NO!

WAIT!

Jessica…

He jumped straight in his bed, the sweat rolling down his face and he knew he had had the same dream.

Again.

How long ago had it been? How much time had really gone by?

He forgot.

It seemed like just yesterday he got the news… the news of his beloved. Killed in an auto accident on her way to…

NO!

He stood up from the bed and wondered over to the window and watched as the birds fluttered around in the backyard. Flocking around the bird feeders Jessica had…

STOP!

His thoughts never seemed to stray, he always thought of the same thing and it was impossible to get his mind on anything else but his… beloved.

He pulled his robe on walking through the dark and dismal house, the large house he had bought for them to share.

Their pictures, he gazed softly at their smiling faces and their warm embracing pictures, how wonderful they looked together. They were the perfect couple.

Were…

Swiping his hand across the mantle he sent the pictures flying into the air and onto the floor, he screamed for the loss of his love. The pain he could no longer contain. That was it…

He walked back towards the kitchen and pulled a bottle of the whiskey he had been drinking since losing his love…

He drank.

Drank to cleanse his soul, body, mind of the one that was forced away from him so suddenly.

He drank.

Like so many times before… he drank to try and make the pain go away.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: rehab joey