1. Trading Lives

January...

Somewhere in New York...

 

I can't believe I'm doing this.

I can't believe I signed up for this.

What the fuck was I thinking?

"Justin, we're here."

Turning to face my bodyguard Mike, I cringe. Not because we just reached our destination, but, because I can see a swarm of people already gathering around our jeep.

"Shit." I mutter, shaking my head in disdain. "I think I made a mistake Mike." I panic, turning to face the larger man but he simply smirks, killing the engine of the ride as a group of security guards come out of nowhere and circle around the ride like a protective shield.

"You wanted this, you got it Justin."

"But..."

"No buts dude. You need to do this for you and for everyone who's counting on you."

"Oh sure Mike, no pressure." I mutter sarcastically.

"Your mom is proud of you if that helps."

"Whatever." I brush him off before grabbing my book-bag and getting ready to depart his ride.

"Welcome to your new home for the next year Justin. Don't fuck it up ok? Do what you have to do. And try to go easy on the women here. They're not your regular Hollywood starlets. This was your idea remember that." Mike points out and I scoff.

If he thinks I'm going to practice abstinence for a year while I'm here, he's got another thing coming. I'm going to at least get something good out of this goddamn it.

Looking out at the large grounds of the boarding school I cringe again and swallow hard when I see a bunch of uniformed students looking on in awe and intrigue.

The security guards are blocking them from going any further and I can't help but wonder if they'll eventually mob me when the guards aren't here.

"Don't worry J. The headmaster spoke to them. All the students sighed contract agreements that they'll give you your space and treat you like another regular student at Higher Heights Boarding School. Now go. This will be a good experience for you." Mike gives me a light shove on my shoulder and I groan in annoyance, turning to look at him with pleading eyes.

"How did I get into this mess?"  I question and his mouth twitches into a smile.

"I recall a certain talk show and a certain fan calling you out and telling you that you wouldn't last one day living a regular life, going to one of the toughest schools in the country because you never had that experience growing up. He said you'd be lost without your handlers, fame and fortune and you who can't seem to resist a challenge, took him up on that offer on live television. What did you expect would happen Justin? The media wouldn't leave you alone after that so you had to go through with it by trading places with one of the students at this school for a year. You get to live their life, and they get to live yours."

"But how the fuck does that work Mike? The fucker is not me. He doesn't sing like me or look like me and it sucks that I only get to meet the bastard when this year is over."

"Well, he's going to get training with Trace for William Rast and Tennman. He'll do appearances and partake in everything you did. The only thing he won't be doing is the studio work and singing but you're covered for that. Just go." Mike spits, aggravated with my hesitation.

"What if I get mobbed? You won't be there." I panic, swinging the door of the ride open, only to be greeted by screaming prep girls. Just fucking great.

"You won't. Get out of my ride Justin. I'll see you when you get summer break. Bye."

With that said, Mike shoves me until my feet hit the pavement and I slam his door shut.

Standing awkwardly in front of the large boarding school gates with my luggage in tow I heave a sigh, waving at the few girls calling out to me.

I can't believe it; I'm going back to school for the next year. Me, Justin Timberlake.

I'm so stupid. I should have never answered that ‘school question' the way I did to the talk show host a couple months back.

They asked me if I had a chance to go back to school would I and I said ‘sure it would be a piece of cake compared to the life I'm living now.'

And, this one fan from the audience who actually went to this boarding school called me out on it.

Now, here I am, because stupid me couldn't keep my mouth shut.

I'm not even sure who I switched places with yet, but I'm sure I'll see his face on television sucking up and enjoying the good life, my life, which I miss already.

All I know is that his name is Henry Foxworth III.

Yeah, it's a suck-ass name. I hate it already. I hate him already and he hasn't even done anything really. He just better not drive my cars.

Since the school was at full capacity, the only option was to trade places with one of the students and since Henry was on his last year, it worked out great. He had no problem pushing that year back...little fucker.

Ugh! I hate this.

"Mr. Timberlake?"

Turning to my right at the sound of a shy feminine voice, I plaster a fake smile on my face, fixing my book-bag on my shoulder while I wriggle my legs in the black pants I'm wearing. These uniforms are atrocious! And I would know since I'm a fashion designer. Whoever thought of the black pants, dark blue blazer, white shirts and red ties needs to be shot dead.

"Hi?" I question, eyeing the girl suspiciously.

"Hi!" She beams, her short frame shifting uncomfortably under my gaze.

Smirking, I take in her short blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She's kind of cute. Short, but cute.

"It's Justin by the way."  I smile, laying on the charm and she blushes.

Score one for me.

"I'm Cindy Carter and I'm your welcome committee. I was sent to help you get settled into your dorm room, show you around and get you to your first class which is two hours from now so we have time." She speaks up and a deep scowl graces my features.

"Hold up. Dorm room?" I swallow harshly. "As in sharing with other guys? I was told I would have my own apartment outside of here." I visibly shudder at the thought of living in a dorm room.

"Well, yes, you will, but your apartment is not ready yet, so you'll be staying on campus until it is. We'll let you know when you can move out so don't worry. Now, please follow me." She pipes up, whipping around with her clipboard in hand and I lean back a bit, lifting my hand to pass over my short head of hair.

"Great, these are going to be the longest months of my life before summer break." I mutter as I grab my luggage on wheels and follow her through the entrance gates of Higher Heights, the gawking females giving us enough space to pass.

Hmm, I guess Mike was right. They are going to give me my space here. Well, that's good.

"Your first class is Contemporary History, so I took the liberty of getting your three history books you'll be using. You also have calculus, physics and biology." Cindy mutters and all I can do is stare at her back, trying to keep up with her fast strides.

Great, this is going to be a nightmare. Who the fuck signed me up for these classes?

Oh right, I said something about wanting to do medicine didn't I? I'm so stupid. I should have just done art seeing as I'm an artist. That would be a piece of cake. You know what? I just might do that. I'm switching my major first chance I get.

As my eyes scan the large expanse of grass and trees in front of us and the few lingering students walking around, a small gasp escapes me when the large school comes into view. It has an old architectural style to it like nineteenth century London but we're still in America so...

"Nice." I mutter with a nod and Cindy steals a glance at me before letting out a content sigh.

"I know right? You'll like it here, just give it time." She voices and I roll my eyes.

I hardly think I'll like it here, but I'm not going to even voice that on my first day.

"Oh and we need to visit the headmaster's office. He thought pairing you up with a buddy for the first month or so would be good since you're new. It's so they can show you the ropes and whatnot. I'd do it but I'm too busy with all these other committees. I think you'll have Delilah Marshall since she's the only volunteer free now. We'll see." Cindy adds in and I growl under my breath.

This is just fucking fantastic. I don't want some random stranger following me around for the next month all up in my ass. No, I won't have that.

Again, I'm so stupid. Why oh why did I challenge that asshole on live television for the entire world to see?

And, my record label is eating this shit up too since it's getting me attention. They figure this is great publicity and gives my image an angle with the whole ‘Justin Timberlake is going back to school' bit. They said it would be good to keep my face out there and have the media checking up on me periodically since I have no plans of returning to the studio to make another album any time soon. Fucking executives.

If I'm lucky, this will only be a dream and I'll wake up from it shortly to find out that I'm still back in Cali at my home living the good life.

Unfortunately, I don't think luck's on my side for this...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: privateschool school justin