Chapter Sixteen

 

The room held a soft glow from the candelabra that sat on the bedside table just to the left of the four post bed, giving just enough light on the three ancients as they hovered around Natasha's body, feeding from the poisoned blood and draining her to the point of near death.

 

With Patradon gone, Japheth had broken free from his restraints and joined McKeer and Laurent in their quest to save Natasha and her unborn child from the hands of hell that grasped for her. With their task complete, they moved away from the bed in which Natasha laid and made room for Christabela and Lance to return, what is known as their life, back to her again.

 

Justin and Joseph stood against the wall at the end of the bed watching as Lance sat on the bed next to Natasha and pulled her weakened body into his arms, pressing his wrist against her bottom fangs, breaking through the flesh and letting the blood drip into her mouth, much in the way Justin had done with him earlier.

 

Just the few drops that landed on the tip of her tongue brought her to consciousness enough to suck against the marks, drinking till she fully awakened. He tried to move his arm from her lips once he felt she'd had enough, but she grabbed at it, moaning as she sucked harder, needing more of the crimson liquid in her mouth. Christabela pried Natasha's fingers from his arm as Lance placed his free hand on her forehead, pushing her away as he pulled his arm free from her fangs.

 

"Settle down baby, you're going to get fed."

 

Christabela slipped her arm in front of Natasha, wincing as she grabbed a firm hold of it sinking her fangs deeply into her wrist, drinking quickly at the blood that poured freely through her veins. After a moment of feeding, McKeer stepped closer to the bed gently pulling Christabela's arm from Natasha and brought it to his lips flicking his tongue across the wound to heal it.

 

"We must be on our way. A plane awaits to take us to Madrid for Christophers safety. We will revive him once we arrive. Boys, gather your mates and let us leave."

 

******************

 

Once the plane landed in Madrid the group made their way into the castle as the servants of the ancients carefully carried the coffin that contained Chris' body to the parlor of the castle.

The haven of the ancients wasn't much different from the castle in Salem, for it sat high on a hill surrounded by fields of trees and the interior was laid with the same black marble while beautiful columns lined the foyer.

 

Joshua was amazed by the beauty of the architecture and stood taking in the sight around him until Christabela gently grabbed his elbow pulling him from his trance.

 

"The ancients are gathering in the court yard, we must join them for the ceremonies."

 

He nodded, taking one last look around and slipped his arm around her waist leading her through the foyer and out into the darkness of the court yard. Christophers body laid on a marble slab that had been draped with black cloth and the ancients surrounded him dressed in black hooded cloaks holding a lit candle as they chanted in foreign tongue.

 

McKeer moved gracefully across the court yard greeting Christabela and Joshua and held his hand out for Joshua to take.

 

"Come along Joshua, we await you."

 

Joshua glanced to Christabela, confusion on his face, not completely understanding the role he had to play in the ritual. McKeer led him over to Christophers side and removed the hood of his cloak looking up to the ancient who stood across from them on the other side of Christopher as Christabela took her place next to Joshua and gasped as the ancient across from them removed his hood revealing his face.

 

"Joshua.....my precious Christabela Raven....it is so good to see you both once again."

 

Joshua felt his knees grow weak as he stared into the eyes of Father Mulhee, shocked and speechless.

 

"Maharet.....how....you're....I don't understand." Christabela gasped, as she fumbled over her words.

 

"It is by Joshua that I was able to return to this world as an ancient once again. Joshua, I trained you the best I could to take your place in our world and now the time has come. It was you who kept my Christabela alive and you who can bring Christopher back to us."

 

"But I don't understand...how am I....how are you.....?"

Joshua fell silent once again, still reeling in shock, as he turned to McKeer feeling his hand on his shoulder begining to speak.

 

"Christabela's blood is needed to bring Christopher back, but it is your blood, Joshua, who will keep him protected from Patradon for eternity. You put Patradon where he belongs, but over time he could possess Christopher once again, but you can stop him from doing so."

 

"You, Joshua, were chosen the day you were born. You were the biggest part of the riddle, the pages of the book you were having so much trouble interpreting, those pages were of you. I was to find someone to take my place as royal priest in this world and turn over the job of protecting Christabela to and you were the perfect choice. In the palm of your hand lies the sign of the celtic cross, the chosen, you were born with it and I was able to find you and train you, impressing the ancients so that that I was granted my eternity back, and now with Patradon gone I can roam free, and I thank you. You have made our world better with him gone."

 

He moved around the marble slab placing his hand on Joshua's cheek as he approached him and smiled, slipping his arm around Christabela pulling her into a hug.

 

"I loved this child's mother more than anything you could ever imagine and I was not about to allow anyone to harm her. I knew once you could see her you would protect her all the same, but the fact that you fell in love with her was a surprise to all of us. The choice now is left only up to you Joshua. You can resurrect Christopher and go back to Salem living out your life, or you can be united with Christabela in an embracing and join our world for eternity. What will your decision be?"

 

Joshua looked from Maharet and into the eyes of the woman who had awakened a part of him he never dreamed to be in touch with again, feeling every emotion possible rush through him. He had, without a doubt, found his soul mate, but his life had been dedicated to God and it had been a decision he had never regretted. The life that was welcoming him was eternity in a dark world that had fascinated him for so long, but choosing to walk that path instead of the one he walked now would be paved with great consequences, and it was those consequences he was uncertain that he was ready to make.

Chapter Seventeen



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampire