Chapter 18

 I sat in this small Greek café across from Justin. I was trying my best not to look at him; I just played with my hot pink manicured nails. Justin was ordering himself a cappuccino; I didn’t want anything but to get the hell away from him.

 “Natalia…I’m sorry.”

 “Are you?” I said nonchalantly. I didn’t even bother to look at him. My nails were more interesting at that point.

 Justin angrily grabbed my hand, making me look up at him annoyed. I just huffed and pulled my hand away from his grip quickly.

 “Natalia, I’m serious. I never meant to hurt you or your brother… it ju-“

 “All I hear coming out of your mouth is bull shit. You’re wasting your breath.”

 “It’s not fucking bullshit. I love you so much and it kills me to see you in pain.” He said softly, he kept trying to meet my gaze but I purposely looked away from him.

 “You’ve pained me for the rest of my life, so why aren’t you dead?”

 He rolled his eyes, trying to brush off the hurt I caused him. Sure that was fucked up of me but I just wanted him off my back fast. I was counting the seconds till I was far away from him.

 “I didn’t hurt you intentionally… it’s just everything got crazy. I didn’t plan on falling in love with you and I didn’t plan on kidnapping you. Things just happen sometimes.” He stated and I just rolled my eyes.

 I wrapped my arms around myself, starting to block out what he was saying. I really didn’t care anyway. My mind was made up about him and nothing was going to change that. It was like his words were going in one ear and out the other.

 “Natalia please listen to me!”

 “Justin, you’ve said all of this before and it doesn’t matter. I’m not going to love you and I’m not going to be with you. So just back off.” I got up and slid on my broken shoe. I whipped out my cell phone and headed out of the café.

 “Can’t you at least forgive me?”

 “I can’t forgive you Justin. You changed my life and I’ll never be the same person I once was. I betrayed myself and my family… I don’t want to have anything to do with you.”
 
 “That’s bullshit!!” He cursed and grabbed a hold of my arm. “You love me Natalia. That’s why you wore the necklace I gave you, that’s why you haven’t run away already, that’s why you keep avoiding my eyes. You know that if you look at me you’ll realize how much you care about me and you’ll wanna be with me as much as I wanna be with you.”

 “Conceited much?!” I glared at Justin and pulled myself away from him. “Just leave me the fuck alone.” I headed toward the street and hailed a cab. I quickly threw myself in and commanded the driver to go.

 I knew this wasn’t the end of my encounters with Justin, but I was glad I got out when I did. He was getting to me, and I wouldn’t let myself be broken.

**

 I entered my apartment and saw my brother walking around in his boxers. I wanted to die.

 “ANDREW FUENTES!?! QUE EN CARAJO ESTAS HACIENDO?!”

 “Jesus Christ! Natalia!! What the hell are you doing here??” The look on my brother’s face was priceless.

 “I live here!! I thought that would be obvious to you… you know being that you’re the fucking future doctor!!”

 “I uh… Hope and I were…”

 “Okay…ew! Do not explain yourself please. Ew.” I covered my eyes and ran into my room. “When you’re finished I need to talk!!!”

 “We’re finished, what’s going on?” Hope walked into my room grinning. I was chucking my broken shoes into the wastebasket, unable to look at Hope. She fucked my brother!!

 “I ran into in old friend tonight.” I plopped back down on my bed and looked up at Hope and Andy who were standing in the doorway.

 “Okay… who?” My brother questioned.

 I chuckled to myself and rubbed my face lightly. All I could think was why me? Why? What did I do to deserve something like this? What could I have possibly done to have such bad karma to have mobsters stalking me?

 I’m a good girl damnit!!

 “It seems that the Ryan Crime Family is in town. You were right, Hope, they are after us.”

 “You’re kidding me right??” Hope lost all the color in her face. The girl looked like she was gonna pass out.

 I just weakly nodded at her while my brother just looked uber pissed. I told them about how Justin had stalked me that night and how I got poor Ricky into trouble with Louis. I told them how Justin had admitted to following me.

 My brother was fuming. This bullshit with the mob was supposed to be over.

 “I promise you girls, I’ll make them leave you alone.” Andrew kissed Hope’s hand and half smiled at me. “I won’t let either of you be hurt.”

 “I know you won’t… but Andrew, you have to be realistic. They’re everywhere. You’re not gonna be able to stop them.”

 “She’s right. They won’t stop till they get what they want, especially Tommy.” Hope was leaning against the wall, trying to control herself. I knew she was ready to break down.

 She was just starting to move on with her life and he had to come back. Her ex-fiancée, the man who she loved and hated wouldn’t let her start a new life. Hell, I was in the same boat as her, except she had found someone to love, while I was still alone.

 “Believe me… they won’t get you. Natalia, you know I always keep my promises. I will not let any of these sons of bitches hurt you guys.” My brother leaned down and kissed me on the cheek and then softly kissed Hope. “I need to bail, but call me if you need me.”

 With that cryptic note, my brother got dressed and headed out of the apartment, leaving Hope and I afraid and fearing the future.

**

 For the next few days, things were hell. Ricky, Hope and I just mopped around. I really didn’t want to leave the house at all, but when Wednesday rolled around, Hope and I knew we had to go to work and train the new waitress for Mr. Fatone. I covered myself up with a black bucket hat and my brand new pair of D&G sunglasses.

 When we reached the bar, a familiar looking woman was sitting on one of the stools talking to Joey. Hope and I looked back and forth at each other and moved closer.

 It was no other than Savannah, the woman JC was crazy over. My eyes widened and I began to shake in fear. They had probably set her up to this. They were probably here, watching us.

 Yeah, I was paranoid constantly. I was always looking over my shoulder and staring at everyone suspiciously.

 “What the fuck are you doing here? Did Justin put you up to this, you stupid cunt?!” I screamed at Savannah. She just stared at me wide eyed.

 “Excuse me?!”

 “Justin and Tommy put you up to this. You’re fucking spying on us! TELL THEM TO LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE!!!” Hope grabbed my shoulder, trying to get me to calm down but it was impossible. “You’re stupid… you should get out of that goddamn relationship with JC while you have the chance.”

 “What the hell are you talking about?! YOU NEED HELP!” Savannah yelled back at me. She stood up and walked right up in my face.

 I could tell Joey loved this. Chick fight chick fight! Asshole.

 “Listen you psychotic bitch, I broke up with JC a long fucking time ago because he’s a fucking stalker. I moved to New York to move on with my life and to try and get into acting. Don’t you dare accuse me of anything.”

 “Bullshit. Come on Justin?! COME THE FUCK OUT!!! BE A MAN FOR ONCE AND LIVE UP TO SOMETHING!!” I was screaming so loud that I was shaking.

 “Natalia, I think she’s telling the truth…” Hope said and held onto my arm. I don’t know what came over me but I just broke down crying. I knew I probably looked insane to everyone but it didn’t even matter to me.

 I hated feeling this way, so defenseless and weak. It’s like I had been broke so much that there was no way to repair me.

 “Is she alright?” Savannah asked, with her southern accent coming through strong.

 “Not really but don’t worry…”

 “It’s JC and those people? I knew they were into bad shit. I fucking knew it.”

 “Yeah… you’re right… and when you got out you were really fucking lucky. But be careful they don’t come after you. Tommy Ryan always gets what he wants, and if that means women to keep his best friends happy then so be it.” Hope was staring down as she said all of this.

I had stopped crying but I still had the hiccup effect of the long cry. I just wanted to crawl up and die.

“Come after me…they can’t find me though… right… it’s impossible.”

“Bullshit it’s impossible. You’re dealing with the mob, Savannah.” I stated, wiping my eyes and taking in a deep breath of air. I had to calm myself down.

“The mob…you’re kidding… right?”

“I wish she was.” Esperanza said and sadly looked at Savannah. She was horrified. Thankfully, Joey hadn’t heard any of this, he had disappeared to God knows where.

“How bout this… there’s safety in numbers… Savannah, why don’t you stay with us for a while until we figure out how to get these assholes off our backs.” I stated and the two of them nodded.

“Sounds good. I’m staying in a skanky motel anyway, so this will be better. Thank you guys.”

“No problem... sorry for being a bitch before, but I’m paranoid.”

“Don’t even worry about it. I understand. Let’s just bail and y’all can tell me everything that’s been happening, because I have a feeling that you’re right.”

**

“Yes this is Joey Fatone speaking…” Joey said into the phone.

“Mr. Fatone, I understand that you have a new waitress working…” A voice boomed into the phone.

“Savannah Carmichael… yes.”

“Do you happen to know where she’s staying?”

“Actually I think she may be staying with two other waitresses here…”

“That’s all I needed to know… thank you for your time.” JC hung up the phone and turned in his office chair and stared out the window. The woman who had constantly denied him was here. What a coincidence that he’d find her now. He was going to wait a while to go after her, until he was sure that Natalia and Hope were back, but he’d be able to kill two birds with one stone.

He’d get the woman of his dreams and maybe a higher position in the Ryan crime family. Oh the possibilities. All he had to do was win back Hope for Tommy. Not too hard… right?

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped jc justin joey chris