Author's Chapter Notes:
This update was long overdue! lol. Anyway, I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. :) So here's the first update in the last leg of this story. It's nothing too big yet, but we're slowly crawling up to the climax and turning point in our characters' boarding school lives. :) Well, here we go. I apologize for errors. It's late, I'm sleepy, but enjoy.

 

September
NY


33. Back To The (In)famous Boarding School


Nostalgia.

That's what I feel looking around at my dorm room as I drop my luggage on the perfectly made bed. Everything is as I left it before summer break. It's a strange feeling because in just a few months my life changed so drastically, I still feel overwhelmed by it all.

There was a time when I hated this place and couldn't wait to leave my past and everything that happened behind. Now, since Justin stepped into my life, it doesn't seem so bad. At any rate, if I hadn't made the life choices I did, I would have never met him. So, for that reason, maybe this school isn't so bad anymore.

I can't wait to meet up with Justin and my friends. I'm ready to go through this last semester on a positive note. When I was leaving home it was sad to say bye to my parents and big bro, but I was also looking forward to coming back here for my final semester. I know it's going to be a hectic term with finals, projects and graduation but I don't mind.

After all, all the work I'll be putting in is for my future right? I'm not sure where life will take me after graduation but as long as Justin remains a constant in my life I feel like I'll be able to take on any and everything that comes my way.  So, I'm hoping that things will work out well for us, especially with the public aspect involved considering Justin's status.

I guess that means the first thing I'll have to do is learn how to deal with those cameras that will be following us around for the next few weeks. Well, no one said being a part of Justin's world would be easy. But, I'm up for the challenge so bring it on.

I've also made it a point of duty to avoid any drama involving Ethan as much as possible. The less I see him this term the better. Then, when we graduate, I'll be able to put him and our past behind me for good.

Inhaling deeply, I look out of my dorm room window, squinting under the bright sunlight seeping in. It's a nice day today. The grass is green and perfectly cut, the large trees are dancing in the wind and the sky is clear blue. I can see students below walking in various directions, going about their day, proudly wearing the Higher Heights school uniform. You know, now that I think about it, I'm going to miss this place. Despite the bad memories, I've made so many good ones with my friends and even with Justin here. It's where we first met. It's not somewhere we will be able to come back easily and reminisce. I hope that we'll have many more memorable moments before we leave here to look back on.

Moving to stand in front of my dresser mirror, I gaze at my reflection with a bright smile on my face. Justin was right; my trimmed raven hair makes my gray-brown eyes pop out more. I made sure to maintain the hairstyle change I made over summer break since he loved it so much. My eyes quickly scan my uniform and I fix my blazer tracing my fingertips over the school crest. I straighten my tie, then smooth my hand over my skirt before grabbing my room key.

Nodding in approval, I turn and head for the door to go in search of Justin. I miss him, I want to see him and I really can't wait for him to find me, so I'll find him first. I tried calling his cell but it went straight to voice mail so maybe he hasn't switched it on yet. He should have gotten in early this morning, a few hours ahead of me. When I spoke to him on the phone last night he sounded so tired but he still made time to talk to me while he was packing up.

I exit the female dorms and head to the public locations in school where I think he might be.




As I walk down the large spacious hallways in school, I look around feeling slightly paranoid. Is it just me or are the students here especially staring at me? Maybe I'm only imagining it? I can't be bothered about that though. I need to find Justin.

I searched all the places I know he frequents. I checked the library, the music rooms, the gym and even the student center and lounge areas. The only place I haven't checked is the gymnasium where the basketball team practices. I'm reluctant about going in there because I'm not up for seeing Ethan or Ryan on my first day back. Maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe they haven't returned to campus yet.

I shouldn't worry about them too much. I need to get over them and not allow their presence to intimidate me. That's right. Seeing Justin right now is more important. I've really missed him.

As I continue to walk down the hallway, I ignore the students I walk past trying my best not to draw attention to myself. I also avoid making eye contact with anyone. I can only imagine what they may have found out in the media about Justin and me over the summer. By the looks on some of their faces, I'd say Justin and I are going to be a hot topic on campus this semester.

Heading in the direction of the gymnasium, my steps falter when I notice three  guys coming in my direction, one of them not wearing the school uniform. This time I'm positive I'm being stared at. I note the recognition on their faces as their paces speed up. One of the guys I recognize from the basketball team. He tells the guy who's dressed causally in jeans and a t-shirt something before pointing in my direction. I freeze, looking around for an escape root. I don't know what's going on but I don't think I'll like it.

"Hey! Hey you!"

The guy void of a school uniform calls out to me and I flinch, glaring at him as he approaches.

"Hi." He grins and I stare at him without responding. He notices my apprehension and his smile widens. "You're Delilah aren't you? I recognized you the moment I saw you. You're much cuter in person."

I cringe at his statement ignoring the two students standing by his side. The one student I know from the basketball team has a rather smug smile on his face. It's pissing me off. I have a feeling about who this guy who's talking to me might be. When he realizes that I have no intention of responding, he sighs heavily before gripping my wrist lightly.

"Come with me." He instructs. Before I can protest I'm being hauled off leaving the students he was with behind.

What is this? And why am I allowing some stranger to do as he pleases? It's true that he has a very strong presence but I have a feeling I shouldn't have anything to do with him. I don't miss the fact that we're heading towards the gymnasium. In fact, a few minutes later we walk right through the main doors. The guy finally releases his hold on me, giving me a sly smile.

"You're looking for him right? Justin?" He asks and I frown causing him to chuckle.

He turns away from me and heads onto the basketball court where the players are located listening to their coach's lecture or speech.

"Yow Justin! Look at who I found!"

I gasp slightly. This guy! Did he have to yell like that? His voice even echoed off the walls. The entire team and the coach turn in our direction. A few seconds later Justin comes into view making his way out of their team circle.

Oh god, I've missed him. The sight of him dressed in the school uniform makes my heart skip a beat. But as usual he's not wearing it how he should. The sleeves of his undershirt and blazer are rolled up to his elbows, he's not wearing his tie and the top buttons on his white undershirt are undone. At least he has the pants on this time. I giggle softly when he doesn't notice me yet. He's fixated on that loud obnoxious guy.

"Vick would you keep it down? And where the hell have you been? I warned you to not mix with the students when I'm not around. That's not part of your job..." Justin hisses angrily.

So the guy's name is Vick huh? I take it he's part of the camera crew that will be following Justin around for this last semester.

"Relax J. I was only getting a feel for the new environment." Vick laughs, clearly dismissing Justin's warning.

"Don't tell me..." But Justin's words die out when he looks past Vick.

He gazes in my direction, his blues locking unto my gray-browns immediately.

"Lilah?" Justin voices softly in slight astonishment, his unpleasant mood immediately lifting. "Ah."  A large grin suddenly spreads across his face. In no time flat, he crosses the court to stand before me.

"Welcome back." Griping my hand, Justin pulls me against his chest before he wraps his arms around my waist and back, hugging me tightly. Well he sure doesn't waste any time. He also doesn't seem to care that we're the center of attention. And you know what? Neither do I. "Wow you're a sight. I've missed you. I've missed you so much Lilah." He whispers tenderly in my ear. I feel my heartbeat speed up as I breathe in his familiar scent.

Before I get a chance to reply, we're rudely interrupted.

"This is perfect, tell me you got that." I hear Vick say.

"Yeah I got it." Someone replies.

Justin's body stiffens as he reluctantly pulls away from me. He whips around and I watch silently as he storms over to Vick.

"You better not put that in the segment." Justin growls, gripping the camera and pushing it down. The cameraman glares at Justin but Justin's focus is on Vick. "No filming until classes start."

"Now where's the fun in that? Catching someone off guard always makes things more interesting." Vick sniggers.

Ugh, I've decided. I don't like this guy.

"Don't screw with me Vick. Do your damn job properly." Justin snaps at him.

"Fine Justin. You're so worked up today." Vick raises his hands in surrender. "It's that time of month is it?" He adds in for good measure, laughing boisterously at Justin's expense.

Groaning, Justin turns around and grips my hand in his ignoring Vick. "Let's go Lilah." He states.

"Aw, Justin I was only messing with you. Come on. Seriously, you're so pissy today. Ok I'm sorry alright? Hey, where are you going?" Vick calls out to Justin but Justin simply continues to ignore him.

"Ummm." I look around us at the other people who are gawking in awe at this scene. Justin doesn't seem to care at all. Oh boy.

"Coach, I'll get back to you later. Vick don't follow us!"

And with that, Justin pulls me along with him to exit the gymnasium.

I allow him to take the lead as we walk hand in hand through the hallways of Higher Heights. Justin seems oblivious to the stares coming our way or maybe he doesn't care. He seems quite indifferent to the people around us today. I'm not sure what's going on with him exactly. His grip on my hand tightens and I know that's his way of reassuring me that everything is or will be ok. We pick up the pace, weaving through students on our way.



We exit through one of the side doors and make our way outside under the hot sun. Ignoring the concrete walkways and paths, Justin cuts over the grass to where the visitor parking section is.

"Is there a reason why you're so silent and haven't said much?" I hear Justin ask me as I gaze at his broad back. He slows down a bit to turn and look at me, never releasing his hold on me. He has a smile on his face and I smile back at him.

I shake my head in reply and he rolls his eyes before facing forward. There really wasn't much time or space to say anything before he pulled me away.

As I gaze around, I notice the vehicle Justin's been driving since he's been here. We stop in front of it before he turns to face me, noting my curiosity.

"Hold on, what's going on exactly? Why did you bring me here?"

"You finally speak to me and this is the first thing you say? I'm hurt Lilah." He chuckles, finally releasing his hold on me to fish for his car key in his pant pocket.

"You're leaving?"

"Yes and I'm taking you with me. Get in." Justin instructs and I hesitate. "I know we just got back, but don't worry, I'll have you back by your dorm curfew so you won't get in trouble. Now let's go before someone spots us."

It's not like I was going to decline. I know he's probably doing this so we can have some privacy. I have no problem being alone with him. "Fine."

I get into the passenger side and Justin gets in on the driver's side. Seconds later we're leaving his parking spot and heading down towards the large school gates. As we pass the main entrance gates, where some students and their family members are gathered, to get unto the main road, I notice the back of Ryan's head and who I'd assume to be Ethan since most of him is blocked out by Ryan's body. There are also some of their friends surrounding them. They must have just gotten back.

Sighing, I turn away from the group and look ahead as Justin hits on the accelerator once we're out of the school's territory. I'm glad. At least now, I don't have to worry about Ryan and Ethan for a while.

"So..." Justin begins, breaking the silence between us.

"I've missed you too you know." I cut him off. "Welcome back." I finally give him a proper greeting and he chuckles, keeping his eyes on the road.

"I know. Feels kind of good to be back in that prison. I couldn't wait to see you again since this setting gives us the opportunity to spend a lot of time together. In fact, I have every intention of showing you just how much I've missed you once we get back to my place and we're alone." Justin utters softly.

I feel my heart flutter at his words. He said it so confidently. I'm a little scared but excited at the same time to find out what he means.

"Huh, we can't get too carried away."

"We won't." Justin assures and I giggle.

"Ok. So how was your flight out here?"

"It's was good. I slept. How about you?"

"Same." I reply. "So I've been meaning to ask you. That Vick guy..."

"Listen Lilah. Out of all the people who are going to be part of the crew for the 'cameras following us around school' bit, Vick is the one you should be the most aware of and cautious with. Don't get close to him, don't trust him and don't tell him anything no matter how much he asks. Believe me, if you slip up around him you'll regret it. I'm not trying to scare you or anything but I was pretty pissed off when I realized he was heading the crew on this job. Still, here's a fun fact; he's also one of the best in this field of work. He's the king of reality shows, with his current projects involving Jersey Shore, so you get the gist. But, he's only the best when he decides to follow the rules and do only his job." Justin explains.

"Ah I see. Got it."

"Don't worry. Everything will be ok. We're back together so we're going to make the best of it ok? Try not to think too much into our situation right now. I'm happy simply being with you like this. Things will work out; you'll see."

"Yeah." I sigh.

Justin grips my hand and lifts it up to his mouth. He places a gentle kiss on the back of my hand then gives it a light squeeze before releasing it.

When we stop at a red light, I turn to face him, taking in his beautiful profile.

"Hey Justin?"  I call out.

"Hmm?" He turns to face me and I lean over, gripping his face in my palms. His eyes widen in slight shock by my actions. Not wasting any time, I quickly plant a firm kiss on his lips.

When I attempt to move away, he takes off one of his hands from the steering wheel and grips the back of my head, deepening the kiss.

He releases a low sexy groan as he leans into me a bit more but before we can get too carried away we're snapped back to reality by the loud honking of a horn.

Reluctantly, we pull away from each other with me blushing and Justin licking at his lips. He diverts his attention back to the road and moves off at the green-light, but not before sticking his hand out of the window and showing the driver behind him the 'middle' finger.

I laugh softly, looking ahead as Justin drives at moderate speed towards the house he's renting out here while he attends Higher Heights.

I was right in thinking that once I had him with me I'd feel like I can take on anything. I felt so much more relaxed and less anxious the moment I laid eyes on him. I'm truly blessed to have this wonderful man by my side. I'm also grateful with how much he's helped me in the time I've known him. I hope I can also be a source of strength for him as well when needed.

"Here's to a good, productive but also fun semester." I state.

"Uh huh. I'm looking forward to it. I even managed to get into one of your classes."

"No way!"

"I did." Justin says proudly. "You'll see when we start. It should be interesting." He snickers, stealing a quick glance at me and I glare at him suspiciously. Do I even want to know what he's up to?

Well, whatever. I plan on making the best of our situations. Let's hope that for the most part, it'll be smooth sailing till graduation. That's not asking for too much is it?

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: privateschool school justin