Chapter 4

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

“Can I help you?” A tall burly looking Mexican guy opened up the door and I knew we were in the right place.

“JOEY! COME ON IN!” Lola had stuck her head out of the kitchen. “Move…  Juan.” She said standing out and looking at him.

“Hello Joey, my name is Juan.” His handshake was firm and for a second I was afraid she wasn’t single.

“Come on.” She said walking into the kitchen. My mind wandered over her body, tight black sofee shorts, and a tight fitting blue shirt that clung to her breasts. I shook my head.

NO!

“You want a soda?” She asked wiping her hands on a dishcloth after she has washed her hands. People were coming in and out of the small 2 bedroom apartment. They all seemed so happy... “Joey?” She asked looking at me more closely.

I shook my head yes. “Yeah, a soda’s fine.” I said, she looked at me for a second longer and then moved to the fridge.

“I GOT 20 BUCKS YOU CANT EAT HER SALSA!” Juan yelled laughing at Chris as they were both walking into the kitchen. She laughed, her eyes gleamed for a second and I wanted to take her in my arms and-

“Oh no, I got a 100 on 5 seconds.” She said laughing pulling the salsa from the fridge. Juan took the container from her. He pulled chip after chip after chip from the bowl in front of him, eating the red sauce. Swell had built up on his bald head and I wasn’t sure if it was from the cooking, the salsa, or the people that had gathered to watch.

“A 100? Man that is easy money.” Chris said getting a chip.

“Wait, I’m going to warn you now. Beer will only make it worse.” She said pulling a hundred out of her bra and slamming it on the island she was preparing her food from.

“I got this.” Chris said dipping the chip in the salsa, he smelled it and took a big bite. I watched as he started to chew, I could see him pause… he looked sick.

“He’s going to hold out watch…” Juan said laughing just as Chris stood over the sink and spit it out.

“HOT!” he squealed, searching for something to quench his thirst. Lola laughed offering him the full pitcher of water.

“Thank you for playing boys… pay up.” She looked at Juan and another guy standing next to him.

“He’s a wimp.” Juan mumbled and handed her the money letting out a loud joyous laugh.

The day flowed with such ease and I found it easier to be around the group, my hermit crab ways made me want to hide and go home, but being around Lola was slowly making that go away.

“Where you going?” She asked Juan as he came out holding a white shirt striped in baby blue. “I will not iron that for you.” She said suddenly not paying attention to him anymore.

“I’ll take out the trash.” He said holding out to her.

“That was low.” She said getting up.

“I love you too.” He blew kisses her way as she made her way to a room in the back. I sat on the couch and watched her walk away, I wanted to join her but something said to wait. “It’s okay, you can go with her.” Juan replied to the question that had not been asked. I shook my head and stood up watching the light shine in from a room.

I heard music and laughter mixed with talking. I pushed the door open with my foot and saw Lola on the bed ironing a shirt talking to a taller, skinny man I had met earlier name Carlos.

“Should I-“

“No.”

“What about the-“

“Yes, but I say wear the black Polo’s and not the ones you wear to work.”

She finished ironing the shirt just as Juan came back in from taking out the trash.

“Okay, hurry up.” She said standing up, I watched as the moved around it looked like a mess of nothingness, but I could see as they dressed Lola had pulled the shirts on both of the men, pulled out shoes, and even accessories. They moved around her and it fit. She took care of them and you could see this had been done before.

“No fighting, no gagging, no grabbing, no violence of any kind. I do NOT want to have to come and pick you up from anywhere.” She said putting the watches on each of them.

They shook their heads saying yes and kissing her cheek on the way out. She cleaned the room and I noticed pictures of her with many people, but this one guy stood out from the rest.

He was in every shot she was in, always with his arm around her as if trying to never let her go. I could see her happy face, she stared up at him with such joy and admiration. You could just see the love they shared even if it was just in a picture.

“That’s Javi, he was my first love.” She sighed looking over the pictures, I saw in her eyes what I had seen every day for the last year and some odd months. The pain of a lost love, one and the sorrow of never being able to see them again.

“Movie?” She asked pulling a big armoire open and revealing a large TV with a bunch of movies under it. I sat on the bed and watched her ramble through the DVD cases trying to find something she would like. “Uh… Belly?” She asked pulling out an all white case. I shook my head, since we had been alone I think I spoke like 10 words to her. “You can chill its okay.” She said raising her hands in defeat.  

We watched the movie in silence, I had moved onto the bed and laid next to her, it was nice to feel someone warm against me again. Not just in a sexual manner but I could really feel her next to me, even if I couldn’t see her I always knew she would be there. I could smell her shampoo, floral mixed with a light scent of perfume. It was distinctly and uniquely hers, I leaned over and took a bigger sniff.

I opened my eyes and could see her hazel ones staring right at me. I wanted to back off, but I read it in her face.

She wants me to kiss her…

I moved in slowly giving her the time she needed to back away.

She didn’t.

I could feel her warm breath on me as our lips met. I could feel the gasp of air she took quickly after our lips met. The shock was intense, it flowed. This was the way it was meant to happen. I could feel the heat start in the core of my body. Everything in me was screaming take her take her I knew it was wrong so I backed off.

“I think I should go.” I stood from the bed and walked to the door, I looked back and saw her looking at me.

“Yeah…” She said standing up, I hurried out of the room and into the living and out the front door.

What the fuck are you thinking?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: rehab joey