The next morning I woke up and rolled over and cuddled up next to Justin, knowing I needed to get up, but not wanting to. Justin instinctively wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer. I snuggled into his chest, with no intention of moving, when Brayden suddenly burst thru the door and came running towards the bed, “Momma! Momma! Get up! I wanna watch the parade!” I sat up just in time to catch Brayden as he jumped up on the bed, causing Justin to groan and slowly wake up.

 “What’s going on?”Justin groggily asked squinting his eyes.

 “Daaaad, get up! I want to watch the parade!”Brayden exclaimed giggling.

“Baby, why don’t you give us a couple minutes, and we’ll be right down?”I suggested trying to get a moment alone with Justin.

“But Mommmmma….”Brayden whined.

“Brayden go downstairs now! We’ll be down in a few minutes.”Justin said sternly, causing Brayden to hang his head and jump off the bed and make his way towards the door.

“You really need to be nice to him, especially after you punished him last night.”I sighed laying back down on Justin’s chest.

“I’ll go talk to him in a minute, I just wanted to see you first.”Justin groaned as he rolled me over so he was hovering over top of me.

“Mmm.”I mumbled as I pulled Justin down and kissed him.

“Don’t start something, you’re not going to finish.”Justin mumbled against my lips as his fingers brushed against the outside of my panties causing me to squirm beneath him.

“Oh, I’m going to finish it, but let’s go to the shower and save some time.”I whispered as I tried to roll us over.

Justin just chuckled as he climbed off of me and offered me his hand to help me up, “I’m not sure how much time that’ll save, but we can try.”He grinned at me, leading me towards the bathroom.

 

Justin and I finally made our way downstairs to see Brayden sitting in front of the t.v. totally entranced in the parade. I nudged Justin in the side and motioned towards Brayden, noting that no one else was around. Justin nodded and moved towards Brayden, “Hey Bray, what’re you watching?”Justin asked sitting down beside him.

 “The parade.”Brayden shrugged not looking up from the t.v. “Oh yeah? What’s been your favorite part so far?”Justin asked.

“The jungle book song!”Brayden exclaimed, finally looking up at Justin and grinning.

“I love the jungle book!”Justin exclaimed as I smiled and made my way over to them settling myself in between them. I leaned back against Justin, while Brayden laid his head in my lap and continued to watch the parade.

 

Lynn made her way into the living room and saw the three of us sitting on the couch watching the parade, “Oh Abby, you’re up! I thought you might like to help me in the kitchen!”Lynn exclaimed excited as I looked up at her.

“Of course.”I forced a smile as I grabbed Justin’s hand and squeezed it as I started to slowly get up from the couch. I followed Lynn into the kitchen, with Justin hot on my heels.

“Justin, what are you doing? We are trying to get things ready for dinner.”Lynn asked noticing Justin hovering in the doorway.

“I’m hungry.”Justin shrugged as he made his way over to the pantry and pulled out a box of cereal, then pulled the milk out of the fridge, before making his way over to the table pretending to ignore us. I smiled weakly in his direction and mouthed, “Thank you,” as he just nodded and continued to eat his cereal.

 

Lynn and I were busy making sure everything was in order for dinner later, as she was telling me about some of Justin’s antics when he was younger, causing me to relax and forget why I was so apprehensive about the day. Justin was sitting at the table, rolling his eyes at his mom and giving me his goofy grin, while silently protesting to the things his mom was saying. Whether he was doing it on purpose or not, Justin had completely set my mind at ease, causing me to relax for the first time in probably twenty-four hours. That feeling was short lived as I heard Sadie exclaim, “Happy Thanksgiving!” as she walked into the kitchen. I instantly tensed up as I watched her hug Justin, and move over towards Lynn. I immediately walked around the counter avoiding her and towards Justin, “I’m gonna go check on Brayden.”I whispered as I made my way out of the room with Justin hot on my heels.

 

“You okay?”Justin asked as he caught up with me and wrapped his arms around me waist.

“Not really, but I will be.”I said forcing a smile that Justin could instantly see thru.

“Don’t lie to me.”Justin mumbled nuzzling my neck.

“Daaaad.”Brayden giggled as he looked up from the t.v. at us.

“What?”Justin asked chuckling at him.

“Stop hugging Momma.”Brayden said still giggling.

“I don’t want to.”Justin pouted back at Brayden, causing me to giggle.

“Aha, there’s my girls smile.”Justin teased as he looked back down at me and placed a kiss on the corner of my mouth grinning.

“Daaaaad.”Brayden whined again looking up at us.

“Whaaaat?”Justin asked again.

“Stooooooop!”Brayden exclaimed exasperated.

“Alright, how about we go outside and throw around the football?”Justin asked as I just hugged him tighter.

“Yes!”Brayden exclaimed as he jumped up and ran upstairs in search for his shoes and football.

“Jus?”I questioned looking up at him, not wanting to go back into the kitchen by myself.

“We need a referee, come on.”Justin grinned pulling me towards the stairs with him.

“Well I didn’t picture Brayden being there when I played referee.” I mumbled as I broke away from Justin and went to pull one of his hoodies over my head.

“What’d you say?”Justin growled in my ear as he came up behind me and caught me.

“You heard me.”I giggled as I wiggled my hips against Justin, before turning around and sitting down to pull my shoes on.

“Just wait to later.”Justin groaned as he slipped his shoes on also.

“Is that a threat or promise?”I teased.

“Both.”Justin quipped without a second thought, as Brayden came bouncing into the room and jumped on the bed with his football.

 

After we all were dressed we made our back downstairs, and were walking towards the kitchen to go out the back door, when Justin grabbed my hand grinning at me. I smiled slightly at him, hoping to get thru the kitchen as quickly as possible. Brayden made it to the door and pulled it open and was outside, before Justin and I even made it half way thru the kitchen. “Abby, you don’t want to go outside with them, it’s cold, why don’t you stay in here and help us?” Sadie said looking up from the pot she was stirring.

 “I, uh….”I stammered looking for something to say, but having no idea what.

“Brayden asked her to come out with us.”Justin said quickly, ushering me thru the door and shutting it behind him.

“Thank you.”I sighed looking up at him.

“No problem.”Justin grinned as he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my mouth before running off after Brayden. I settled down in the grass, watching Justin and Brayden playfully chasing each other around the yard, and throwing the football back and forth, and couldn’t help but to smile to myself.

 

A little while later Lynn stuck her head out the door and told us to come in and get cleaned up for dinner. I slowly stood up as Justin and Brayden made their way back over to me and smiled weakly up at them. Justin offered me his hand to help me up and as soon as we walked inside I immediately shuffled Brayden up the stairs to wash up, so I could put off the inevitable as long as possible. I got Brayden changed and I started to make my way to the bedroom we were staying in, as Brayden made his way to the bathroom, when Justin came up behind me and put his hands on my waist scaring me causing me to jump. “Hey! It’s just me.” Justin whispered as he ushered me into the bedroom closing the door behind us.

 “Sorry, I’m just a little on edge.” I sighed as I pulled away from him and pulled the hoodie I had on over my head and thru it on the bed.

“Hey, come here.” Justin said softly as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I melted into him at his touch and just let him hold me.

“It’ll be okay. I told you I talked to my Gram, and I took care of it.” Justin said trying to soothe me.

“I just can’t get over the look of hatred she gave me.” I said my voice cracking as I looked up at Justin with tears in my eyes.

“Oh Abs, she doesn’t hate you.” Justin sighed hugging me into his chest. I started to respond but Justin shushed me, “I promise dinner will be fine, I promise nothing will be said, and there will be no looks of hatred and then after dinner we can do whatever you want, just you and me.”Justin said rubbing my back.

“Can we go home?” I asked my voice muffled my Justin’s shirt.

“If dinner is that bad, I promise we can leave in the morning.”Justin said sighing, not wanting to cut his time at home short, but also knowing how upset and uncomfortable I felt.

 

A couple minutes later we finally made our way downstairs, just as everyone was gathering around the table getting ready to sit. I made my way over to Brayden with Justin behind me and made sure that I was sitting in between the two of them. William led us all in grace, before the food started circling the table, and I busied myself with making Brayden’s plate. “I don’t want that!” Brayden exclaimed as I picked up the broccoli casserole. 

“I know baby.” I said smiling at him.

“It won’t hurt him to eat a little.”Justin said over top of me.

“Jus, it’s fine, he’ll eat some corn.”I said nodding to him, causing him to throw his hands up in defeat and drop the conversation.

 

“Abby is that all you’re eating?”Lynn asked as she looked at the small amount of food on my plate.

 “I’m not really hungry.” I shrugged looking down not wanting the attention on me.

“You feeling okay?” Justin whispered as he placed his hand on my leg reassuringly.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I nodded up at him. He nodded, but kept his hand on my leg rubbing it comfortingly.

“Should we all go around saying what we are thankful for, Justin why don’t you go first, since I know there was something you wanted to say.” Sadie said grinning at Justin.

“Not now Gram.”Justin warned shooting her a sideways glance.

“Why not? Now seems like the perfect time.” Sadie said still grinning.

“No.” Justin said firmly hoping to drop the conversation.

“What is going on?” Lynn finally asked causing Justin and Sadie to look up from their staring match.

“Nothing.” Justin said hoping to drop the entire conversation.

“Oh, Justin don’t be silly, say what you have to say.” Sadie prompted.

“Gram I said not now.” Justin said firmly staring Sadie down.

“Justin watch your tone.” Lynn exclaimed, “Now what is going on?”

“Justin and I had a talk last night and came to an agreement and I just think it’s time he follows thru.” Sadie said never taking her eyes off Justin.

“It’s not going to happen today. Now drop it.” Justin said raising his voice as he stood up, as everyone else just looked on baffled.

“Justin, sit down.” Paul finally spoke up glancing at Justin. I sat there completely baffled and reached for Justin’s hand not wanting him to leave me alone with his family. Justin looked down at me and his face softened and he lightly squeezed my hand as he sat back down.

“Gram, it’s not going to happen today, now please drop it.” Justin pleaded.

“I don’t see why not, now seems like a perfect time, you agreed and you have everything you need and the whole family is here.” Sadie said as everyone else just stared on speechless.

“I never actually agreed and I definitely didn’t say when.” Justin said getting frustrated again.

“Will one of you please stop and tell us what is going on!” William exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air frustrated.

“I gave Justin a ring last night and he agreed to propose!” Sadie finally exclaimed exasperated as the whole room went silent as everyone just looked on dumbfounded.

“Wha….at?” I stuttered finally breaking the silence.

“Jesus Christ Sadie! Leave the two kids alone, they’re fine, they’ll get married when they damn well please!” William bellowed as tears started to slowly fill my eyes.

“E…excuse me.” I mumbled as I slowly stood up and made my way out of the room completely baffled and not knowing what else to say or do. I made my way upstairs and closed the bedroom door before I finally collapsed on the bed and let the tears start to flow.

Chapter End Notes:
I've been doing a lot of writing lately, with this and some new stuff....so please let me know what you think; it keeps me motivated :-)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj