I look up at her.  She has her arms crossed and is scowling at me.  At this point I can’t tell if she’s being genuine about wanting to make me feel better, or if she’s just fucking crazy.  I don’t trust her.  Before I was really trying to. I was trying to use her to my advantage, but hearing her say all that shit to me about the ransom before made me a little more aware of who she truly is, a fucking criminal.  I need to distance myself, be mute from now on when she’s around, even if she’s by herself.  I mean, who knows what she’ll tell Charlie when they’re alone.  She could tell him that I was trying to be her friend, laughing about it the entire time, and then he’ll get really pissed and kick my ass.  I can’t play around, no...not when my life is on the line.  “I don’t,” I tell her, seriously.  “I want to get the hell out of here, and get back to my life.”

“Well with that attitude, I don’t know if you will,” she tells me, certainly.  She goes over to her purse, which had been lying in the corner, and digs through it for awhile before she produces a bottle full of little white pills.  “All I’m trying to do is make you feel better about this.  I never wanted to put you here, or chain you up or anything.  But my life is on the line too, you know.  If we dont succeed with this, we’re all going to be dead anyway.”  She unscrews the cap and pours a couple of pills into her hand.  “You might as well cheer up and make the best of things, because they aren’t getting any easier from here on out.”

I don’t get it, but I refuse to ask questions.  I distinctly remember her saying something about asking for what they owe.  I’m assuming there is some kind of debt involved here, which is more than likely the reason they felt the need to kidnap somebody.  My guess is, they didn’t have it out for me specifically.  They just went to that club to find somebody rich and powerful to lure into their trap.  Too bad it was Trace’s birthday.  Too bad they chose to go to his favorite club.

Too bad I was too fucking attracted to Miss Thang over there to wake up and realize I was being put at risk.  It must have been like the Pied fucking Piper, me following her out onto the dance floor and out the door of that club.  It was so fast, and I know I never had a fucking chance once she slipped me those pills.

I am never going to another night club after this, ever.

“Come on.”  She’s kneeling before me now, dropping the pills into a water bottle, and I watch them dissolve before my eyes.  “Drink it up,” she orders me, holding the bottle right up to my lips.

I glare at her.  “Fuck off.”

It’s the first time she’s pulled out her gun since I tried to run, and even then I hadn’t let it sink in because she had it pressed to my back where I couldn’t see.  This time she’s holding it to my head, her hand shaking just slightly under all the pressure.  “You have to drink it, Justin,” she tells me.  “If he comes back to check on you, and you’re not out cold, you know he’ll do something bad.”

“I can fake it,” I tell her with pleading eyes.  “I’ll just pretend to be asleep.”

She shakes her head.  “He’d know I didn’t do it.  He has a thing where he can tell if I’m lying or not.”  She presses the bottle harder to my lips.  “Just do it, okay?  By the time I get back, you should just be waking up,” she reassures me.  “You need to relax after...all this anyway.”

I don’t want to do it.  I hate that I’m being forced by her, yet again, into something I don’t want to do.  But the gun is still there, and I can hear it clicking a little bit.  I have no idea if she’d be capable of shooting me, but I don’t want to find out, so I open my mouth and let her pour the liquid down my throat.  The drugs are tasteless, and the water soothes my dry throat.  Immediately the gun is drawn away from my head, and I’m thankful for that.

“See, that wasn’t horrible.”  She smiles a little and caresses my cheek with her hand.  “Now just lay down, and soon you’ll be able to fall asleep.”

Fucking creepy bitch.  I fight the woozy feeling as hard as I can.  It’s taking it’s effect on me much faster than before, but I think it’s because I had food in my system the last time around.  My eyelids droop after the first five minutes, and I shake my head, trying to keep myself awake.  “Bitch,” I mutter, sleepily.  “Fucking hate you.”

“I deserve that,” she tells me, grabbing her bag off the floor and heading towards the door.  “But, I am on your side.”

“Hmm.”  I collapse onto the mattress now, my entire body numb and unable to move just like before.  “Get Trace,” I whisper.  “He’ll know what to do.”

Then everything goes dark...again.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love celebrityj breakupj justin