Chapter 4

Damn. This place was even more breath taking then I first realized. Justin and I were seated on a loveseat swing set in the middle of the beautiful garden. The sun was just setting and I could see it perfectly. It was so beautiful to watch, but I knew I’d rather be home, no matter how captivatingly beautiful everything was.

I had also come to the conclusion that A, Justin was really insane to think I’d fall for his stupid act. I knew it was bullshit that he wanted to try and be my friend. I saw the way he looked at me. I knew the bastard wanted me and hey I’d be lying if I said if under different circumstances I wouldn’t like him.

But he’s crazy. Very hot, but also very crazy.

And B, Justin could just be messing with my head. I’ve seen plenty of episodes of Unsolved Mysteries to know how this story goes. He’ll befriend me and get me to trust him and then when the time is right, BAM! He’ll rape and/or kill me. Then again I could just be paranoid.

I turned and looked at the so-called “twisted killer” sitting next to me. He looked like a little kid, just staring up at the sky. He had this look on his face and this twinkle in his eye that made me want to just giggle and pinch his cheeks.

I studied his features, taking in the perfect structure of his cheekbones, to the shape of his sexy lips.

Why did he have to be so fucking sexy? Why did it tear me up inside that a part of me just wanted to kiss him? I just wanted a little kiss and that would satisfy me.

God I needed help. This guy was my dream and my nightmare.

“You okay?” I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed that Justin and I were looking right at each other.

But I quickly looked away from him.

“Yeah… I’m sorry. Everything is just so overwhelming.” I was being honest about that. Life was just completely crazy. I mean a few days ago I was in NY and all I had to worry about was school and going out with my friends. Now I had to think about my brother dying and never getting out of here.

“I know. I wish I could do something…”

My head snapped up and I stared at him. “Help me get out.”

He closed his eyes for a moment and then sighed. “I’m sorry I can’t do that.” Justin got up from his seat next to me and then stood before me. “I heard that you’re brother is okay.”

“Oh my God! Really?!” I was gushing at this point and I was ready to cry from happiness. He was okay. Andy was really okay.

“Yeah.” Justin grinned at me. “The bullet hit him in his upper arm and although he lost a lot of blood, he’s doing fine now. They’re actually gonna release him from the hospital in a few days.”

I jumped up from my seat and through my arms around Justin and hugged him tightly. I was so fucking happy that I didn’t care about anything else. Andy was okay and that was all that mattered.

“Thank you so much for telling me Justin! Oh my God!” Okay… so maybe I was beyond happy and maybe I just enjoyed hugging him. It was okay.

Justin had definitely proved that he was loyal to me. I mean he didn’t have to tell me shit about my brother, but the fact that he did made me see that maybe he was a nice guy who was mixed up in the wrong crowd.

“Don’t worry about it. I just thought you deserved to know.” He stated with a smile. “I know if I were in you’re shoes I’d be freaked out.”

“I was beyond freaked out. I love my brother so much. He can be an ass sometimes but he’s a great guy and he’s always protecting me. I just wish I could have protected him. It was my fault.”

Justin bit his lip and sighed. “No it wasn’t you’re fault…”

“I wish I could believe that.” My voice was hoarse from holding the tears back. I wished now more than ever that I could go home to my family. I knew they really needed me as much as I needed them.

Justin embraced me again and ran his fingertips through my hair as I lightly sniffled. I was crying now; I couldn’t hold back my bitter tears that fell down my face.

I buried my face in his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He leaned down to my ear and started to sing one of my all time favorite songs, “Today” by The Smashing Pumpkins.

“Today is the greatest day I've never known, can't live for tomorrow, tomorrow's much too long. I'll burn my eyes out, before I get out. I wanted more
than life could ever grant me, bored by the chore, of saving face.” His angelical voice whispered into my ear. I was melting right there and then. Besides the fact that he was singing that awesome song, his voice was great. He could have probably been a professional singer if he wanted.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes and smiled. “Today is the greatest day I've ever known. Can't wait for tomorrow, I might not have that long. I’ll tear my heart out before I get out.”

Justin stopped for a moment and just grinned at me and ran his hand down my cheek. Oh God why did he have to be so perfect. Why did he have to know exactly the right thing to say? Why did he have to sing that song?

I knew that I was betraying everyone in my family by doing what I was about to do but I couldn’t stop myself. To tell you the truth I really didn’t want to stop either way.

I leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips. He willingly kissed me back and pressed his hand against the back of my head and pushed us closer together. It was just like I couldn’t get enough of him. I could hear the rest of the song playing in my head.

Pink ribbon scars
That never forget
I tried so hard
To cleanse these regrets
My angel wings
Were bruised and restrained
My belly stings

Today is
Today is
Today is
The greatest day

I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you on
I want to turn you


 We pulled away from the explosive kiss and just stared at each other. We had so much built up tension for each other and I guess it had all just came out. Maybe it was also that I was so lonely and he was the only one there. Maybe we were both taking advantage of each other.

 One thing was for sure; I would not take back that kiss for anything. On my top 10 romantic kiss list, that kiss is 1 through 10. Well maybe it wasn’t that amazing to anyone else. But to me, God, it felt like heaven, or just something so un-forbidden.

 Yeah, I was one of those good girls that did everything they were told. But sometimes, doing something like this made me feel wild. Yeah, I made out with my kidnapper. If that’s not a crazy thing to do then I don’t know what is.

 “Today is the greatest, today is the greatest day, today is the greatest day, that I have ever really known.” He sang the end of the song to me and pressed his forehead against mine.

 Damn.

**

 After a little while, Justin and I walked back into the house to this big dining room. He informed me that Tommy, his fiancé Hope, JC and us were going to have dinner together.

 I couldn’t help but cringe when he told me that. I didn’t want to see any of them with the exception of Hope and Justin. They weren’t really that bad.

 Hope didn’t seem like them at all. I mean she probably just really cared about Tommy and was willing to put up with his career choice. I guess love is like that sometimes. It blinds a person so all they can see is good in their partner.

 Wow, they should really call me Dr. Ruth or something.

 Justin and I sat down at the table with them while “One Last Cry” by Brian McKnight in the background. I could tell that Hope had probably picked out the music because damn, I just can’t see a big tough mobster like Tommy listening to something like that.

 “Nice of you to finally join us.” Tommy said, irritated. Hope turned and shot him a look to shut up and he just sighed.

 “You’ll have to excuse Tommy. When he’s hungry he gets grouchy.” Esperanza explained to me and I just forced a smile. “Did you enjoy the gardens?”

 I turned and looked at Justin and smiled and then turned back to Hope. “Yeah, you could say that.” She just raised an eyebrow and looked back and forth at the both of us. It was like she knew.

 “Well that’s great.” Tommy said as a dozen butlers came and served the food to the table.

 I tried not to look shocked when I saw all the food they were laying out. All of it could probably feed a small country for months.

 The table was filled with filet minion, caviar, and a bunch of seafood. I guess Hope must have had an influence on him because there was Paella and pernil at the table. I smirked and served myself some of the rice and seafood while one of the waiters poured some red wine into my glass.

 What the fuck?! I thought I was captured, not out to eat a fancy restaurant.

 Everyone was eating and not really saying anything at first. I felt a little awkward to tell you the truth. I really felt like everyone was just staring at me. Especially JC. The man was completely silent but stared at me the whole time. Either he really hated me or I had something on my face.

 But damn that’s so fucking rude when someone stares like that. So I made sure to do the same thing. I just stopped and stared right at him till he finally excused himself and left.

 Bastard. I was relieved when he left.

 “So… Natalia, What school do you go to??” Hope asked me. I didn’t want to be mean to her because she really did seem nice. I know she was trying to make things the best for me but I wanted out of this place.

 “I went to Pace in Manhattan.”

 “Don’t worry. You’ll go back soon enough.” Hope turned and gave Tommy a look. I could tell she wanted him to let me go but he just ignored her.

 I didn’t understand how such a nice girl like Hope could be with such an asshole like Tommy. He obviously didn’t appreciate her and she seemed like she loved him so much.  It was just the way she looked at him that made me see that this girl was crazy for him.

 Well she’d have to be a little crazy to put up with this life style… right? I mean the guy was a fucking Mafia King.

 “I was thinking maybe we could go and have a girly day tomorrow. I know you’re probably stressed…” Hope suggested and I just smiled.

 “That sounds great… would we be leaving this place?”

 “No.” Tommy answered for her and set his fork down on the table. “We have everything here and I will not have you leave unless it is with me, Justin or JC.”

 I bit my tongue to stop myself for cursing this bastard out. Why did he have to be such a prick?

 Justin just smiled a little at me and squeezed my hand under the table.

 “Yeah… I’m gonna go rest now. Thank you for dinner.” I stood up as did Justin and he walked me back to my room. I sighed as we walked back into the prison.

 “Do you want me to go?” He asked and I just looked at him for a moment.

 “No, just stay with me till I fall asleep.” I stated, kinda almost commanding him. He nodded and I grabbed a pair of pjs out of my dresser and walked to the bathroom and put them on and just climbed into bed.

 I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed. I knew I should have tried to make the best of this like he said but I couldn’t. I just knew that there was more to this whole situation then I realized.

 I traced lines up and down his chest with my fingertips. I felt so safe in this man’s arms. This man I didn’t even know. This man that maybe I would never fully know.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped jc justin joey chris