Chapter Five

Christopher sat at the end of the large wooden table, his eyes slowly moving from each female that sat before him. Each retainer remained silent as they waited for their sire to join them.

Joseph moved through the room taking his seat between Sarah and Janet and grabbed both of them by the hair kissing each one roughly as Christopher folded his hands and impatiently drummed his thumbs together sighing loudly.

Justin and Lance, get to the dinning hall NOW.

Joseph laughed softly to himself as he heard the groans of Justin and Lance and leaned back in his chair knowing it would be a long wait.

 

"Plans for tonight Christopher?"

 

He smiled, an evil smile, and rubbed his fingers against the corse stubble of his chin.

"Tonight I bring Christabela home. She has returned to Salem and I want her back here at the lair. She has blocked us from her mind, but this time she can't hide. I can sense her and I will find her."

 

Joseph nodded and leaned forward resting his elbows on the table as he lazily picked at the grapes that lined the silver platers.

"Need us to tag along?"

He shook his head and reached for his goblet of red wine taking a sip.

"No Joseph. The night is yours. Play with your retainers, find yourself a good feeding. I want to see my sister on my own."

 

Lance rose from the bed stretching and groaned at Christopher calling out to him. It was bad enough that he didn't return for another hunt the night before, but now he was late for their gathering. That was something Christopher used to be unconcerned about until recently. He had changed, and where his leadership before really had no meaning, now meant they no longer had their freedom. An evil side that he had never seen before was pouring out of Christopher and the three kindred were becoming concerned about what would happen to the coven. But those were things he could not be concerned about at the moment. He had somewhere important he needed to be and time could not be waisted any longer.

 

Pulling back the thick black drapes, he yawned, watching the sun as it began to set and smiled at his memories from the night before.

Drop the visuals Lance and get your ass down here now.

Lance laughed and glanced over to the bed where he heard moans coming from under the covers and moved over sitting on the edge pulling the covers back. Natasha curled into a ball and wrapped her arms around her knees squeezing them to her tightly. Pains shot through her body and nausea racked her in such a way that any small movement would have set off a vomiting spell she was afraid would never stop. She felt weak, her energy completely drained, and it seemed as though something had taken over her body.

 

"Oh God Lance...what is happening to me?"

 

He placed his hands on either side of her and leaned down kissing her forehead softly.

"You are with child Natasha. The baby is growing, sucking from your blood. You will be fine. The gestation period for a child of a vampire is only five months. The fetus will grow much faster than a mortal fetus."

 

She rolled to her back and looked up into his eyes shaking her head.

"This just doesn't feel right Lance....it's just...."

Her body broke into a sweat and she suddenly jumped from the bed running to the in-suite bathroom slamming the door as the vomiting took over her.

He stood from the bed, rubbing his chin, and walked to the bathroom door shoving it open.

"Natasha, I will have one of the servants look after you. You will need blood for the baby. I will return later."

 

He quickly moved from the room and floated down the stairs to the dinning hall taking the chair to the right of Christopher.

 

"She is sick. If something is wrong with her then you must put her from her misery."

Christopher turned his head toward Lance and grinned as Lance's eyes began to glow a bright yellow.

 

"She will be FINE. I have one of the servants watching her."

 

Justin quietly took his seat opposite from Lance and next to Laura and pulled a young girl down into the seat next to him as Christopher turned his attention toward them sniffing the air.

"You have not touched her. Why did you bother to bring her here?"

 

Justin sipped at his wine and leaned over kissing Laura before looking toward Christopher speaking silently.

She's wholesome, untouched. Her blood smells fantastic. Thought you could use her. No matter what you say Christopher, you're never to old.

 

Christopher rested his elbows on the table and folded his hands resting his forehead against them.

"I always prided you as being one of the most intelligent Justin, but sometimes you frighten even me with the things that you do."

 

The four vampires laughed and Justin shrugged his shoulders lifting his glass to his lips as he grinned.

"You don't want her, that's fine. I'm sure Joseph could use her for his little harem."

Justin reached up grabbing the stake as it flew at him, never removing the glass from his lips.

Do it again Joseph and your ass is dust.

Lance sighed and grabbed a hand full of grapes, standing from the table.

"If there is no business, the I must go. Natasha needs a feeding."

 

Joseph creased his brow and shifted his eyes from Lance to Christopher.

"How the hell did he embrace her and us not be told? When did you give him permission?"

 

Christopher leaned back in his chair and folded his hands across his chest smiling.

"Our Lance has not embraced her. Seems our most powerful has created a son with as much strength as he. The child needs blood. Go Lance. Feed them. We will discuss an embracing of the retainers later."

 

Lance nodded and moved quickly from the castle to the waiting car outside blocking his mine. He had to get to her and the last thing he needed was for Christopher to find out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampire