Author's Chapter Notes:

Review! Please! Let me know if you guys are liking it so far!

October 2000 

“So, what are you doing?” JC voice flowed through the speakerphone of Ana’s phone that sat on her bed.

“Getting old, you?” Ana kidded as she settled at the foot of her bed. 

“Getting older, smarty pants,” JC chuckled. 

“No, I’m just getting ready for bed. I just got in from the premiere.” 

“Oh yeah, we saw it on ET earlier. Who were you trying to look all hot for, huh?” JC taunted drawing a chuckle from Ana. 

“Well, I knew you’d be watching, so I was making sure you knew what you were missing out on,” she flirted in return. JC chuckled on his end.

“Oh, on the carpet, I did some interview, and I was practically harassed about my age again,” Ana sighed as she continued to brush her hair before braiding it. 

“Oh man, really? What did Denzel say?” JC sighed as well. Ana had gone to the premier as Denzel’s date since his wife had been unable to make it. Recently, the media had begun to make an issue of the fact that Ana shot racy scenes for the movie while being 18 years old. 

“Oh, he was such a trooper. At first, the lady was asking me, but he totally swept in and saved the day. His words, I swear: ‘If anyone was to meet this young lady, they’d know that she respects herself very much so. It was a job, which she did fabulously if I do say so myself. It doesn’t matter if Ana was 18, 25, or 30, she knew that she had every right to stop production if she felt uncomfortable. Now, if you don’t mind, let’s go back to actually talking about the film.’ Josh, I was like a deer caught in headlights,” Ana groaned as she flung herself back onto her hotel bed. She was in LA, again, and tomorrow she was off to New Mexico to shoot her video. In the past month, she could swear that she’d spent more time in the air than on solid ground – flying from one place to the other. 

“Well, I don’t blame you honey. But, I’m sure it wasn’t all that bad. The man has spoken, so I doubt it’ll come up again. Where are you off to tomorrow?” JC asked. On his end, he, too, was sprawled on his bed in Orlando. The guys were doing rehearsals for the 2nd leg of the No Strings Attached tour. 

“I fly out to Albuquerque in the morning for video shoot and photo shoot. How are things on your end?” Ana asked as she dragged her body up towards the headboard and under the covers. 

“We finished filming the video, so we’re back in Orlando rehearsing. Are you coming out for opening night?” JC asked. They’d talked about her coming out to Charlotte to see their first show before she flew out for her promotional tour. She wouldn’t be back in the country until Thanksgiving, so she really wanted to stop by and spend some time with him. 

“Yeah, the show’s on the 17th, right?” she asked through her yawn. 

“Yeah, Chris doesn’t know this but we’re throwing him a surprise party for his birthday the night before. So, if you could make it on the 16th that would be perfect. If not, you could surprise him onstage on the 17th,” JC nonchalantly commented. He’d volunteered himself with the guys to get her to come to the show. The four of them were planning a joint birthday party for Chris and Ana, although Chris assumed it was only for her. 

“Well, how can I say no to an offer like that? Give me a second. Let me check my schedule. Hold on,” Ana replied before leaning over the side of the bed and grabbing her schedule binder from her backpack on the floor. Her binder kept her sane; despite having Lacy there with her to keep her organized, Ana liked knowing she had her schedule on hand. Flipping to the following week, Ana checked her availability. 

“Umm, I’m flying in from Mexico City that afternoon to Atlanta. But, I can always change the flight. I’ll just fly in directly to Charlotte,” Ana commented before making a note on her schedule to inform Lacy. 

“Are you sure you? It’s cool if you want to stop by home first. I’m sure he’ll understand,” JC soothed. 

“I’ll be fine. Plus, this means I’ll see you for longer. Maybe you can join me for my birthday lunch,” Ana smiled when she heard JC chuckle slightly. 

“You know, I kinda like you asking me out,” he kidded. Ana chuckled in response before clicking her tongue. 

“What can I say? I’m a modern-kind-of-girl,” she smirked. JC laughed loudly on the other end, and her smile grew. 

“Ah yes, I’ve never dated that kind before. I apologize for my inexperience.” 

“I’m sure you’re more experienced that I am. If anyone needs to apologize for inexperience, it’s me. So, in advance, I’m sorry,” Ana teased. 

“Oh please, you’re no green creature. Can I ask you a question?” JC asked. 

“1,” came her reply. She didn’t need to hear the question to know what he wanted to ask. 

“Just one? How long ago?” 

“Dated for 3 years until last November. How do you think ‘Case of the Ex’ came about?” 

“Wow, a 3 year relationship under the belt. Impressive. Did you love him?” 

“I thought I did, but it was more infatuation and a false sense of security. I might’ve been naïve, but I respect myself too much to hang around that. Cheating doesn’t fly well with me.” 

“So, that’s why you were so understanding about Bobbie and I, huh? You understood my issue with conformity.” 

“Of course, the hardest thing is not seeing reality, but it’s accepting it and letting go of the person. Fortunately, my pride was the only thing on the line. My dignity, heart, soul, and body were all mine. And I wasn’t willing to compromise any of those things.” 

“So, you’ve never … like … you know,” JC stuttered his next statement. Ana’s laughter on the other end put him a bit at ease. 

“You can ask. I’m pretty open with family and friends. I’m reserved in public, but I don’t hold back my tongue in private. You remember what I told Steven at the club. I’ve done pretty much anything you can think of, but I’ve never had sex. I know that my music and my performance suggest that I’m knowledgeable about it, but I’m not. I’m not ignorant either, but I’m not an expert. Does that bother you?” 

“Not in the slightest bit. But, I will be honest. It does change the playing field. I don’t think I need to explain this to you, but I’ve had sex. I won’t go into detail of numbers or individuals because I really doubt you want to know that. But, if you do, I’ll be honest. I don’t have sex just to have sex, and I do put serious thought into it before taking that next step. But, if and when we get there, I just want you to know that it would be after some serious consideration and serious commitment.” 

“Well, thank you. I appreciate that, and I wouldn’t expect anything less of you. Can I ask for one thing however?” 

“Anything.” 

“Only because I’m a virgin doesn’t mean you have to walk on eggshells around me. I’m not naïve. Sometimes I don’t think of what a tease I can be, and I don’t want to lead you on. So, please tell me.”

“Is that what he told you? Was that his reason for cheating? You teased him but wouldn’t put out?” JC asked with a slight edge to his voice. He’d tensed up as he heard her almost plead him. 

“No, not exactly, but I mean…” 

“No, there is no ‘but’. Listen to me, Ana. I want you to be yourself with me. Look, you’re incredibly beautiful and you are mind-boggling sexy. If I, as a man, cannot control myself and respect you, then I don’t deserve you. If it ever becomes too much for me, then I will let you know and I will step away to cool off. But, on my behalf, do not restrain who you are. Do you understand?” JC’s stern voice filled her ear. Biting her lip, she nodded her head before realizing that he couldn’t see her. 

“Yeah, I understand.” 

“Now, tell me about this video. Will there be any guys? Should I be worried?” JC joked trying to lighten the mood. Ana giggled before answering. 

“No, no love interest. But, plenty of male dancers. You know, like Chippendales,” Ana replied before hearing JC groan. She relaxed deeper into the mattress as the playful banter continued between them. 

#### 

October 15, 2000 

The guys’ tour began in two days, and Wade had given them the day off. Tomorrow, they would be running through the show all day, so he figured they could use the rest. 

“What’s everyone gonna do?” Wade asked after he delivered the news to the guys early that morning. 

“Sleep,” came Joey’s reply followed by a yawn. 

“Check in at the office,” came Lance’s distracted reply. 

“Golf,” came Justin and Chris’s simultaneously reply. They all turned to look at JC waiting for his reply, but he was in deep thought. He had a pensive and faraway look on his face. 

“Wait, when do we have to be back tomorrow?” he asked as he snapped his head around to look at the guys. 

“I think 10am, why?” Wade replied as he checked his mental schedule. 

“No reason. I gotta jet. I’ll see you fools tomorrow. Don’t call me, I’m not answering,” JC’s cryptic smile confused the guys as they watched him pick up his duffle and run out the rehearsal studio. They watched through the windows as he ran out to their rental, cell phone in hand, and sped out. 

“What was that all about?” Wade jabbed a thumb in JC’s direction. 

“He’s finally lost it?” Lance offered. The guys all looked at each other before shrugging and splitting off. 

#### 

Mexico City, Mexico 

“Hotel Four Season, por favor,” JC tried his hand at Spanish as he spoke to the cabdriver. The cabbie nodded his head before merging into traffic outside the Benito Juarez International Airport. 

Sitting back, JC smiled as he thought of the look of surprise that he was sure to see on Ana’s face when he showed up at her hotel room door. He knew that she was doing promotion right now, but they were all interviews in her hotel. He hadn’t told anyone where he was going, and he planned on keeping his whereabouts secret. 

After about thirty minutes, the taxi pulled up to the front of the hotel and JC paid the fare before stepping out with his carry-on. Pulling his shades down, he looked at the grandeur of the building before him. Sprawling and lush gardens decorated the front. Walking down the path, JC circled the water fountain before continuing down the cobblestone path to the front doors. Nodding his head at the bellboy, JC stepped into the hotel and searched for the elevators. 

Catching an elevator before the doors closed, JC rode up to the eighth floor. So, he’d been nosy the last time he’d talked to Ana, and he remembered her talking about the view from her suite on the eighth floor. Stepping out the elevator, JC wondered how he’d figure out her room number. But, that was quickly forgotten when he spotted Wolf down the hall monitoring a doorway.

“JC? What are you doing here man?” Wolf question as JC got closer to him. They shared a handshake and a half hug. 

“Man, it’s her birthday. Did you think I would miss it? Is she busy?” JC questioned signaling towards her room. Wolf was one of two people that knew about Ana and JC’s relationship. The only other person that knew was Randy, JC’s bodyguard. 

“She’s in there doing some Spanish magazine interviews, but you can go on in man. Here, let me let you in,” Wolf said before using his keycard to open the door. JC thanked him before stepping into the suite. He remained as quiet as possible as he sat his bag inside the small closet by the door. He could see a row of cameras and lighting surrounding the reporter and Ana. 

She looked gorgeous to him in her casual, yet classy outfit. He could never explain how she managed to be so elegant even in sweats. But, today, she wore a white with blue stripes three-quarter-length sleeve top that left her shoulders exposed, white jeans, and tan peep-toe flats. Her brunette hair was perfectly straightened and styled to frame her face, but her bangs were held back by a simple bobby pin. 

JC watched from her laugh and joke with the reporter from the shadows. He assumed that she had been asked to sing a snippet of a song because her voice soon filled his ears. Watching the reporter wrap up the interview, JC approached the setup. He stood there until he was able to catch Ana’s gaze. 

“Josh! What are you doing here?” she exclaimed as she hopped from her seat and jumped over some cables. JC caught her hand and pulled her into a hug as she rounded in front of him. 

“Happy Birthday babygirl,” he whispered so only she could hear him. She pulled away and smiled brightly. 

“Oh, I wish I could kiss you right now,” she whined and he laughed at her. The reporter came over and introduced herself to JC as Estela, the magazine reporter. 

Mucho gusto. Yo soy Joshua,” he answered as he shook her hand. 

“Eres del grupo *NSYNC, verdad?” she asked with no hesitation. Ana could not believe the audacity of this reporter. 

“Estela, creo que la entrevista ha terminado,” Ana warned her that the interview was over. Estela agreed and stated that it was out of pure curiosity. 

Si, soy de *NSYNC. Es su cumpleaños y es una sorpresa," JC’s grammar was off, but he got his point across. Estela stated she understood and told him it was a pleasure meeting him. She proceeded to tell him that she hoped the group would interview with her magazine the next time they were in town. With Ana’s help, JC replied and soon they were left alone as Estela and her crew exited the hotel room. 

“Now, what are you doing here? I thought you were in rehearsals,” Ana questioned once again as she took a cleaning cloth and began to wipe the makeup off her face. 

“Wade told us this morning that we had the day off until tomorrow at 10, so I ran out the studio. Packed an overnight bag, and hopped on a plane,” JC replied. Taking a seat on her couch, he watched her wiped her face completely clear. To him, she looked so much better clear-faced. She smiled at him as she walked over to him. Leaning over him, she kissed him softly before standing up straight. 

“Mmm, I’ve been wanting that for a while now,” she grinned before taking a seat beside him. 

“Me too, but I don’t think that was enough,” JC smirked before pulling him closer to him and drawing her lips to his. Ana giggled against his lips before giving in to his kisses. Pulling her legs up onto his lap, she wrapped an arm around his neck. Finally pulling away, he patted her leg as he rubbed her thigh. She kept her arm around his neck and ran her fingertips through his hair. 

“Are you done here for the day?” he asked as he drew figures on her thighs. 

“Yeah, I have a talk show in the morning and then I fly out. Why?” she replied looking at him. 

“Well, I wondered if you would join me for dinner tonight in celebration of your birthday,” JC commented sneaking a glance at her. Ana’s smile grew before she agreed and they began to discuss places to go. Since JC didn’t know the city, Ana suggested that instead of going to a restaurant, they go try authentic Mexican food sold. 

#### 

“Anita, honey, we need to get going,” JC called from the sitting area towards the bathroom. 

“Want to go dancing afterwards?” Ana replied as she walked out fastening her earrings. 

“Yeah, that sounds good. Will you be comfortable in those shoes all night?” JC motioned towards her navy satin stilettos. Ana nodded, grabbed her purse, and followed JC out of the hotel room. She looped her arm through his as they walked out the lobby with their heads bowed so as to avoid their faces to show in pictures. Climbing into a cab, Ana instructed the driver to the heart of Mexico City’s Historical Center. 

“Let me warn you. You’re about to feed me my favorites, so if I start looking like a pig, look away,” Ana joked as they walked down cobblestone streets. 

“Wow, this is amazing. You know, usually you only see the ‘typical’ Mexican town on television, and I always assumed that they didn’t exist. But, this, this is pure colonial architecture,” JC was in awe as they walked along the historic center. 

“I love it here. The culture, the history, and the way of life here is amazing. My dad is from a really small town in rural Guanajuato, which is a state northwest of here. Everyone still lives off the land, electricity is recent commodity, you know, stuff like that. It’s such an untouch culture. Maybe I’ll take you one day,” Ana smiled before tugging into a small fonda. 

“Have you ever lived here?” JC asked as they sat waiting for their food. 

“Not really. Dad would bring us to visit every year for summer vacation, so the longest I’ve stayed here was two months. We have a house that he built in Las Estacas, which is the town he’s from. That’s where we used to go,” Ana replied. A plate of steaming chilaquiles and enchilada was placed in front of JC. Ana had explained the menu to JC and let him make his own choice.

“This looks delicious,” JC commented as he readied his fork to dig in. 

“It is delicious. You’re going to love it,” Ana replied as she looked at her choice, a huarache. She watched JC fix a huge bite onto his fork, and she stifled her chuckle. 

“It’s really hot, Josh,” she warned but he disregarded her. Shoving the fork into his mouth, JC happily chewed. It was straight from a comedy; JC’s face began to go red and he began to fan his hand over his mouth. Ana chuckled before handing him a glass of water. 

“I warned you it was spicy, baby,” she chuckled. She got up and ordered a glass of milk from the counter. Bringing it back to the table, she instructed JC to drink it. 

“Man! Whoo! That was incredible!” he choked in between coughs. Ana continued to laugh at his expense, and soon he had joined in. 

“You’re adorable,” she smiled before leaning over the small table and kissing his lips gently. A slight blush covered his cheeks once she sat back. 

“You can show me around some more, and then we can hit a club. Deal?” JC asked as they finished eating. Ana nodded, and they stood to head out. She posed for a couple of photos with the owners before they stepped outside. 

#### 

October 16, 2000 

“PAR-TAY!” Justin’s voice bellowed as he burst through the doors of the arena lounge. The guys were in Charlotte, North Carolina. 

“Hush! Ana is just down the hall!” Chris jumped to his feet in an effort to quiet Justin. The other guys hid their smirks as they watched Justin act ashamed. He grabbed an apple from the catering table before taking a seat at their table. 

“Sorry, dude, I forgot she was around. Is everything set for tonight?” Justin spoke with a mouthful of half-chewed apple. 

“Yeah, I told her I’d escort her to our ‘ritual’ pre-tour dinner. Her face is gonna be priceless. I bet she thinks we forgot about her birthday,” Chris smirked and evilly rubbed his hands together.

The guys cocked an eyebrow at his odd behavior. 

“What? I’m excited,” Chris shrugged before standing up and leaving the room. The other guys just looked at each other and laughed. 

#### 

“Christopher! If you don’t hurry, we’re gonna be late!” Ana’s frustration was evident in her voice. She was sitting on Chris’s hotel bed waiting for him to finish getting ready. The plan was to be late, and have the other guys leave ahead of them. But, not this late. 

“I’m trying to hurry. A more minute, I swear!” Chris’s reply came from the bathroom. Ana sighed and rested her elbow on her crossed legs. She glanced up as Chris came out the bathroom dressed in dark wash faded jeans, a black graphic t-shirt, and black riding boots. He was pulling on a black leather jacket as he approached Ana. 

“You realize all we need is shades and our Harleys to complete our Hell’s Angels getup, right?” Ana chuckled as she stood. Chris looked at her outfit before chuckling and heading to the door. Ana followed him in her black jeans, black bustier top with purple polka dots, and black peep-toe pumps. 

“We’ll just have to walk in there like Libra Rockstars, then,” Chris commented as they walked down the short flight of stairs down to the lobby. The guys had rented out one of the ballrooms in the hotel for convenience and media control. They liked to keep their tour gatherings as private as possible in hopes of protecting all tour employees. 

Crossing lobby now. 

Ana texted JC as they exited the stairwell. 

Be there in T minus 1 min. 

Chris texted Justin as well. Sneaking a glance at Ana, Chris couldn’t help but smirk. He could almost bet that she’d assumed that they’d forgotten her birthday. Oh, this was going to be great. 

“After you, Mr. Tour Man,” Ana stated as they reached the ballroom doors. Chris paused beside her. 

“Oh no, ladies first, it’s the gentleman thing to do,” Chris replied as he made a motion signaling her to go first. 

“You’re not from the South, Chris. There are no gentlemen in Pittsburg, so do me a favor and go in,” Ana retorted with a roll of her eyes. Normally, she wouldn’t have to worry about Chris bum-rushing into any setting. Chris cocked an eyebrow at her before thinking of a way to get her to go inside first. 

“How about we go in together? I’ll open this door and you’ll open that door. Deal?” Chris suggested eyeing the double doors. Ana looked at him skeptically before nodding in agreement.

“Ready? 1…2…3…” 

“SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they both excitedly yelled at each other. Realizing that they were both ‘surprising’ each other, they turned to look at the large crowd staring at them. The banner above the crowd read: 

Happy Birthday Gramps & Youngin’! 

Looking at each other before turning to look at the crowd, they both doubled over in a fit of giggles. The crowd laughed along with them before moving forward to hug the birthday boy/birthday girl. 

“I can’t believe you guys tricked me!” Ana playfully smack the other four guys as she hugged each. They all walked to get food from the buffet tables before sitting down. After everyone ate, the dance floor opened up and everyone scattered like cockroaches to find a dance partner or to get a drink from the bar. 

“Thank you,” Ana’s lips brushed his ear as she walked up behind him at the bar. She felt him shudder slightly at the contact. Turning around, he reached out to hug her. 

“My pleasure, honey. You look incredible,” he replied with such sincerity that it gave Ana chills. Pulling away, he eyed her outfit before moving his gaze upward to her smokey eye makeup that made the gold in her eyes pop, nude lips, and bouncy curls. Reaching up to touch her hair, he was pleased to find it silky and smooth. “I’ve never seen your hair like this. I like it.”

“It’s a hassle to maintain it like this, but I didn’t feel like dealing with straightening it,” Ana shrugged as she ran a hand through her hair. When straightened, her hair reached her lower back. But in its natural curly state, it framed her face and bounced to about a shoulder length. 

“Well, I love it. You look incredibly sexy, and I don’t feel so bad about saying that,” JC smirked as he wrapped an arm around her waist. Sneaking a quick glance around the ballroom, she realized that no one was paying attention to them. 

“I must say, I don’t feel so bad about feeling sexy with you. Now, come on, grant me the first dance of the night,” with a wink she walked away and pulled him into the crowd to reach the makeshift dance floor in the center of the room. They stood there for about a second as one song ended and faded into another one. Recognizing the opening chords, Ana smirked as she motioned JC to shed his leather jacket and tossed it off to the side. 

Love and happiness...
something that can make you do wrong, make you do right...
Love...
 

“What does a Northerner, like you, know about soul music, Mr. Chasez?” Ana smirked as she stood in front of him swaying slightly to the music. She ran her eyes from his brown shoes to his faded jeans and charcoal sweater. Damn, he looked good. 

“You’d be surprised how much I know, Ms. Mora,” JC smirked. 

Love and happiness
Wait a minute...
 

“Learn me,” Ana taunted spreading her arms in a challenging manner. Grabbing her hand, he pulled her body flush as his. Wrapping an arm tightly around her slender waist, JC held her other hand in his and began to sway their bodies to the smooth jam. 

something's going wrong
someone's on the phone
three o'clock in the morning
talkin'
about how she can make it right
well, happiness is when you really feel good about somebody
nothing wrong with being in one with someone
 

Caressing the back of his neck with her free hand, Ana stood eye-to-eye with JC. Her four-inch heels were definitely to thank for this feat. He held her so close; no breeze could slip between their bodies. One of Ana’s legs rested between JC’s legs and vice versa. Forehead to forehead, they never broke their gaze.

oh, baby, love and happiness
love and happiness...
love and happiness...

“Are you serenading me, Josh?” Ana teased softly as she twirled back into his arms after he’d spun her. Not bothering to reply, JC smiled before continuing to softly sing along with the track.

Love and happiness
You be good to me
I'll be good to you
we'll be together
we'll see each other
walk away with victory

Knowing no one was looking at them, JC bent his head down slightly and brushed his lips against the corner of her lips. Ana looked up at him in surprise. 

“It’s your party. We’ll blame it on the alcohol if anyone asks,” he replied before pulling her back against him. 

“Thank you for yesterday and for today. I really do appreciate it,” Ana said so only he could hear her. He’d flown out around 4:30 this morning and made it to rehearsals about ten minutes late. The guys had all questioned him on his whereabouts, but he had diverted the conversation by stating their need to rehearse. 

“I couldn’t miss your big 2-0!” Ana smacked him as they continued to dance. As the night wore on, Ana was “passed” around as a dance partner. She managed to dance with all the guys, band members, and even crew members. Yes, she was tired and her shoes were not meant to be used for dancing, but she was having a blast. All night, JC and her would sneak away for alone time or steal kisses from each other when they knew for sure that no one was looking. The thrill of sneaking around made it so much fun. 

“Night Ana!” came as a chorus down the hall as everyone retired to their rooms. She waved to everyone before unlocking her door. Before she could step inside and close the door, she was grabbed around the waist. 

“AH!” 

“Hush, I’m just saying goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow. Lunch, maybe?” JC whispered as he pulled her slightly into her hotel room. He held her against the wall as his foot kept the door from closing. 

“Yeah, I’ll stop by with lunch. Have a goodnight,” Ana replied as she held onto his biceps. Kissing her slowly, JC let her go and disappeared out the door before Ana could react. 

“Happy birthday to me,” Ana giggled as she walked turned on the lights.

 

Song Credit: 

“Love & Happiness” – Al Green

Chapter End Notes:
Review! Review! Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc