Author's Chapter Notes:
ok... it gets a little bit sad now...

Chapter 18

 

January 4th, 2006

Orlando, Florida

09:54 am

            JC was deeply sleeping, he wasn’t worried about waking or getting up. Lance was coming in the afternoon, so there was no need.

In that moment, the phone rang.

"Yes?" JC said picking up still sleepy.

"Mr. Chasez?" somebody asked.

"Yes, he’s speaking, who is this?"

"William Parker… your wife’s psychiatrist"

"Oh… yes, what happened?"

"I need you to come immediately to the rehab center... "

            JC sat on the bed.

"What?... Ok... I’m coming..."

            The word "immediately" had scare him... Nyah did something...

He got up, woke up the children and called Justin to ask him if he could take care of them while he went to the rehab center.

10:52 am

"Hey Justin" JC said

"Hi, come in…"

"No don’t worry... I’m on a hurry, I’ll pick them up in a couple hours, please give them something for lunch if I’m not here at that time…"

"Yeah, don’t worry"

"And please... give Lance a call… tell them that I could not hear the demos today and that I will call him later"

"Ok, don’t worry about it, bye!"

            JC said goodbye to his children and Justin, then he went quickly to his car and drove to the rehab center.

11:17 am

"Hi, Dr. William Parker called me"

"Are you Mr. Chasez?"

"Yes"

"Office 204, he’s waiting for you"

"Thanks"

            He walked to the doctor’s office, knocked at the door and entered.

"Good morning Mr. Chasez"

"Good morning… what happened? Why did you call me?"

"I want you to come with me to Nyah’s room"

            They went out of the office and went to Nyah’s room. She was not there.

"Where is Nyah?" JC asked.

"That is what I am going to explain" the psychiatrist said, "You will see… Nyah is not in the rehab center anymore, she is been taken away"

"What? Where? Why? What did she do?"

"Calm down Mr. Chasez" the doctor, said putting his hand on JC’s shoulder, "I need you to be calm"

"Ok… I’m calm… just tell me what happened" he said after taking a deep breath.

"Nyah… she commit suicide, Mr. Chasez" the psychiatrist said, "she is been taken to the hospital"

            JC was shocked. What he did just said? That Nyah… commit suicide? No, that couldn’t be true, this was a joke… and definitely a bad one.

"Ok… can you stop joking, where is my wife?" he asked a little desperate

"She’s at the hospital" he said, "Look yourself, she didn’t unpack, the only thing we found unpack was a little knife, a notebook, a pen and a letter with your name" he said giving JC the letter, "you must go to the hospital now…"

"No… no… stop saying that" JC looked everywhere, "Where is she?" he asked now completely desperate.

"Mister Chasez, I beg you to calm down… look at the bed…"

            JC turned around and saw her bed, all the sheets where red because of Nyah’s blood. It was in that moment that JC understood that this wasn’t a joke… it was real life… her psychiatrist was not lying.

13:03 pm

            JC knocked at Justin’s apartment door. He was on the living room with the kids. He stood up and opened the door.

"Hey 'C" Justin said, "what happened?" he said when he saw JC’s face.

"I need you to come with me"

"Where? What happened?"

            JC didn’t want to talk about it when he saw his children were looking at him.

"Let’s talk about it later… I have to bring the kids to Chris’s house or… I don’t know…"

"Don’t worry… Britney can take care of them"

            JC looked at Britney.

"Brit, would you mind take care of them a couple of hours?" Justin asked

"No, not at all…"

"Thanks" JC said.

            Justin closed the door and looked at JC.

"Are you with her again?" JC asked thinking for the first time in something else

"No… well… we’re trying… we’re not back again… " Justin said

"I see…"

"Now please… tell me what happened" Justin said

            JC turned pale.

"Nyah… she… commit suicide…" JC said looking down and with a sad voice.

"What?!" Justin asked surprised.

"Yeah… Nyah killed herself… that’s why they called me…" JC said desperate

"But, JC, calm down, you can’t be that desperate… Matt and Katie can’t see like that… it wouldn’t be good for them"

"I know… but… tell me… what I’m supposed to do now?!" he said almost crying, "I can’t be without her…"

"Listen to me, JC… just… don’t think about that now… just… calm down and I’m gonna take you to the hospital, ok?"

"Thanks for coming with me, Justin…"

"No problem… now… let’s go…"

            Justin drove to the hospital. JC was not able to do it anymore.

"What is that?" Justin asked when he saw an envelope on JC’s hands.

"A letter… Nyah wrote it to me…"

"Did you read it?"

"I can’t do it…"

"JC… don’t be afraid…" Justin said while he started to park the car, "You don’t have anything to loose… maybe just something to discover"

"Yeah… I know…"

"Ok, let’s go inside"

            Both got out of the car and entered to the hospital, JC took a deep breath, he definitely did not wanted to ask where the morgue was, so Justin did it.

"Excuse miss, could you tell where the morgue is?"

"Yes, it’s at the end of that hallway" she said pointing it

"Thanks…"

            They walked through the hallway and at the end of it there was a little sign who had the word "morgue" on it, the went inside.

"May I help you?" a woman said to Justin and JC.

"We’re here for Nyah Chasez" Justin said a little bit nervous.

"Ok… follow me"

            They followed the women and went to a room where there was a stretcher, there was a body on it covered with a white sheet. Justin stood still; JC turned pale. None of them wanted to see her under that sheet… it was something frightening. Justin and the woman walked towards the stretcher. JC stood behind Justin.

"Is she Nyah?" the woman asked.

"Yes…" Justin said.

JC closed his eyes, this couldn’t be true… Nyah was there… in front of him… and dead. Justin looked at JC, he was so pale and it seems like he needed to cry urgently.

"I’ll leave you both alone" the woman said before she went out of the room.

"JC… are you ok?" Justin asked.

"How… can I be ok…?" he said looking at her.

            JC caressed Nyah’s cheek, she was still warm. Justin stared at JC; he looked so sad and miserable. JC looked Nyah’s neck, she had a few cuts. How could she have done something like that? Didn’t she think about him when she killed herself? But all those answers were on the letter Nyah wrote… that letter that JC didn’t want to read.

"Look at her… how could she did this… kill herself… like this…" JC said a weak voice and looking at her.

"JC… do you want me to leave you alone?"

"No, don’t go Justin… I don’t wanna be alone…"

            After a few moments JC discovered that Nyah’s body not only had cuts in her neck, but also in her hands and wrists.

"God… how could she… killed herself like this…" he said weakly again.

15:14 pm

            Both went back to Justin’s apartment. JC was calmer; Justin spoke with him and try to calm him.

Britney opened the door’s apartment.

"Hey" she said

"Hi" Justin answered before he sighed, "Come in, JC"

            JC entered the apartment and looked at Matt sitting on a couch. Matt noticed immediately that something bad had happened… and he knew it was her mother… Matt had that strange feeling the day before, he felt that something was going to happen, and… in fact, it did.

"Dad… what happened?" Matt asked

"We’ll talk at home" he said.

"Mm… okay…"

23:26 pm

            That night JC slept with Katie and Matt on his bed. When Katie fell asleep, Matt spoke to his father, he wanted to know what happened.

"Now… are you gonna tell me what happened?" the kid asked

"Matt… it’s not easy to say…"

"What happened to mom?"

"How do you know is about your mother?"

"Yesterday… I had this weird feeling… that something was going to happen to her… besides… it’s easy to tell by your face this afternoon… what happened?"

"Matt… I know this is going to be hard for you… it is for me too… you mother… she… killed herself…" he said sadly and with tears in his eyes.

            His son didn’t answer, he was just 10 years old and it was hard for him to believe it. JC noticed Matt started to cry and JC hugged him.

"Calm down, Matt, calm down…"

"Why Dad… Why? Why did she do it…?" he asked crying.

"I don’t know… I swear to God I don’t know…" he said, "But I do know that Katie doesn’t have to know it yet… she’s so young… and… I don’t want her to know now…"

"Yeah… I understand… don’t worry…"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: rehab nsasync daddyjc celebritysync presync postsync justin joey chris cheaterjc lance