Chapter 39
 I climbed through the window of the hotel room we were saying at. Ricky was busily watching Heartbreakers. I smirked and coughed loudly. He shut the TV off and ran over to the window. He helped me in and then pulled me into a tight embrace.

 “Congratulations!”

 “Thanks.” I beamed. “I can hardly believe what happened. It feels like a dream.”

 “Did you figure out what you’re gonna do about Tommy and everyone?” Ricky asked me. I sat down on the bed next to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

 I played around with my wedding band. I was finally happy again. It seemed so unreal to me. I kept imagining this all to be a trick or a dream. I was afraid that I was going to wake up or someone was going to pop out and say that today was a lie.

 I hated the fact that I had to be away from him, but I knew it was for the best.

 “We’re going to act like nothing and then tomorrow we’re going to spring the truth on everyone.”

 “Then what?”

 “I have no fucking clue.” I laughed. “I’m a bit scared actually.”

 “Don’t be. I have your back.”

 “I know. Thanks, Rick.” I hugged my best friend and sighed. Only God knew what would happen tomorrow.

**
 The next day went along as usual. Ricky, JC, Savannah and I went out. We did some shopping. I kept up the ‘I’m so depressed’ attitude. No one suspected that I was actually ecstatic.

 I bought a bunch of clothes, and a few things for Justin on the sneak. I had spoken to him a few times and by 3 I had to get to the Ryan Estate. That wouldn’t be too hard.

 I looked at my cell phone and saw that it was 2:15. It was time to get my ass in gear.

 “Guys…” I called to JC and Savannah who were looking at jewelry. I had a feeling JC was close to proposing to Savannah. I was happy for her but at the same time, I was still pissed off.

 How was I supposed to know if they were trying to keep Justin and me apart? I couldn’t understand why everyone else was entitled to be happy but not us.

 “What’s up Nat? You feeling alright?” JC asked.

 “I really wanna see Hope. Can we go visit her?”

 “Yeah of course. “ Savannah hugged me and smiled. “It’ll be good for you if you do.”

 “I know. I’m really trying.”

 “We know you are.” JC smiled and hugged me as well. “And we’re proud of you.”

 “Thanks guys.” I smiled at the two of them. I looked at Ricky from the corner of my eye. He had no idea what I was planning, but I’m sure he must have thought something.

 We headed to JC’s car and I got in. Justin text messaged me to get there and go to the bathroom. Then he’d tell me when to go in. I responded with a simple okay and leaned my head against Ricky’s shoulder.

 “You need me to stay with you, or are you gonna be okay?” He whispered to me.

 “It’ll be better if you don’t. A lot of shit is gonna go down and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 “Alright, but if you need me, promise you’ll call.”

 “I promise.” I hugged Ricky and placed a kiss on his cheek.

 I was basically freaking out because I really didn’t know what Justin had planned. I guess I just had to go with the flow. I mean that would be okay right? I just hoped that they wouldn’t hurt Justin in the process.

 Ricky made up some story about how he needed to go to the hotel to call Louis. He said he’d walk and just got out of the car. The three of us headed to the Ryan mansion with a few minutes to spare.

 “I’ll be right with you guys I’m gonna go to the bathroom, ok?” I stated. JC and Savannah just nodded at me.

 I watched as the two of them headed to the living room that everyone was in. I crept behind them, watching everything occur.

 The doors to the living room flew open and there stood Justin, Tommy, Hope and Joseph. They all looked shocked to see JC and Savannah standing there.

 “Oh my God! JUSTIN!” JC ran and hugged him. “I thought you were dead! We all did!”

 “Dead… what are you talking about?” Justin raised his eyebrow. The both of us immediately knew that Savannah and JC had nothing to do with this. “Do you have any idea what he’s talking about Tommy?”

 Tommy just began to stutter. Hope remained quiet and stared at the floor. That’s when Joseph spoke up.

 “We told JC and Savannah you died to protect you. We had to make sure Larry Lopez was out of the way. He still isn’t. He will kill you Justin.”

 “That’s bullshit! Larry knows I’m alive. You’ve made me go up against his men! WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TELL EVERYONE I WAS DEAD?!”

 “It was for your safety.” Joseph said plainly and sipped a glass of water. Joseph had definitely underestimated Justin. My baby is smart!


Justin flung the water out of his hand and glared at the great Joseph Ryan.

 “I don’t need you to protect me.” Justin hissed. “And you lied to Natalia too. The love of my life. You made her think I was dead.”

 “She’s a whore Justin. She wasn’t worth your time. You’re like a son to me and that woman would have brought you nothing but pain.”

 “Seems like you brought me the pain. But let me tell you something. I got married yesterday.”

 “WHAT?! To whom?!” Joseph stood up outraged.

 “Angel, come in here.” Justin called to me. I smiled to myself and flung the doors open.

 “He got married to me.” I held up my left hand showing off my wedding band. “You lied to me, Hope. You too Tommy. I can’t believe you.”

 “You all were supposed to be our friends but you betrayed us. WE DESERVED TO BE HAPPY TOO!!! And now we fucking will.” Justin grabbed my hand and held me close to him. “Fuck the mob. I quit.”

 “You can’t quit. Are you delirious?!” Joseph walked over to us and then backhanded me across the face. “If all it will take is for this whore to die then that’s what will happen.”

 “DON’T EVER TOUCH HER AGAIN!!!” Justin tackled Joseph to the ground. Throwing punch after punch at him. JC and Tommy quickly broke it up and pulled Justin off Joseph.

 I just held my face in shock. I couldn’t believe that this was actually happening. I didn’t think Justin and I were going to live much longer. We couldn’t cross the Ryan’s and live.

 “I did the right thing! I separated you from that Hispanic filth! And I’m glad I had that bastard child aborted!!” Joseph exclaimed.

 The words hit me like a ton of bricks. It was his fault my child was dead. All this time I had been beating myself up over it but it was him.

 “YOU BASTARD!!!” I screamed and launched myself at Joseph. I scratched at his face with my nails, just wanting to kill him so badly. Joseph shoved me to the ground and laughed.

 “Better I killed that child. It didn’t deserve to live… as you don’t.”

 “That’s enough!” Tommy finally stepped in. “Father, I sat back and watched you hurt Justin and Natalia but I can’t do this anymore. You’re wrong!”

 “How dare you defy me boy. I started this business and if you don’t like the way I do my work you can move out of the streets with your whore.” Joseph spat at his son.

 That was when Justin was getting fed up; he first helped me up from the floor after JC finally released him, and placed a small kiss on my lips. My husband pulled a gun out and grabbed Joseph by the collar.

 “You separated me and the love of my life and you killed my unborn child. YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!!!!”

 “Justin wait.” Tommy said and pulled out his own gun. “Let me take care of this.”

 Justin exchanged glances with Tommy and just nodded. He backed up to me and pulled me into his arms.

 “I’m sick of you, father. I’m sick of you calling me incompetent to running the business, I’m sick of you hurting Justin and Natalia, I’m sick of you calling my fiancé a whore and I’m sick of you belittling me. You were never a father to me.” Tommy cocked his gun and just blinked, a tear fell from his eye. “I hate you.”

 BOOM! The gun went off and Joseph was hit in the forehead. He fell to the floor, he was dead but his body still writhed on the floor. I looked away, wanting to vomit from the sight of the corpse.

 “It’s finally over. No more lies, no more pain…” Tommy stood over Joseph’s body. “This is the way it needed to be.”

 There was silence between all of us. JC called the morgue and made special arrangements for Joseph’s body. Tommy would not be charged with a murder.

 I refused to let go of Justin, just sobbing into his shoulder. The truth finally came out about our baby and it crushed the both of us. I saw Justin cry silently and we just embraced. I wondered what would have happened if that baby was still alive.

 I wished it was.

 “No more tears, angel. From now on we move to the future.” Justin leaned in and captured my lips.

 “Justin, Natalia… Can I talk to you?” Tommy broke up our kiss. I looked at Justin for an answer, he just nodded.

 Tommy said nothing about the death of Joseph and it was really scary. I mean he killed his own father with ease. I guess it was understandable because Joseph was a bad man.

 We followed Tommy to an office where Hope was already inside. She launched herself at Justin and I and hugged us. She was sobbing hard and it made me cry as well.

 “I’m sorry I lied to the both of you and made you experience so much pain. I had to do it, I had no choice.” She cried. I actually understood her. Joseph had probably manipulated Tommy and Hope into it.

 “We understand.” Justin said and forced a smile. I could tell he really couldn’t completely understand because neither could I. I guess there was nothing we could really say, it was just awkward.

 “I’m sorry too… I shouldn’t have let Joseph do this…I shouldn’t have let him get away with everything.” Tommy closed his eyes. “I found out just last week that he killed my mother for an absurd reason. I grew up without a mother because of his lunacy.”

 “I’m sorry…” Justin said, unsure of what to say. There was still tension between all of us.

 “Don’t be. Joseph needed to die. I should have never believed the horrible stories he fed me about her. I just want to change… and I want you to become the head of the Ryan family Justin.”

 “I couldn’t do that…”

 “You could… I’m not much of a leader, and you would be better. Please do it…”

 “I need to think about it…we should go…”

 “I really am sorry though…”

 “I know you are.” Justin turned away, holding my hand tightly. We headed out the doors to his car. Night had stolen the day away, and all that was left was a pitch-black sky. I got into the car and Justin and I headed to his mansion.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped jc justin joey chris