Justin was pacing back and forth in the waiting room of the ER while Lance, Joey and Chris looked on not sure what to say to help their friend. Just then J.C. sheepishly made his way around the corner carefully examining each of his friends facing for any inclination as to whether he was allowed to join them, or if they had gotten any news on how I was doing. “Brayden why don’t we go see what’s in the snack machine.”Chris said immediately jumping up and grabbing Brayden’s hand and leading him away before another fight broke out.

Joey and Lance just nervously looked backed and forth between Justin and J.C. trying to decide whether or not they should step in and make J.C. leave or not. Justin had stopped pacing and was eyeing J.C. carefully trying to figure out how to handle the situation before him. “J, I’m so sorr……”J.C. started before Justin cut him off.

“Get out.”Justin growled glaring at him trying to control his breathing.

“Im just as worried….”J.C. started before Justin cut him off.

“DON’T! GET THE FUCK OUT.”Justin said raising his voice as he started to make his way towards J.C. before Joey jumped up and put himself in between the two.

“Leave J.C., I’ll call you later, but this is not the time or place to do this.”Joey whispered gently pushing J.C. back around the corner.


About a half hour later Justin was still pacing while the other guys sat quietly all waiting anxiously, when a doctor finally came around the corner. “Are you here for Abigail Clegg?” The doctor asked eyeing all the guys.

Justin immediately stopped pacing and stepped up in front of the doctor nodding, not able to form any words. “She’s asking for Brayden.”The doctor replied as Brayden jumped up off of Chris’s lap and made his way over to Justin’s side hugging his leg.

“Is Momma okay?”Brayden asked innocently up at the doctor as Justin picked him up and hugged him close as a few tears fell down Justin’s cheeks.

“Yeah buddy,” The doctor started smiling at Brayden before looking back up at Justin and the rest of the guys who had now crowded around behind Justin waiting for news.

“She’s going to be fine, but she needs to take it easy for the rest of this pregnancy. She had a panic attack brought on by stress. She was vague as to what actually happened, but I suggest that whatever the main stressor is in her life that you do your best to eliminate it.”The doctor said smiling weakly.

“Yes, of course. Trust me, I will make sure she takes it easy from now.”Justin said nodding still clinging to Brayden.

“Okay, well like I said before she’s asking for Brayden, so whoever that is can follow me.”The doctor nodded.

“Come on Bray, let’s go check on Momma.”Justin whispered following closely behind the doctor.


I weakly smiled as I heard the door open and saw Justin set Brayden on the floor. “Momma!”Brayden exclaimed as he made his way over to the bed and jumped onto it hugging me.

“Careful.”Justin whispered from his place by the door where he was silently watching us with tears in his eyes. I let a few tears start to fall as Brayden cuddled up next to me and I watched the scared yet relieved look on Justin’s face.

“It’s okay baby.”I soothed Brayden as I rubbed his back and kissed him on the cheek. Brayden just nodded as he clung to me and buried his face in my shoulder.

“Come here.”I whispered looking up at Justin and patting the bed next to me. Justin quickly made his way over to me and sat down on the bed immediately pulling me to him.

“I’m so sorry.”Justin cried burying his face in my hair.

“Jus.”I started pulling back some causing Justin to pull away slightly and look at me. “I’m fine.”I sighed wiping away the tears off of Justin’s face as I continued to cry.

“I love you so much, I was so scared.”Justin sighed reaching up to wipe the tears off my face. I giggled as Justin gave me an odd look.

“I love you too, I’m fine, we’re fine, let’s stop crying.”I giggled again causing Justin to chuckle and lean over and lightly kiss me.

“I don’t know what I would ever do without you…”Justin mumbled against my mouth, “Without all three of you.” He grinned kissing me again as he placed his hand on my stomach.

“Really?”I asked excitement dancing across my eyes as I searched Justin face for any signs of truth. This was the first time he showed any real interest or excitement over the new baby, and I was ecstatic, but I was also scared that it was too good to be true.

“Absolutely.”Justin whispered kissing me again, “I’ve never been so scared in my life, and I never want to have to imagine what life would be like without any of you again.”

Tears started to fall down my face again after hearing Justin’s proclamation and he just grinned at me, “I thought we were going to stop crying?” He chuckled kissing the tears off my face.

“I’m just so happy.”I laughed throwing my head back causing Brayden to giggle along with Justin and I although he had no idea why.


The doctor made his way back in about forty five minutes later to find me in Justin’s arm whispering excitedly with him and Brayden snuggled against my chest asleep. “Visiting hours are about over, I know there were some other people here to see you, if you’d like to see them for a few before they have to leave.” The doctor spoke up while checking my vital signs.

“Do they have to leave?”I asked clinging to Justin and starting to slightly panic again.

“You need your rest.”The doctor slightly smiled seeing me cling to Justin.

“I just want to go home, “I said my voice cracking as I started to cry again “I want to be with Justin, and my baby.” I cried holding on to both Justin and Brayden as best I could.

“Shh, baby you need to relax.”Justin soothed running his hand up and down my arm trying to calm me down.

“I don’t want to be alone.”I hiccupped my breathing becoming irregular again. Justin’s brow furrowed in worry as he looked from me back up at the doctor.

“Isn’t there anything you can do?”Justin asked trying his best to soothe me, but starting to become upset himself.

The doctor sighed watching us and couldn’t help but feel sorry, “If you promise to go home and take it easy, and stay in bed for the next day or two, AND then come back in a couple days for a checkup I’ll let you go home tonight.” He sighed finally relenting.

A huge grin broke out across Justin’s face and I took a couple deep breaths trying to control my breathing again. “Yes! That’s fine, I’ll make sure she’s in bed and we can come back in a couple days that’s no problem.”Justin reassured the doctor as he placed a kiss on my temple.

The doctor sighed again nodding “Okay, the nurse will be in in a few minutes with your release papers then.” He replied walking out the door leaving us alone once again.


Justin slipped out from behind me and gently picked Brayden up off of my lap so he didn’t wake him up. Brayden’s head immediately hit Justin’s shoulder and I smiled as I started to slowly get up and make my way over to the chair where my clothes were sitting. I pulled my t-shirt over my head and shivered slightly as I made my way back over to where Justin and Brayden were sitting. “You cold?”Justin asked concerned.

“A little, it’s no big deal.”I smiled as I laid my head on Justin’s shoulder. Justin immediately got up and gently laid Brayden down on the bed before pulling his hoodie off and handing it to me.

“Thanks.”I smiled as I immediately pulled it on letting Justin’s scent surround me, as Justin pulled me to him and held me.

“Anything for you, baby.”Justin whispered swaying back and forth with me in his arms.

Just then the nurse made her way in and I lifted my head off of Justin’s chest to look up at her. “I just need a couple signatures and you’re all set.”The nurse replied smiling at the intimate moment she had just walked on. I nodded slightly and stepped away from Justin as I went to sign my release papers and he walked back over to pick Brayden back up.


We walked in the house and Justin immediately took Brayden and laid him in his bed and then came to the bedroom looking for me. Justin made his way into the bathroom and saw me getting undressed, “What are you doing?”Justin asked with a reprimanding tone.

“Getting a shower.” I shrugged as I slid my jeans off and reached over and started the water of the shower.

“The doctor told you, you needed to stay in bed for a few days.”Justin said shaking his head at me and coming towards me.

“Jus, I feel gross, I just want to take a shower then I’ll go to bed.”I said rolling my eyes at him.

“Baby, you need your rest…”Justin said his voice trailing off as he slowly crept towards me.

“I need a shower…”I said then noticed how close Justin had gotten to me, “But, if you’re that worried about it, you can help me.”I said grinning at him as I grabbed him by the hips and pulled him towards me.

“Abbey no!” Justin said jumping back.

“What?”I asked as a look of shock and a little bit of fear crossed over my face.

“That’s not resting god damnit! If you insist on taking a fucking shower fine! I’m going downstairs to get a drink, and you better be in that bed when I get back.”Justin spat making his way out of the bathroom leaving me bewildered and a little hurt.


I took my time in the shower not caring if I pissed Justin off. I figured he’d come barging back in the bathroom any second anyways and drag me out of the shower. When the water started to turn cold I reluctantly got out and reached for my towel slowly drying myself off. I finally made my way into the bedroom expecting a lecture from Justin, but he was nowhere to be found. I just sighed as I pulled on a pair of panties and one of Justin’s t-shirts and climbed into bed, too confused by his behavior to figure out what was going on, and definitely too confused and tired to go looking for him. I rolled onto my side, my back to the door, in case Justin decided to come back up.


A little while later I heard Justin come in, and fumble for a minute while he changed clothes and then finally got in bed. I tried to shallow my breathing as best I could in hopes that Justin would think I was asleep, so I didn’t have to listen to him lecture me anymore. He finally sighed and rolled over cuddling up next to me, before quickly pulling back and standing up. “Fuck Abbey, put on some fucking pants.”Justin angrily said as he walked over to the closet and pulled a pair of pajama pants out and threw them at me.

I sat up fire shooting from my eyes as I glared at Justin. “What the fuck is your problem?”I spat throwing the pants back at him.

“What the fuck is yours?”Justin retorted standing his ground and glaring at me from across the room.

“What the fuck do you mean?”I said angrily, “You were so nice and sweet at the hospital and as soon as we get home you turn into asshole-extrodanair.” I yelled glaring at him doing my best to hold back tears.

It didn’t work very well as I felt a couple tears slid down my cheeks and finally exhaled the breath that I had been holding. Justin’s exterior immediately softened and he made his way over to the bed and wrapped me in his arms. “No.”I said pushing him away as Justin got a bewildered look on his face. “You can’t be an ass, and then just try and hug me and say sorry and think it’s okay…..What the fuck is your problem?”I asked again staring into his eyes, as he fidgeted uncomfortably under my gaze.

Justin let out a breath and started to say something when I interrupted him, “Have you been drinking?”I asked instantly smelling the whiskey on his breath.

“I….Fuck Abbey….”Justin sighed as he ran his hand thru his hair staring at me.

“You know what….If you seriously have to get drunk to stand coming to bed with me….I don’t want you here…and maybe J.C. was right…..at least he actually wants to be with me without being under the influence of anything.”I said my voice cracking as I cried and laid back down turning my back away from him again, not wanting him to see me.

“Fine….Fuck…..if you want J.C. you can have him….I don’t need this.”Justin muttered as he made his way to the door and slammed it behind him. I completely lost it then and started to sob uncontrollably finding it hard to breath.
Chapter End Notes:
Is anyone still reading this??? What do you think??? Do you like? Yes? No? I love these characters and really want to finish this....but only if people are actually reading it....Please let me know!!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj