Chapter Twenty Three

 

Joshua watched as the little girl ran through the field jumping to catch the lightening bugs that flew around her head and sat down on the step of the gazebo resting his arm across Christabelas shoulders.

 

"Thank you.....for letting me be a part of your world."

 

She smiled, leaning in closer to him, and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

 

"You, Joshua, are my world."

 

They leaned in for another kiss, stopping as the sounds of giggles interrupted them and turned to see blue eyes sparkling back at them with laughter. Joshua grabbed her, pulling her into his lap and kissed the top of her head, tickling her as she tried to squirm away.

 

"Noooo daddie...it twickles."

 

He leaned his head back laughing at her pronunciation and glanced over to Christabela as she punched him in the arm and pointed to the blond haired, green eyed little boy that suddenly appeared before them.

 

"Can Aubrie go pway width me?"

 

Joshua leaned forward, narrowing his eyes playfully as he looked the young child in the eyes and smiled.

 

"You don't plan on running off with her to marry her do you James? I may just have to come after you if you do."

 

Christabela laughed as the little boys eyes widened and he shook his head quickly from side to side.

 

"No..we's just going over dere."

 

He turned pointing to the field where Aubrie had been playing earlier and turned back to Joshua as his laughter rang in his ears.

 

"Ok" He said, gently pushing Aubrie from his lap and patting her on her bottom to shoo her away.

 

"I guess that would be alright. Just be careful, you never know where monsters are lurking around the corners."

 

James grabbed Aubrie's hand and the two of them ran toward the field giggling, stopping to catch the lightning bugs that began to circle around them.

 

"You torturing my son Joshua?"

 

Joshua laughed as Lances voice rang loud and clear in his head and looked to his left seeing Lance approaching them in the distance.

 

"Might as well start now, that way when they're teenagers he'll know I mean business when he wants to carry away my daughter."

 

"Lance sat down in the grass in front of Christabela and Joshua and leaned back on the palm of his hands, smiling at the couple who sat in front of him.

 

"Hard to believe they are almost four years old. Seems like yesterday I was holding James in my arms for the first time."

 

Christabela nodded, resting her hands on her swollen stomach and smiled glancing from Joshua to Lance.

 

"Yes it does, and just think, pretty soon Natasha will give birth to your next son and Aubrie will have a little sister to play with."

 

The two men nodded, starring off across the field deep in thought as they watched their children holding hands, laughing and playing in the night. It had taken Lance some time to trust Joshua completely, but once he did their friendship grew and the two of them counted on each other more than they would admit.

 

"Come Joshua, I think it's time we taught our children a lesson in feeding."

 

Lance pushed himself from the ground, smiling as Joshua leaned over placing a kiss on Christabelas lips, and the two of them disappeared through the field to teach their future coven the life they were destined to live.

 

THE END.

 

THE RIDDLE

 


Completed
Lancesharmony is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked The Riddle also liked 2 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampire