Chapter Fifteen

 

The last thing Christabela had remembered was speaking with the three ancients about Christopher and her mind becoming hazy with a darkness that she didn't quite understand. Now she stood watching Christopher cutting off the life of the man she had become fond of so quickly and fear filled her over how far Christopher would take his little game.

 

Suddenly, she lunged forward, driving a stake into his shoulder that held Joshua at bay and her eyes became a sickly yellow as his hand released it's grip from Joshua and he turned on her, grabbing her by the throat and pinning her to the wall that was mere inches behind her.

 

"You, bitch, have defied me for the last time. I call upon my coven a blood feast at once and you, Christabela, will belong to me for eternity."

 

Nathaniel and his coven appeared on the windows ledge, eyes blazing red, and fangs already dripping blood from the mortals that they had already began to feast upon in the short time since night fall. Laurent lowered her head and raised her hands to the air driving a force so powerful through Christopher that it sent him crashing to his knees, but his hand remained locked against Christabelas throat and he drug her weakened body along with him, refusing to let go.

 

Nathaniel and his coven moved in for the kill, but were quickly knocked away by the powers of Joseph and Justin, as Christabela struggled to release Christophers grip from her throat.

 

"If I am to rot in hell, then so shall you." He whispered, and sent the force of a stake driving into her side to drain her life from her.

 

Blood splattered and Christopher released her, standing to his feet, and angrily pulled the stake from his shoulder , bending down and driving the spiked wood into the muscle of her thigh.

 

"Death will come to you slowly, for you have tortured me for too many centuries."

 

Teeth sank into the flesh of his neck and he cried out, swinging his arms, trying to knock away the form that had threatened to feed from him. Both bodies were knocked to the ground from their struggles and the fangs managed to remain in Christophers neck, pulling the blood quickly from his body and draining him, once again, making his powers weak.

 

Lance was shoved backwards as he attempted to step forward and pull Natasha from the hold which she held onto Christopher with.

 

"Let her be Lance." McKeer warned. "She knows what she's doing. Santiago is guiding her."

 

With the remaining strength he had left, Christopher gave one final shove to Natasha, knocking her free, and sending her tumbling across the room, hitting her head on the desk near by. Lance broke free from McKeers grip and ran, falling to his knees at Natasha's side and cradling her unconscious body in his arms, rocking her gently back and forth.

 

With a flick of his wrist, blood shot from the vial Joshua held in his hand, and the sign of the cross was splattered across Christophers chest burning deep into his flesh and reaching to the soul that had taken over the carcass of his own son. Petradons screams rang loudly through the room causing the other vampires to turn away and cover their ears in fright as the soul tore from the flesh in which it was entombed stirring in a cloud of black laced with fire.

 

Nathaniel and his coven watched in horror, and Joshua turned, splashing the remaining blood across the Sabat coven surprised as their bodies turned to ashes, blowing across the floor of the library and swirling in the wind, mixing with the cloud that rose above them.

 

Joshua stepped closer to the cloud, trembling, as he held his hands high above his head and spoke in a loud tongue casting away the evil that hovered above them.

 

"Love receptacle incomplete depth look forwards you. Elapse ye violence with state these life disjoined incomplete your hurtful."

 

McKeer placed his hand on Joshua's shoulder repeating his own words and closed his eyes drawing in a deep breath as a final scream was heard, the room around them stilled and a deafening silence fell upon their ears causing everyone to look around in question.

 

The cloud was gone and relief was felt through out the room as the coven began to relax and move to one another helping those in need. Joshua lowered his hand to side and glanced over his shoulder to McKeer giving him a week smile as McKeer nodded to him.

 

"You have done well Joshua. Now.....it is you that must help restore this coven."

 

McKeer moved away, leaving Joshua confused, and kneeled in front of Lance and lifting Natasha into his arms as he stood once again.

 

"Come, let us take her to the bed chambers. She must be drained and fed from you and Christabela once again. Be strong Lance, for she will be alright in due time."

 

Lance nodded, following McKeer to the upper floors where the bed rooms were located as Joshua, Justin, and Laurent followed behind.

 

Christabela grunted in pain as she tried to push herself from the floor, and gasped as Joshua quickly lifted her into his arms smiling warmly as he looked into her crystal blue eyes.

 

"Hello."

 

She smiled wrapping her arms around his neck and leaned her forehead against his, closing her eyes to all that was around her, enjoying the feel of being in his strong arms once again.

 

"Hello." She whispered and leaned her head back, slowly opening her eyes once again to peer at the one who had captured her and saved her coven from the doom that had threated to take over them.

 

"Thank you could never be enough for what you have done. I never knew it was you all along that was the answer. I just......"

 

His lips quickly met with hers, silencing her before he could lose his never and the chance to have her again, and moved in a slow motion working over the softness of her pink lips, stopping before mistakes could be made again.

 

"It is not completely over Christabela, we must get to Natasha and help her and the child."

 

She nodded glancing over his shoulder to her brother laying pale and motionless on the hard wooden floor and let the tears that filled her eyes for the pain that he had suffered, flow down her smooth cheeks. Natasha was their first concern, but Christabela vowed to herself to return to Christopher and bring him back once Natasha had fed. If it meant giving up her eternity to allow Christopher to return to the darkness, then giving up her eternity is exactly what she would do.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampire