Delusional: suffering from or characterized by delusions

He was tired, so tired. The night was beginning to take it's toll on him. Running his own restaurant? What the hell was he thinking when he came up with that bright idea? Jennen, she should have talked him out of it. His wife should have known better. God, he wished he was at home with her right now.

He could almost see it, a nice hot bath with his lady. Maybe she'd give him a nice massage and then maybe a relaxing roll in the hay. He was always ready for sex with Jennen. She was the love of his life. Even when he was younger he always thought he would marry Jennen. Even when he was dating Crystal, all those years ago, he wished she was Jennen.

Now though, he had everything he could ever wish for. A good stable marriage with Jennen, two wonderful children, family that loved and supported him, his dream restaurant and....and a little one on the way! That's right Jennen was pregnant again. They had only started trying to have another child so he was pretty shocked but excited too when she told him the news.

The smile could not be removed from his face as he closed up the restaurant and headed to his SUV, ready to get home and call it a night. He twirled his keychain around his index finger, whistling softly as he trekked to his vehicle. His worn sneakers hit the pavement hard as he damn near ran to his SUV. He slowed his pace though when he took in the figure standing near his vehicle.

He cocked his head to the side curiously before remarking, "Can I help you Shane?"

Shane leaned his back against Justin's vehicle, crossing his arms and legs, "You know I had an interesting conversation with Crystal last night."

Justin cocked his eyebrow, "Oh really?"

"Yeah. Seems my wife hasn't quite got over you...She's asking for a divorce." Shane admitted as Justin shook his head.

"If she thinks I'm going to leave Jennen tell her not to bother. It ain't happening." Justin said as he fiddled with his keys.

"Crystal was at your house. She broke in," Shane said as Justin's head snapped up and his blue eyes took in the man standing in front of him.

"W-Why? Why are you telling me this?"

"Because...look. I found this in her jacket pocket," Shane explained as he showed Justin the same picture Jennen had told him was missing, "She'll want Jennen gone. I still love Jennen but any fool can see that she loves you...I-I guess...w-what I'm tryin' to say...just...don't let her hurt Jennen."

"Shane, you have to know that I would never let anyone hurt my wife. Crystal had her chance, not that it was big one because even then I loved Jennen. I'm not going to let anyone interfere with my marriage, including you and Crystal," Justin said with a firm glare that made Shane want to disappear into himself, "Now can I have our picture back? Jennen's waiting for me at home."

"Y-yeah." Shane said before handing over the picture to Justin with trembling hands.

Justin had always intimidated him, always pointing out that Jennen could do better than him. He had never approved of Jennen and Shane's relationship. He never said anything directly to Shane but he always left the impression that he would fuck him up if he ever hurt Jennen. He should have seen the signs back then, should have seen that Justin loved Jennen too.

He watched in silence as Justin took back their picture before climbing into his SUV, silently wondering what it would be like to be him. He always had it all back in high school and he still had it all. The perfect wife, the 2.5 kids, a successful restaurant. Sometimes life just wasn't fair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jennen! Jennen! Jennen! Come on! Jennen!" Crystal shouted as she pounded on the door.

"Go away Crystal!" Jennen shouted through the door.

"I just wanted to talk to you! You're acting crazy!" Crystal shouted, scoffing a bit at Jennen's behavior.

Jennen scoffed loudly, "I'm acting crazy? I'm acting crazy?" she repeated as she let out a short laugh, "Honey, I'm not the one banging on someone's front door after they've repeatedly told you to FUCK OFF!"

"Jennen, it's a simple request. Leave Justin." Crystal stated.

Jennen shook her head before letting out a heavy sigh. She was grateful her children were already in bed but she was still scared. She didn't know what Crystal was capable of and that scared the shit out of her. She eyed the alarm pad next to the door, making sure it was still armed. She silently thanked Justin for staying true to his word and getting an alarm system installed as soon as possible after the whole break in incident.

Her mind wondered to where Justin was and when would he be coming home from the restaurant. She had expected a quiet night at home with her children as she waited for her husband to get home, instead she got this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She hadn't even noticed the rental car parked a few houses down. She had been so busy trying to get Kile and Kamryn inside, get the groceries inside, get her bags full of work-related stuff inside the house and had left the front door wide open in the middle of it all. She never dreamed Crystal would have the audacity to step foot in her house while she was there. She had walked into the living room to check on Kile and Kamryn in their play pen before heading out to get more bags from the car when she spotted Crystal sitting on her couch, watching Kile and Kamryn with a sadistic fascination.

"They really do look like their dad, don't they?"

A simple question to answer, a simple yes but she couldn't answer it.

"Get. The. Hell. Out. Of. My. House." She said it slow and even through gritted teeth as she slowly backed into the hallway, slowly opening the small closet that held Justin's loaded shotgun.

"I just wanted to talk to you. You're not even going to thank me for bringing in the rest of your bags?" Crystal asked as she cocked her head to the side, still watching Jennen's children play. She let out a deep sigh then a slight chuckle, "That's not very Southern like of you Jennen."

"I'm gonna tell you one more time. Get out of my house." Jennen said as she cocked the shotgun, smirking as Crystal turned to face her with wide eyes.

"Jennen! I'm shocked!" Crystal said as she put her hand to her chest, "I came here for a simple talk about my future husband and you pull a gun on me? Fine. I'll leave but make sure those brats," Crystal stated as she pointed at Jennen's children, "don't mess up my future house."

"You're lucky I haven't pulled the trigger like I want to right now." Jennen said as she made sure Crystal left her house.

She closed the door before setting the alarm, falling against the door with a sigh, the shotgun now heavy in her hand. She wanted to call Justin, tell him exactly what happened but he would rush right home and the restaurant needed him besides Crystal was gone and she was a big girl. She could take care of herself.

She shook her head as she walked to the hallway closet, putting away the shotgun in Justin's gun safe. She took a deep breath as she walked into the living room and watched her children. She let out a sigh as she got them ready for bed, giving them both a bath, getting them into their pajamas and tucking them into bed. She went downstairs to the kitchen, pouring herself a glass of milk before walking into the living room and taking a seat on the couch. Her hands shook as she reached for the remote to the TV, she was still scared but she reassured herself that Justin would be home soon and she would no longer be alone. She had just taken her first sip of milk when the pounding on the door started. She didn't even have to go to the door to know that it was Crystal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Crystal! Get the hell away from my front door! What the hell are you doing here?" Justin shouted as he approached his front door and saw Crystal continuing to pound on his front door, silently thankful that he got that alarm system installed just in time.

"I just came here to have a talk with Jennen and she pulled a gun on me and threw me out of our house!" Crystal shouted.

"Our house? This is not our house Crystal! This is mine and Jennen's house! She is my wife! I love her! She is the mother to my children! I suggest you leave before I call the Sheriff." Justin said as he pulled her away from the door and escorted her to her car.

"Justin....Justin...wait....you know it should be me and you! You know that! Why are you doing this? It's always been me and you. She never loved you! S-She didn't." Crystal continued to shout as Justin continued to drag her to where her car was parked. She fought him all the way, clinging to his arms, begging with him to hear her out, "S-She called Shane while you were at work. Told him that you were gone and asked him to come over! Ever since we've been back they've been seeing each other! Can't you see she's cheating on you?"

"Shane was at my restaurant talking to me while Jennen was here alone. My wife is not cheating on me. I love Jennen. The sooner you realize that Crystal the better off we'll all be. If I was you I wouldn't divorce Shane, he's the only one who can love your crazy ass! Now, stay the hell away from my family!" Justin said as he opened Crystal's car door and shoved her inside before slamming the door behind her.

He stalked to his house, fumbling with his keys as his hands shook in anger. He finally gave up and resorted to knocking on the door, "Jennen. It's me baby." He said as the front door flew open and Jennen threw herself into his arms.

"I was so scared J." Jennen whispered into his ear and he took in her scent and placed a soft kiss on her neck.

"I'm here now baby. Let's go inside. You don't need all this stress." He said as he caressed her stomach.

He always protective of her when she was pregnant, always wanted to make sure that she was taken care of, had everything she needed, and that she was never under any stress. He was a protective person anyways but there was something about knowing that she was carrying their child that made him want to be extra careful. Maybe it was because there had been complications with the twins. She had been put on bed rest for six out of the nine months she was pregnant so he wanted to do everything in his power to make sure that this pregnancy went as smooth as possible and that their child was brought into this world as safely as possible.

He led her inside their home, shutting the front door behind him, careful to set the alarm. He couldn't believe Crystal had the nerve to show up at his house and cause a scene like that. He couldn't believe she had the nerve to accuse Jennen of cheating on him.

"Hey honey, I'm going to check on the kids." Jennen told him as he looked at her and nodded his head.

His blue eyes watched as she climbed up the stairs and disappeared down the hallway to check on their children. He entered the kitchen, making his way to the refrigerator as he pulled open the door and found a beer. He pulled off the tab and took a swig as he heard a knock on the door. He let out a deep groan, dreading that it was Crystal again. He leaned against the door looking through the peep hole, letting out a relieved sigh as he swung open the door and let his parents in.

"Is everything okay? Is Jennen okay? We came over as soon as we heard. The neighbors told us as soon as we got home." His mom explained as she wrapped him up in her arms but let him go as soon as Jennen came down the stairs.

She practically tackled Jennen who just returned the tight hug. He grabbed his mom and pulled her away from his wife before wrapping his own arms around Jennen.

“Jennen, are you okay honey?” Lynn asked as Justin kept his arms wrapped around Jennen tightly

“I’m fine. Crystal just wouldn’t leave.” Jennen exclaimed with a heavy sigh.

Justin watched his wife as she rubbed her temples then pinched the bridge of her nose, “I’m sorry. Where are my manners? Do ya’ll want something to drink?”

“Oh hush honey. We can get that ourselves.” Lynn told her with a flip of her hand, “I just want to know what happened,” Lynn continued to say as she headed into the kitchen and they followed her.

“Crystal decided to pay me an unwelcome visit.” Jennen explained as she took a seat at the counter and watched as Lynn filled glasses up with ice and sweet tea.

“What did she want sweetheart?” Paul asked as he helped Lynn pass out the glasses of tea.

Jennen took hers before taking a sip. She looked down at the glass, her finger tracing the rim before she spoke up again, “She wanted me to leave Justin.”

Justin’s eyes widen in shock as he took a deep breath and released a cough, “She did not ask that of you!”

“She did,” Jennen stated with a nod of her head, “She even had the audacity to step foot into our house to do it too.”

“How did she get pass the alarm system?” Justin asked as Jennen looked up at him and winced.

“I left the door open.”

“Jennen! What did I tell you about setting the alarm at all times! You know it would kill me if something happened to you or the kids.” Justin exclaimed as he took a seat next to her and grabbed her hand.

“I know. I wasn’t thinking. I was unloading the groceries and trying to get the kids down and inside the house and I just left the door opened. When I went to the living room to check on the children she was just sitting on our couch watching them.” Jennen said as she leaned onto Justin and he wrapped his arms around her.

“Why did she have to come back? Why can’t she just leave us alone J?” She asked as he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

“I don’t know baby. I’m not going to let her hurt you or the kids though. She’s going to realize that I’m not leaving you.” Justin said as he rubbed her back and continued to hold her.

He met his mother’s eyes over the top of Jennen’s head. He didn’t know what he was going to do and he needed guidance. He was going to protect his family no matter what.

“We’re going to leave now that we know ya’ll are okay. I’ll come over tomorrow. Ya’ll should get some rest.” Lynn said as Justin nodded.

He watched as his parents showed themselves out. He let go of Jennen only long enough to reset the alarm. When he reentered the kitchen she was putting away the dirty glasses.

“Baby. I’ll take care of those. You should go upstairs and go to bed.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the back of her neck.

“Come with me.” She whispered and he kissed her neck again.

“Of course I will baby. I’m going to take off tomorrow. I think we should go the Sheriff’s office with this.” Justin said as he escorted her out of the kitchen, making sure to turn off all the downstairs lights before they headed upstairs.

“Good. I always feel so safe when you hold me honey.” She confessed as he kissed the top of her head and hugged her tight.

He followed her as she made her way up the stairs, stopping to straighten pictures frames in the hallway. She cleaned and got obsessive about things when she was nervous. He grabbed her hand, softly pulling her up the stairs behind him as he took the lead and led them to their bedroom. He shut the bedroom door behind them as Jennen let go of his hand and walked into their closet to change and get ready for bed. They changed and went through their nighttime routine without saying a word, letting the silence soothe them.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my crack!

Incomplete
Schnessa is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Obsession also liked 311 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story