place at the counter, where she was cutting up some fruit. 

“I thought Josh told me that you’d parted on good terms,” Karen looked back from the stove. 

“Well, yeah, we did. I fulfilled the contract and everything, but I just feel weird,” Ana shrugged her shoulders. 

“Only artists will be there. No big suits,” JC’s voice interrupted them as he walked up behind Ana. Wrapping an arm around her front, he pulled her back to him and dropped a kiss on the top of her head. 

“Well, there you go, it’s settled. Would you like a quesadilla, Josh?” Karen concluded. JC agreed and took a seat next to Ana. 

“It’s formal, right?” Ana turned her head to look at JC. He was taking a sip of her lemonade so he just nodded.

“Is tomorrow formal?” 

“Not really. We dress up, but it’s not like suit, tie, and ball gowns,” JC replied.

“Why?” 

“Well, I only brought one decently formal dress,” Ana replied before offering him some of her diced fruit. He simply opened his mouth and waited for her to feed him. Her eyes quickly darted to Karen, who’s back was to them. Grabbing a piece of honeydew, she quickly put it to his lips. His tongue flicked out to take the fruit, and grazed her forefinger in the process. 

“Evil,” Ana mouthed with narrowed eyes. JC smiled brightly in reply. 

“I’m sure Heather has something you can borrow, if you need to. What size do you wear?” 

“Are we the same size? I’m anywhere from a size 2 to a size 6. It all depends on the clothes,” Ana replied. 

“Well, if that’s the case, then I think she should have something you can fit,” Karen answered as she turned around with two plates in her hands. Placing a plate in front of each of them, she announced she was going to talk to Heather about clothes. 

“You’re such a tease,” Ana whispered as she began to cut up her quesadilla. 

“Why is that?” JC chuckled softly sneaking a sideways glance at Ana. 

“Because you know how much I like kissing you,” she replied before taking a bite of her food. Leaning over, he pecked her lips quickly. 

“I’m sorry, but I can’t help myself. You know, we could just not care who finds out,” JC replied taking a bite of his food. 

“Is that a good move?” Ana asked. Several times they had discussed this matter, and each time they came to the conclusion that it’d be best to keep it quiet. 

“I don’t see why not. We could just keep it to ourselves. Fans don’t have to know,” he replied. They were quietly discussing this like it was a top secret mission. 

“Would we just make a big announcement?” she questioned pulling her legs up on the stool. 

“Nah, just don’t hide,” he shrugged before reaching a hand out to move back a stray chunk of hair away from her face. Ana looked at him in silence as she contemplated. 

“Alright then,” Ana smiled brightly before leaning over to give him a peck. 

“Now, finish up so we can take the dogs for a walk down to the park,” JC ordered as he stuffed the last piece of food into his mouth. Ana glared at him before placing another piece in her mouth. He knew how much she hated to be rushed when eating. She always had a healthy appetite but she was a slow eater, and he literally inhaled his food. Wrapping up her remaining quesadilla in a napkin, Ana followed JC outside to get their dogs. 

#### 

“Ok, seriously, Heather. I’m gonna pass out in this,” Ana whined as she held her hands at her breasts. Heather was about the same size as Ana, but Ana had hips. Hips that weren’t usually well-catered to in fashion. 

“Stop the dramatics girl. You look beautiful,” Heather chastised Ana as she zipped the sapphire colored sheath dress. Sucking it in as much as she could, Ana felt Heather slide the zipper all the way and clip the hook at the top. Turning to face the mirror, Ana smoothed her hands over the knee-length dress with ruffled rosettes edging the one-shoulder neckline. It had ruching all over. 

“I think your black pumps will work perfect with this,” Heather commented as she walked over to Ana, and motioned for her to zip up her own black party dress. 

“Alright, you want to borrow my red ones?” Ana questioned as she zipped up the dress and the girls stood looking at the mirror together. 

“Hell yeah. Damn, we’re some hot bitches!” Heather exclaimed with a chuckle. Ana handed her the red pumps from her bag and slipped on her own black pumps. 

“Damn, I’m rocking Valentino heels!” Heather exclaimed as she read the label of the shoes. They were beautiful four-inch satin peep-toe heels. 

“They look perfect on you. Merry Christmas,” Ana smiled and Heather understood. She was wearing her Christmas gift. 

“What?!?! Oh my god! Thank you! Ma!” Heather exclaimed before running out the bedroom. 

“What’s her problem? And where did she get those heels?” JC asked walking into the room. Turning to finally face her, he stopped in his tracks. “Wow.” 

“Does it look bad?” Ana questioned. His gaze was intense, and she began to feel a bit uncomfortable. 

“No, not at all. You look stunning,” JC said softly as he walked further into the room. Reaching her, he grabbed her hand and twirled her. Ana blushed slightly and ducked her head. 

“Thank you. You look very handsome yourself,” Ana commented as she fixed his collar. He was in head-to-toe black – black slacks and black button-up shirt. 

“I tried. I was gonna have this amazingly beautiful girl on my arm, and I could not let her down,” he smirked before leaning down and lightly kissing her lips. Grabbing her black clutch from the dresser top, she followed him out to the living room, where they assumed Heather and Tyler were waiting for them. After saying goodbye to the parents, they all piled into Ana’s quicksilver suburban with JC driving towards the WEG compound. 

“Whoo! Hot Mama! Let’s dance!” Justin exclaimed when JC, Ana, Heather, and Tyler approached the table. He grabbed Ana’s hand and handed JC her clutch before pulling her off to the dance floor; he threw a quick wave to the rest. 

“Yes! Let’s dance!” Chris came up and grabbed Heather’s hand pulling her off in the direction Justin and Ana had headed. JC and Tyler just looked at each other and then down at the purses in their hands. 

“What the hell?” Tyler mumbled as they sat down at the table and joined Lance, Joey, Kelly and Meredith (Lance’s date). 

“Where are your dates, boys?” a noticeably pregnant Kelly asked from her place besides Joey. 

“Justin and Chris stole them,” JC replied nonchalantly. He turned his gaze towards the floor and he spotted Ana laughing along with Justin. Nelly’s “Country Grammar” had come on, and they were rapping along with it. 

“From St. Louis to MEMPHIS/From Texas back up to Indiana, Chi-Town/K.C. Motown to Alabama/L-A, New York Yankee niggaz to HOTLANTA/'ouisiana, all my niggaz wit "Country Grammar"/Smokin blunts in Savannah/Blow thirty mill' like I'm Hammer!” Justin and Ana rapped, highlighting their cities. 

I'm goin down down baby, yo' street in a Range Rover (c'mon)
Street sweeper baby, cocked ready to let it go (HOT SHIT!)
Shimmy shimmy cocoa what? Listen to it pound
Light it up and take a puff, pass it to me now

I'm goin down down baby, yo' street in a Range Rover
Street sweeper baby, cocked ready to let it go
Shimmy shimmy cocoa what? Listen to it pound
Light it up and take a puff, pass it to me now
 

They danced and rapped along to the rest of the song, getting joined by Chris and Heather. Together, the four were mayhem. As songs switched, old dance moves were introduced once again. How Ana and Heather had managed to do the running man and the cabbage patch in four-inch heels was a mystery to them. 

“Can we get some food now? I’m starving,” Chris complained as another song came on. They all agreed and headed back to the table to join everyone else. Sitting down next to JC, Ana grabbed his glass of water and took a sip. 

“Having fun?” he asked placing a hand on her knee. She nodded and smiled. 

“Yeah, I’m hungry though. Have you ate? I’m gonna hit up the buffet,” she said before standing up. He stood and followed her to the buffet. After fixing their plates, they headed back to the table. 

“Enjoyed your dance with Justin?” JC leaned over to talk softly to her. The entire table of 12 were all into side conversations. 

“Boy has definitely some moves,” Ana grinned as she dug into her chicken. 

“Eh, he’s alright,” JC kidded with a shrug. Ana chuckled lightly before placing her hand on his thigh beneath the table. 

“I’m sure you have better moves, baby,” she leaned in really close and turning her head slightly her lips brushed lightly against his ear. 

“Tease,” JC gritted past his teeth. Smirking, Ana looked around the table before replying. 

“Coward,” her hand slipped up higher on his leg. JC’s body tensed up as he awaited her next move.  Her hand never moved – frozen in place near the top of his thigh. 

“Want to dance?” JC whispered as ate the last of his meal. Ana nodded her reply and took his offered hand to stand. Following him to the dance floor, he swung her gently into his arms. 

“You’re a very smooth dancer, Mr. Chasez,” Ana spoke softly as she wrapped her arm around his neck. 

“You’re not so bad yourself, Anita,” JC’s voice had dropped several octaves, and it sent chills down Ana’s spine. Ana didn’t recognize the song playing, but it was obvious JC knew the song when he began to sing softly along with it. 

Tell me what kinda man, would treat his woman so cold
Treat you like your nothing, when your worth more than gold
Girl to me your like a diamond, I love the way you shine
A Hundred Million dollar treasure, I'd give the world to make you mine

“I love when you sing to me,” Ana spoke softly with her mouth directly beside JC’s ear. 

“Not as much as I love it when you sing to me, Ms. Mora,” he teased before pulling her in closer. They held each other so close they could feel each other breathe. Readjusting her arm, Ana held him closer to her. Lifting her eyes to scan the crowd around her, she noticed that the guys were all at the table looking right at them. She quickly pulled away enough to be face to face with JC. She went to say something but the look on his face silenced her. His gaze was intently focused on her lips as he continued to softly sing.

I'll put a string of pearls right in your hand
Make love on a beach of jet black sand
Outside in the rain, we can do it all night
I'll touch all the places he would not
And some you never knew would get you hot
Nothing is forbidden, when we touch

“The guys are looking at us,” she commented softly. Her manicured fingernails were gently caressing the back of his head. 

“Oh yeah, what are they looking at?” JC questioned with a raised eyebrow. 

“I’m not too sure. Us dancing, I guess,” Ana replied with a shrug. JC nodded his head in understanding before flickering his eyes to her lips. Quickly licking his own lips, JC swallowed her protest with his kiss.

Baby, I wanna do
All of, the things your man wont do (i'll do them for you)
Baby, I wanna do
All of, the things your man wont do (i'll do them for you)

“Oh my god! Are they kissing?!?!” Chris exclaimed in a stage whisper that could rival all stage whispers. The four guys had been sitting at the table watching the two dance, and discussing how close they seemed lately. 

“They aren’t kissing! They’re eating each other!” Joey exclaimed. Lance slapped him upside the head before returning his attention to the couple in the middle of the dance floor, who seemed to have forgotten a world existed around them.

I'll take you out on a night cruise, on a Yacht......just cant lose
Cause we got alot to look forward to...1,2 whatchu gonna do ?
What good is a Diamond, nobody can see?
I hear he got you on lockdown, but I got the master key
 

“You weren’t kidding when you said we shouldn’t hide, huh?” Ana gasped as she finally pulled away, desperately seeking oxygen. JC smiled mischievously before shaking his head. Still smiling with a look in his eyes that Ana could not identify, he began to sing to her once again. Not thinking it possible, JC managed to pull her closer to him.

I'll light up all the candles all around
Show me to the subway I'll go down
Nothing can be sweeter, than the sound of making love
Baby when I start I just cant stop
I'll love you from the bottom to the top
Nothing is forbidden, when we touch

“What am I feeling, Josh?” she timidly questioned. She could feel something hard against her belly through the thin material of her dress. 

“That’s what you do to me, mama,” he sighed into her ear. The hand wrapped around her waist dropped slightly to come to rest at the top of the curve her bottom created. His head dipped to the curve between her shoulder and neck. Gently, he nipped at her throat all the while continuing to softly sing along.

Baby, I wanna do
All of, the things your man wont do (i'll do them for you)
Baby, I wanna do
All of, the things your man wont do (i'll do them for you)

Her breathing picked up significantly. She’d been denying the things that JC caused her body to feel. She knew she felt something for him in her heart, but she didn’t know if it was love. He was an undeniably sensual and sexual person, and he wasn’t overbearing. He never pushed the topic of sex with her. At this very moment, she did not want to hide from any of the delicious tingles coursing through her veins. She felt a heat rise to her cheeks and a hitch in her heart beat.

I'll light up all the candles all around
Show me to the subway i'll go down
Nothing can be sweeter, than the sound of making love
Baby when I start I just cant stop
I'll love you from the bottom to the top
Nothing is forbidden, when we touch

“Is he touching her ass? Wait, they’re kissing again! He’s touching her!” Lance exclaimed as they all sat dumbfounded at the table. All wanting to rush to JC and Ana and demand answers, but shock rendered their bodies motionless. They all sat there watching, speechless. No one noticed the clenching and unclenching of a pair of fists underneath the table.

Baby, I wanna do
All of, the things your man wont do (i'll do them for you)
Baby, I wanna do
All of, the things your man wont do (i'll do them for you)

“Want to get out of here?” Ana whispered in his ear before lightly tugging at his earlobe. The chills that ran down his spine were indescribable. Not trusting his own voice, JC nodded his head before pulling her lips to his own.

Ooo, I got a Jones in my bones for you
There aint a damn thing that I wont do
I'll make your body cream with my sex machine
I wont stop until i hear your mother scream

“Damn, we have to go. Stay in front of me, mama,” JC groaned and turned to leave the dance floor. Looking around, he could see questioning expressions on many people’s face that had witnessed their make out session. Ana held onto his hand, and pulled him through the crowd and out the door. 

“Where did they go? What the hell?” Lance snapped out of his trance first. Tyler, Heather, Kelly, and Johnny all came running up to the guys (well Kelly moreso waddled). 

“Were JC and Ana kissing?” all four exclaimed simultaneously. The four guys looked at each other then back at the flabbergasted quartet and nodded. 

“When the hell did that happen?” Johnny demanded. 

“We don’t know what’s going on either,” Chris replied. The four plopped down in seats at the table and everyone sighed. Looking around to each other, they all tried to figure out how they had missed this. 

“Shit is gonna hit the fan,” Johnny sighed. 

“That lucky son of a bitch,” Joey grumbled softly causing Kelly to reach other and slap him upside the head.

Chapter End Notes:
Please Review! Review! Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc