“Ding!” The elevator chimed to let them know it had reached their floor.

“Ugh does that damn thing have to be so loud?” Rhena’ asked as she put her still aching head on the cool metal of the elevator.

“Yup it did it just to punish you, you know that right?”

“Hush!” Rhena said as she massaged her head in her hands.

“You will feel better once you eat, trust me” Dawn said as the elevator announced that they had reached the lobby and the girls exited and headed toward the restaurant.

“Welcome!”  The maître d said to them as they entered.       “How may I help you?”

“We are meeting someone, I believe that he is in your private dinning area” Dawn said as the Maître d checked the list.

“Ahh, Mr. Chasez” He said in a whisper.       “Right this way” He said as he led the girls through the restaurant through and then through another door, where they were met my JC, with sunglasses on and a grimace on his face. After taking drink orders, the maître d quietly left.

“Looks like you are in the same position as Rhena here” Dawn said quietly to JC.

“I should have never done those whiskey shots” JC said as he sipped on a diet sprite.

“What is it with you two and whiskey, can’t you all hold your liquor?” Dawn said as she laughed quietly.

“It appears that at this time we cannot” Rhena said as she welcomed the humongous diet sprite from the smiling maître d.

“I second that” JC said as the maître d refilled his sprite and he took a huge drink.

“Are you ready to place your order?” The maître d asked.

“I think so” Dawn answered as she glanced around the table seeing JC and Rhena’s nods of approval. 

“I would like to have the traditional breakfast” JC said as he popped a few pepto bismol tabs to tame the roller coaster in his stomach.

“I want the fruit platter and lowfat blueberry muffin” Dawn said as she took a drink of her diet raspberry iced tea.

“I’ll have the fruit as well and the bacon biscuit” Rhena said as she checked her watch to see when she could take another couple of asprin.  They made idol chit chat, telling funny stories and such until their food came.  They all dove into their food and chewed silently not one looking at the other. When they were about finished JC’s cellphone rang.

“Hello?” He said as he swallowed.

“Hey, JC, I don’t mean to bother you while you are eating, but I need for you to find Dawn and ask her if she has heard anything from school, because if she is going to be with us I need to get the paperwork rolling so that it will be all ironed out before we hit the road again” Janelle breathlessly said into the phone.

“Hold on let me ask” JC said as he moved the phone’s mouthpiece away.

“Ask what?” Rhena said looking up.

“If Dawn has heard anything from school yet, Janelle needs to know due to paperwork and stuff.”

“Oh yeah it’s on, I can go!” Dawn said as a huge grin spread across her face. JC’s eyes lit up when he heard the news, he almost whooped with joy, but first told Janelle that Dawn was on board and that they would see her later for practice. After hanging up JC’s barraged Dawn with questions.

“When did you hear? How is your boyfriend taking it?”

“Whoa! Slow down!” Dawn said as she laughed.      “School called me about a half hour after you called me and my boyfriend is ok with, I am sure that he will miss me, but I mean he and my family are coming to all shows close by, so it won’t be too bad and it is just for six week, what can happen in six weeks?” Dawn said as she shrugged.

“True, but you never do know, six weeks is a long time and things can definitely change” JC said knowingly as he secretly stole glance at Rhena. ‘Wow she is so pretty he thought, I wonder if she would like to go out while I am in town’ JC thought.

“Ask her” He heard Dawn whisper.

“Huh?”

“Ask her you dope, I know what you are thinking, it is written all over your face, just do it!” Dawn said quietly, so not to alert Rhena to their converstion. Clearing his throat he decided that Dawn was right and he was gonna be like nike and just do it.

“Umm Rhena, umm when do you go back home?”

“I leave Monday, why?” Rhena said as her light blue eyes looked deep into his sapphire ones.

“Umm I would like to know if you want to go out with me, umm tonight?” JC asked as a light blush crept into his cheeks.

“I would love too!” Rhena said as she turned on her brightest smile.

“Great how about seven?”

“Sure” Rhena said as she glanced at her watch, seeing she only had like 5 hours she gave Dawn that we need to get going look and quietly excused herself.

“What’s her deal?” JC asked as he watched Rhena’s quickly retreating form.

“She wants to go do the girlie thing” Dawn said as she rose from her seat.

“Ahhh, I see, well I will cancel practice for tonight and I will see you bright and early at 7 in the am, work?”

“Yup, now I am going to go help Rhena, before she has a mental breakdown on me!” Dawn said laughing as she walked away. JC shaking his head and the comediacey of it all, got up and went the other way back to his penthouse suite to relax in a hot tub and get ready for his and Rhena’s date.

“Omg, I cannot believe that I have a date with JC, umm excuse me Josh!” Rhena said as she ran around the room with her cellphone to her ear checking all the balances on her credit cards so that she could really do it up for tonight.

“So are you cleared for takeoff?” Dawn asked.

“Yup let’s hit it honey, cause I gotta look drop dead gorgeous tonight, if I even want to think about hanging on to him.”

“You are a mess, forget about all that and lets get you looking good and just be yourself, he asked the real Rhena out not some glamqueen, so keep that in mind okay?”

“Will do, thanks, now let’s hit it!” Rhena said as she and Dawn flew down to the lobby and hit Michigan Avenue. While there they went to Fendi and picked her up a too cute clutch, then they when to Nordstrom’s where they picked up a beautiful dark purple satin number and strappy heels to match.

“Josh is going to fall over when he see’s you” Dawn said as she started to unpack all of Rhena’s purchases, while Rhena was in the bathroom fixing her hair and make-up.

“I hope so, I am ready for my clothes can you had them here please, and I only have 10 minutes!” Rhena said with a slight panic creeping into her voice.

“Calm down you will be done in time I promise, now don’t forget your jewelry, I laid it on the desk over there.” Dawn said as she pulled out her nursing books and settled herself on the bed for a night of much needed studying.

“So how do I look?” Rhena said as she spun around so that Dawn could admire.

“Fantastic!” No sooner than Dawn got it out of her mouth the doorbell rang.

“Omg he’s here!” Rhena said in an excited whisper, she gathered her wits before she opened the door smiling.

“Whoa, look at you mamacita, you look fine!” JC said with a look of approval and hunger on his face.

“Now remember don’t be making any little Chasez’s tonight okay?”Dawn said as she burst out laughing.

“Funny, now just for that I am working you like hell tomorrow!” JC said as he ushered Rhena out the door.

“Oh, pttt!” Dawn said as she threw a pillow at them.

“Bye you nut!” JC said as he shut the door.

“Bye!” Dawn said as she called her boyfriend to talk to him and tell him she loved him and then settled in for a long study night.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles jc solojc