“Amere, do you want me to get you something to eat?” Lynn asks, this is her attempt to avoid what just took place.
I slowly nod my head ‘no’
“Are you sure? When is the last time you ate?” she whispers, making sure she doesn’t upset me more than I already am.
I shrug my shoulders, who the hell has an appetite when they’re dealing with this shit I am experiencing-no one that’s who.
I love Lynn I really do, but she sure likes to distract people. I just want to be left alone right now and I will never be alone if I don’t get her out of this hotel room.
“Lynn-can you go to Albert’s and pick up some cookie dough ice cream for me?”
She smiles brightly like it’s the best news she has had all day, which sadly might actually be true.
“Of course, do you want anything else?”
I shake my head ‘no’ and she grabs her purse… “Ok, if you think of anything, just call me-ok?”
“Ok” I say attempting my first smile in ages.
As she goes down the hall, I try to rid myself of one more person-Mike.
As I turn around to re-enter my room, I am met with a 6’6 375lb black man; also known as Mike.
“Mike, what are you doing here?” I snap.
“I’m looking out for you Mrs. Timberlake; I have strict orders from Justin to never let you out of my sight”
I take in a deep breath….
“Ms. Thomas is my name Mike, and I’m sure Justin gave you such strict orders so I wouldn’t catch him with his dick in some 18 year old whore” I spat.
My attitude doesn’t phase him, he’s seen me at my worst….he is handling this like a pro, which of course he is. Mike has dealt with so many crazy fans its unreal. Those girls will do anything to get to Justin.
“You’re still Mrs. Timberlake Amere, and if I have anything to say about it, you will remain Mrs. Timberlake” he says looking me straight in my eyes, he’s serious; he’s not playing any games here. I can’t honestly tell you how I feel about it, do I really wanted to be married to someone who cheated on me? ‘Once a cheater, always a cheater right?”
“Look Mike, that’s enough shit for one day!”
He’s growing impatient with me I can’t tell by the way he shakes his head.
“Amere listen, yes Justin did screw up, but it could have been worse, he came to his senses, I if he really didn’t love you, then what the hell am I here for?”
I can’t look at him, for fear of tears falling down my face, for the millionth time.
“Let me in the room Mike” I whisper.
He sighs, but he steps away from the door. I finally get into the room and crawl back into the one place I feel safe”the bed.
Why does everyone keep telling me that it’s not that bad? And what the hell was Mike getting at when he said ‘Justin cam to his senses? Too many questions to process right now.
********************Mike’s Conversation*********************************
“Hey Trace man, did you not tell Amere anything; does she know what happened that night with Jessica?”
“Well someone needs to her---no I didn’t; you need to get Justin up here soon”
As I lay here wishing I never met Justin, the woman that gave him life enters the room, ice cream in hand.
“Are you tired sweetheart? I tried to hurry but traffic was horrible”
“I’m a little tired Lynn, thanks for going to get my ice cream”
Lynn just smiled, I know that smile, Justin used to smile at me like that, but at some point I was no longer good enough to make him smile like that. I know I need to stop thinking about it because I will start crying. I must have just let a few tears drop because Lynn is now wiping them away while trying not to cry herself.
“I’m sorry Lynn, I saw your smile and---“
“It’s alright Mere, I understand”
I smile sheepishly at her, its funny how close we have become over the years, when Justin and I first began dating; I was definitely not on Lynn’s good side. She didn’t hate me, but she sure was suspicious. Justin only dated A-list celebrities who had their own money. Then here I come making $60,000 which is good for the average Joe, but pennies compared to Justin’s money. She definitely had her eye on me. After the first year, she warmed up to me and we have become really close. My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a cell phone ringing.
“Hold on a sec” she whispers
I can tell by the pained look on her face that it’s Justin. She lets out a long sigh before answering.
“Hello”
“So I’ve heard, what seems to be the problem?”
Her lips are pursed and she is slightly gritting her teeth, she is not happy with him and I know he can tell.
I’m not exactly sure what he just said but I’m pretty sure he just summarized the story because her eyes are huge, her neck red….yep she is beyond pissed right now.
“Randall, I’m not sure what to say right now, I’m ashamed of you, you have no idea what you’ve done”“
“That one time was one time too many---I’m not sure how you can fix this either”
She takes another shaky breath
“I’ve gotta go Randy, I’ll call you when I’m ready to speak to you” and with that she hangs up.
She turns around to face me….
“I’m sorry about that” she whispers
“He’s still your son Lynn” I try to reason with her
“That man that did this to you is NOT my son!” she mutters
Next, thing I know, Lynn is on the bed next to me stroking my hair as I lay here crying myself to sleep. How can one person make me feel so bad I wonder, how can the man I pledged to spend the rest of my life do this to the woman he claimed to love? I never knew love could hurt this bad…

Incomplete
Classic09 is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked Where Did the Good Go? also liked 610 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: cheaterj marriedj