The next morning I woke up to a foot in my ribcage and I groaned as I rolled off the bed and turned to see Brayden upside down in the bed, his other foot pressing into Justin’s cheek. I suppressed a giggle as I made my way into the bathroom to shower leaving the two of them sleeping. I’m not sure what’s going to happen with everything, it seems as soon as Justin and I are good again something else comes up and we can never just relax and be happy. I hope Justin really is okay with this baby and isn’t just saying that to appease me. Then there’s J.C., I don’t even know where to start with all of that. It literally makes me sick to my stomach to think about him, but him and Justin have been friends since they were kids. I know Justin’s mad now, but they have to move past this. Right?

Just then I heard Justin grunt and heard a loud thud breaking me from my thoughts. I sighed as I turned the water off and grabbed my robe before making my way back into the bedroom. I saw a bewildered Brayden on the floor trying to sit up and Justin angrily rubbing the side of his head. “What happened?”I asked as I picked up Brayden and sat down on the bed cradling him in my lap.

“Daddy thru me out of bed!”Brayden said throwing his hands up in the air and doing his best to glare up at Justin. I just raised my eyebrows and looked up at Justin.

“Wha? NO I didn’t!”Justin protested a little confused as I just smirked at him.

“Oh you didn’t get kicked in the side of the head and then knock him off the bed?”I asked trying to hide my smile.

“I….uh….maybe?”Justin said timidly ducking his head not to look at me.

I just laughed “You okay baby?” I asked Brayden as he nodded.

“Yup! I’m hungry though!”He said with wide eyes as I continued to giggle.

“Well why don’t you and daddy run down stairs and try and find something for breakfast while Momma gets dressed?”I said kissing him.

“Okay.”He giggled kissing me back and jumping down to the floor.

He made it all the way to the door before he turned around with an exasperated look on his face “Daaaaaaaad, come on!”He said putting his hands on his hips.

“Uh oh, looks like you’re in trouble.”I giggled as I pecked Justin on the lips and made my way back to the bathroom to finish getting dressed.

“Look! J.C.’s here!”I heard Brayden exclaim as I rounded the corner into the kitchen. Justin and I both glanced up at the door to him standing there and then at each other.

“I’ll handle it.”Justin said picking up Brayden and handing him off to me. I just nodded as I turned to walk out of the room.

“Where are we going?”Brayden asked confused looking back over my shoulder into the kitchen.

“Were gonna go get you dressed so we can go to the park after breakfast.”I said as I started to climb the stairs.

“Is J.C. coming with us?”Brayden asked smiling down at me.

I sighed as I sat him on the floor and walked over to his closet to pull some clothes out “I don’t think so today baby.”

“Why not?”Brayden asked confused as he picked one of his transformers and started to play with it.

“Because daddy and I are going to take you.”I said motioning for him to come over so I could get him dressed.

“Is this because Daddy and J.C. were yelling at each other last night?”Brayden asked. I sighed and stood up willing away the tears that were threatening to spill over.

“Baby you don’t need to worry about it right now okay?” I asked pulling a jacket out his closet and turning back around to look at him.

“But…”Brayden started as Justin made his way into the room exclaiming that breakfast was ready.


Justin picked up Brayden and gave me a small reassuring smile as he wrapped his arm around me and whispered into my hair “I love you.”

I gave Justin a half smile and nodded as I laid my head on his shoulder and said “I know, I love you too.” We made our way back into the kitchen and Justin sat Brayden down and handed him a plate of food before getting the two of us one and sitting down beside me. As soon as Justin set the plate of food in front of me I immediately jumped up and ran out of the room to the bathroom.

“What’s wrong with Momma?”Brayden asked bewildered looking at the door where I had just retreated from.

“Nothing you need to worry about, finish eating while I go check on her.”Justin smiled down at Brayden making his way out of the room.


Justin knocked on the bathroom door lightly before slowly pushing it open to find me sitting on the floor in tears. “Baby, are you okay?”Justin asked softly as he sat down beside me pulling me to him. I just buried my face in his chest and cried clinging to him as he slowly rubbed my back. Justin started to slowly rock me back and forth as he lightly started to hum trying to comfort me. After a few minutes I took a shaky breath and sat up and looked at Justin. Justin gave me a sad smile as he wiped the last few tears off my cheeks with his thumb. “Feel better?”Justin asked lighting holding my hand.

“Not really, but I can’t sit on the bathroom floor and cry all day.”I said as I started to get up. Justin jumped up off the floor and reached down to help me up.

“Why don’t we just stay in and watch movies today?”Justin asked as I made my way over to the sink to brush my teeth and wash my face off.

“I told Brayden we’d take him to the park.”I sighed.

“I’ll talk to him, you don’t look like you’re up for going out.”Justin replied making his way out of the bathroom in search of Brayden.

He was right I was miserable, and the last thing I wanted to do was go to the park where there would be a bunch of other screaming kids around. Of course I wouldn’t mention that most of it had to do with the fact that I was still upset over J.C. and not so much with the morning sickness.


I made my way out of the bathroom and over to the couch where I collapsed and lazily turned the tv on. Justin made his way back from the kitchen and sat down pulling my legs into his lap and starting to slowly rub them. “What’d J.C. want?”I asked looking up at him.

“Nothing you need to worry about.”Justin replied picking up my hand and intertwining our fingers.

“Jus, what did he want?”I asked with more force staring into his eyes for answers.

Justin sighed and pulled his hand back and brought it up to rub his face “He thinks that he could take better care of you and Brayden and the baby, and he told me I need to walk away.”

“WHAT?!”I exclaimed jumping up.

“Abbey, stop, sit down.”Justin started as he stood and grabbed my arm leading my back to the couch.

I reluctantly let Justin guide me back to the couch but then immediately started again “He’s not serious right? I mean you couldn’t be a better father.”I said as tears started streaming down my face.

“Shhh,”Justin soothed pulling me to him, “baby, he’s just trying to get under my skin. He didn’t mean it.”

“Yes he did.”I snorted as I pulled back to look at Justin, “He tells me all the time that he thinks you’re unstable and that it’s only a matter of time before you leave.”

“Are you serious?!”Justin asked dumbfounded. I just nodded not able to form any words. Justin jumped up and started to walk towards the door.

“Jus, wait.”I call after him. He stopped and looked at me but didn’t say a word, his eyes showing nothing but pure rage and hate. “Please don’t go.”I whimpered almost pleading as I held my hand out towards him, hoping he’d walk back over to me.

“I love you and I’ll be right back I promise, but he is not going to insult my family.”Justin said as he continued his way out the door.


I just sat on the couch unable to move continuing to sob. Justin just called us a family, and I couldn’t be happier about that, especially since I still wasn’t sure how he was taking the news of the baby. However, the last thing I needed was him causing more problems with J.C. I didn’t need the stress, they didn’t need to lose their friendship, and most of all the group needed the two of them to at least be on civil speaking terms. Things had spun out of control before I even realized what happened and I couldn’t help but think I was some how responsible. How did I not see J.C. developing feelings for me? And did I lead him on?


I was sobbing uncontrollably a little while later when I heard the door open and I immediately jumped up to see Justin hurry and wipe blood off his lip with the back of his hand. I looked him over and saw his busted lip and a bruise quickly forming below his eye and completely panicked. Not only had I been the cause of an argument between two best friends, but now things had gotten pretty physical by the looks of it. I could only imagine what J.C. looked like after seeing Justin, because I knew there was no way that J.C. had the upper hand in the fight. I started gasping for air as I reached my hand towards Justin’s face and took a step forward. “Abbey, it’s not that bad….”Justin started taking a step towards me as I started to sway back and forth where I was standing.

Everything blacked out all of a sudden and Justin rushed to step up and catch me as I started to fall.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj