Author's Chapter Notes:

Whew! Finally posting this up. Omg! I'm sorry for the wait. I'm going to try my best to never let this much time pass before I update again. I even started writing the next update already...

Sorry for escaped errors. I'll triple check again later.

But, I hope you guys like! Take caution when reading. *wink, wink* lol. Enjoy!

I forgot to add, I'm back with tasting-eden, so here's the url to my site: http://dreamzoncloud9.tasting-eden.com/


30. Birthday Surprise

Part 2

LA, California

At Justin's

Hours Later

 

"I just can't believe that you guys are actually here." I gush, looking at Sandra and Michelle.

"Well, you better believe it girl." Sandra giggles as we stand off in the corner in our own little clique catching up on everything since we left for summer break.

"I'm happy you guys are here though. I missed you." I admit.

"Aw, we missed you too. But you've been quite the busy one huh?" Michelle points out and I can't hide my blush.

"Well..."

"You're with Justin now. I mean, it's like...everywhere. You guys are the hot topic in Hollywood celebrity relationships, especially since your relationship is still a mystery to the public and all they can do is speculate, considering you guys haven't exactly gone public with it." Sandra explains and I nod, feeling slightly nervous by that fact.

I haven't done any research to find out just how much the public knows. I'm not sure I want to. Justin hasn't said much so it can't be that bad right?

"When you guys said Justin was a big deal, I totally underestimated that fact, but getting a firsthand experience of it..." I trail off, shaking my head at the earlier encounter Trace and I had. I still haven't told Justin about it, but I plan to. Hopefully he won't be too upset considering this is a regular part of his life.

"It can be overwhelming. I can see the uncertainty in your eyes Delilah. And, you know we want all the juicy details on everything that's happened since you left." Sandra smiles, searching my orbs intently. "But, all that can wait. It's your birthday, Justin invited us out here to spend it with you. The party's going great so far, I'm about ready for my next drink to get my tipsy on." Sandra giggles and Michelle and I laugh along with her. "Just know this..." Sandra adds in, her laughs dying out. "That man loves you Delilah. I mean, I didn't need to stumble across you guys on any tabloids or on television to know Justin is into you." Hold up, did she just say television!? "Truth be told, I think he was into you from the start. Can't blame him either. You're an amazing person, a great friend. And, he flew us out here just to be with you. That shows he really cares." Sandra explains, touching my shoulder lightly and I smile weakly, subconsciously scanning the room for Justin, spotting him off in the corner talking to Trace and his producer friend he introduced me to earlier known as Timbaland.

I look down at my charm bracelet, smiling softly.

"I know." I sigh heavily, shaking my head in agreement.

"Do you?" Michelle questions, studying me. "We don't know what's going on with you guys and, you can tell us when you're ready, maybe when we get back to school next month. But you're our friend Del and we know you. Justin has no idea how hard he's going to have to work at this relationship with you." Michelle says with a hint of disappointment in her tone. "I know you can't help put up walls but...just know that we can see how much Justin cares and this life with him isn't going to be easy. So, once you're sure that you're ready then..."

"I know...that he loves me. And I...I love him too." I explain, giving my two worried friends a reassuring smile.

I love them both. They're always there looking out and I know they are only concerned for me because they got front row seats to my meltdown back when Ethan and I were having our drama. I'm sure they don't want a replay of that and neither do I, which is why I've kept my heart guarded for so long. But with Justin, he's proven to me over and over that he's worth the risk, that I don't have to worry when it comes to him. But Michelle is right; he did have to work really hard to get me to open up and he's still working, but I'm willing to meet him half way because I'd like for us to have a future together.

"Good. Take it one day at a time and most importantly, don't let the public dictate your relationship. That's the breaking point for a lot of celeb relationships." Michelle voices and I nod, storing her advice in memory. I'll need all the help I can get since I'm being pulled into this life whether I like it or not.

"Noted." I smile widely and that elicits giggles from them and just like that the light happy mood between us is back.

"Now, I could use another drink." Sandra explains, excusing herself to head over to the small bar Rachel and Justin set up.

Michelle and I watch her retreating form before we're joined by my brother.

 

"Ladies." Marco drawls before sipping on his beer.

"Hey Marco, what's up?" I question, and he shrugs, his orbs scanning the room briefly before his attention is back on me.

"Nothing much, just came to see how the birthday girl is doing." He teases, shoving me in the shoulder lightly and I shove him back causing him to chuckle. I've really missed my brother.

"I'll uh, see you guys later. I'm going to head over to the guys and talk to Trace." Michelle utters and I wink for her, laughing as she slips away from us.

"Michelle got a thing for Trace?" Marco questions curiously and I shrug innocently.

"Uh, you could say that. I think the feeling's mutual." I muse, watching as Michelle joins in Justin, Trace and Timbaland's conversation.

Justin looks in my direction in that moment and we lock eyes with each other briefly. He gives me a cute shy smile before raising his glass and I wave at him before Marco claims my attention again.

"So how has it been out here so far?" Marco asks and I gaze at him.

"Fun. Justin, Trace and Rachel have really gone out of their way to make me feel at home." I point out.

"And do you feel at home here?" Marco questions, curving his brows in curiosity.

"Yes." I reply without hesitation.

"Could you see this place as actually being your home one day?" He asks again and that's when I frown lightly.

It's funny but, even if I'm wondering why he asked me this, I'm not wondering about what answer to give. "Yes. California is great. I could see myself living here one day...maybe, you know once I'm out of school and building my life."

"Ok." Marco nods, finishing his beer.

"Ok? That's it?" I laugh nervously. You can never tell with my brother sometimes.

"As long as you're happy Lili, I'm happy." Marco grins. "Besides, it was pretty cool of Justin to invite us out here for you so that scores him points in my book. Now have fun huh? It's your party. I'm going to see where Mom and Dad disappeared to. They said something about bouncing into Justin's mom when they came from the bathroom and that they were going to talk to her or something..." Marco's voice drifts off as he leaves me to head in search of our parents.

"Alright." I call out and he makes a hand gesture in acknowledgement before he's gone.

I still can't believe that my brother actually likes Justin. That's epic.

But why does the thought or mention of Justin's mom make me so nervous? I still have no idea how she really feels about me. I haven't talked to her much since I've been here. I feel like I'm always missing her because she's always out since she's a busy woman. The few times I have spoken to her, she spent those times questioning me on any and everything she could think of but she's always been pleasant and made me feel comfortable. I still can't help but feel that maybe she's not too happy with me claiming so much of her son's attention.

 

"You're finally alone I see."

I cringe at the sound of my cousin's voice and slowly turn around to lock eyes with him.

"Ryan, I..." But he cuts me off.

"I know me being here isn't the best birthday surprise you could ask for. But, I just want you to know that I'm happy we haven't completely fallen out. I'm glad that even if you don't like or understand my ‘friendship' with Ethan, you somehow look past it."

I gaze at him for a bit, taking in his deep blue eyes, light stubble and slightly worried expression.

"I haven't looked past that fact Ryan. I've simply learnt to deal with it." I explain, a light scowl now forming on my face as I continue to study my cousin.

"Well, whatever the case may be..." But he drifts when he sees the displeased look on my face. "There's a reason you know. I promise you that Delilah...there's a reason we still appear to be friends after what he did to you all those years ago." Ryan voices, scratching at his scruff lightly.

"Do enlighten me cousin." This I'd love to hear.

Ryan bites his bottom lip as his blues remain locked onto my gray-browns. His mouth hangs open slightly, and for a moment, my breath hitches when it looks like he's about to give some type of explanation, but then his stare falters and his eyes drift to look past me.

His blues narrow and he releases a light sigh before his attention is back on me.

"You'll find out, in due time. Maybe then, you won't hate me so much. But even if I were to attempt to tell you anything now, I don't think your boyfriend would grant me enough time to get anything out..."

Completely taken aback by his statement, I shake my head in confusion, about to ask him what he means but I stall when I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. Immediately, I understand and give Ryan a questionable glare before a small smile slides across my lips.

 

"I hope you're enjoying yourself and your mood isn't being altered by a certain someone."

I snort when Justin's voice floats out in a soft yet protective tone next to my ear. He leans in and places a light kiss on my cheek and I notice Ryan roll his eyes at the gesture.

"I'm good. Ryan and I were just catching up is all." I voice, keeping my eyes on Ryan as he shifts his weight on his feet before he opts to leave.

"Yes, something like that." Ryan agrees, smiling lightly. "Happy birthday Delilah. Enjoy the rest of your night."

With that, Ryan excuses himself and swiftly leaves, exiting the game room.

I wonder for a moment where he's off too, but I soon forget about it when Justin flips me around to face him.

He looks down at me suspiciously.

"What? Don't give me that look. You were the one who invited him." I laugh.

"I really don't know why you entertain him." Justin smirks.

"He's my cousin Justin. He's blood. I can't completely disown the guy."

"Really? Some cousin. And for the record, your parents were the ones who said it would be bad to leave Ryan alone in the house considering he came home for summer break to spend time with the family. I was all for it, but I wasn't about to disagree with your folks so...he's here...unfortunately." Justin snickers and I roll my eyes, giggling.

"Despite what you might think, Ryan's not all bad."

"No, but he's mostly a royal pain so it pans out." Justin chuckles and I sigh, my smile never faltering.

"Ok, ok, enough about my cousin." I say with a dismissive wave of my hand. "This party has been going great, I'm having fun, the night is still young..."

"And now that everyone is properly entertained, I think we should sneak off and have some alone time." Justin adds in, finishing my sentence.

I look around at the many guests mingling, enjoying the music and chatting. I wasn't nearly as star struck as I thought I'd be, but I think it's because I had too much on my mind already to pay attention to anything else.

Still, Justin's right. We could use some alone time. We've hardly spent any time together since the party picked up hours ago.

"Ok, let's go." I giggle, gripping Justin's hand in mine.

A large grin spreads across his face as we move towards the exit to head to another part of his home.

 

*****

 

"I was sure you were going to bring me back to the bedroom with all that talk you gave me earlier." I giggle as Justin leads us into a dark room and shuts the door behind us.

I stand awkwardly by the door, my eyes starting to adjust to the darkness before he finds the light switch and flips it on.

"We've spent enough time in there." Justin chuckles. "You've never been to this room before, so, I figured now was as good a time as any."

As my eyes adjust to my new surroundings, I let out a soft gasp in awe. "Wow, I didn't realize you had your own in house studio."

"Most successful artists do. So, do you like it?" Justin inquires, looking at me anxiously, maybe seeking my approval.

I hesitate as I scan the spacious room. I notice the large soundboard, the recording booth, the large ebony piano in the corner, a couch, a large flat mahogany table and some other equipment lying around.

"I love it. I think it's awesome. But Justin, you hardly ever discuss or share your music side with me." I point out.

Is it bad that I've never seen him live in action being the amazing singer and performer that he is? I mean, I know he's mostly been collaborating and producing these days but I've never witnessed any of it.

"I know and I want to change that. I thought about it and figured, this is a huge part of my life and it's the part you hardly know about. And like you said, we won't be at Higher Heights forever and when that's over, if we're going to work as a couple outside of that school, I need you to be comfortable with the other parts of my life. I need you to accept all of me Delilah. Somehow, I don't think you have...not yet. You're still stuck on this notion that I'm your Justin from that school and that's cool, I love that, but, there's so much more and..."

"Justin." I interrupt him, smiling. "I know." I say with a nod.

"Know what exactly?" He inquires curiously.

"I know there's this other side of you, the side that the public sees and relishes in. I've told you, I'm ok with your superstar status." I admit.

"Liar." He chuckles.

"I'm not lying!"  I say in defense, moving away from him and heading over to take a sit in front of the piano. He follows me and takes a seat next to me, turning to face me.

"Yes, you're a liar. You're not ok with any of it Lilah. Give me some credit here. I know you well enough to know this terrifies the heck out of you."

"You're not wrong. But, I'm seriously ok with it."

"You've accepted that this is my life, you're learning to deal...say that instead." Justin muses, his blues holding my gaze.

"Fine, whatever." I sigh and he grins in return.

"Ok, would you like me to play you something since we're here?" he inquires, lifting the cover of the piano to expose the ebony and ivory keys.

I stare at the instrument and then back at him before biting my lip slightly. This is almost over. I'm going back to Boston soon and then, it's back to that ‘prison' according to Justin. My time here was amazing but when I'm back in my neck of the woods I just know reality is going to be hitting me hard. Still...I'm enjoying tonight way too much to have it end now.

"How about we take a rain check? You can play for me tomorrow and even when we get back to school." I voice.

"Ok." Justin nods in agreement. "So what do you want to do then?"

Smiling shyly I grip his shirt and pull him towards me. "I want you to kiss me."

Justin's eyes widen and I laugh. "I can definitely do that." He chuckles before leaning in to press his soft lips against mine.

 

*****

 

Somewhere in the midst of us kissing, we got carried away.

I'm only saying this because Justin just lifted me up to sit on the large mahogany table near the soundboard.

"So, I distinctly remember you saying something along the lines of I would be yours doing whatever you wanted me to do, blah, blah, blah..." I hum against Justin's lips as he's nestled between my legs, his grip on my waist tightening slightly as he kisses me before he smiles lightly against my lips.

"Don't tease me." He warns, releasing a light growl as his large hands snake beneath my shirt...

"I also remember you saying I'd initiate the whole thing..." I'm enjoying this; it's fun messing with him.

"And I was right. You're the one who wanted me to kiss you remember?" He says softly and I gasp, pulling away from him.

I gaze into his blues, curving a brow when he gives me a lazy smile in return, his palms caressing my bare sides and the base of my back. "You weren't kidding." I voice.

"I figured you'd be so excited and happy that I surprised you with your family and friends that you wouldn't be able to take your hands off me." He shrugs innocently and my mouth gapes open slightly before I burst out laughing.

"Oh my god Justin, that's sneaky. But, you're not wrong..." I drift, gripping a fistful of his shirt to pull him closer to me. "Thank you." I whisper against his lips and he nods slowly, his eyes fluttering shut momentarily.

He knows I'm thanking him for a lot more than simply surprising me with my family and friends on my birthday. I have so much to be thankful for right now and a lot of it has to do with him from the moment he stepped into my life.

"You're welcome." He whispers back before he begins kissing me again, his kisses delicate and sensual as his hands carefully roam my body.

I inhale deeply, feeling this innate need for him. I don't care where we are or the fact that there's a party going on right now. Yes it's my party but that's ok. I simply...want him. I need him.

"J?" I say softly, breaking our kiss.

"Hmm." He replies with his eyes shut tight.

"I want you...right here....right now." I voice shyly and I note how his orbs slowly open to meet my gaze.

He nods, not saying a word as he pulls away from me. He helps me to get on my feet before he heads over to the door and locks it.

I stand awkwardly, looking around, relishing in the fact that this place is probably one of his most personal, private places where he can come to be alone and get his creative juices flowing, and, he shared it with me.

My breath catches in my throat when Justin walks back up to me. I look up at him, noting the slight smirk on his face as he eyes me.

"Are you sure you want to do this here?" He asks with caution and I shake my head.

"Yes." I say boldly. "Now, take those off." I demand, pointing to his shirt and jeans.

He chuckles lightly, allowing me to help him disrobe.

I help him pull off his shirt and he easily steps out of his jeans, shoes and socks to remain in just his boxers. I take a small step back to get a good look at him. My eyes roam over his upper torso before my hands stretch out to gently touch him, the heat of his skin sending shivers through my body. Slowly, my fingertips trail over his firm chest and inch down to his abs. He breathes in deeply, his eyes fixated on my hands as I continue to explore, loving the tiny light freckles on his skin.

"Ok, ok..." Justin stops me by gripping my hand. "This is torture." He points out and I giggle. "It's your turn to strip." He voices and I roll my eyes.

"Fine." I mutter then proceed to remove my shirt and jeans in record time.

Justin remains in place, his blues attached to me like glue as he studies everything I'm doing silently. I wink for him, now standing in just my underwear, and that elicits a low chuckle from him as he closes the gap between us. He looks down at me, cupping my cheek with his palm as his other hand brushes some of my short raven hair out of my face.

"Hey." He whispers playfully.

"Hey." I whisper back and he smiles for a bit before his expression turns serious.

"I love you Lilah." He states, studying my expressions closely.

"Aw, I love you too J." I coo, but he shakes his head.

"No, you don't get it. I really, truly do..." He trails off, blinking slowly as his face creases into a light frown. "If anything happened to tear us apart...I'd be devastated." He divulges and I swallow hard, looking away. "Hey look at me." He demands, gripping my chin and turning my head. "I mean it." He voices and I can't help but wonder why he's telling me this...why he's so adamant about this. I get it. I know how he feels. He has nothing to worry about. I'm not running away. "Don't break my heart Lilah." He says softly. "I don't think I'd be able to deal if you did."

Why do I get the feeling like he's scared I'm going to just up and leave him? He can't possibly still think that. Not after everything we've been through.

Sighing, I pull him down and place a light kiss on his lips to ease his worries. Pulling away, I let my fingers trail over his jaw line and then his mouth.

"I'm not going anywhere Justin." I point out and he nods, breathing deeply as he looks into my gray-browns.

"Good. Neither am I." He replies before gripping my waist and pushing me back towards the table.

In one swift motion, he lifts me to sit on top of the furniture again and I hiss softly at the cool surface against my skin.

Justin immediately gets to work, attaching his lips to my neck as he kisses me there and creates a light suction making me squirm.

My heartbeat increases and I feel my chest warm as he helps me to undo my bra and then toss it to the side. Seconds later, he moves back to pull off my underwear.

I'm now completely naked and vulnerable sitting on that table inside of Justin's studio but he doesn't seem to mind. A rather devious smile floats across his lips as he looks at me intently.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're absolutely beautiful when you're naked?" Justin jokes and I groan softly.

"No, that would be just you and your corny ass self." I wisecrack and he huffs lightly.

"Uh huh..." he drawls, gripping my thighs and pulling me towards the edge of the table. He situates himself between my legs again as his arms wraps around my waist to pull me closer.

His bare chest fuses with mine as he dips his head to kiss my nose lightly and then the side of my mouth.

"Ugh, Justin please." I whine, wrapping my legs around his waist to pull him in.

"Please what?" He chuckles.

"You know what. Don't do this." I groan and he continues to chuckle.

"Impatient much?"

"We have a party to get back to, or did you forget?" I point out and he shrugs uncaringly.

"Ehh..." he mutters and my orbs widen slightly.

"Now who's the one teasing?" I say accusingly.

"I'm sorry. But I have to admit, I love seeing you squirm."

"Here, let me help you." I state, ignoring his last statement.

Using my hands, I lean to the side and grip his boxers before slowly pushing them down his slim waist. He doesn't try to stop me. Instead, he remains in place allowing me to continue my task until his erection finally springs out and I gasp slightly. Not missing a beat, I grip him in my palm, appreciating his size and the fact that he's solid and ready.

His breathing deepens when I caress him slowly, my hand trailing up and down his length as I study his expressions. He bites his lower lip lightly as his blues pierce my gray-browns.

I feel like my entire body is on fire right now with how hot this all is. I'm practically flowing like a river here, but I like having control, I like driving Justin crazy because I just think he's so damn adorable. I mean, really, no one person should ooze such sex appeal. That's dangerous.

"Alright..." He finally speaks, his voice horse and strained. He removes my hand and situates himself right where I need him most. I hold my breath when I feel the head of his erection slide over my folds as he uses one of his hands to guide himself to my opening. "Ready?" He asks in a low husky voice and I nod, wrapping my arms around his neck as he grips my thighs tightly.

I can practically feel and hear my rigorous heartbeat in my ears but I don't care. My eyes flutter shut and I inhale deeply when Justin slowly begins sliding into me, a soft hiss escaping him in the process.

"Oh gosh." I moan, my hold on him tightening as he sinks into me, expanding my walls.

"Fuck." Justin groans, his fingers digging into my thighs as he pants lightly, his chest rising and falling harshly.

I arch my back a little when he pulls almost all the way out then sinks back into me with one powerful thrust.

Justin growls softly, keeping a firm grip on me as he sets a steady pace and my toes curl as I hold his gaze, his eyes filled with so many emotions it's almost unbearable.

"Tell me you love me Lilah." He whispers, leaning forward to kiss my lips lightly as he drives me crazy with how he's working me out.

"What? Justin..." Why is he...what's going on with him?

"Tell me." He demands, his thrusts picking up power and speed.

I swallow harshly, biting back the light scream that's on the tip of my tongue when he finally finds my g-spot. His brows curve partially when I tense and he knows he's found it.

"Justin...why do you want me to..." I drift off, my voice failing me as ripples of pleasure surge through my body, my stomach feeling light and airy as Justin continues thrusting in and out of me, never slowing his pace, his hips moving fluidly.  

"Because..." he pants, bowing his head slightly as he takes in how we're connected before he reestablishes eye contact with me. "I need to hear you say it." He pleads, his voice soft and grainy.

I feel my heart flutter when I take in the almost sad expression on his face, but it disappears quickly and it's replaced by concentration mixed with pleasure.

"Justin." I coo, gripping his face with my palms and pulling him in until our naked bodies are perfectly fused together, the heat between us making us numb to the air-conditioned room. "I love you. Do you hear me? I love you. I'm not going anywhere." I admit, fully embracing the concept for the first time since I've said those words to him.

He's searching my eyes now, a soft moan escaping him when my walls constrict around him since my orgasm is drawing near. I'm a little scared at how raw and untamed his emotions tend to be whenever we're like this. Sex with him is mind-blowing and emotional and I really don't do well with emotions.

"Promise?" He asks, a small smile curling into the corners of his lips.

"Promise." I voice, feeling like I can truly keep this promise to him. I know I'll try my damn near hardest and then some.

"Ok." He breathes deeply, leaning in to press his lips against mine as his speed slows down a bit. He grips under my thighs and lifts my legs slightly higher around his slender waist so he can sink deeper and that's all it takes for me to feel that tightened feeling in my abdomen as my orgasm starts pushing to the surface.

My breaths are short and choppy and I can hardly control my moans as Justin steals the air right out of my lungs, his soft lips molding with mine perfectly.

When I feel his hips jerk slightly, I know he's close to his release too but he keeps his rhythm nonetheless, his fingernails lightly grazing over my thighs as his body begins to tense.

I break our lip-lock, sucking in air, trying to hold out a little longer to relish in how amazing this feels but Justin shakes his head, his beautiful blues absorbing my features closely.

"Let it out baby." He coaxes me, his thrusts long and deep and I nibble on my bottom lip nodding as I relax my muscles, allowing my orgasm to rip through me violently. I gasp, my orbs widening as my vision blurs due to the intensity of my orgasm.  

Justin follows soon after, letting out a deep grunt as he reaches his climax, warming my insides with his release.

He loosens the tight grip he has on my legs before his big strong hands slowly trail up my sides, gliding over my stomach and gripping my breasts softly until they make their way to my hair.

 

We remain in place, neither of us moving as we try to catch our breath. Justin has a small satisfied grin on his face and I smile at him lazily, my fingertips now tracing patterns over his chest lightly as he moves my hair out of my face and behind my ears.

"So..." he begins and I sigh.

"So?" I gesture for him to continue but he doesn't. He simply resorts to staring at me.  "Ok, you're being creepy now Justin." I giggle and he shrugs, still staring.

"I've been thinking." He says and I nod, waiting for him to continue. "What exactly are your plans when you graduate at the end of the school year?"

"Uh...get a job?" I muse and he rolls his eyes, finally sliding out of me. I pout lightly at the absence before he helps me off the table.

I look at the piece of furniture thinking he's definitely going to have to come back in here and clean it, or I could do it for him if he wanted. Ha!

"We should get dressed." He voices, quickly finding his boxers and slipping them on before he helps me gather my clothes.

A calm silence falls between us as we put back on all of our clothes before Justin lifts his head to look at me.

"Lilah, I'm going to ask you something and I need you to answer honestly." Justin states.

"Ok." I agree, waiting for him to continue as I use my hands to try and fix my hair the best way I can.

"Could you see yourself maybe...I don't know...moving out here after graduation to possibly pursue your art career?" He inquires.

The moment he asks me this I think of my brother and that fact that he asked me practically the same thing earlier at the party.

"Don't do well with long distance relationships huh?" I joke and Justin chuckles, gripping my hand in his.

"Actually, you're lucky to be seeing me this much considering our situation and the fact that I'm tied to that school until I've done all my time." He points out. I will never understand why he insists that the school is a prison. I guess because he's so used to being free and able to move from place to place as he wishes. "With my career, I'm always traveling. So, when I get back to my life...and you're a part of it....you won't be seeing me as often. I'm going to need you to be ok with that." He divulges and I nod, finally understanding his concern.

"Yes, I could see myself moving out here...if that's what it takes to be close to you as much as possible." I confess and he shakes his head, visibly relaxing by my statement.

"Right. We should probably start getting back to the party before people start looking for us." He chuckles and I laugh softly, agreeing with him as he squeezes my hand gently before leading us out of his mini studio.

We easily fall into comfortable conversation, talking and laughing as we head back to our family and friends...

 

*****

 

Justin and I are so busy conversing while holding hands as we make our way back to the party that I'm taken aback when he suddenly turns quiet, his voice fading out as he stops walking abruptly.

I frown, looking at him before following his line of sight, my body turning partially as I do so.

I feel my chest tighten at the sight of my mom and dad standing in the near distance talking to Justin's mom and...and...

"Jessica's here?"  I ask lightly and Justin looks at me before his focus is back on our parents.

They haven't seen us yet from where they are standing in the hallway, close to the game room where the party is being held. I can hear the faint hums of the music playing inside there, the closed door concealing the volume level.

Justin releases the hold he has on me and he takes a few steps forward, clearing his throat, grasping everyone's attention.

"Oh! There you all are!" My mom is the first to speak as she looks at Justin and then at me with a warm smile on her face.

"Mom?" I question as she comes over to me to give me a light hug and kiss on the cheek. "What's going on?" And where the heck is Marco when I need him?

"Baby, you're missing your own party. Where did you all disappear to?" My mom asks jovially, but I ignore her, my vision trained on Jessica and Justin's mom.

Justin's mom looks slightly upset and my dad seems to be simply standing off in the corner, keeping to himself.

Justin turns around to look at my mom with a smile. "I was just showing Lilah around my studio room Linda, since she's never been in there." He grins and I fight back a blush as I avoid eye contact with him.

"You mean the same studio you always said was off limits? That it was your own personal space?"

That was Jessica and I'm pretty sure her tone was bitter and biting for a reason. I take it she's never been in Justin's studio before, the same place we just made love in only moments earlier. Again, I find myself trying my damndest not to blush. And judging by the look on Justin's face, I'd say he was starting to get pissed off.

"Why are you here Jess?" He asks calmly, but before Jess can respond, Justin's mom beats her to the punch.

"I invited her over Justin." Lynn explains and I don't think I want to be here for this.

"Wait, what? Why?" Justin asks his mom and she shrugs.

"Jess is like a daughter to me Justin. I considered her a part of the family once if you're forgetting." Lynn voices. "I only wanted to catch up. I didn't know you all were barely speaking. I thought your little surprise party for Delilah would have been a good time for us to ‘hang out' as you young folks put it."  Lynn laughs softly.

I groan, dipping my head when my mom wraps her arm around my shoulders, the smile on her face never fading.

"Uh...ok." Justin states, not really knowing what to say to that. "So..." But Lynn cuts him off.

"I just find it interesting that I had to hear from the Marshalls here about your little trip to Boston not too long ago, in depth. Oh and having your manager Johnny call me to ask me about you and your..." She trails as she looks at me. "...girlfriend here, after you all were spotted at the supermarket shopping together is well...well I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to hear about my son from everyone else except him." Lynn explains and I watch how Justin's face pales by her statement.

I know he's close to his mom so I can only imagine how she must feel now being out of the loop.

"Ma, can we not talk about this right now?" Justin pleads and Lynn waves her hands in dismissal, granting his request.

"Fine. I'm sorry." Lynn apologizes. "Delilah sweetie, forgive me if I've made you feel uncomfortable. That's not my intention. I'm simply trying to understand what's been going on with my son these days." Lynn smiles and I nod in understanding.

"It's ok." I say in a small voice.

"Ok, ok, this is...too awkward even for me." Justin cuts in. "Mom, Jess, enjoy your girl bonding time. Mr. and Mrs. Marshall, if you guys would like, feel free to join us back at the party." Justin takes charge, coming back over to grip my hand before he walks by his mom, stopping to give her a light kiss on the cheek.

He completely ignores Jessica who's eyeing us silently before he escorts my parents and me back into the game room.

Once we're inside, I spot Marco talking and laughing with Trace, Rachel, Sandra and Michelle in their own little circle. My dad quickly excuses himself to join them and say 'hi' I'd assume while my mom stays behind, standing next Justin and me.

"Justin, I'm going to hold you to that tour of William Rast before we head back to Boston!" My mom voices over the blaring music.

Justin turns to look at her with a rather huge grin on his face and I can't help but roll my eyes at them.

"You got it Linda! It would be my pleasure." He replies and she claps lightly in excitement.

Ugh!

I don't know why, but I'm kind of upset with how easy it was for my parents to fall in love with Justin. I know I shouldn't be; I should be grateful. He barely had any work to do on his end. Hell he barely had to turn on any charm and he had my mom hooked.  I guess I just thought that after my experience with Ethan, my parents would have been a little more hard-ass with any guy that came into the picture. Not that Justin is someone they should worry about, because he's amazing and I'm sure they see that. I mean, even Marco likes him!

It's just, maybe I'm feeling this way because it's so easy for Justin to fit in perfectly with my family and life and for me, when it comes to his life, to his family and friends, I have to really try and I feel like it's not fair, like it shouldn't be this hard to be accepted into his circle.

Yes, I get why his family and friends would be guarded considering he's a celebrity and all that jazz. But I can't shake the feeling that no matter how hard I try not everyone is going to be fully pleased with me in the equation. More importantly, his mom seems quite hesitant to the idea of us being together, even if she's been nothing but nice to me. If Justin's mom feels this way, what will his fans and the public think and feel when they really find out about me?

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: privateschool school justin