“Dad, what’s wrong with momma?” Brayden asked looking up at Justin.

“Nothing Bray, come on, let’s go eat in the kitchen.” Justin said as he stood up and grabbed Brayden’s plate and pulled his chair out for him. Brayden followed Justin into the other room and left the other four adults sitting at the table in a confused silence.


Justin walked back thru the dining room after getting Brayden settled and stopped briefly looking at Lynn, “I’m sorry momma, but I’m not going to be forced into doing something that major. Now, Brayden’s eating in the kitchen, and I’m going upstairs to check on Abby and then to make arrangements to fly home in the morning.”

“Justin you don’t have to do that.” Lynn pleaded.

“I don’t want to, but this trip has been nothing but stressful for Abby and she doesn’t need it.” Justin said turning to leave ending the conversation and leaving a distraught Lynn behind.


Justin came upstairs and laid down beside me pulling me into him, and just held me not saying a word. I clung to him, trying to figure out how everything had gotten so messed up over the past couple of days. There was absolutely no way I would have survived everything that happened, had Justin not been so selfless with it all; and that broke my heart more than anything, because I know how much he was looking forward to coming home and spending time with his family. “I’m so sorry.” I cried as I looked up at him.

Justin took his hand and wiped away the tears running down my face as he shushed me, “You have nothing to be sorry for Abs. Stop.”

“I’m sorry for ruining your Thanksgiving and…” I started before Justin quieted me again.

“Baby, you did not ruin anything, please stop.” Justin said pulling me up and lighting kissing me on the mouth, brushing the hair out of my face.

“I just know how important it was for you to come spend some time with your family.” I sighed pulling away from his kiss.

“Do you have any idea how important you and this baby and Brayden are to me?” Justin asked placing his hand over my stomach.

“Yeah, but it’s not the same…” I started before Justin interrupted, “You’re right it’s not, you guys are my life now, and my momma understands that and that’s all that really matters.”

“I love you.” I sighed snuggling closer to Justin.

“I love you too, and I’m going to make arrangements to go home tomorrow.” Justin said leaning his forehead into mine.

“Please don’t miss time with your family because of me.” I begged burying my head into his chest.

“You are my family, what don’t you get about that?” Justin sighed rubbing his hands up and down my back trying to reassure me.

“Please don’t, can you just bring Brayden up here?” I asked not wanting Justin to sacrifice time with his family.

“Of course.” Justin said as he lightly kissed me before getting up and disappearing out the door.



A few minutes later Justin showed up with Brayden who was animatedly chatting about his dinner and how great the dessert was the ‘gram’ made him. “Bray why don’t you lay down and watch a movie with momma while I go talk to Grandma Lynn.” Justin suggested as he sat Brayden down on the bed beside me.

“Momma can we watch Inspector Gadget?” Brayden asked looking up at me with his big blue eyes.

“We’ll see what’s on.” I smiled down at him as I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him closer to me.
Justin quietly made his way back downstairs to talk to his mom, and make arrangements for the following day, leaving Brayden and I alone.


I must have fallen asleep, because I woke up to a completely dark room and Justin asleep beside me, his arm splayed across my stomach, holding onto me. I smiled down at him, caressing his hand lightly, when my stomach growled breaking me from my thoughts. I remembered that I hadn’t eaten all day, and slowly untangled myself from Justin’s grasp tiptoeing out of the room in search of something to eat.


I made my way into the kitchen and fumbled with the light, jumping back slightly when it came on, not realizing Lynn was sitting at the table with a cup of tea. “I didn’t mean to scare you.” Lynn said smiling slightly up at me.

“I’m sorry…I just…uh I was just going to get something to eat.” I said feeling my face flush.

“Oh of course, let me get you something,” Lynn said immediately jumping up, “you haven’t ate all day.”

“That’s really not necessary.” I mumbled trying to stop Lynn from doting on me.

“You’re pregnant, you need to eat. Sit.” Lynn said turning all motherly on me. I just nodded and sat down, letting her take over.

After a few moments of intense silence I decided I better speak up, “I’m really sorry about everything.” I muttered playing with my hands, refusing to look up at Lynn.

“Oh, honey it’s not your fault.” Lynn said turning around after she put my plate into the microwave to warm it up.

“And I want you to know that I’m not against marrying Justin.” I said still refusing to look up at her.

“Oh I know that’s not the case either.” Lynn said sitting down across from me and taking my hands in hers.

“I love him more than anything.” I said as a few tears started to slowly make their way down my face.

“Oh, honey I know.” Lynn soothed.

“I’d marry him tomorrow if it would make everything right with your family.” I sobbed.

“Do you want to get married?” Lynn asked softly, causing me to glance up at her.

“Of course I do,” I cried taking my hands back and wiping my face, “It’s just not a good time for Justin.”

“Have you told Justin you want to get married?” Lynn asked as the microwave beeped, signaling my food was done.

“I’m sure he knows.” I muttered as Lynn sat a plate of leftovers in front of me, sitting back down.

“I’m not so sure, sometimes men need a little help figuring things out.” Lynn smiled at me as I took a bite of food.

“I don’t want to stress him out anymore, or make him feel like he has to marry me.” I sighed continuing to eat.

“Trust me, he loves you, and he will never do anything he doesn’t want.” Lynn tried to reassure me.

“Exactly and he hasn’t asked me to marry him.” I whispered, getting up and taking my plate to the sink.

“I don’t think it’s because he doesn’t want to.” Lynn frowned up at me, causing me to shake my head lightly at her.

“All I’m saying is I think you should talk to him and tell him how you feel,” Lynn smiled as she stood up, “but I’m going up to bed, just think about what I said okay?” I nodded slightly and followed her slowly out of the kitchen and back up to bed, even more confused.


The next morning I woke up to Justin over top of me smiling down at me as he brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. “Hey.” I smiled slightly up at him.

“Hey, I didn’t mean to wake you, but you have to get ready so we can go to the airport.”Justin said softly.

“Justin! I told you not to cut your time with you family short because of me.” I glared up at him.

“Stop. It’s done and we’re not going to argue about it.” Justin sighed.

“How much time do I have?” I asked not wanting to argue with him, and secretly glad to be leaving to go back home.

“About an hour, go shower and I’ll go get Brayden ready.” Justin smiled getting up.

“Hey Jus,” I said stopping Justin and causing him to turn back and look at me with raised eyebrows, “Thank you.” I sighed.

“Anything for you.” Justin smiled, making his way back over to me and kissing me softly.


We got out of the house without much fuss and made it to the airport right on time. I sat down and was coloring with Brayden while Justin went to pick up our tickets. “Come on.” Justin smiled as he made his way back over towards us, and offered me his hand to help me up.

I stood up and gathered Brayden’s things and put into his backpack as Justin picked Brayden up. Justin wrapped his free arm around my waist and guided me towards security. We quickly made our way thru security and then Justin started to lead us to the terminal. “Where are we going?” I asked confused seeing we were headed nowhere towards Orlando.

“It’s a surprise.” Justin grinned down at me.

“Justin, I’m tired, I just want to go home.” I sighed not in the mood for whatever shenanigans he was planning.

“Come here.” Justin sighed, pulling me off to the side of the busy hall, and setting Brayden down on the floor beside me, as he dug the tickets out of his back pocket and handed them to me.

I looked down at them, before quickly jerking my head back up to look at Justin, “Seattle?” Justin’s face broke into a grin, “I thought you might like to go see your mom.”

“Justin.” I said my voice cracking as I threw myself at him. Justin wrapped his arms around my waist catching me smiling at my reaction. “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.” I cried out clinging to him.

“It’s nothing, I’m just trying to make up the past couple days to you.” Justin smiled down at me.

“You didn’t have to do this, but thank you so much.” I all but squealed up at him.

“You’re welcome.” Justin smiled and lightly kissed me.


“What’s going on Momma?” Brayden asked tugging on the hem of my shirt, breaking out intimate moment. I pulled away from Justin smiling, as I bent down to pick Brayden up, “We’re going to go see Grandma.” I said hugging Brayden.

“Really?” Brayden asked his eyes lighting up.

“Yeah baby.” I said kissing him and smiling up at Justin.

“God, I love seeing you two so happy.” Justin sighed wrapping the two of us into a hug.

“Well you make us happy.” I sighed laying my head on his shoulder, smiling at him.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj