The next Tuesday morning Justin, Brayden, and I all sleepily made our way onto the plane headed for Tennessee. Justin was excited and telling Brayden about all the things they were going to do, and all the things he was going to show him when we got there. I on the other hand immediately fell into my seat and snuggled into Justin’s shoulder trying to go back to sleep, having not got much the night before. Justin grinned at me and grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly in a reassuring way as he continued to chatter excitedly with Brayden. I fell asleep right after we took off, and the next thing I knew Justin was lightly shaking me awake telling me we had landed.

I groaned as I slowly got up and grabbed my carry-on and slowly followed Justin and Brayden out of the terminal and into the busy airport. I lagged slightly behind them as we all made our way to the baggage claim causing Justin to stop, “Everything okay?”

“Yeah I’m just a little queasy, I think I just need a drink, will you get the bags and I’ll meet you in a minute?”I asked.

“Sure.”Justin smiled kissing my temple and grabbing Brayden’s hand and continuing on his way. I made my way over to the gift shop and grabbed a Gatorade and took a long drink before making my way back over to the boys.

“Come on Momma! Daddy says that he’s going to take me four wheelin’.”Brayden excitedly exclaimed as I walked up to them.

I just raised my eyebrows at Justin questioning what Brayden had just said. “I have helmets, and I promise to be really careful and to go really sloooow.”Justin hurried up and tried to cover his tracks so he didn’t get in trouble.

“I don’t believe you, but I’m too sick to care right now.”I sighed as he wrapped his arm around me comfortingly and started to slowly make his way towards the exit of the airport.


Lynn had dropped Justin’s truck off the night before so she didn’t have to interrupt her busy day to come and pick us up. I immediately climbed in and laid my head against the window leaving Justin to put all our luggage in the back and get Brayden strapped in. “You sure you’re okay?”Justin asked as he slid into the driver’s seat and reached over and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

“It’s just morning sickness Jus, can we please go, I just wanna lie down.”I almost whined looking over at him.

“K.”Justin sighed pulling his hand back and putting the truck in gear and making his way towards the interstate.
I was miserable as Justin continued to drive, and listening to Brayden excitedly chatter nonstop from the back seat wasn’t doing much to comfort me. When Justin finally pulled off the interstate and started weaving thru back country roads I couldn’t take it anymore. I was never one to get car sick, but I knew this wasn’t so much from the roads. “Jus, pull over.”I managed to choke out as I grabbed onto his arm and grabbed the door handle with the other.

“Wha?” Justin started bewildered, but pulled over anyway. As soon as he had slowed down, I already had the door open leaning out of it, puking. Justin immediately put the car in park and leaned over to brush the hair out of my face and rub my back comfortingly.

“Momma, what’s wrong?”Brayden asked confused from the back seat. I couldn’t answer as I continued to empty the contents of my stomach. Finally I sat back up doing my best to try and hide my stress and the emotions that were coursing thru my body.

“Better?”Justin asked softly caressing my cheek with his thumb.

“Can we just go.” I asked as I shook my head no and laid my head back on the seat closing my eyes, trying to find comfort.


I made Justin pull over one more time before we finally arrived at his mom’s house. Justin got out and got Brayden out before coming around to help me. Brayden had already made his way to the door and was knocking on it furiously, excited about getting to see where his dad grew up. Justin helped me out of the truck and I followed slowly behind him. Lynn had opened the door and was gushing over Brayden and started to reach for Justin to pull him into a hug as I brushed past Justin squeezing his side, “Bathroom?”I asked frantically.

“Down the hall, last door on the right.”Justin sighed watching me run down the hall as Lynn looked on baffled.

“Morning sickness?”Lynn asked sympathetically looking back at Justin.

“Yeah, she was up all night uncomfortable, she slept on the plane, but every since we got off she’s been sick.”Justin sighed running a hand thru his hair frustrated.

“It’ll be okay.”Lynn smiled pulling Justin into a hug, reading her sons face and knowing he needed it. “Why don’t you go check on her, and then take her upstairs to lie down, and I’ll take Brayden into the kitchen to help me with the cookies in the oven.”Lynn said pulling away from Justin and offering her hand to an excited Brayden.

“Abbey?”I heard Justin say as he lightly knocked on the door.

“Come in.”I sighed standing up and making my way to the sink to splash some water on my face.

“You okay?”Justin asked softly slipping into the room and walking up behind me putting his arms around my waist. I just shook my head as I leaned back on him with my eyes closed.

“Come on let’s go lay down.”Justin said softly as he guided me towards the door and out into the hallway. I followed Justin up the stairs and into his old bedroom, where we were going to be staying, and sat down on the bed as I waited for him to bring our suitcases up.


Justin came back up and pulled one of his t-shirts and a pair of basketball shorts out of his suitcase and handed to me, “Why don’t you change?” I just nodded as I took the clothes from him and immediately slipped out of my clothes and into his letting his smell surround me.

“Come here.”Justin motioned as he pulled the covers down and motioned for me to get in.

I did as he asked and grabbed onto his hand before he could walk away, “Please don’t go.”I almost whispered, not wanting to be alone.

“I’m not going anywhere.”Justin whispered climbing into bed beside me and wrapping his arms around me, humming to me softly as he gently caressed my stomach instantly setting me at ease, and causing me to fall to sleep a few minutes later.


Once he was sure I was asleep, Justin gently got up and tiptoed to the door and made his way downstairs to see what everyone else was doing. “Daaaaad! Grandma Lynn makes the best cookies, you HAVE to taste one!”Brayden excitedly exclaimed as Justin walked into the kitchen.

“I know.”Justin chuckled as he took the cookie Brayden was offering him and took a big bite before making his way to the fridge to pour himself a glass of milk.

“How’s Abbey?”Lynn asked wiping her hands on the dish towel.

“She’s sleeping, I don’t know she’s been really sick lately because of the baby, she said it was never that bad with Bray. I feel bad, I don’t know what to do for her.”Justin sighed, sitting down at the counter beside Brayden.

“Just be there for her, and try to make her as comfortable as possible, there’s not really much more you can do.”Lynn smiled sympathetically at her son.

“I know, I just hate seeing her so miserable.”Justin grumbled as Lynn shook her head at him.

“Stop pouting,” Lynn reprimanded, as Justin just rolled his eyes in response.

Lynn just glared at him before finally changing the subject, “Well I need to start dinner, why don’t you boys go outside for a while. Brayden said something about the two of you getting out the four wheeler?”

“Yeah! Can we dad?”Brayden asked jumping up from his seat.

“Yeah, run and get your jacket and boots.”Justin laughed as he also got up in search of some warmer clothes.


A little over an hour later a muddy Brayden and Justin made their way back into the kitchen thru the sliding door grinning from ear to ear. “Justin get those boots off before you track mud all over my house!”Lynn shrieked at the sight of the two boys.

Justin just smiled sheepishly as he kicked his boots off and helped Brayden off with his before stepping back into the kitchen, “Sorry, Momma.”

“Dinner will be ready in about twenty minutes, why don’t you two go take a quick shower.”Lynn suggested as she stirred the pot on the stove.

“Alright come on Bray.” Justin said as he picked up Brayden and started to make his way towards the stairs.

“Oh, and Justin, when you get out of the shower see how Abbey is feeling and see if she wants some dinner, she really should eat.”Lynn called after Justin as he made his way up the stairs.


After showering, Justin got Brayden dressed and sent him back downstairs before he made his way back into his bedroom. He tiptoed in and changed into clean clothes as quietly as he could, seeing that I was still asleep. Once he was dressed he contemplated just letting me sleep, but finally decided his mom was right and that I probably did need to eat. “Abbey.”Justin said as he lightly brushed a piece of hair out of my face.

“Abs?”Justin asked when I didn’t respond.

“Baby.”Justin said lightly shaking my shoulder finally causing me to stir from my sleep.

“Mmm.”I moaned as I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him confused.

“Hey, dinner’s about ready, and my mom wanted me to check on you and see if you wanted to eat.”Justin softly said as he placed a gentle kiss on my cheek.

“Mmmm….food is the absolute last thing I want.”I groaned looking up at him.

“You sure? You should probably eat something.”Justin asked grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers.

“I still don’t feel that great, I just want to go back to sleep,”I whined staring up at him, “I’d like a drink though.”

“What do you want?”Justin asked softly.

“Just some water.”I said as he nodded and squeezed my hand before letting it go.

“I’ll be right back.”Justin smiled as he made his way towards the door.


A few minutes later Justin made his way back into the room with a glass of water and some crackers, “Mom thought you might want to try to get a little something on your stomach.”Justin said holding up the crackers as he placed them on the nightstand and handed me the glass of water.

“She must think I’m horrible, all locked up in here and not socializing.”I sighed instantly feeling bad.

“Shh, no she doesn’t Abs, she understands, trust me.”Justin soothed as he gently rubbed his hand up and down my back trying to comfort me.

“How’s Brayden?”I asked sighing as I turned to look up at him.

“He’s fine, he’s having a blast, we went out for a little ride, and he helped my mom make cookies.”Justin said as he grabbed the glass of water out of my hand and set it down on the table.

“Good I feel bad leaving him alone.”I sighed lying back down.

“He’s fine, and he’s not alone.”Justin chuckled tucking the blankets back around me. I just pouted looking up at Justin, upset that I was so sick, and that I hadn’t seen Brayden all day, and that I was being a bad house guest.

“I promise, he’s fine. Do you need anything else before you go back to sleep?”Justin asked.

“No.” I sighed leaning into his hand that was resting on my pillow.

“Do you want me to stay until you fall back asleep?”Justin asked noticing my solemn demeanor.

“No, you said dinner was almost ready, and I’m already being a bad house guest, we don’t both need to be.”I sighed refusing to look up at him.

“Stop,” Justin sternly said turning my face so I would look at him, “My mom understands why you’re up here, and I will stay with you if you want me to.”Justin said forcing me to look at him.

“No it’s okay, go eat, and make sure Brayden is okay, he’s not use to being in a new place around people he doesn’t know that well.” I sighed turning back away from Justin.

“He’s fine!”Justin exclaimed getting slightly frustrated with me. I just pulled the covers farther up around me and didn’t acknowledge that Justin had even spoken.

“I’m going to go eat, but as soon as dinner is over I’m coming back up here to check on.”Justin sighed leaning down and placing a kiss on the side of my head before getting up off the bed and making his way towards the door.


The next morning I woke up starving, but feeling better than I had in a couple days. I rolled over and noticed Justin gone, and sighed as I slowly got out of bed and made my way downstairs in search of him. I walked into the kitchen to see Lynn standing over the stove cooking, and Justin, Brayden, and Paul all sitting at the table laughing about something. “Hey! How you feeling?”Justin asked as he jumped up and made his way over to me wrapping his arms around me.

“Much better.”I smiled up at him.

“Good.”Justin whispered as he bent down and lightly kissed me.

“Stop.”I giggled as I pulled away shyly and looked around the room as Justin just laughed at me.

“It’s fine.”Lynn laughed, “Are you hungry? You didn’t eat anything at all yesterday?”

“Starving.”I said causing her to smile.

“Well sit down, it’ll just be a couple more minutes. Justin get the girl some juice.”Lynn said as she continued her work.

I smiled as I made my way over to the table and picked up Brayden, “How’s my boy?” I asked as I kissed him.

“Good,” Brayden giggled, “I missed you yesterday.” “I know, I missed you too baby.”I sighed as I kissed him again and sat him back down in his chair as Justin handed me a glass of orange juice.

“Thanks.”I grinned as he sat down beside me and grabbed my hand grinning back at me.


“Here you go.”Lynn smiled as she sat a plate down in front of me. Justin immediately reached over and took a piece of bacon and popped it in his mouth as I just rolled my eyes playfully at him.

“Justin, leave her alone, she needs to eat and I’m getting yours!”Lynn reprimanded smacking him on the top of the head as he sheepishly ducked his head smiling.

Finally Lynn had served everyone else and sat down at the table to join us, “So, Abbey, what were you
thinking of getting into today? I think the guys are going to hit the driving range.” Lynn said looking up at me.

“Oh you are?”I asked glancing at Justin.

“Well Paul asked, and we haven’t had much time to play together lately, and Brayden wanted to check it out, but if you want me to stay here I will.”Justin said hurriedly; I could tell he wanted to go, but also didn’t want to make me upset, or leave me by myself.

“That’s fine,”I smiled at him before looking over at Lynn, “I was thinking I could help you get some stuff ready for tomorrow anyways, I feel bad about last night.”

“Oh, don’t worry about last night,” Lynn said dismissing my comment, “But, I would love some help in the kitchen today.”She said smiling as I just nodded.

“Justin’s grandma is gonna stop by later and help too.”She said as Justin interrupted us.

“Gram’s coming today? Maybe I should stay here…”Justin trailed off glancing back and forth between his mom and me.

“Why?”I asked suddenly weary of the situation.

“Oh Justin, it’ll be fine, go to the driving range, I can handle Grandma.”Lynn said shaking her head at her son.

“What exactly is there to handle?”I asked grabbing Justin’s knee under the table. Justin’s hand immediately found my and grabbed onto it squeezing it reassuringly.

“Nothing, she’s just old fashioned and she’s going to make it clear that you two should already be married.”Lynn said as if it was no big deal.

“I will stay here with you if you want. I know how to handle my Gram.”Justin whispered in my ear so his mom wouldn’t interrupt him again.

I wasn’t going to lie the thought of being interrogated by an old woman and told how I should live my life was a little intimidating, but this was Justin’s family and like it or not I was going to have to face them sometime so I just shrugged slightly and almost whispered, “It’s fine, it shouldn’t be a big deal,” as I refused to make eye contact with Justin.

Justin knew I was lying, but also knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere with his mom and Paul sitting at the table so he dropped the subject for the time being and just continued to hold my hand, rubbing his thumb back and forth across the back of it reassuringly.


A few minutes later I had followed Justin upstairs as he went to get him and Brayden ready to go out for the day. I sighed as I plopped down on the bed and watched Justin as he pulled a sweater on over his t-shirt. “Are you sure you’re okay with me going? I will stay if you want.”Justin said walking over and sitting down beside me.

“No, you want to go, it’s fine, go have fun.”I sighed as I curled up beside him and wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning into him.

“My gram is harmless, she’s just going to pester you as to why we aren’t married yet.”Justin said wrapping his arms around me and resting his chin on top of my head.

“I’ll survive, I really just miss you.”I said hugging him tighter.

“I’m right here.”Justin said pulling back slightly and forcing my chin up to look at him.

“I know, I just feel like I didn’t see you at all yesterday.”I sighed glancing down willing a few stray tears away.

“Abs, I’m not going anywhere, I’m here for you no matter what, and if you want me to stay and help you and my mom and gram cook today I will, and if you don’t feel good and want to sleep all day, I’ll lay beside all day if that’s what you want.”Justin soothed gently caressing my face.

“No, I’m just being stupid.”I sighed as I shook my head and leaned in and hugged him tighter.

“It’s not stupid, especially if you’re this upset over it.”Justin whispered kissing my ear and then slowly moving down to my neck.

“I’m just being clingy because I’m pregnant, it’s fine, take Bray and go out with Paul.”I chuckled a little as I dipped my head back giving Justin better access to my neck. Justin continued his assault on my neck as a slid over so I was straddling him, until I couldn't take it any longer and grabbed his face with both of my hands and brought his face to mine kissing him feverishly. I moaned slightly into Justin’s mouth as I shifted to get more comfortable and felt him bulging beneath me waiting to break free of his pants.

“Mmm, I missed you yesterday.”Justin mumbled against my lips as he laid back on the bed pulling me with him.


“Justin are you ready to go, Brayden won’t stop harassing me…..”Paul trailed off as he stopped in the doorway and saw us. My face instantly turned beet red and I rolled off of Justin and buried my face in the comforter trying to ignore Paul.

“Yeah, give me two minutes and I’ll be down.”Justin chuckled placing a hand on my back.

“Alright, Brayden’s ready. Glad to see you’re feeling better Abbey.”Paul smirked as he turned and made his way back down the hall. I just groaned into the bed as Justin laughed and poked me in the ribcage.

“Come on, it’s fine.”Justin laughed pulling me up and back to him.

“I am such a bad house guest.”I groaned burying my head in Justin’s chest.

“No you’re not, they don’t care, and honestly they’d probably be concerned if we didn’t act like that.”Justin laughed.

“Sure, you’re their son, they can’t hate you…”I said rolling my eyes at him.

“Trust me they don’t hate you, and they never will. Stop worrying so much.”Justin smiled as he leaned down and placed a soft, simple kiss on my mouth.

“Fine. Now go, before I rip your clothes off.”I said kissing Justin once more before standing up.

“Hmm, maybe I don’t want to go now.”Justin said following me and wrapping his arms around me again.

“Justin we can’t.”I said paranoid and looking around him at the door.

“You’re too tense,” Justin laughed, “but I’ll leave, but when I get back tonight you are all mine.”Justin muttered as he placed a couple soft kisses on my ear and neck before finally pulling away and making his way towards the door.

“Come on, come tell Brayden bye.”Justin said holding out his hand and waiting for me to take it and follow him down the stairs.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj