“Wha….Wha….What’re you doing?”I stuttered completely bewildered backing away from him.

“Abs wait.”J.C. said quickly as he reached out to grab my hand. I just shook my head, before finally turning around bolting up the stairs to my bedroom. I locked the door and collapsed on the bed in complete shock. I sat there dumbfounded for minutes before a feeling of disgust finally washed over me and I burst into tears. I could hear J.C. pounding on the door begging me to let him in, begging me to let him explain, but he sounded miles away as I sat there hating him and hating myself even more. I slowly got up and made my way back to the bathroom turning the shower on as hot as it could go and stepping in not caring how badly I was sunburnt. I had this feeling of complete and utter disgust wash over me and I wanted nothing more than to wash it away. I collapsed against the shower wall and slid to the floor my whole body shaking from the sobs.


“Do you think Momma will care if we camp out in the backyard?!” Brayden asked excitedly as he and Justin made their way across the yard towards my house.

“I don’t see why not, but that’s why we’re gonna go ask her.”Justin said as he reached out to open the door. As soon as Justin opened the door he immediately motioned for Brayden to be quiet.

“Abbey! Abbey, please open up and let me explain. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to kiss you.”J.C. pleaded thru the door.

Justin eyes immediately went wide and he bolted up the stairs leaving a bewildered Brayden behind. “YOU WHAT?” Justin bellowed as he thrust J.C. away from the door and onto the floor.

“Justin, listen it’s not like that man.”J.C. said scooting farther away from Justin while trying to get back on his feet.

“Not like what? I just heard you say you kissed Abbey! So please tell me how it’s not like that?”Justin argued closing in on J.C.

“Justin it was a mistake I didn’t mean to….”J.C. trailed off as Justin drew back and hit him square in the jaw.

“Didn’t mean to my ass.”Justin muttered as J.C. hit the floor again, “Get out of here NOW, before I really do something I regret.”



My skin was on fire from the hot water hitting my sunburn and I was sobbing so hard that I could barely breath and with every passing second I was getting more and more nauseous. I finally relented and turned the shower off just in time to step out of the shower and get sick. I flushed the toilet and shakily stood up as I heard yelling coming from the hallway.


“Well maybe if you didn’t flip out and start screaming at her every time anything happens then I wouldn’t have even been here!”J.C. screamed coming closer to Justin.


I grabbed my robe and hurriedly threw it on and ran to the door unlocking it and flinging it open. “Abbey listen I’m sorry, can we please talk about this?”J.C. stated as he started to slowly make his way towards me.

“Baby, I’m so sorry.”Justin mumbled into my hair as he wrapped his arms around me cutting J.C. off. I just slightly nodded bewildered and collapsed against Justin’s chest too exhausted to try to process what was going on at the moment.

“Seriously?” J.C. stated incredulously, “You’ve been literally making yourself sick over him all day because he was such a jackass and one ‘I’m sorry baby’ and you fall right back into his arms.”

“Leave, before I remove you from this house.”Justin said thru gritted teeth.

“Fine,”J.C. said as he threw his hands up in the air and started to walk towards the stairs “This is fucked up though Abbey and you know it.”



I whimpered as I started to cry again and brought Justin back to reality and he immediately walked me to the bed and sat down pulling me into his lap. “I’m so sorry, I was stupid and I shouldn’t have got mad and I definitely shouldn’t have walked out last night and…”Justin started as I bolted upright.

“What’s wrong?”Justin asked suddenly panicked.

“Where’s Brayden?”I asked getting up and making my way towards the door.

“Shit, he was downstairs.”Justin replied as he brushed past me and ran down the stairs.



A couple seconds later Justin came walking back up the stairs carrying a crying Brayden. “Momma!”Brayden exclaimed as he wiggled out of Justin’s grasp and ran over to me.

“Hey baby.”I sighed as I picked him up and carried him to the bed and sat down with him as Justin made his way over to us and sat down beside us.

“Hey buddy, I’m sorry for yelling.”Justin said as he started to rub Brayden’s back.

“Daddy why were you yelling at J.C.?”Brayden asked innocently looking up at Justin.

“We just got in a little argument, were all done now.”Justin sighed as there was a knock at the door causing him to look up at me.

“J.C. ordered food.”I replied as I started to get up.

“I got it.”Justin replied motioning for me to stay and I just nodded and hugged Brayden closer.

“Momma, can me and daddy sleep in the backyard.”Brayden asked looking up at me with excitement dancing across his face.

“What?”I asked finally laughing and setting myself at ease with the innocent of my son.

“Daddy said we could camp out in the backyard, but only if you said it was okay.”Brayden said grinning at me.

“Oh he did, did he?” I smirked as Justin made his way back into the bedroom with food.



Justin sat down on the bed and started to pull food out of the bag as Brayden giggled “Daaaad,” Brayden started as Justin looked up at him “what are you doing?”

“What?”Justin asked shrugging.

“We can’t eat in the bed.”Brayden said exasperated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Yes we can.”Justin said laughing as he pulled Brayden off my lap and onto the bed causing Brayden to break out into a fit of giggles as well. I smiled as I watched them and couldn’t help but think that somehow everything might turn out ok after all.

“Okay, but I think we better ask Momma.”Brayden covered his mouth as he whispered to Justin, even though I could clearly here him. I threw my head back and laughed out loud as both boys turned to stare at me.

“That’s my boy, gotta ask mommas permission before doing anything.”I smiled as Justin rolled his eyes.

“Well I think dad has just as much say in the matter as mom.”Justin taunted his eyes sparkling trying to hide the smirk on his face.

“I don’t know Brayden, what do you think?”I asked looking down at him.

“I think we need to do what Momma says.”Brayden said seriously glancing between the two of us causing us both to burst out in laughter, and Justin to start tickling Brayden playfully.

“Well mom says she’s hungry so we should eat.”I said once everyone had calmed down and Brayden just giggled excitedly.



After we all ate we decided to curl up on the bed and all watch a movie together Brayden nestled in between Justin and I. About fifteen minutes into the movie Brayden was passed out and I sighed as I looked up at Justin, “Jus, you know we need to talk right?” Justin sighed as he looked up and nodded turning the tv off in the process.

I took a deep breath before saying “I’m so sorry, I never in a million years meant to kiss J.C., not that I kissed him he caught me off guard, but I never meant for it to happen or would have done it otherwise and I didn’t…..”I trailed off as Justin shushed me bringing his hand up to my face and caressing it gently.

“Abbey,”Justin started, “Abbey look at me.”Justin said slowly turning my chin to look at him as a few tears slipped down my face. Justin sighed bringing his thumb up and wiping the tears off my face. “Baby I’m not mad about that.”Justin said pulling me as close to him as he could with Brayden in between us.

I just nodded and continued to cry as Justin held me. “I’m going to kill him…..”Justin muttered slowly running his fingers thru my hair. “Why him? Why not me?”I said sobbing a little harder making Justin hold me tighter.

“You didn’t do anything wrong Abbey, you went to a friend for comfort when I was being an ass and he took advantage of the situation.”Justin said bitterly. I just continued to cry into Justin as he gently ran his fingers thru my hair softly humming to me.



I finally pulled back and took a shaky breath as I wiped the last few tears off my face. “What about this?”I asked timidly placing my hand on my stomach and refusing to make eye contact with him.

“Fuck, I dunno,”Justin stated running his hand thru his hair, “I mean I’m not mad.”He said his face softening and reaching out to grab my hand. “Johnny’s just been on my ass about you and Brayden and I don’t know what to do.”

I finally looked up at him “So you’re not mad at me? Or disappointed?”I almost whispered.

“Abbey no! I just….you caught me off guard. We’ll figure this out together.”Justin sighed pulling me back to him. I just nodded too exhausted to continue the conversation.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj