Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter before exam week. I hope you all like it. I'll also add a picture of Hailey to the characters as soon as I can. You'll find out who she is in this chapter. Let me know what you think, please!

                I stepped inside the diner Melissa suggested we for lunch. We took a seat at an available booth in the back corner. After placing our drink orders, I picked up the menu that the waitress had placed in front of me and started scanning the items, trying to decide what I wanted to eat. Melissa cleared her throat and I looked up. She was watching me, curiosity written in her ridiculously blue eyes, “So, are you and Justin…”

                I shrugged, “I think so. I mean, we alluded to it the other day but neither one of us actually came out and said it. Not to mention I haven’t heard from him in two days.” Finally settling on a meal, I laid the menu down while we waited for the waitress.

                “Have you told him about Hailey?” She questions, laying her menu down on top of mine.

                I took in a deep breath, “It’s not something that’s come up in conversation. ‘Hey, Justin! Guess what? I have a daughter and her father is a bastard who told lies and got sole custody. Wanna meet her on Fourth of July?’ We had three dates and we’re possibly an item. I haven’t spoken with him so even if I wanted to, I haven’t had the opportunity.”

                She nodded, “Stephen is an ass. But you really need to tell Justin.”

                We were interrupted when the waitress returned; ready to jot down our orders. After she walked away, I opened my mouth to respond but the ringing of my cell phone stopped me. I stuck my tongue out at Melissa and answered without looking at the ID, “Hello?”

                 “Hey,” responded a quiet voice. I couldn’t contain the smile that appeared on my face. Melissa rolled her eyes knowingly. “How are you?”

                “I’m good, out to lunch with Melissa. How are you?” I questioned, taking a sip of my water.

                “I’m sorry I haven’t called. I had to fly back to LA for the past couple days to take care of business. I didn’t mean to just up and leave.” Justin stated.

                I waved my hand as if he could see me, “Its okay. Is everything okay? Are you back in town?”

                “Yeah, yeah just stuff with the clothing line. Uh… yeah, I got back in last night.” He responded. There was silence for a few moments before he spoke again, “When can I see you?”

                I bit my bottom lip, “Well, I was going to the park in a couple hours to read and relax. You can join me if you’d like. Um… there is something I need to talk to you about anyways.”

                “Is it bad?”

                “No, I don’t think it is bad.”

                “Well just call me when you are headed to the park. Do you mind coming by and getting me?” He questioned a smile apparent in his voice.

                “No, not at all. I’ll see you in say… two hours?” I asked.

                “Yeah, I’ll be ready. I’ll let you get back to Melissa. See you soon.”

                After saying goodbye, I smiled at the waitress when she placed my food in front of me and looked at Melissa who had her eyebrows raised, “I’m glad to see you happy, Ari.”

                I rolled my eyes, “Thanks. Can we eat now?”

 

*~*~*

 

                I pulled my car into the first available parking spot. Justin handed me my bag before we stepped out of the car. “Want to walk around for a little bit first?” He asked, looking around the nearly deserted park.

                I nodded pulling my bag on my shoulder and walking to where he was standing. He reached out, grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers. He spoke first as we began to walk, “I kind of told my mom you were my girlfriend. Is that okay?”

                I looked over at him grinning, “Yeah, that’s okay.” We walked in silence for a bit before I spoke again, “I need to tell you something and if you rethink this whole girlfriend thing then I totally understand.”

                “Ari, I know you’re a fan and that doesn’t bother me. You’re not crazy like most of them and I enjoy myself immensely when I’m with you.” He stated, squeezing my hand. “I doubt you can run me off. I love getting to know you too much.”

                I blew out the breath I was holding, “I have a three year old daughter, Hailey.” I didn’t notice he had stopped walking until my hand was jerked back forcing me to turn around. His head was cocked to the side, eyebrows raised behind his sunglasses. He never let go of my hand. “My ex boyfriend and I have a child. It was an accident but I wouldn’t give her back to save the world.”

                I started getting nervous when he didn’t respond. He was just standing there, still staring at me. “Justin, say something.”

                “Where is she? Is she in New York? Did you leave her there while you came home? Do I get to meet her? What does she look like? How did you manage with school? Do you have a picture -” He was asking questions a mile a minute.

                I held my hand up, cutting him off. I chuckled softly, “Not exactly the response I was expecting but good. One question at a time, okay? She’s with Steph- her father. No, they live in Maine and I get her for two weeks over the summer and every other major holiday. He … set me up.  He told the town a bunch of lies to make me look like an unfit parent and because I was a wild teenager, they believed him and he got sole custody. I’m still fighting it to this day. I mean, I only get to talk to her for an hour once a week.” I blinked a couple times.

I stepped closer to him, grabbing his other hand. I always get emotional talking about Hailey. “What he is doing is unfair and he is doing it to spite me for the break up. He never wanted her to begin with, offered to pay for an abortion. I think she looks like me and I can show you pictures the next time you come over. I had her while I was in college, taking a leave of absence when the drama started. The school was really good though, I took online classes instead.” I sighed, “You’re okay with this?”

He pulled one of his hands out of mine, wrapping it around my neck pulling me against his chest. I pulled my other hand free and wrapped my arms around his slim waist, inhaling his scent. He kissed the top of me head before resting his chin on top of it, “I like you and if that means you come with a child, then yes. I’ve never dated someone who has a child but I do love them. But if we continue the way we are going, she’s going to be exposed to a world I’m not sure she should be.”

I pulled back to look at his face, not removing my arms from around him, “If it gets to be too much, then I can remove her from it but as of right now, I don’t exactly get enough time with her. I like you and I know she will too so I should warn you that when you two meet, she’s going to become attached. She’s kind of like her mother.”

                He leaned down to place a soft kiss on my lips. “And I already like her mother so I’m sure she’s pretty cool herself. When do you get her again?”

                I moved to the side so we could start walking again, “Two weeks in July. She usually comes to New York and then we head down here because it’s really the only time my family gets to see her. I hate it so much, Justin. She kicks and screams when she has to go back with her father and she’s too smart for her own good. She knows I hate him and that he hates me and that kills me, you know? I try to be civil for her but she picks up on it.”

                He swung our hands back and forth, “How is it going with trying to get custody?”

                I shook my head, “It’s going good, actually. My lawyer thinks I can have her by the end of the summer so we will see. It’s just he comes from a very wealthy family who have a lot of influence in this town. But I’m trying to be optimistic.”

                We walked around the park for a little while longer before finally deciding on a spot to sit down. We were on the far end of the park, near the river. No one was around and I laid the blanket from my bag down before we sat down. I lay on my stomach, grabbing my book. Justin lay on his back, his hand resting behind his head, “I leave in two days.”

                I put my book back and looked over him, “I know.” I whispered quietly.

                “I’m going to miss this. I haven’t been bothered once by the paparazzi and I’ve only signed maybe two dozen autographs.” He cracked a smile, “I met you.”

                I giggled, “I was there.” He stuck his tongue out and I laughed, “I’m going to miss you. How long are you going to be in Virginia Beach?”

                He shrugged awkwardly before rolling on his side to face me. He used his hand to prop his head up, “About another week after we get back. When do you leave for New York?”

                “Two weeks.” I closed my eyes as he ran his finger across my cheek before tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, “You’ll come to New York?”

                He smiled, “I practically live there. Come to LA?”

                I coughed, “About that…” His eyes widened, “I’m kidding. Yes, I will.”

                He placed his hand behind my head, pulling my face closer to his. I scooted towards him, placing my hand on his chest. The kiss started out innocent enough. I tilted my head to the side, deepening the kiss which elicited a moan out of Justin. He moved to lie back on his back, pulling me with him. I used my hand to brace myself over him. He hands went to the small of my back, rubbing the exposed skin from my ridden up shirt.

                His tongue traced my bottom lip and I immediately granted him access. As our tongues battled, I moved to lie on top of him. He broke the kiss first his lips attacking my jaw and neck. I groaned inwardly, “Justin…”

                He pulled back. Both of us were breathing heavy trying to catch our breath. His lips were swollen and I groaned again when he licked his bottom lip, “We’re in a park. It’s a family park, honey.”

                He grinned, “And? They have to learn somehow.”

                I shifted back until I was sitting beside him again. I adjusted my shirt. “Well, I’m not sure I am ready to give old people a heart attack.” I stared at him for a few moments before looking down at my hands shyly, “Do you… maybe want to stay the night with me tonight? We don’t have to do anything. I just thought that -”

                “Yes.” He sat up on his elbows, “Yes I do.”

                “Are you ready to go? I can take you back to Milton’s if you need to go. We can also stop and grab something to take home for dinner. Melissa is at Scott’s and my parents have been MIA since yesterday.”

                He nodded, standing up and reaching down to help pull me up, “Sounds like a plan.”

                Walking back to the car, Justin nudged me, “So does this mean I get to spoil Hailey?”

                I gave him a look, “I will hurt you if you turn my child into a spoiled brat.”

                He gave that crooked grin that I adored, “I’ve never gotten the chance to spoil a little girl. I have two younger brothers but they are passed the age of being spoiled. This could be fun.”

                I punched him on his arm, “No, Justin. And no ‘if mommy says no, I will say yes’ shit either.”

                He grabbed my hand as we approached the car, his smile never leaving his face, “Whatever you say, dear.”

Chapter End Notes:

 

review, please! :-)


Incomplete
CJasmine is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Gravity also liked 706 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: celebrityj