Author's Chapter Notes:
Another story idea that I just had to write. I swear I'm working on The Wolf Pack and A Day in the Life of... I'm just having writer's block with those two. But this something that has been floating around in my mind for awhile so I hope ya'll enjoy it.

Past: No longer current; gone by; over

 

She let out a sigh as she rested her forehead against the cool glass of the passenger's side window. Her husband sat beside her, humming along with the radio and she had the urge to strangle him. If she thought about it hard enough it would surprise her that they were still married. She thought for sure they would be divorced by now. They both liked to pretend everything was alright though. She sneaked a glance at her husband, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. His father was dead and he was humming away to "Hot-Blooded" like he was the freaking front man for Foreigner himself.

She turned her attention to the Tennessee scenery passing them by. She hated this state. She got out as soon as she could. Most would say she ran away because this town was too small for her but she ran because she had let him down. She had taken his heart and stomped all over it. She had cheated on him with her now husband, breaking his heart in two. It tore her up inside and she thought about the pain she caused him everyday. She definitely didn't want to go back to Shelby Forest but a small part of her was definitely happy about maybe seeing him again.

Her eyes caught sight of the small smile that was reflected back at her from the window. Sometimes she wondered what life would have been like if she had stayed in Shelby Forest. If she had married Justin and not Shane. If she had just told him that she still loved him. If she hadn't given up on them....and herself.

"Hon, I think we're lost. We've been gone for too long if I can't even find the one motel in Shelby Forest." Her husband Shane told her as she focused her attention on him and caught his slight smile.

"There's a store right there. Maybe someone can give us directions?" She suggested as her husband pulled the car over and into the small store's makeshift parking lot, "This store wasn't here before was it?" She asked as she removed her seat belt.

"The....Paper...Garden," Her husband drug out as he read the store's sign, "Not that I recall. Must be new," he said with a shrug of his shoulders as he removed his own seat belt and got out of the car.

He stretched his arms above his head and let out a loud yawn. He was tired and it had been a long drive from Ohio to Tennessee. If it was up to him he never would have come back. His father had passed away though and his mother had insisted that he come down for the funeral, stating how he needed to help her clean out some of his father's old stuff.

He rolled his neck to side, wincing as it popped. He took in the store in front of them, standing on the edge of town, indicating it was newer than the buildings closer to the center of town. He wondered if Jennen would have a store here. She always wanted to open a scrapbook store. She probably wasn't living in Shelby Forest anymore. He let out a sigh as his wife made her way into the store to ask for directions and he had no choice but to follow her.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

She laughed as her husband tickled her side, her small hands trying desperately to push him away.  He nuzzled his nose against her neck, his long fingers sliding across the smooth skin of her stomach before resting on her hip underneath her tank top. He placed soft kisses along her neck as she backed into him some more, his body wrapping around hers and holding her close.

They both heard the soft creak of their bedroom door as it opened, instantly shutting their eyes, pretending to be asleep. They both tried not to smile as the heard two pairs of sock covered feet cross their hardwoods floors. The pitter patter of feet stopping as they approached the bed. She felt the covers being tugged on before she heard it.

"Dada." Another tug. "Dada." Another tug. "Dada." A smack.

She bit her lip, trying not to laugh as her daughter smacked her husband trying to wake him up. She felt a small hand touch her mouth and she opened her eyes and saw her son, watching her with his bright blue eyes.

"Ma."

"¿Qué mi corazon?" Jennen asked as she caressed her son's cheek, brushing aside his soft light brown curls, the ends turning blond from the sun.

"Dada." He stated as he pointed to his dad's side of the bed.

"Esta despierto mijo. He's awake." She said and Justin had to smile.

He loved it when Jennen spoke Spanish, especially when it was to their kids or when they were making love. He lifted his daughter up, placing her on the bed as she got comfortable between him and Jennen. He watched as Jennen lifted their son up and also placed him between them, next to his sister.

"Are you going to the store today or...?" He asked as Jennen looked over at him, her brown eyes sparkling at him.

She reached over caressing his cheek, giggling at his morning scruff, "No. Your mom is watching it for me today. I need to go grocery shopping and run errands today. Are you working at the restaurant today?" She asked as she ran her fingers through his soft short curls.

"I thought I would take off today. Spend time with my family." He told her with a wink, running his fingers through her long espresso brown hair.

"Good. Let's get up and I'll make some breakfast." She suggested as she rose from the bed.

He took in her tight white tank top and the way it stretched across her breasts. Her small white cotton capris hugging her ass just right. Her long hair flowed around her shoulders as she helped their children get down from the bed.

"Come on Papi." She said before leaving the room, following their children downstairs.

He sure was a lucky man. He knew that. If you had told him nine years ago that he would be this happy he wouldn't have believed you. His high school sweetheart had just cheated on him with one of his friends. Before he knew it she had left town with said friend, never to return again. He was grateful for that. He had Jennen now and he didn't need anyone else. Her love had healed his broken heart and he found out what real love was when they finally started dating. Now they were married with a family, owned one thriving scrapbook store and one locally renowned restaurant. Life couldn't be better.

He rose from the bed, slipping on his slippers and a t-shirt before stretching. His cotton pajama sweatpants hung low on his hips as he scratched his stomach before wiping the sleep from his eyes. He made his way downstairs, peeking his head in the living room where he spotted his twins sitting on the carpet watching Elmo. He walked into the kitchen as his wonderful wife whipped up some good breakfast. He smiled as he made his way over to her wrapping his arms around her waist and digging his head into her hair.

His lips found their way to her neck, softly grazing her soft skin as she tilted her head to the side, continuing to beat her eggs for his omelet as he continued his attack on her neck. She let out a sigh as he pressed against her, pinning her between him and the counter.

"I love you Jennen." He whispered as she turned around in his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her until their lips met.


"I love you too Justin." She mumbled against his lips before pressing her lips to his, moaning against him as they got lost in the kiss.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

They walked into the store, seeing shelfs and shelfs of different papers and other scrapbook supplies. It nagged at him, a scrapbook store. In the back of his mind and deep down in his heart he knew, this was Jennen's store.

He took in the different layouts that were scattered around the store, showing pictures of a young boy and girl. Their toothy smiles and bright blue eyes reminding him strangely of Justin. He looked around as he heard noises coming from the back of the store.

"Hi there. What can I help you with?" They heard someone say in a thick southern drawl before they actually saw her.

She came walking from the back, her face blocked by the huge cardboard box she was carrying. She set it down with a thud before throwing them a smile.

"Oh my goodness! Is that Shane and Crystal?" Lynn Harless asked as she made her way towards them.

She enveloped both of them in tight hug, grabbing their hands as she stepped back and really looked at them.

"Hi Mrs. Harless. How are you and Paul? A-And how's Justin doing?" Crystal asked as Shane glared at her.

"Paul's good. He's been helping Justin at Justin's new restaurant." Lynn said, noticing the glare Shane threw at Crystal when she mentioned Justin.

"So, are ya'll back in town for the funeral?" Lynn asked as Shane looked at her.

"Um....yeah. I'm going to help mom clean up the house." Shane said quickly before turning his attention to the scrapbook layouts that decorated the store.

"Are those your grandkids? In the layouts?" He asked as he pointed to the various layouts around the store.

"Yep. My two year old grandchildren. Kile and Kamryn. They take after Justin so much." Lynn said and Crystal felt her heart drop in her chest.

He had kids. Two children at that.

"So...what can we help ya'll with?" Lynn asked.

"We were looking for the motel. Did they close it?" Crystal asked.

"They tore it down. Rebuilt a new one closer to the town square. Just keep following the road straight into town. You'll see it on your right hand side." Lynn said as she directed them with her hands.

"Thanks Mrs. Harless." Shane said as she hugged them goodbye.

"You welcome sweetheart. Drop by again...maybe when Jennen's here." She said with smile.

She watched them leave, shaking her head. She didn't know Crystal and Shane ran off together but she figured once they saw Justin and Jennen together and happy they would regret it.

"Wow! Never expected that." Lynn said with a nervous laugh as she made her way to the counter, ready to finish stocking the shelfs.

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave me some feedback if you would like for this to continue.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story