The next morning I woke up still completely exhausted, with my eyes hurting from crying myself to sleep. I grabbed my phone off the table and made my way to the bathroom and locked the door. I sat on the floor as another wave of uncontrollable sobs took over as I called my mom, looking for any kind of comfort or guidance. My mom’s only advice was that it sounded like a misunderstanding and that I needed to talk to Justin, so when I finally hung up the phone with her I just stayed on the bathroom floor crying and lost as to what to do. A little bit later I heard Brayden bound into my room and when he found the bed empty he made his way over to the bathroom door and tried the handle. “Momma are you in there?”I heard Brayden’s muffled voice thru the door.

I just continued to cry, not able to answer Brayden. “Momma!” Brayden yelled beating on the door again. When I didn’t answer again I heard Brayden walk away and make his way out of the room, hopefully Justin was at least downstairs.


Within the next few seconds I heard the bedroom door burst open and Justin was beating on the bathroom door. “Abbey? Abbey? Are you in there? Are you okay?”Justin asked frantically as he pounded on the door.

I heard the worry in his voice, but it wasn’t enough to make me answer him. Brayden was alright as long as Justin was there, so I had nothing to worry about. It was time for Justin to worry for once. “Abbey? Baby? I’m sorry, but if you’re in there you need to open the door.” Justin pleaded.

I had stopped crying and had almost stopped hurting, I just felt numb, and Justin’s pleading sounded far off in the distance. “Abbey….I need you to say something, I need to know you’re okay.”Justin said his voice trailing off.

Just then my phone started ringing and I looked down to see that it was Justin calling and rolled my eyes and I pushed it away. “Abbey, I know you’re in there, will you please open the door.”Justin said wiggling the doorknob again.


Justin picked up his phone and immediately dialed another number “Chris can you still pick locks?” Justin said before there was a pause.

“Abbey is locked in the bathroom, I don’t know if she’s okay, she’s not answering.”Justin said starting to get more agitated as he listened to whatever Chris was saying on the other end of the phone.

“Just come help me…..please.”Justin trailed off his voice cracking at the end of his sentence.

A few minutes later I heard Chris make his way into the room muttering under his breath at Justin, and then I heard the doorknob start to rattle, as I assumed Chris was working on breaking into the bathroom.


A couple seconds later the door was open and Justin was pushing Chris out of the way as he rushed into the bathroom and dropped to the floor beside me. “Abbey.”Justin sighed as he brushed the hair out of my face.

It took everything in me not to melt at his touch, so I looked away refusing to look at him so I didn’t break down. Justin sighed again and scooped me up in his arms and carried me to the bed where he laid me down and sat down beside me. “Abbey, what happened?”Justin asked concern filling his voice.

The last thing I wanted was to break down in front of him, so I found a spot in the corner of the room and focused on it doing my best to block out the rest of my surroundings. “J, maybe we should take her to the hospital.”Chris said from behind Justin.

“Daddy, what’s wrong with Momma now?”Brayden asked as the bed shifted behind me.

“I’m not sure bud.”Justin sighed as he glanced up at Brayden and then back down to me.

I closed my eyes willing the tears away, I wanted nothing to do with Justin right now but I didn’t want to scare or hurt Brayden. “Maybe we should go to the hospital.”Justin whispered looking back at Chris.


My eyes flew open and I reached around Justin towards Chris. Chris immediately stepped forward and took my hand as Justin looked on bewildered. “No hospital.”I whispered looking up at Chris pleading with him to take my side. Chris looked at me and back at Justin who looked confused, hurt, and still worried.

“Please.”I begged squeezing Chris’s hand causing him to look back at me.

“Okay, but If I agree to this you need to get up and eat something, and tell us what’s going on.”Chris said ignoring the glares that were coming from Justin.

I just nodded as I rolled over and look at Brayden. “What do you want to do today baby?”I asked as I pulled him to me and hugged him.

“I wanna get pizza and go to the park!”Brayden excitedly exclaimed.

“Okay, well you and daddy will do that then.”I smiled.

“You’re not gonna come?”Brayden asked bewildered.

“No baby, you and daddy are gonna go, it’ll be fun.”I smiled kissing his head as Justin started to protest.

“Abbey, no, you don’t need to be alone, we’ll stay here and make sure you’re okay.”

“Take your son to get pizza and then to the park.”I said thru gritted teeth refusing to look up at Justin.

“You were just balled up on the floor in a locked bathroom!...”Justin started before I cut him off.

“Brayden, why don’t you run to your room and find something to wear so you can go out with daddy.” I smiled kissing Brayden on the head, and then watching him bounce out of the room.


When Brayden was gone I finally looked up at Justin, and a look of disgust washed over me as I saw him in the same clothes from the night before. “You should probably change too.”I snapped as I stood up off the bed and started to make my way towards the bathroom.

“Where are you going?”Justin said following me.

“To shower.”I said shrugging his hand off my arm and continuing on my way.

“You’re supposed to be taking it easy, and we need to talk, and you need some food.”Justin said grabbing me again and turning me to look at him.

“I’m fine….I’m going to shower, and when I’m done I will get something to eat, you however, are going to take your son out.”I said stepping away from him again.

“Abbey, I’m sorry, please talk to me.”Justin pleaded.

“Chris will you stay and make sure I rest and eat?”I said agitated and looking towards Chris.

“Uh….yeah.”Chris nodded glancing back and forth between Justin and I again.

“Great, Chris is going to babysit me, now take your son and don’t even think about stepping foot back in this house until every last drop of alcohol has made it thru your system.”I snapped fire shooting from my eyes as I slammed the bathroom door in Justin’s face.


A couple seconds later there was a light tap on the door and I heard Chris, “Abbey, are you alright?”

“Yeah, I just wanna take a quick shower and make sure they’re gone.” I sighed, “I’ll be out in a few and I’ll make us something to eat.”

“Okay, just let me know if you need anything.”Chris said as he made his way away from the door and out of the bedroom.

I willed the tears away as I turned the shower on and stepped in hoping to wash away all the feelings that were raging thru my body. I was sick of constantly tiptoeing around Justin, afraid of how he was going to react to things. My mom was right, as much as I hated to admit it, I needed to talk to him. I refused to talk to him when he was still hungover from the night before though. We both needed some time to think, and I definitely needed some time to cool off.


I took my time in the shower thinking about all the events of the past couple days, and how something seriously needed to change before this baby got here. I got out of the shower and meticulously dried off and applied lotion before getting dressed, taking as much time as possible before I had to walk downstairs and face Chris, embarrassed by my behavior. I finally made my way downstairs, expecting Chris to be sitting on the couch waiting on me, but not finding him there. I heard a commotion in the kitchen and made my way in there to find Chris cooking. “What are you doing?”I asked with my eyebrows raised as I stepped up to Chris and peered over his shoulder to the pots on the stove.

“You are suppose to be taking it easy, so go sit and I will bring you food in a couple minutes when it’s done.”Chris said shooing me away.

“Are you sure?”I asked skeptical as I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and started to slowly make my way back towards the living room.

“It’s just spaghetti, no big deal, I promise it’s safe.”Chris laughed pushing me thru the door and turning back around to the stove.


As promised Chris came into the living room not even five minutes later with two heaping bowls of spaghetti and sat down beside me. “Thanks, but you didn’t have to cook.”I smiled as I took the bowl off of him and immediately dug in starving.

“Justin would never let me live it down if I would have let you cook, or do anything other than shower.”Chris shrugged as he noticed my face change at the mention of Justin.

“What’s going on anyway?”Chris asked nonchalantly as he pretended to focus on the tv.

“I don’t know, but I don’t want to talk to him while he’s drunk or hungover.”I said rolling my eyes and picking up the empty bottle of Jack off the table and waving it around for Chris to see.

Chris nodded, “That makes sense, but you should really talk to him when he gets back, he’s worried about you.”

“I know, but he also needs to know that alcohol isn’t going to solve any problems.”I snapped ending the conversation.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think...


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj