Chapter 5

I sat in the lounge chair and watched Lola. She didn’t speak one word to me. We had been sitting in this room for almost an hour and the best we could muster was the weather.

Fuck this.

I stood up. “Where are you going?” She asked watching me, something in her voice sounded panicy but I held my ground. She was NOT going to turn me down. She was NOT going to tear down what I need to work for.

“If I want to sit on a couch and do nothing for an hour I can do that at home.” I said walking out of the room, this time, clearly I was not followed.

~*~Later that day~*~

“5! 6! 7! 8! Left, right, side, down, spin, kick…” Wade was in the middle of the floor showing the Chris a new routine for the 5th time.

“You all right man?” Lance asked sliding down the wall next to me.

“Yeah I guess… man I don’t know. I kissed her.” I shook my head staring at the space between my legs.

“Was it bad?” He questioned.  I shook my head no. “Did she back away?” I shook my head no. “I don’t see the problem.” He smiled looking at me, happy I guess to see I had made some kind of move on someone else.

“I left her… I said it was a bad idea.” I could hear the air he sucked into mouth through his teeth, I could suddenly see what had happened. “I said it was a bad idea…” I looked up and glanced at his face. He was smiling like an idiot and I knew I had hit it on the head. I grabbed my phone and dialied her number, although I had taken it out of the phone my memory knew it clearly.

“Hello?” The voice was sweet, caring.

“Lola?” I asked fully stepping into the hallway and closing the door behind me.

“Hey…” She said slowly, this was going to be hard.

“I wanted to apologize for my behavior today, it was unwarranted and I am sorry I was so rude.” I waited for her to say something.

“Thank you…” She said softly after a minute.

“Listen, I’d like to take you to dinner.” I let it sit.

“Joey I-” I couldn’t hear no.

“Please?” I waited, I heard her sigh and then I waited another second.

I will not beg, I will not beg…

“Anything in mind?”

~*~3 days later~*~

“Thanks for the dinner.” She fiddled with her skirt on her lap as I drove her back to her car.

“Yes, it was the least I could do.” The conversation had flowed until we got into the car to go home. Suddenly the ending of the night was scary, like I would never see her again. We rode in silence up the driveway; she was out of the car before I could open her door. “Would you like a drink? Maybe some coffee?” I watched as she stood away from me.

Deer caught in the headlights, was all that came to mind. She considered the option for a moment and then took a step closer to me.

“I would love some coffee.” Her voice was small but she still walked towards me. I unlocked the door and stood in the doorway until she had made it through. I closed the door and hit the lights on slowly as I made my way towards the kitchen. I started making the coffee thinking she was right behind me. I turned and saw no one.

“This is magnificent.” She called out, I followed her voice to the den and I could see her eyeing the bible I had gotten from Vatican City. 

“Yeah, we met the pope, he gave us a blessing. Great honor.” I leaned against the wall and watched her eye, touch and admire a lot of the memories I had brought home from my trips abroad. I could smell her light floral scent move away from me, I moved with it. I watched her legs move in the baby blue strappy heels that hugged her pedicure’d feet accenting her legs curving up to that tight, round ass I just wanted to reach out and…

NO!

I pulled back my hand but continued to follow her scent. She had said nothing is this short amount of time and I could feel myself follow her around the room. I closed my eyes taking in one more whiff. I hadn’t realized how close I was until I felt her warmness bump into me. She gasped as I opened my eyes, watching her whirl in front of me.

“I’m sorry… I just… I-I…” I stammered on lifting my hands in defense. In that second I was lost and all I could see was this little frame of a person jumped into my arms. I caught her and held her close. He hands were on the sides of my face; pulling herself close to me she kissed me.

There it was again.

That shock, that surge through my body and I could feel every inch of her body that I held against my body. She was smaller than I thought, suddenly mind flooded with all the things I could do to her small sexy frame, it was better than I had expected I felt her pull away and I held her tight, her legs wrapped around me and her arms around my neck our tongues fighting against each other. I pushed her up against the wall running my hand up her leg, up her thigh and grabbing that round ass.

“Wait!” She yelled suddenly pulling back. “I-” She stopped herself; she pulled away from me, her body sliding down mine. “I am so sorry.” She shook her head trying to collect. My breath was still ragged and I could see the struggle for her to walk.

“Lola…” I said reaching for her as she passed by me in a daze. She looked at me and I couldn’t help myself. I swooped down and grabbed her pinning her back against the wall. The moan of approval could be heard from her throat, she wrapped her legs around me again and we continued from where we had just left off.

The mess of our bodies finally hit the ground and she rolled on top of me. Her lips were soft and the taste of her was intoxicating mint mixed with honey and warm cinnamon.

“We have to stop… what are we doing?” She slowly pulled away from me. “I have to go.” She sounded confused; I didn’t stop her this time. I lay on the floor staring at the ceiling.

“What now…” I said softly as the front door closed and she was gone.

~*~A week later~*~

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“I’M COMING!” I grumbled I had been in the studio all week and I just wanted to sleep in this Sunday. I dragged my ass out of bed slowly wrapping the robe around my body and walked down the stairs.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“WHAT!?” I yelled opening the door, I saw Lola and her eyes getting big as saucers. “No, I’m sorry. It was just a late night.” I shook my head. “Come in, please.” I closed my robe and stepped to the side, she walked in with 2 cups of coffee and a small pink box.

“Good morning.” She said brightly passing by me with a smile on her face.

Good morning indeed…

I slammed the door and followed her into the kitchen, she sat on one of the bar stools and opened the pink box.

“I got you a chocolate bear claw and me a chocolate éclair.” She said putting the bear claw on napkin and pushed it towards me. I took the pastry and leaned against the counter and watched her.

“So… to what to I owe this pleasure?” I watched her trying to avoid me, it was a little maddening but I could feel the tension despite the cheery dispositions.

“Listen, I-I don’t want to keep fighting this.” She looked at me, this was new between the phone calls, conversations, dinner…

“I don’t follow…” I shook my head, I followed I just wanted to see where she went with this. She rolled her eyes at me.

“What’s going on between us, Joey, clearly are coming quick to a crossroads. We cannot continue to see each other professionally.” She shook her head taking a sip of her coffee. I didn’t like where this was going.

“You’re saying?” I questioned.

Her face held firm and she thought her next thought through.

“I’m not going to say it, I’m not going to say anything...” She looked to the side and sighed deeply, she turned on the bar stool and made her way to leave. “I must have made a mistake, I apologize for such an early wake up call.” She grabbed her purse, she wouldn’t look at me. I didn’t understand, why… why was she leaving?

Don’t go…” I whispered; she must not have heard me while she dug through her purse.

“Our professional relationship has come to an end… I know of some highly regarded people in the field, I’ve made a few calls, only the best.” She moved to leave a card on the counter top.

“Please don’t go.” I looked at her, she looked away. I couldn’t tell but it looked like tears were forming. “Stay, I understand, I don’t know what it is. The psychical attraction, it keeps me awake at night.” I watched her face, my eyes roaming down her curves that showed off wonderfully in the shorts and light fitting tee shirt.

“I don’t want to just be like that.”

“We’ll work it out.” I pulled her into a hug. “It will be okay.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: rehab joey