Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the cliff hanger... I love all the feedback from it though! :) Keep it up you guys, you seriously make my day!

ENJOY!

 

How the hell am I going to get myself out of this one?

How the hell did I grab the wrong test? Well, that’s a stupid question, they were right next to each other, it’s an easy mistake. But now I have the man I love standing in front of me thinking we’re having a baby.

How did this happen?

“Wh-What?” I ask dumbly.

Fuck, I’m screwed.

“It has a plus sign, wouldn’t that be positive?” He asks staring at me like I have all the answers in the world.

“Plus sign is positive, it’s fucking positive.” I say, falling back to sit on the couch behind me.

“So you’re pregnant?” He asks almost in a squeak.

“I um… I’m… fuck.” I say completely lost.

What do I do now?

He runs his hands over his face a few times, rubbing the pads of his palm against his eyes, “How did this happen?”

“Sex. That’s how it usually happens.” I say trying to joke my way out of this.

“This isn’t time for jokes, Maddy. How the fuck did this happen?”

I can’t out Hadley like this. Fuck, what do I do?

“I…” I don’t have words. I have nothing.

“Maddy, you have to talk.” He sighs, “How the hell did this happen?” He asks, but more just to hear it out loud then to actually ask me.

“Justin I’m not…” I start, but stop before I fucked up Hadley’s lie.

“You’re not what?” he asks nervously, “You’re not thinking about getting rid of it are you?”

Jesus, that came out wrong. Now I have the guy thinking I’m just like his ex. Fuck this is getting way too out of hand.

“I wouldn’t do that Justin.”

He sighs in relief, “I can’t believe this.”

“Me either.” I say, leaning my head back on the couch.

“What are you still doing here?” Hadley asks, from the hallway.

I look up at her with watery eyes and her face pales, “Shit.” She whispers.

Justin looks at her, then back to me with netted eyebrows, “What’s the matter?”

“She thought it was negative too.” I say quickly.

“Maddy…” She says, but I cut her off.

“It‘s ok Had.” I say, wiping my face off from the stray tears.

“It was mine.” she says in defeat.

“What?” Justin asks confused.

“The positive test was mine, this is hers.” She says showing him the other test, “She took the wrong one off the counter.”

He looks at me, “What’s going on?”

I look at Hadley and she nods, “I’m going up to see Trace. Is he in your room?”

“Yeah, here.” He says handing her his key.

“Thanks.” She whispers toying with the key.

I jump up, “It’s going to be fine Had.”

She shrugs, “We’ll see.” She says, walking out the door.

“What’s going on Maddy?” Justin asks, getting irritated.

“Hadley’s pregnant and the tests were for her.” I say, turning towards him.

“So you took one to appease me and it turned out positive?”

I shake my head, “Mine was negative, but I took her test with me instead of mine.”

“So you’re not pregnant?”

“No.”

“Fuck, that was the worst roller coaster I’ve ever been on.” He says scratching the back of his head nervously.

“I’m sorry, but we weren’t sure if she was or not and I didn’t want you to tell Trace if she wasn’t so I just played it like it was all on me and then I go and take the wrong test and all hell broke loose.”

“And when were you going to tell me you weren’t pregnant?” he asks, “in nine months when no baby came, but Hadley suddenly had one?”

“I couldn’t out her. I didn’t know what to do.”

“Jesus Maddy, You just made me believe you were pregnant and now your not. That’s fucked up!” He yell angrily.

“I’m sorry.” I sob, dropping back down on the couch.

He sighs, walking to sit next to me, pulling me against him.

“I’m so sorry.” I say over and over.

“Don’t be sorry, Maddy. I understand why you did it, I just wish you would’ve trusted me enough to tell me.”

“I was scared for Hadley.” I admit, wiping my face with my hands.

“Is she going to tell him?” He asks, kissing me on the temple.

“That’s what she’s doing right now.” I sigh, “God, he better not act like an ass to her.”

“The man is chained at the ankle for the woman. I think he’ll be fine.”

“Were you scared?”

“Honestly?” He asks tilting my head towards him.

I nod, “I was a little excited.”

My heart drops to the pit of my stomach, “I’m so sorry.”

He smiles, “Don’t start the water works again. I’m sure we’ll have this discussion again one day.”

“So you wouldn’t have minded if I had been the one that was pregnant?”

He smiles, “No, I wouldn’t have minded.” He runs a hand over my belly, “I’d love to watch you grow with my baby inside you.”

“Really?”

He nods slowly, “Really.”

 

************************************************************************

 

She never came back.

I’ve been calling her cell all night, but then I realized she had left it here, so that plan didn’t work out so well. Justin kept calling Trace’s cell and the room number, but no one answered.

It’s eight thirty in the morning and we haven’t heard from either of them. She left here at nine last night. I don’t understand what’s taking so long. I get that this is huge, but does it take twelve hours to deal with?

What if something happened and she left. Where is she? What if she’s all alone somewhere and has no way to get in touch with me.

“Stop it.” Justin say, wrapping his arm around my waist from behind me.

“What if something happened?”

“Maddy, we’ve been up all night worrying and I’m dead tired. Please get some sleep with me.”

“What if she’s alone somewhere?”

“Trace wouldn’t just kick her out, he’s a good guy Maddy. I wish you would give him a shot.”

I sigh, “I promised myself yesterday I would, but it may not even have anything to do with him. What if she freaked and just ran and now she’s all alone somewhere freaking out.”

“Then where’s Trace?” He asks with a yawn, “If she never told him, then why isn’t he answering the phone?”

“He was pretty drunk last night when I talked to him. Maybe he passed out.”

He chuckles tiredly, “Maddy, I’m sure everything is fine. Please get some sleep.”

I turn in his arms to face him, “Fine, but I’m still worried.”

He laughs, “Close your eyes.”

I closed my eyes after watching him for a few minutes. He’s probably right, but she’s the only rock I have left and I can’t have anything happen to her.

“Honey!” Hadley yells

“We’re home!” Trace yells, making the two of them laugh uncontrollably.

I jump out of the bed, Justin close behind me, running down the stair and into the living room where Trace and Hadley were still laughing.

“Where the hell have you two been?” I yell causing them to stop laughing.

“Talking.” Hadley says with a shrug.

“I know you’re a big talker, but twelve hours? That’s bull shit. Where have you been?”

“We talked for a little while…” Hadley says.

“Then we fucked for a long while…” Trace adds with a smack to Hadley’s ass.

She giggles, swatting at him, “And then we went out on the strip for a little while…”

“And then we got married.” Trace say, grinning from ear to ear.

“You what?” Justin and I say at the same time.

“We got married.” Hadley says, biting her bottom lip.

Chapter End Notes:
I'm still taking suggestions for things to happen in the future of this story. I know where this is going, but i can always make pit stops along the way to make you guys happier :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: wank kitchensex carsex justinandtrace vacation