I'm not entirely sure when it happened. A week ago? A month? A year? The days have just sort of begun to blend together. But what I am sure of is what I've become over that stretch of time. No longer do I fear change. What is the point in fearing something that is inevitable? No, I don't fear change anymore. I don't fear darkness or what the darkness brings anymore either. No, darkness is in fact a gift. A gift that I will no longer be taking for granted. So much could be done in the dark.

Like hunting.

Oh I love hunting so much. Much more than he said I would. Much, much more than I ever dreamed I could. There's just something about the thrill of it that's intoxicating. It's so hard to stop once you've started, but he's been right there with me, coaching me on when enough is enough. Once, just once, I didn't listen to him when he told me to stop. But once was all it took. I was hooked.

Now here I am, lurking in the shadows that were generously provided by the moonlight that wasn't there - another gift perhaps? - just waiting for one. One glimpse of him is all I need. He said I've become an addict, that I'm out of control, that I don't know when to stop. But oh no, this isn't true. I just like it too much. I could control myself if I wanted to, but why would I? Why would I want to part with the feeling of accomplishment that reigns over me when I hunt? Why would I not want to feel the adrenaline that courses throughout my body when that first scent wafts past me? Why wouldn't I taunt and tease the poor bastard as he ran away from me, thinking he might actually have a chance at getting away from the thing that hunted him like the delicious prey that he is?

How could I resist the urge to kill him when he's screaming for me to let him go like all those times I begged for him to show mercy on me?

Oh no. He would receive no mercy from the wrath I had planned for him.

I will not, for I cannot.

No, he deserves everything that I have planned for him. He might have been the bigger and stronger one all my life, but not anymore. Now I am the one who is stronger. Now I am the one who won't back down from a fight.

Now I am the one who is going to make him feel every single little thing that he did to me when I was growing up. And more.

Karma's a bitch.

There he is. Just a breath away. Well, a breath away for someone like me. Someone who isn't so human anymore. Someone who can move faster than most vehicles this world has to offer.

No I'm not Supergirl like you might think. I'm something worse, and yet
somehow so much better.

I'm a vampire. And I'm hungry.

Damn it. Who is she? Why is she here? Didn't he know he was supposed to be alone tonight? How could he have brought along a date? I didn't want there to be any witnesses. But then again, I suppose I could just have her for dessert. She didn't smell too awful once you got passed the perfume she seemed to shower in.

No. I'm just going to have to wait. I've waited this long for revenge. Surely one more night won't hurt, right?

I heard myself let out an angry growl that had the couple looking for a wolf or a bear, but I didn't care. Let them be afraid of something that wasn't there. Because tomorrow night, big brother is going to pay for all the things he's done to me. Tomorrow night, he's going to die.

Turning back towards the alley I hid in, I took off, running all the way across town to my home with my sire. I know he's going to be waiting for me. He worries about me, and I love him for that, but once in a while I just need to be on my own. He wouldn't understand that. He'd been on his own for so long he couldn't fathom the idea of being alone again. I know that it hurts him when I leave, and I don't like seeing him hurt, I really don't. But I'll admit that I'm selfish and I have a one-track mind most of the time, so when something is there, like revenge against the one person who knew exactly how to hurt me, and did often, I will stop at nothing until I get said revenge.

He was once where I am now, so how could he expect me to just let it go?

I'll let it go when Charlie is dead.

I knew that he would sense my return as soon as I entered the premises, so I did nothing to try and hide it. And I was right. Even before I could get to the front door he was there, staring me down with the cruelest gaze I have ever seen on his beautiful face. Suddenly I felt as though I were still a mere human, cowering before him, begging for his forgiveness.

But I would not.

I held my chin high as I stood before him, unwilling to give in to the silence.

"Where have you been, Coralynn?" When he spoke, I felt my strong façade waver a bit. His strong, smooth voice was like a beautiful melody meant only for me. And it was laced with worry.

I welcomed the guilt as it enveloped me.

"I'm sorry, Joseph. I had to be alone for a while. Surely you can understand that?" The disapproval in his eyes was so strong I could barely handle standing on my own two feet. I didn't want him to be angry with me.

"I can. But what I do not understand is this need you have to take revenge out on your brother. He is dead to you now, Coralynn. Why can you not get past it?"

"He is not my brother." It was bad enough when my idiotic mother married his joke of a father. Allowing someone to think he was my blood brother was worse than words could describe. I despised him from day one. "I won't get past it until he is actually dead!" I hadn't felt myself snap until the words were already out there, unable to be taken back in. But it felt strangely liberating, allowing myself to be completely honest with my sire. "You know all of the things he did to me when I was growing up. You see them in my dreams every day when we go to bed! I know you can feel it as I re-live the horror over and over again and now that I am finally stronger than he is, completely unable to fall to him again so easily, you expect me to do nothing? How can I?"

"Coralynn," His voice was so calm, his touch was so gentle, his eyes so understanding. I didn't want him to be so calm. I wanted him to yell at me, to fight with me. "I do understand what you are feeling, I assure you I do. But I also know exactly how you will feel if I allow this to happen. He abused you in every way a person can be abused. But he is your brother, Coralynn. You will feel terrible afterward."

"No, I won't!" I ripped myself away from his soft caress and began pacing, barely offering him a glance. "I will feel elated! Liberated! I will watch with such euphoria as his life drains from his cold eyes as his blood drains into me. I will fill his mind with the pain and images of the grotesque things he's done to me and I will not stop until he is dead! I will not move on and I will not be content until I know he has suffered as I have."

"I do not condone such behavior of my fledglings." His voice gave me chills and I was afraid what he might do, but still I did not back down.

"And yet you've done worse." I meant for it to be a strong statement, one that held no room for any further discussion. But my voice betrayed me. The words came out weak, in something that resembled a whine. I hated it, but I was powerless to change it. I wanted, no, I needed him to give me his blessing. To tell me that it's alright to want revenge on the one man who did nothing but degrade me all my life. I needed to know that he would
still be there by my side when I did.

Something in his black eyes softened and I knew he could never deny me of something of this magnitude. It was far too important to me.

"Coralynn..." It was a mere sigh, but it was beautiful. Everything about Joseph was beautiful and I simply couldn't understand how one man could hold such beauty.

His feather-like touch once again caressed my cheek and I knew he would give in to me.

"I will not live with your regrets."

"Then allow me this."

"That is not what I meant." His dark eyebrows furrowed in anger and yet I felt myself smiling.

"If I regret it, it is my burden to bear. But I assure you, Joseph, I will never." My voice had become a whisper as his face leaned ever closer to my own and I could feel his cold breath on my lips.

"Good." His hand moved to cradle the back of my head as he pushed my face forward, crashing his lips against my own. I brought my hand up to his chest and was shocked by the cold of him. Gasping, I broke the kiss to look into his dark eyes.

"You haven't fed."

"Nor have you." His smile was playful as I felt him caress my shoulder that had somehow become suddenly bare. I felt his finger move down my shoulder and across my collar bone, then slowly down to the bump of my breast before he flicked his wrist and made a single cut. The pain was mild and when he replaced his finger with his lips, I nearly fell down to the hardwood floor. Before I had been turned I could never have imagined such pleasure was possible. The pleasure only a fledgling and sire could experience together. The tie between us is so strong I can feel everything he feels along with everything I feel. Not coming as soon as he enters me is an incredibly difficult challenge, but one I succeed at. Usually.

His arms scooped me up and he carried me to our bedroom. When he laid me on the large bed, I wasted no time in ripping the silk robe away from his naked flesh. I couldn't help myself. When he came near me, when he touched me, I lost control. The raging monster inside me was like a hormonal teenager, fighting to break through.

Making love with Joseph was the roughest, most erotic, and the most amazing experience I've ever known. His touch, his kiss, his caress on every part of my body left my skin feeling as though it were on fire. I couldn't think, thank God I didn't have to breathe. I could feel him everywhere and it was amazing. Every time he thrust into me, every time he bit me, it fueled the fire even more and it wasn't long before I completely let go and lost any control that had remained with me.

When it was over, one of us would start touching, teasing, or kissing the other which led to more love making. Eventually we fell asleep in the mess of tangled sheets and one another's arms. I couldn't remember a time that I'd been so relaxed.

But I knew it couldn't last.

As soon as dawn began to reign down on us, I felt my eyes open and I searched Joseph's face for any sign that he was awake, but I knew he wasn't. He wouldn't remain asleep for long so I knew I had to move fast. He might have given me his permission to do what I was going to do either way, but still I didn't need to see the disapproving look in his eyes as I left.

As I ran through the familiar streets of my hometown - being sure to remain in the shadows - I allowed the anger and hate I felt once again wash over me, urging me on. As soon as my eyes found him in his run-down, shitty, white-trash house where I'd spent most of my life scared out of my mind, any doubts I might have had about this fled.

Going to the back door, I silently entered and stood in the shadows in the living room, just staring at him as he watched some overly-enthusiastic big-haired, fake-breasted bimbo get fucked by a guy that was truly overcompensating with the bulging muscles. Finally, he shuddered and I could tell he had the feeling. That eerie feeling one usually gets when being watched.

I could see him fighting with himself. Should he tear himself away from the awful porno and search the house for an intruder? No, he wouldn't. He was alone. No one would dare step foot into his house or they'd deserve whatever pain he'd give them.

I swallowed the snort before it escaped me, alerting him to my presence.

Finally, he leaned slightly forward and twisted around, searching the darkness for something, anything, that shouldn't be there. When his eyes landed on me, I nearly busted out laughing at his horrified expression. What's the matter, Charlie? You look like you've seen a ghost.

"Cora?" His shaky voice brought a condescending smile to my face as I stepped into the light.

"Hello, Charlie."

"You're dead."

"You would be the one to know." I watched as he tried to swallow his fright, but nothing would make it go away. I knew that from personal experience. "After all, it was you who left me for dead."

He stood up and slowly backed away from me. I tried to hide my pleasure. "This isn't happening."

"I assure you, it is." I didn't move any closer. Just being this close to him made the bile rise in my throat. The scent of his blood was nearly overwhelming as my stomach groaned in hunger. How was I going to kill him if I couldn't stand the thought of getting any closer? I thought I could do this. I had been so sure, but now, looking at him, anticipating my teeth sinking into his flesh to spill his blood...it made me sick to even think about.

Maybe Joseph had been right. I didn't want to kill him. After everything he's done to me, he was still my brother. Well, step-brother.

But maybe I could just torture him, show him that what he's done cannot go unpunished.

Unfortunately for him, while I had been in the midst of my mental debate on what to do with him, Charlie had taken the opportunity to compose himself and began smiling like the insane jackass that he is. That he's always been.

"So, have you come back to me, Coralynn?" The way he purred my name made me flinch in disgust. How could one man be so fucking twisted? "Did you realize your mistakes?"

Forcing my features to remain neutral, I made myself look him straight in the eye. "Maybe I have. What then?" The stupid grin on his face got even bigger. I wanted to charge him, to scratch that too perfect face of his to shreds. I wanted the fear back.

"You know I'd always take you back. So long as you have learned your lesson." I felt the rage bubble inside of me so fiercely I could feel it pulsing in my ears. I could barely hear the words I spoke to him next.

"If I haven't?"

The stupid bastard decided he had full control of the situation and took a few steps forward and moved around the couch, slowly coming toward me. I knew what he was doing. I'm not a complete moron. He was trying to pin me to the wall, blocking my escape like he had so many times before. I'll play his little game for now, I'll let him think he has me cornered. But I'm not weak as I had been before. I will show him everything he's done to me, I will let him feel what it's like to beaten, tortured and raped over and over again by the people you once thought of as friends then left in an alley praying for death to come and free you from the pain.

I've decided I'm not going to kill him. Oh no, I will not. I won't be the one to bring him that release. I'll bring him to the point of begging me to have mercy on him, and though I will, I'm not willing to leave him as unbroken as I had not been. He'll be lucky to live, but I won't be the one to kill him.

Suddenly I noticed just how close he was to me, just mere inches away. His sweet scent floated to me and I couldn't help but to inhale deeply. I felt my mouth water and I had to fight not to bare my fangs and sink them into his neck right then.

His hand reached out and brushed my dark bangs out of my eyes.

"I don't think you're that stupid, babygirl." When his lips crushed down on mine I had to fight the urge to vomit on him. Instead I gripped a fistful of his shirt and deepened the kiss. When I felt his hand pulling up my skirt, I involuntarily shuddered, hoping he thought it was from the pleasure he thought he was causing me. When his kisses and touches became more urgent, I knew that's exactly what he thought. I ripped his shirt from his chest and the moment I laid my hand against his hot skin I felt him flinch back and he tore his mouth from mine.

"You're freezing." He gasped.

"Well what do you expect when you're dead?" I immediately felt my fangs lower and I pulled my lips back, snarling at him as I grabbed his throat and threw him against the wall.

"What the fuck are you?" I felt him fighting against me but my strength never wavered.

"What the fuck do you think I am, genius?" I spit the words back at him with just as much venom as he had, fighting not to just crush his throat and be done with it.

"You're a freak!" I clenched his throat between my fingers a little tighter and leaned my face closer to his.

"I could kill you with less effort than it takes to snap a twig in half. Do you really want to piss me off right now?" I heard him gasping for air and knew I needed to let up on the pressure, but I couldn't. It felt too good knowing that for once I held the upper hand with him.

"Let go of him, Coralynn." As soon as I heard my sire's smooth, calming voice, I did his bidding. My arm dropped to my side and Charlie fell to the floor, gasping in lungfulls of air.

"Why? You said I could." My voice was tiny compared to his, but he sensed my anger and disappointment.

"Cora, you cannot kill him."

"I won't!" I felt myself explode and I knew I was yelling at him. "I want him to suffer like he's made me suffer. I want him to feel it all, everything he's done. I want him begging for me to spare him like he never did me." In an instant Joseph was in front of me, caressing my cheek, making me calm down.

I hated it, yet loved it at the same time. Joseph was amazing. For the
first time I could sense how he truly felt about my brother. The disgust for this poor excuse of a man just rolled off him in waves. No, he did not want me to kill him.

He wanted to do it himself. But I know he won't. He is so sure that I would hate myself if I killed Charlie so cold-heartedly so I know he thinks I would feel the same towards him if he were to do it. But I wouldn't, because he isn't going to die on account of either of us tonight. No if he dies, that will be God's will.

I opened my mouth to speak again, this time much more composed than before.
"I'm not going to kill him, Joseph. If he dies, it's not going to be on my conscience. But he isn't going to leave here unscathed." Immediately I see the trust and understanding return to his dark eyes and I know that he's going to stand by me whether I kill him or not. He loves me, much more than a sire loves his fledgling. He loves me for everything I am. And I love him too. He's the most amazing man I've ever known. And I know he would never hurt me like so many others have. Like Charlie has so many times.

I sensed Charlie's movement behind me and I whipped around, catching his chest with my foot, pinning him to the floor.

"Going somewhere?" I let out a satisfied growl as I felt him trembling beneath my foot. The scent of his fear coated my nostrils and I felt myself slowly losing any control I had. The scent of his blood was just too intoxicating. Moving my foot, I took a step back. "Get up." I ordered him. I can tell how afraid he is of me, but still he disobeys. "I said get up!" I flashed my teeth at him again as I growled and he immediately stood on his shaky legs. I wonder how long it will take him to wet himself like a little boy?

My eyes never left his as I slowly went to him, circling him like the prey that he is. He's barely breathing, border-line hysterical. I could nearly feel his heartbeat as it hammered against his chest. Yes, this is exactly what I wanted. And having Joseph there, watching me, just made it that much better.

Reaching out my hand, I ran a single finger nail down his naked chest. I can't help but to smile as the confusion passes over his face, quickly
followed by pain. The scent of his sweet blood teased my nostrils as it slowly seeped between the separated flesh of his abdomen.

"W...what are you going to do?" He stuttered over his words and again I smile at him, slowly licking my lips as my eyes move down to the red nectar that seems to call to me. "No." He tried to take a step back, but Joseph was behind him, stopping him with a hand to the back of his neck, holding him in place for me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Joseph hissed into Charlie's ear. I watched with excitement as he slowly moved his hand around until it sat on the front of Charlie's neck, squeezing slightly.

Joseph's eyes met mine and I held back a gasp. Never since I've known him have I ever seen them so dark with hunger. I've never seen him look so dangerous.

Never have I been so turned on.

I took a step closer to Charlie, smiling at him like a little girl watching a parade. This was going to be so much fun I could barely contain my excitement. Before I could even acknowledge that Charlie had stuck out his foot and kicked me in the stomach as hard as he could, Joseph let out a ferocious growl and pinned him to the wall, baring his fangs, anticipating the blood they were about to draw.

Standing back up, I went to Joseph and set my hand gently on his arm, attempting to calm him down as he had calmed me countless times before.
Luckily, I drew his attention away from Charlie long enough that he realized what he was doing and he let go of his neck, allowing him to fall to the floor.

As Charlie sat on the floor gasping for the air Joseph had knocked out of him, Joseph took me in his arms and I could see the pain filling his dark eyes.

"Are you all right?" I smiled at his worry.

"I'm fine. Barely felt it at all." The smile slowly fell from my face as I turned back to Charlie who no longer sat on the floor. He was standing, looking as if he were about to bolt out of the house.

"What are you gonna do?" He didn't sound scared at all. He sounded like he was entirely bored with the situation and as though he were sure I wouldn't be able to do a thing to him. He after all was a man.

What a load of bullshit.

I shot my hand out and smacked him clean across the face, smiling at the sound of his bone breaking. He groaned and placed a hand to his cheek that was already beginning to bruise.

Grabbing his chin between my thumb and forefinger, I forced him to look at me. I was done playing around.

"I'm going to cause you so much pain you'll wish you'd never laid a hand on me when we were growing up." As if I needed to prove my point, I used my finger nail to cut open his cheek that wasn't bruised and broken. Jerking his head to the side, I trailed my tongue along the opening I'd made, tasting the sweet nectar as it seeped out. "Mm, tasty." I reached my hand down and made another incision on his chest. He flinched but refused to show that I'd hurt him in the least.

If there was one thing I'd learned at my first feeding, it's the fact that, while the pain intensifies the pleasure for vampires, it is incredibly painful for the human. Which is probably why I didn't just lick at this wound. I allowed my fangs to lengthen and sink into his hot flesh, coaxing the blood to flow into me.

When Charlie tried to pull away from me, I latched my hands on his sides, sucking harder on his blood as I finally allowed the gates in my mind to burst wide open. As the first memory of his torment on my body passed from my mind to his, I felt him feel everything I'd gone through that night. All the pain, all the hurt, all the confusion as to why my brother would be doing that to me.

His body began jerking back and forth, unshed tears glistening his eyes as he stared forward, not seeing the room at all. Going to the next memory, this one much more painful, I thrust it into his mind. Then I quickly moved along to the next, then the next until finally he screamed out with my cries and pleas for him to stop. Joseph laid a hand on my shoulder and I retracted my fangs. As soon as I removed my hands from him, Charlie fell the floor, breathing heavily.

I stood up and leaned over him, waiting for him to look at me. When he didn't, I lightly kicked his leg. Or at least I thought I'd kicked him lightly until he flinched in pain.

"Look at me, Charlie." When he refused I reached down and grabbed his chin between my thumb and forefinger once again, making him meet my gaze. "I said look at me." I could hear his heartbeat pick up, beating erratically in his chest. In all my fantasies, I never thought it would feel this good to get my revenge.

For thirteen years I suffered at the hands of this man in silence. My own coke-whore mother choosing to believe the bastard son of a criminal than her own flesh and blood daughter. If she weren't already dead I'd probably hunt her down when I was finished here, this was that gratifying.

"Everything you saw, everything you just felt was exactly how I felt the countless times you came into my room at night. ‘If you just relax you'd enjoy it' you said. ‘I know you want me' you said. Did it fucking seem like any of that shit was true once you've been inside my head?" He flinched away from my harsh words and fangs as I spoke with hatred. When he didn't answer me I let go of his chin and smacked him across the face again, pleased when he cried out in pain. "Answer me you son of a bitch!"

"No."

"No what?"

"No, it wasn't true."

"No. It wasn't." Leaning down so I straddled his hips, I looked into his eyes, never blinking. "So I ask you this, my dear brother, why would you do that to me?"

As he stared back at me, probably trying to think of a response that wouldn't piss me off any more than I already was - which wasn't likely - I planted another thought into his head.

"Oh, come on now Charlie. There must be at least one reason. Please, I'm just dying to hear one little reason as to why I shouldn't kill you right now."

"I don't think you're friend would appreciate that too much." I heard Joseph let out a low growl that made me smile.

"I wouldn't go assuming such things of me. I'm ready to kill you myself."

To my amazement, Charlie began laughing. I felt entirely enraged that he could laugh right now.

"So kill me already! Frankly I'm getting a little tired of these empty threats." Grabbing his forearm, I squeezed as hard as I could until I felt his bones crush beneath my hand. When he let out a howl of pain, I leaned forward and whispered into his ear, "Does that feel like an empty threat to you?"

I let go and stood up. He immediately cradled his broken arm to his chest, whimpering in pain.

"Joseph, you still haven't had your breakfast. Would you like some take-out?"

With a growl, Joseph was suddenly over Charlie, sinking his fangs into his neck. He fed for a few moments before releasing him to me.

"Charlie, Charlie, Charlie." I tsked. I ran my fingers through his thick blond hair. "Next time you think about touching a little girl - if you live that is- remember this." I grabbed a fistful of hair and threw his head back, sinking my teeth into his flesh one last time, allowing his life to flood into me and more painful images and memories to flood into him.

Retracting my fangs, I stepped back and let him go, watching as he fell limply to the floor. "Remember." With the final word spoken, I grasped Joseph's hand tightly and together we ran back home. I smiled the entire way. Not for the vengeance I had successfully given, not for the death I may have caused, not even for the happiness I felt at being with Joseph so completely.

I felt so euphoric at ridding the world of at least one of it's dangers. Charlie would never be able to harm another innocent again. Whether it be a stranger he'd eventually abduct or a daughter he might have someday, he would always live in fear that I will return one day and finish the job we started.

That's what made me able to smile so brilliantly.


Completed
Cassy is the author of 10 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampire joey