“So you are videotaping this right?” Jay, Dawn’s boyfriend asked Jill impatiently.

“For the fifth time yes!” Rhena said as she fiddled with the zoom to make sure she got the right angle and then hit the record button.

“Hey no need to get petulant now, I just wanted to know” Jay said as he pouted.

“I’m sorry, but I gotta go she just came out on stage, I will have her call you as soon as she gets a chance, talk to you later. Bye.” Rhena said as she hung with him.  ‘She is so lucky I swear! Rhena thought as Blowing Me Up blared through the speakers and the show officially began.   JC’s and Dawn’s chemistry was amazing that night, they felt it along with the crowd. The show was exhilarating and tiring, but Dawn wouldn’t have traded it for the world.

“That was awesome, well done!” JC said to all of the dancer’s and they all left the stage after the final curtain call.

“Thanks everyone chorused and they made a break for the showers”

“Hey Dawn, what up!” JC said as he gently grabbed her arm to stop her.

“Yeah?” Dawn said as she turned to look at him.

“How would you like to do this for the next six weeks?”

“You are kidding right?”

“Nope, I am dead serious.”

“I would love too, but the problem is I have school” Dawn said sadly.

“Well shit, can you work anything out?”

“I can try, but I may be a few days to a week working it out though.”

“Well I can give you three days, that is how long our break is until our next show, think you could make it happen?” JC asked with a hopeful look on his face.

“I will do my damnedest” Dawn said.

“Good, now go hit the showers so you, Rhena and I can go out.”

“K, see ya in a bit” Dawn said as she headed toward the showers with a cheesy grin on her face.

“So what did he say?” Nataya asked Dawn the minute she walked into the shower room.

“He asked me to sign on for the next 6 weeks” Dawn said grinning even broader.

“Awesome! We all had a great time out there with you tonight and we were hoping he would add you on. Congrats girl!” Nataya said as she gave Dawn a huge hug.

“Thanks!” Dawn said as she headed for the showers amid the congratulations from the rest of the girls.  JC, Dawn, Rhena and the rest of the crew had an awesome time at the Zebra Club in downtown Chicago, Dawn announced her good news to Rhena and even called her boyfriend and family back home as well. They all danced the night away until the wee hours. An exhausted Rhena and Dawn fell into bed at the House of Blues hotel their dreams filled with the magic of that night. The next day dawned sunny and bright.

“Oh my head” Rhena moaned as she pulled her pillow over it to block out the sun’s potent rays that were streaming through the window.

“I told you not to have the last whiskey sour” Dawn said laughing.

“Oh shut up!” Rhena said as she launched her pillow at Dawn and headed toward the bathroom and a hot shower, with a bottle of aspirin in tow to make it all go away. Slowly Dawn sat up in her bed and checked the time to see if she could call her advisor at school and try her best to get things together so that she could do this for the much needed money and still keep up with her studies in nursing school. Picking up the phone she dialed her advisors number and hoped for the best.

“Hello, this is Mary speaking how may I help you?” A pleasant voice asked.

“Hello, Mary? This is Dawn Wheeler and I have a little bit of a dilemma.”

“Hi Dawn! And what pretell is your dilemma?

“Well I have an offer from the entertainer I went to see last night to dance in his show for the next six weeks and I have always wanted to do something like that, but I also know that I have to make up clinical’s and my studies and all of that, so is there anything that I can do whatsoever to make both of these things happen?

“Hmm, now that is quite the dilemma. When do you have to let this person know if you can commit to this or not?” Mary asked.

“In two days” Dawn answered as she ran her hand over her face anxious to hear what Mary had to say next.

“Hmm that makes it tough, let me confer with the rest of the staff and your newest clinical instructor and I will get back to by 5pm today is that ok?”

“Sounds great and thanks again Mary I appreciate it.”

“No problem and I will talk to you later, bye now!”

“Bye” Dawn said as she clicked the phone shut.

“So what is the verdict?” Rhena asked as she sat down on the bed combing her hair.

“Don’t know, won’t know until 5pm this afternoon” Dawn said as she stood up and started to gather her stuff for her shower.

“That sucks.”

“Tell me about it” Dawn said as she started toward the bathroom, just then her phone rang.           “Hello?”

“Hey what did you find out?” JC’s groggy voice asked.

“Nothing yet, I won’t know anything until 5pm today.”

“Ok, until then how about you and Rhena joining me for brunch, say an hour?”

“Sounds good to me see ya then, bye!” Dawn said as she hung up the phone.

“Who was that?”

“JC, he wants us to have brunch with him in an hour, feel like it?”

“Sure!” Rhena said as she began to apply her eyeliner.

“K” Dawn said as she finally got into the shower, the hot water felt wonderful falling down onto her sore muscles, she stood there under the spray for about 10 minutes, before finishing up and getting out. As she was pulling her rob on there was a frantic knocking on the bathroom door.

“Who is it?” Dawn asked.

“Me, your advisor is on the phone.”

“So soon it must be bad news” Dawn said as her heart jumped into her throat.

“Let’s hope not” Rhena said as she handed down the phone. Hitting the unhold button Dawn said;

“Hello?”

“Ok, I have talked with everyone and the results are in” Mary said.

“And?”

“You have to do a research paper on diabetes, I will email you all of the protocol for this to make up for your clinical’s and as far as the lecture material you know what you have to do and make sure that you can make it for the next test and the final and you should be set” Mary said with finality in her voice.

“Oh Mary thank you so much!” Dawn said as danced a jig around the room at the good news.

“You are very welcome Dawn and good luck and have fun!”

“I will do that and thanks again!” Dawn said as she hung up the phone.

“So I take it she had good news?”

“Yes I get to do it!”

“Omg, can I come with you?”

“I would love that but what about your job?”

“Oh damn you!”

“Sorry” Dawn said as she picked up the phone and called everyone back home and told them that she, Dawn Wheeler was going to be dancing for JC Chasez for the next six weeks! Everyone was excited and said they would see her when she got home the next do and her Mom, Grandma and boyfriend promised to meet her at the airport and to help her get ready and they already were buying tickets to the shows close to home. Dawn could not believe her good luck as she finished getting ready to go down for brunch with JC and Rhena all she could think was ‘I have my dream job for the next six weeks, a hottie boyfriend at home, a hottie boss, an awesome best friend, and right now life couldn’t get any better.’  Little did she know that in a matter of weeks it would all come tumbling down around her. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: triangles jc solojc