Chapter Eight

 

Raven stepped from the shower and slipped into her robe drying her hair with a towel and tossing it into the hamper. She moved into the kitchen pouring herself something to drink and settled down on the couch to watch tv. She'd fed for the night and her veins were tight with the blood that flowed through them. She was full and ready to relax, but the sound of the doorbell stopped her from doing so. Sighing in frustration she stood from the couch and moved across the room pulling the door open.

 

The fact that he was nervous showed all over him and she was surprised at seeing him standing at her door, especially so late.

 

"Father Chasez. What can I do for you?"

 

He shifted the object covered in black velvet around in his arms and smiled the best that he could.

"I brought something for you."

 

She stepped back and motioned him into the house closing the door behind him as he entered.

"Have a seat......can I get you anything?"

 

He shook his head and sat down on the couch watching her as she sat in the chair across from him crossing her legs and letting her robe slide down to her hip exposing her smooth silky flesh. She cleared her throat smiling as his eyes met hers and motioned toward the object in his lap.

 

"So what do you bring me?"

 

"First there are some questions I have....if you'll answer them, then I will hand this over to you."

He brushed away the fabric revealing The Book Of Nod and looked back to her.

 

"Wanting to strike deals now huh? Ok....what do you have to ask?"

 

He covered the book back up and tried to swallow away the dryness he felt in the back of his throat.

"Well......I know some of the story of Pandora, Petradon, and Maharet, but I believe there is more and I would like to hear it."

She narrowed her eyes digging her nails into her palms as her hands fisted and moved her eyes to the fresh scratch across his face, concentrating on reading his mind.

"Who came to visit you?"

 

Her tone held that of anger and he gripped the sides of the book preparing to get away quickly if he had to.

"I don't know."

 

She searched through his mind again and rolled her eyes sighing as she used her powers to reach him.

 

LANCE...you son of a bitch.

 

His soft chuckle rang loud in her mind and she closed her eyes concentrating on him.

 

A lady should use no such language love. Especially a queen.

 

Fuck you. WHY did you go to him and why did you tell him that story. Do you know how much danger you have now put him in?

 

She heard his sigh and what sounded like leaves being crushed under the pressure of feet.

 

You ought to be thanking me you know. I got him to you and he brought that damn book. Unfortunately my time ran short and I couldn't finish the story. Thought maybe you could handle that.

 

Father Chasez stared at her in confusion as her eyes remained closed and he nervously looked around the room waiting for something to happen.

 

He's quiet fun to scare ya know. You should try it. I bet that man stays on his knees the rest of the night praying....unless....well...he's on his knees between your legs.

 

She groaned as his laughter echoed in her head and she clenched her jaw opening her eyes as she heard Father Chasez's voice.

 

"Raven...are you ok?"

 

Lance laughed again and quietly made his way into the castle checking for Christopher.

Talk to him. Your wonderful Father Mulhee told him more than you can imagine. It would take you months to get into his head and read it all. I think he might be able to help out with Christopher. I'll see you tomorrow sweet heart.

 

She felt Lance slip away from her and turned her eyes back to Father Chasez and shifted in her seat causing her robe to slide up a tad bit more.

 

"Why do you want to know the rest of the story?"

 

"Why do you want this book?"

 

She was taken aback by his braveness and grinned nodding her head.

"OK.....from where Lance left off?"

 

Deciding not to question how she exactly knew he slowly nodded and she took a deep breath folding her hands in her lap.

 

"After Maharet took the baby to the ancients he returned to Pandora and the two of them planned to go into hiding. Petradon became enraged when his daughter came up missing and he couldn't find her anywhere. He sent his strongest childer out to find her, promising them that he would end their lives in torture should they not return with her.

Three Vampires were destroyed before the fourth one, Samuel, returned with the infant. Maharet fled, but Pandora refused to leave her daughter and swore she would get her away from Petradon......unfortunately he kept close watch on the two of them and years passed before Pandora finally escaped and was reunited with Maharet.

The two of them took the child back to the ancients for them to protect and Petradon went on search again for them, but the ancients had them under secure protection as well. Pandora became so afraid that Petradon would find their daughter that she returned to Salem and he killed her instantly upon her return. Fifty years passed and he continued his search becoming more enraged as time passed and she was nowhere to be found. He turned his rage toward the other kindred vamping on them, determined that if he could kill them off one by one he would find his daughter.

He had made a deal with the leader of the Sabat right after his daughters birth. A rare daughter held powers so mystical that even the ancients envied them, and she was to be sacrificed to the Sabat to be bred over and over to create a coven that was so powerful they could kill off the other covens and rule the world.

It's said a tiff started between between Petradon and an ancient called Santiago. No one really knows for sure....and if they do, well they certainly aren't saying, but it's believed that Petradon was brave enough to go head to head with Santiago and Santiago beheaded him followed by a steak to the heart."

 

Father Chasez arched his brow and sighed.

"Wow.....that is some story. But what about the daughter and what ever happened to Moharet?"

 

She slid down in the chair uncrossing her legs about to answer his question when a voice rang through her head.

Tell him Bella Raven. He already knows too much as it is, what is this going to hurt. We take care of Natasha first.....then......you embrace him.

 

Shut up Lance

 

She stared at the man in front of her running her eyes over his surprisingly long wavy hair and beautiful blue eyes to his strong cheekbones. His arms were strong and muscular and his slight tan seemed darker against the black of his clerical clothing. She couldn't help but smile at the thoughts that ran through his head and sighed softly breaking the silence.

 

"Moharet grieved so much when Pandora was killed that he was ready to end his own life, but the ancients convinced him that Pandora's daughter would still need him for protection. After Petradon was killed, Maharet returned to Salem and hid himself in the Catholic community keeping watch over the coven making sure the remaining kindred did not go after her. "

 

Father Chasez sat amazed by the whole story and wondered why Father Mulhee had never told him of that one.

"The daughter...what about her?"

 

She sighed and stood from the chair motioning for him to follow her to the kitchen.

"She is alive and well....Maharet, however, is no longer living. He finished out his last century as an incommu......that is one who removes himself from kindred."

 

Father Chasez pulled out a chair at the kitchen table and sat, nodding his head as she offered him something to drink.

"But the daughter....what is her name? Where is she?"

 

She handed him his glass and sat down at the table across from him folding her hands in front of her.

"Father Chasez...."

 

"Joshua....Please....just call me Joshua."

 

"Fine" she smiled "Joshua...why are you so intrigued with vampires?"

 

He sipped at his drink and sat the glass to the table following his finger with his eyes as it ran around the rim of the glass.

"When I was younger, my grandfather always told me of the tales of the vampires that roamed the town and how the towns people slayed them many many years ago. I was always fascinated by those stories no matter how many times he told them to me. I often wanted to be a part of that world. When I was 18 I made the decision to dedicate my life to God and I became a priest. Father Mulhee trained me, taught me of the ways of the Catholic church, but after two years he began to teach me of the "dark world" as he called it. Growing up with all those vampire tales to begin with I enjoyed listening to him tell his stories and teach me of the vampire beliefs and rituals and their chants. He always told me it would be important for me to know. I never understood why though. I never knew vampires held such magic, almost like wizards."

 

He stopped, taking a deep breath, but never looked up to her as he continued.

 

"He talked of Christabela so much and how he had to keep her protected, but he never told me from what or whom. The way he talked of her it's as though I knew her myself."

 

He glanced up and stared into her blue eyes feeling himself becoming lost.

"And now I do."

 

Her senses went on full alert as a cold chill ran down her spine and she quickly stood looking all around her. Danger was close by and she had to get Joshua away from her.

 

"Hurry....you must go....and go straight home and lock your doors."

 

His brow creased and he stood taking a step toward her.

"Raven..what is wrong?"

 

She cupped his face in her hands and stared into eyes casting a chant to block his mind from anyone to read.

"Go home Joshua. Get out now."

 

She grabbed his hand pulling him through the house and to the front door.

"If you're in danger..."

 

"IF i'm in danger I can protect myself, but you must go. Tomorrow night I will find you. Till then you talk to no one...is that understood?"

 

He nodded his head and watched her look around as she opened the door stepping into the darkness.

 

"Go, and remember...talk to no one."

 

He walked to his car and stopped briefly turning back to look at her.

 

"GO....Please...."

 

He quickly got into his car and pulled from the drive down the long winding roads of the forest.

He had promised Father Mulhee he would keep her safe, and keep her safe is what he intended to do no matter the consequences.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampire