Something is happening.

I know because I keep hearing footsteps rushing back and forth outside our little locked room.  

I keep wondering if Trevor will come and fill us both in about what’s happening.

But then I remember I’m not supposed to know who he really is.

I feel like a fucking idiot for not realizing that we’ve had a cop in our midst for all this time.  Granted, Trevor (if that’s even his name) plays the part really well.  I mean, he’s done shit for Adrian...serious shit, that I doubt a cop would be okay with.  But maybe I need to consider that I got this information from Justin for a minute before I let myself believe it.  He’s fucking delirious right now.  Charlie kicked his ass, and I have no idea how much damage he inflicted because I was locked away for the majority of that time.  Justin could have been hearing things...seeing things.  I should probably give Trevor the benefit of the doubt.  I’m sure if he really was a cop, he would have figured a way to get Justin out of this by now.

God, I think I’m just praying that it’s not true...because if it is, I’m dead in the water.  He’s an eyewitness to everything that’s gone on since we brought Justin into this house. Fuck, I’ll get the chair...or lethal injection.  I wonder if they let you choose which way you want to go want when you’re on death row?  No...I doubt that.  Different states have different laws.  I know Texas uses the chair...but we’re not in Texas.

Lethal injection it is.  Hell, at least it’ll be quick.

Maybe I’ll save myself the trouble of waiting and wondering though...just kill myself once everything is said and done.

Especially if Justin doesn’t survive.

But if it is true, if Trevor really is a cop, maybe he’ll side with me.  He’ll see that I was trying to help Justin, not harm him.  Maybe I’ll just get off with an insanity plea.  I’ll tell them I was brainwashed.  Hey, it works on Law and Order.  Love that show too.  I try to watch it whenever I’m not doing other things...

Like holding someone hostage.

Fuck, Sam. Focus on what you have to do.


Justin cried until he seemed to lose the very last ounce of his strength, and then proceeded to pass out in my arms.  I’ve been sitting like this ever since then, against the wall, his head resting against my chest.  The warmth of his body has been helping the overwhelming feeling of my cocaine craving to subside slightly, so I guess it’s a good thing he’s here after all.  I keep wondering what made them put Justin in here with me.  I’m sure Charlie was against it, so Adrian must have given the order.  Maybe he considers us both hostages now, so its easier to watch us this way.  Hell, I don’t know what the crazy fuck thinks is good or bad.

All I really know, is that we have to get out of this.

I’ve regained enough sanity to formulate a small plan while Justin has been asleep.  I know it’s risky, but I think it’s the only logical thing to do at this point.  I’m going to have to play nice to Charlie, make him think without a doubt that he’s the only person I need in my life, and that I love him.  It may or may not put Justin at more risk with us being separated again, but I know that if one of us is on the outside...free to roam and do whatever they want to, we have more of a chance of surviving this together.

If Justin ever wakes up, I’ll run my idea by him too.

I didn’t have the heart to tell him how bad he looks or how weak he sounds.  The last thing he needs right now is to be brought down even more.  It scared me though...when I was able to realize how much he’s deteriorated since we took him from that night club.  The bruises on his face and arms have turned a sickening purplish yellow color, and some of the cuts and scrapes he has seem to be on the verge of infection.  Not that I’m a doctor, but I think anyone could tell what looks really bad and what doesn’t.  It proves to me that Charlie unleashed every ounce of his fury on him, and I feel terrible about it.  I should have been prepared, talked things out with Justin, taken a day and figured out that there was a code and that I would need a gun.  I was just so desperate to help him though, that I couldn’t think straight.  I figured he believed in me so I must have been up to the challenge.  I underestimated Adrian and the way he could control his property, and his investment in Justin.  I was so stupid.  So stupid and it nearly got him killed.  No matter what happens now, I know I’ll never be able to forgive myself for that incident, and I doubt that Justin will be able to rid his memory of it.  I know he acts like it doesn’t matter right now, but if he survives...goes home, he’ll be able to think a lot more clearly and remember just how stupid I was.

I wonder if he’d get up on TV and make a speech about evil Samantha and her psychotic boyfriend.

If I was him, I definitely would.

“Shel.”

I look down at him.  He’s still out cold, but clinging to me as if he never wants to let me go. I’m sure he’s dreaming, or just delirious from the concussion I’m sure he’s developed by now. “Justin,” I whisper.

“I’m sorry,” he murmurs after several minutes, eyes still closed, grasping my arm tightly in his hand as he says the words to me.  “Shel...”

“I’m here.”  I”m stupid for playing along with him.  Really stupid.  I mean, that’s his ex...or whatever.  I wonder what she’s like, if she still loves him as much as he still loves her.  She’s a lucky girl.  But I bet she’s too rich, spoiled, and stuck up to give a fuck.  It’s why he’s single.  It’s why he was ready to dance and make out with me the night he was taken.

Hell, this thing could all be based solely on her stupidity.

But then again...I don’t know the circumstances of their relationship to make that kind of assumption.

His eyes flutter open moments later, and he looks up into my eyes, searching them for something I’m sure he was dreaming about. They’re empty, almost dead looking, making him look even more pathetic and lost than before.  “I was dreaming, wasn’t I?” he asks me.

I just nod, and proceed to bite my fingernails.

“Did I miss anything?” He pushes himself off of me so he can lean against the wall.  

“No,” I murmur.  “If they came in here and saw us like that, one of us would have gotten a beating for sure.”

He sighs.  “I don’t think this is going to work out.” He rubs his face with his hands.  “I feel so sick right now, but I just...I don’t have anything to get out of my system...”

“Listen, I thought of something,” I say immediately, hoping it will deter him from thinking about the inevitable.

He perks up slightly.  “Besides tunneling through the floor?”

I sigh.  I can’t lie, he really scared me before when he was trying to do that.  It was like he’d lost it, but now...he’s not acting like that so much.  Maybe he just needed to cry, get all of that out of his system, and sleep for awhile.  I mean, maybe it’s good that I was here to help him through all that.  It’s good that he was here for me too.  If I continued to go on without some kind of stimulation I probably would have started to bang my head against the wall like some crazy drug addict you’d see on the street.  “Are you gonna be okay?” I question, putting my plan off to the side for the moment.  “You were seriously scaring me before.”

He shrugs.  “I don’t know.  I feel..I don’t know how I feel.  My head is spinning. I feel like...I feel like I’m just going to be a prisoner here and die, you know?  I’m getting used to it here or something, as crazy as that is.  I mean, the only reason they put me in here was because I begged Adrian.  I feel safer around you, Sam.  If I was alone before I don’t know what I would have done.”

I stare at him for a good long while before I’m able to accept what he’s just told me.  Justin wanted to be with me, practically putting his life on the line by asking Adrian to grant his request.  “What the fuck, Justin?”

He cocks his head to the side.  

“You could have gotten yourself killed.”

“It doesn’t matter,” he whispers.  “Adrian told Charlie I’ll be dead in a couple of days anyway.”

My eyes widen a little.  “He said that?”

Justin nods, but doesn’t lose his composure.  I guess he just doesn’t have the energy to do it right now.  He’s more relaxed than before, simply leaning against the wall and looking into my eyes.  I know that means he’s accepted what Adrian said...that he’s convinced himself there’s no more hope.  After his tunneling attempt before, I figure that was the last straw for him.  “Look, I...I thought of something while you were asleep,” I tell him.  “It might work.”

“Sam...nothin’s gonna work okay?” He whispers.  “Just leave it alone.”

“It’ll work,” I reassure him.  “It has to.”

His brow furrows.  “Well what is it?”

I contemplate telling him, but the more I think about it, the more I know his reaction will be much more realistic to Charlie if he has no idea what’s going on.  “You’ll figure it out when it happens.”

“That’s fucking stupid,” he says tiredly.  “Look Sam, they’re on to me and obviously they’re on to you too.  Don’t you think that Charlie is gonna know you’re trying to pull something on him?”

“I’m a great liar sometimes,” I smirk.

He groans in annoyance.  “I say we just wait and see what Trevor does.”

“Justin, are you sure you weren’t just imagining that whole thing?” I huff.  “I mean...you are kind of out of it, and I’ve known that guy for a while.  He doesn’t come off as a cop at all.  He’s killed people.”

“Fuck, of course I’m sure!” He snaps.  “The guy came in here and told me himself, okay?  If...if he killed anybody, it was probably somebody who deserved it.”

“All right, fine.”  I roll my eyes but don’t look at him.  It’s no use arguing because he’s counting on the Trevor thing to work out.  He’s counting on some kind of military police operation to bust through the door and save him...but I know better.  “Just believe what you want to believe.”

“I will,” he grunts, turning away from me and pressing his face into the corner.  “Wake me when it’s over, Sam.”

“Yeah, or I’ll just wait til you start talking to your ex girlfriend in your sleep again,” I scoff.

“Great time for jokes.  How the fuck do I know what I’m saying in my sleep?”

I’m about to respond with another snarky comment, but then I hear voices...right up against the door.  Then the sound of keys jingling hits my ears and I know we have visitors.  I grab a pair of handcuffs off the floor quickly, knowing that if we’re caught without them on chaos will ensue.  “Justin turn around.”

“Why,” he says, not turning away from the corner.

“Somebody’s coming,” I whisper.  “You gotta put these on.”

He gasps a little, and looks towards the door.  “Shit.”

He quickly does as I’ve asked, and I cuff him quickly, before cuffing my own hands behind me.  The door opens as soon as I’ve clicked the last cuff into place.  I know how close we were to being caught, and I don’t want to think about what would have happened if we’d been asleep just now.   With wide eyes, I watch as Charlie enters the room, his ski mask covering his face as always.  This is it.  I have to follow through with my plan whether or not Justin thinks I should.  If I don’t, there’s nothing else for me to do but look on helplessly as this thing runs its course.  

Even if Justin does die, I don’t want to live with the fact that I gave up trying to do something about it.

Charlie crouches down in front of me, completely ignoring the look of death he’s getting from Justin as he stares intensely into my eyes.  “Did you talk to him?” He asks me.

He’s obviously still pissed about earlier, but I can’t blame him.  Awhile after Trevor had locked me in here, Charlie came to check on me.  I was so upset, so out of it because I didn’t know what was going to happen, that I started screaming at him.  I asked him where Justin was, I told him I was done being a part of the kidnapping.  He flew into a rage, slamming me in the face with his gun and pinning me down to the floor. I kicked him where I knew it would hurt the most, and tried to get away from him...but he was too quick for me.  That’s when the handcuffs came...that’s when he told me he couldn’t trust me anymore.

Fuck, I must be crazy to think he’ll believe anything I tell him right now.  But then again, I know Charlie.  I know that despite everything, he’s still in love with me, and if I play myself off right, he may just fold up and let me have my way.  I quickly muster up some tears, which isn’t very hard to do given everything that’s happened, and look him in the eyes.  “No...baby...please listen to me,” I whimper.  “He...he came in here trying to get me to sympathize with him just now but I told him to leave me alone.  It’s all his fault, you know? The escape and everything...”

“You helped him,” he cuts me off, before slapping me across the face.

I cry out a little bit, but don’t look back at Justin.  I can feel his eyes boring into me but I do my best to ignore the feeling.  “I know I helped him,” I whisper.  “But baby....I...I was high.  I didn’t know what I was doing, okay?”

“It sure looked like you knew what you were doing,” he mutters.  “Don’t play this shit with me girl, you know better.  If that gate had been open you both would have been long gone.”

“No.” I shake my head roughly.  “I...I would have realized what I was doing and come back to you.  I don’t know why I’ve been acting this way, you know?  At first I hated what we were doing but now I know that we have to.  He doesn’t matter, baby...he’s a rich little prick and I should have listened to you from the beginning.  The money matters...we matter, and that’s it.  I...I love you, okay?  Nobody else.”  I steal a glance at Justin then, and he’s looking at me with wide eyes, as if he has no idea what I’m saying.  I hope he realizes this is my little plan, but I’m sure he’s way too delirious to comprehend that at the moment.

“You love me?” Charlie laughs, rising up from his crouched position and yanking me to my feet a moment later.  “Bull.”

“Babe.” I turn to face him and give him the most sincere look I can manage.  “Who’s taken care of me all this time? Who’s made sure I’ve had my drugs and haven’t gone out of my skull? Who...who thought up this whole plan, just so we’d be okay?  You did, and...and I love you for that.  Please...please give me a chance to prove it to you.”

He snickers.  I know that snicker.  It’s the one that says he doesn’t believe anything that's just come out of my mouth, but he’ll have some fun with it while he can.  It causes me to start trembling, and I wish I could look back at Justin for an answer, but I know how pissed Charlie will probably get if I do that.  

“You wanna prove it?” He asks me with a little grin.

“More than anything,” I lie.

He shakes his head.  “I must be a fucking idiot.”  

He spins me around and quickly unlocks my handcuffs, leaving me free to do what I want.  I should get his gun.  I’m sure if Justin could send me a telepathic message, that’s exactly what he’d tell me to do.  But I’m too much of a wimp to even try.  I just stand before Charlie now, rubbing my chafed wrists and waiting for him to tell me what he wants me to do.  He pulls me to him harshly, and grabs my face so I’m forced to stare into his intense dark brown eyes.  It takes a few moments before he kisses me, hard, right on the lips, and naturally I play back to him.  I mean...maybe this is all the proof he needs from me.  Just to know that I’m his...that I’d never kiss anybody else...

Even though I already have.

He pulls back from me after awhile, and lets me go again, looking back at Justin over his shoulder.  Justin doesn’t say a word of course, just stares, his lost expression seeming to ask the question ‘this is your idea of a plan?’.  I can’t blame him  of course, I just hope he doesn’t start rambling off shit to Charlie that will get him into more trouble.  I think I might be getting this under control a little.  If I just had more time...if I could just get Charlie to leave with me, things might start to fall into place in a positive way.

“Here.”

I look back at Charlie and my heart starts to race as I notice what he’s holding out for me to take.  The blade of the knife gleams brightly as the light in the room hits it, and I swallow hard.  “What’s that for?”

“Well you want to prove yourself right?” He smiles.  “Go ahead, Sam.  Leave your mark.”

My breath catches in my throat, and I know...I know this was a horrible idea.  “But...”

His expression grows dark.  “But what?”

“What about the money?” I blurt out.  

“Fuck, I didn’t say to kill him,” he groans.  “Not that I’d mind but you know...it’s just not time for that yet.”

I sneak a glance at Justin and he’s staring back at me with wide, frightened eyes.  I’m sure he’s realized that this situation has gone from bad to worse.  Dammit, how sick has Charlie gotten due to this whole thing?  I mean, he wants me to cut Justin?  I...I don’t think I can.  But I guess somebody who didn’t give a fuck what happens to him, wouldn’t think twice about doing it.

“Take the knife, Sam,” Charlie urges me, placing the handle into my hand tenderly as he snakes an arm around my waist.  “Come on, it’ll be payback to him for all that brainwashing, right?”  He shakes me a little, and tightens his arm around me as he asks me the question.

“Right...” I let out a nervous laugh.  

“We need to cover his clothes in blood to ward off the search and rescue dogs,” he informs me, kissing the top of my head as he loosens his grip on me.  “We’re leaving tonight.”

I turn to look at him.  “You mean you got the money?”

“I’ll tell you later,” he nods.  “There’s a plan in place.  Everything is going to work out nice and easy for us, baby.  I promise.  Just...do what I say.”  He yanks a cloth out of his back pocket.  “Look, I’ll even shut him up for you.”  He storms over to Justin and shoves the cloth in his mouth.  

A muffled groan escapes Justin, and he just looks at the floor now.  I think he’s on the verge of becoming completely traumatized, and it’s all my fault once again.  Fuck, what have I done now?  I thought my plan was going to work but all it’s done has put me in a very, very horrible situation.  And if I don’t follow through with my orders,  Charlie will know I lied to him, and..and he might end up killing the two of us out of pure rage.  It seems so fucked up, the fact that cutting Justin with a hunting knife is the only way to keep him alive.

“Sam, what the fuck are you waiting for?”

I look back at Charlie, amazed at myself for being able to hold it together and not get emotional.  He’s bracing Justin against the wall so he won’t move, and I can see the tears running down his bruised face.  He’s lost all hope now, he doesn’t grunt and groan in anger, only sobs in despair, and I hate myself.  I hate Charlie.  I hate this whole thing.  “I just...I don’t want to cut someplace that’s not fixable.  We can’t afford to lose him now.”

Charlie pushes up Justin’s sleeve and exposes his upper arm.  “This is fixable enough.  Come on, hurry up.”

Somehow my feet guide me forward, but my mind is telling me to stop...that it’s bad, that...Justin doesn’t deserve it.  But what am I supposed to do? I can’t go back on this now, because Charlie won’t forgive me.  The seconds pass like hours as I reach Justin’s spot on the floor, and I slowly crouch down beside him.  He meets my gaze for a split second as I raise the blade of the knife to his skin, his eyes telling me that he knows it’s not my fault.

But I still can’t forgive myself.

I slice into his skin, the knife slipping through my sweaty hands and cutting him deeper than I intend.  He screams through the gag in his mouth, and I feel the tears stinging my eyes, immediately dropping the knife when I see the blood begin to seep out of the wound.  I start to feel queasy...i think I might pass out.  This is wrong...so wrong on so many levels.

This is called torture.

If there’s an option for the chair, I’m taking it.

“Serves you right, you stupid bastard.”  Charlie grunts in Justin’s face as he pushes him over on his side and pulls out his set of keys.  He takes his gun out as well and holds it to Justin’s head as he tugs the cloth out of his mouth.  “Don’t think about moving.”

Justin doesn’t make a sound, just closes his eyes and continues to wince in what I’m sure is unbearable pain.  I stare at the cut on his arm for a few moments.  It’s so bloody right now that I can’t even see the gash anymore, and I wonder just how much damage I’ve done to him.  What if I severed an artery and he dies right here on the floor? Fuck, that can’t happen.  It can’t.  He just doesn’t deserve to die like that, without a chance in hell.  Trevor warned me.  He warned me to be careful, and not let Justin get killed, or hurt more than he was.  Shit, why can’t I just listen to good advice?  I squeeze my eyes shut, and start to pray...

Please...please don’t it happen this way...

I hear Justin groan loudly and it causes me to open my eyes.  Charlie is removing Justin’s hand cuffs, and a moment later he orders me to go in the hallway and retrieve the bag he left there.  I do it silently, trying to become a mute for awhile so I don’t have to think about how much pain I know Justin is in.  It’s a failed attempt.  I feel nothing but intense guilt surging through me due to what I’ve just done, and I know I’m not going to get over this.  The intense longing for my drugs starts to kick in full swing, and I race back into the room once I grab the bag off the floor and toss it over to Charlie.  “Do you have any coke?” I rasp.

Charlie sighs.  “Give me a few minutes.  I have to bandage him up.”

I look on in silence as Charlie expertly applies alcohol and gauze to Justin’s wound.  He’s being gentle about it, which is so unlike him, but I guess he knows better than to make the injury any worse.  It’s apparent to me that this was done out of necessity...he just added a little pleasure into the mix by having me do it.  He really is a sick bastard, and I wish I could go back in time, tell the younger version of myself that Charlie is a loser and not to get involved.

But that’s not reality.  

There’s new clothes for Justin in the bag as well, and once the bandage has been applied, Charlie orders Justin to strip to his boxer shorts and change into them.  He doesn’t look at me as he follows the order, and I’m sure it’s because he’s humiliated and more delirious now than ever before.   

“I can’t get my shirt off,” Justin says suddenly, his voice nothing more than a raspy whisper.  “I can’t lift my arm that high right now.”

“Fuckin baby,” Charlie grunts.  “Help him, Sam.”

I don’t want to.  I just want to go sit in the corner and cry, but that’s not logical because I’ll get slapped around.  I approach Justin slowly, and he barely looks at me as I help him get his stained and torn tee shirt up over his head.  It’s gotta feel good for him to change, and I hope...I hope he starts to forget about his arm because of it.

But he won’t.

We get the new shirt on next.  It’s a solid black undershirt, the kind that Charlie likes to wear under his clothes.  It hangs loosely off of his body, and the grey sweatpants I give him next are obviously too big for him as well.  I have to help him pull the drawstring and tie it in a knot, praying that they will stay up, and it seems to help.  I start to pull my hand away once the knot is tied, but Justin grabs it quickly, squeezing my fingers for a few precious seconds, and it gets me to look up at him.

“It’s okay,” he says, keeping his voice barely above a whisper so Charlie won’t overhear.

“What did he just say?”

Great.

I look back at Charlie.  “He thanked me,” I lie.

“Just shut up,” Charlie barks at him.  “Don’t talk to her, you got it? She doesn’t give a shit about you, and you already know that I never have.  What we just did was out of necessity.  If I could, I’d just let you bleed out right here.  Cuff him back up,” he orders me, as he begins to sop up the blood on the floor with Justin’s old shirt and jeans.

I do it, painstakingly.  He moans when I pull his arms back behind him, securing them with the handcuffs again, and I can’t do anything else but turn away from him and sit down on the floor after that.  I have to take deep, even breaths to keep my emotions under control.  If I cry, Charlie will know that I do give a damn about Justin, and this whole thing will have been pointless.  “What now?” I ask Charlie slowly as I look up at him, dreading his response.

“Come on, I gotta talk to you.”  

“But...”

He doesn’t give me a choice, just grabs my hand and forces me up from the floor before dragging me out of the room.  He slams the door shut behind us, and now I’m alone with him.  The house is strangely quiet, and I look down either side of the hall for a sign of other people lurking near bye, but there is no one in sight.  “Where is everyone?”

“Adrian’s dead,” he says softly.  “Trevor and I are in charge now.  We kicked everyone else out.”

I gasp a little, my mouth hanging open in complete shock.  “What?”

“He got shot,” he tells me.  “It’s...it’s going to be okay, Sam.  I told you that.  We just have to get Justin out of here, and buy some time.  The money is in safe keeping but we need a few days before we can get our cut.  Trevor is taking care of that part. In the meantime we have to get out of here and lay low. Pack some food and whatever else you need.  Make sure you bring a couple of hoodies too, it’s supposed to rain pretty hard.”

All I can think is that the minute Charlie and I hightail it out of here with Justin as our hostage, Trevor is going to sabotage us.  Well, if Justin was telling the truth anyway.  I don’t want to take a gamble.  I mean, as much as I want Justin to survive this, I don’t really want to go to jail.  But I know if tell Charlie what Justin told me, things could get even crazier.  Charlie won’t take it well, he’ll overreact and so... I’ll just keep my mouth shut until I know what’s really going on. My mind is so fucking messed up right now.  Charlie treats me like shit most of the time, but right now he’s being a little bit logical and I have no idea why.  Seeing him dress Justin’s wound alone proved to me that he’s not as much of an idiot as I’ve been thinking.  Hell, maybe I’ve been letting Justin get to me too much.  I haven’t stopped to think what he might have done if that gate had been open.  Would he have really taken me with him?

Or just turned me in to the first cop that came along?

“How...how did Adrian get shot?”

He sucks in a long breath, and puts his hands on either side of my face, stroking it gently with his thumbs and looking at me like he loves me more than anything.  Then he pulls his mask off, and kisses me lightly on the lips.  “He was getting to be too much of an issue.  Me and Trevor talked about it, and agreed the best thing to do would be to get rid of him.  I had Justin call his mommy for more money to throw Adrian off, and once that was done we got him outside and just...did it.”

I could strangle him.  If it was that easy to do away with Adrian, then why did we go to this extreme? Why did we have to kidnap somebody and get ourselves into this huge predicament?  “Why didn’t we just do that originally?” I snap at him.

“Because I didn’t fucking know that Trevor would have been on our side, Sam.  Damn, you know how this business is.”

I cross my arms and glare at him.  “Now we’re stuck with a hostage.”

“It’ll only be a day or two,” he reassures me.  “We’ll drive up to the camp grounds, get in real deep away from the trails, and kill him.  Nobody will find him, and if they do, we’ll be long gone.  I have our passports ready and everything.  It’s the last thing I got out of Adrian before we did away with him,” he smiles.  “You proud of me baby?”

I suck in a long breath.  No I’m not fucking proud of him, he just killed someone evil bastard or not, and he’s about to kill someone else soon enough.  I want to run away...far away.  I want to go up to the camp grounds and kill myself, not Justin.  But to appease my boyfriend, I’ll smile and wrap my arms around him, so I don’t end up in even more pain.  “You did great, baby,” I say as I lean into his chest.  “I’ll...I’ll get us packed.”

He smiles.  “We have about an hour.  Trevor is out getting us a car.  I love you, girl. I...I’m sorry about what I had to do to you. I just didn’t think I could trust you anymore, but I guess you were confused for awhile, and I can live with that.”

“Let’s just move on.” I force myself to run my hand down his cheek.  “Come find me when you’re ready to go, okay?”

“Oh, almost forgot.” He reaches into his pocket and hands me a small ziploc bag with enough coke to last me through the next couple of days.  “Better get yourself straightened out before we leave.”

I nod, practically grabbing it from him.  “Thanks.”

He heads off in the opposite direction, and I hightail it into the bathroom, quickly pouring some of the coke  out onto the counter, using a spare dollar bill to snort a tube full up my nose.  It takes about five minutes before my head clears up and I start to feel like myself.  Drug addiction is a pathetic existence, but for now I’ll deal with it, because I have a clear head on my shoulders again.  The first thought that hits me is Justin probably will die within the next couple of days unless I do something, but what? Charlie isn’t about let his guard down now, and Trevor...

Well I don’t know what the hell is up with Trevor.  

I think about the money too.  I’m not exactly sure how much they ended up with or what our cut is, but I do know if we get away with it, we’re going to be living like royalty.  It’s almost too much to pass up.  I mean, who wouldn’t want to be rich, right?  God, what am I saying?  Justin is going to have to die in order for me to be rich.  Maybe...maybe I can let him go when Charlie and Trevor aren’t paying attention...yeah, and we can have the best of both worlds.

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding?

I look up and stare back at my reflection in the mirror.  I barely recognize who I see.  I see the deep bruises on my face, from when Charlie freaked out on me and put me in handcuffs.  How easily did I forget about that? That he threw me at the mercy of Adrian because he was upset with me?  What’s to say he won’t do it again?  That he won’t find some other idiot to do business with and lose all of our money anyway?

You’ll die if you stay with him.


I hear Justin’s voice in the back of my mind, warning me, and I know it’s something that he would say if he wasn’t completely out of it like he is now.  Hell, it’s probably true.  If I keep doing what I’m doing, and sticking with Charlie I will end up dead eventually.  I’m surprised I even made it this far with the current situation.  Fuck, I wish I knew what to do...what road to choose.  If I help Justin, I’ll almost certainly go to jail.  If I don’t, if I stick with Charlie, he’ll kill Justin, we’ll make a run for it with several million dollars, and I’ll live the rest of my days praying I won’t get caught.

Fuck, I can’t let Justin die that way, in some forest, never to be seen again.  I have too much of a conscience.  I don’t know his family but by what he’s told me about them, I’m sure they’d be shattered forever if they never received an explanation as to what happened to him.

Yeah, I know what I have to do.  I have to save his life, or die trying.  

But knowing Charlie, that’s not going to be easy at all, and I may just wind up dead in the process.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love celebrityj breakupj justin