Feeling herself pull from her dream state and enter the world of consciousness, Raleigh refused to open her eyes. She had never felt so comfortable on a bed before. The silk sheets were just amazing on her bare skin.

Silk sheets? She didn't have silk sheets at the dorm...neither did Effron. Slowly opening her eyes to take in her surroundings, Raleigh decided she hadn't felt so disoriented in a long time as she did at that moment. Last night had been the Halloween party and she could only remember being hopped up on coke and alcohol. Looking around the larger bedroom, her eyes landed on a picture sitting on the nightstand. It was an older photo of Daniel and a women who seemed to be of the same age and who could easily be his sister. In fact, the resemblance was so great, they could even pass for twins.

"I thought he's an only child?" She said aloud to the empty room.

Setting down the frame, Raleigh decided she'd ask him about it later. Noticing that her clothes, or lack thereof, weren't in the room with her. Grabbing the blue shirt Daniel had thrown on the chair, Raleigh threw it on and made her way downstairs and into the kitchen where Daniel was cooking breakfast. She tried not to laugh as she watched him bop his head and sing along to the radio. Hearing him try to reach the high notes of the song was just too much.

"REO Speedwagon?" Seeing the startled expression on his face caused her to burst out laughing.

"Damn straight, REO. You have any objections?"

"No, not at all. I just wasn't aware that men liked them too."

"Well, lucky for you I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to admit that I like some heart felt music." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist, kissing her lightly on the lips. "Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning." And good is just what it was.

"I hope you're hungry. How did you sleep?" Pulling away from her, Daniel went back to cooking the bacon and cracked a few eggs into the frying pan.

"Much better than I have in a long time. Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I wanted to surprise you but you got to me first and ruined it." He gave her a playful smile before looking back to the cooking eggs. "How do you like your eggs?"

"Sunny side up. Anything I can do?"

"Just sit there and look pretty."

He cast another smile her way and Raleigh found that it was contagious. .

As she watched him work around the kitchen, she found her mind wandering. She hadn't felt this happy and comfortable with a man in a long time, not since Josh. Daniel reminded her of him in so many ways. He could see right through the façade she put on and he knew when she was lying. Just one look into his deep eyes had shown her how much he actually cared for her and everything he'd do if it meant she wouldn't be swallowed by the influence of her peers.

After eating the large breakfast, Raleigh had to admit it was the best home cooked meal she'd ever eaten.

"So you can sing, act, dance and cook. Is there anything you can't do, Mr. Cooper?" Meeting her gaze, he offered her a sly grin.

"Not much." Feeling herself redden, Raleigh took the last sip of juice from her glass and stood, helping him with the dishes, damning herself the entire time. Why was it so easy to be herself around him? Why did he have to be so charming and romantic?

Why did he have to remind her so much of Josh?

Her head screamed for her to get out, to not get attached to him. He was her professor, not Josh. She knew she would never be able to begin a real relationship with Daniel. After all, it would be a lie. She could never do that to him, he deserved so much better than that.

After finding all of her costume and Jacket, Raleigh quickly got dressed and headed to the front door to leave. As soon as her hand hit the door handle, Daniel caught her and pulled her into his arms, catching her lips with his own. Before she could think, her arms went around his neck, pulling him into her. She could feel his excitement pushing against her belly and it made her really not want to leave.

He felt Raleigh's hand massage him through his pants and he groaned into her mouth. Pulling away, Daniel leaned his head against Raleigh's shoulder as she removed him from the confining pants.

"I really should go." She breathed into his ear.

His only reply was pulling down her bottoms and pushing her up against the nearest wall. Crashing his mouth with hers once again, he wrapped her legs around his waist, forcing himself to enter her slowly, savoring every moment.

"Oh god..." Raleigh gasped for air as she moved her hips in rhythm with his.

Hearing her cries of pleasure and passion, Daniel couldn't hold back any longer. Within a few more thrusts he brought them both to their breaking point. It was so powerful he had to lean them against the wall to keep himself from falling over.

Trying to catch her breath, Raleigh couldn't keep herself from smiling. That was the roughest, best sex she'd ever experienced. Trying to focus, Raleigh listened to Daniel's voice.

"I have some things to do today, but can you come back tonight?"

Putting her feet back on the floor, Raleigh reached for her panties and slipped them back on.

"I promised Effron I'd go to dinner with him tonight. But I can come later." Hell, who in their right mind could refuse another chance at that?

Tying her coat at the waist once again, she kissed Daniel once more and left, walking the few blocks to the dormitory. Pulling out her cell phone, she turned it back on and was surprised to see that she had five new voicemails and six text messages. A few from Autumn, even more from Effron. But the last message was from Josh and as soon as his voice floated through her ear, the guilt began to well into the pit of her stomach once again. She could feel the tears stinging her eyes but she blinked them away.

"Hey baby, it's me. Just wanted to call and see how everything's going. I was thinking about you and how I can't wait to be out of school so you and I can be together again." Raleigh heard him say something to someone in the room before he spoke into the phone once more. "Well, I have to get going but call me back. I want to hear your voice. So two, three in the morning, whatever. I love you, Ray." There was a short silence before she heard the phone click off. Pressing "9" on the key pad, Raleigh saved the message as she entered the building and went up to her dorm. Just as she had expected, Autumn was waiting there, freaking out as soon as she saw Raleigh come in.

"Where the hell have you been, Ray? You told Effron you were going for a walk at three in the morning ion LA! And then neither of us hear from you and you're phone was off all damn night to top it off. Are you trying to scare the hell out of us all? Where did you go?"

"I'm sorry, Autumn. I forgot I had my phone turned off."

"So? Where have you been all night?" Turning to grab some clothes out of her dresser, Raleigh tried her best to sound casual.

"I just went to a friend's house and we had a couple drinks and I ended up passing out on the couch during a movie. No big deal."

Tilting her head to the side, Autumn put her hands on her hips and gave Raleigh a look that screamed "bullshit."

"What?"

"Nothing. If you wanna lie to me about going to another guy's house, that's your business." Staring at Autumn, she felt her stomach drop to her knees.

"What makes you think I was at another guy's place?"

"Oh come on, Ray!" Autumn laughed, putting her hands on Raleigh's shoulders. "You're glowing the only way a woman does after a night of hot sex." Backing off a little, Autumn smiled at her friend who was obviously torn. "Don't worry. I won't tell Eff."

Before she could form another word, the dorm phone began to ring and Autumn picked it up.

"Hello? Hey Effron...don't worry, she just got back. Hang on a sec." Handing the phone over to Raleigh, Autumn plopped down on her bed and flipped through a magazine.

"Hey Effron."

"Ray, where have you been? You said you were going to meet me at my house but you never showed and you're phone was off. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, really. I just went to visit a friend and ended up falling asleep. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. I was just worried. We still on for dinner tonight?"

"Of course."

"Great. I'll pick you up at seven."

"Sounds good. See you then." Setting down the phone, Raleigh could only say one thing. "I'm a whore."

Looking up at her in surprise, Autumn raised an eyebrow. "No you're not. You're a teenager with a healthy sex drive. Nothing whorish about that."

Shaking her head, Raleigh sat down on her bed and unzipped her boots. AS she was pulling them off she could feel Autumn's eyes boring into her skull.

"What, Autumn? It's obvious you're dying to ask so just ask already."

"I don't need to ask you who you were with. I already know." Autumn smirked at her before leaning back on her elbows.

"Oh really? And just who is that?"

"Come on, Raleigh. I'd have to be blind and retarded not to notice the tension between you and Mr. Cooper."

"Mr. Cooper? You think that's who I was with all night?"

"I don't think, I know. Just tell me, I'm right aren't I?" Raleigh's silence as she fiddled with her blanket was enough of an answer for Autumn. "Oh get on with your bad self, girl." Raleigh tried not to turn ten shades of crimson as she looked at Autumn who was smiling like a giddy school girl who just met the hottest man alive and he showed her interest.

"Ok, so I was with Mr. Cooper last night. But you can't tell anyone! I don't want him to get into trouble, he loves teaching too much."

"Raleigh, relax. I promise you I won't say anything. You're my friend, I couldn't betray you like that."

"Thank you, Autumn." She didn't miss the smile that still appeared on her lips as she continued to look at her. "what now?"

"How good was he?"

"Oh my God, Autumn!" Raleigh put her face in her hands as she tried to calm her laughter.

"That good, huh?"

"I'm getting in the shower now." Raleigh stood up and grabbed her things, trying not to look at her roommate anymore.

"Oh come on, Ray. Just tell me. Please?" Autumn pleaded with her, enjoying the embarrassing torture she was putting her through.

Stopping at the bathroom door, Raleigh turned her head to look at Autumn as a smile played on her lips. "He's the best I've ever had."

"You go girl." Autumn said, laughing as she turned on her TV, surfing through the channels for anything worth watching.

After Raleigh's shower, she and Autumn just lounged around until six o'clock when Raleigh decided to get ready for her dinner with Effron. Going to the closet, Raleigh grabbed her black fitted dress that fell just above the knee with silk pink around the bust line and a tiny pink bow at the center of the top. After applying some make up, she straightened her hair. She pulled some tight around her head beneath her hair to give it a head band look. Her bangs were slanted to the right, covering most of her right eye.

As she was pulling on her slinky dress, she heard a knock on the door. "That's probably Eff. Can you get it, Autumn?" As she was zipping up her dress, Effron walked in, whistling lowly.

"Damn girl, you are looking pretty fine." Slipping on her black pumps, Raleigh gave Effron a quick kiss.

"Thank you. You look pretty hot yourself." After grabbing her purse, they said a quick goodbye to Autumn and left, leaving the building and going to his car. Once they got to the restaurant Raleigh was impressed with the way he had apparently planned out everything. It was nice, fancy Italian dining and the music made Raleigh feel as though she were in Italy, experience it as true Italians do.

As they sat in the restaurant waiting for their dinner to arrive, Effron filled the silence. What he had been talking about, Raleigh couldn't be sure. She was in her own little world, immersing herself with her thoughts. Seeing and being with Daniel were the only things she could think of. She was completely infatuated with him, almost as if her had bewitched her.

Raleigh didn't like the feeling of being vulnerable they way she felt when with him, but the need to be with him was far greater. She hadn't gone to his home without thinking what could happen, but she hadn't expected it. She had only planned on telling him what was on her mind and leaving, going back to Effron's. but now...now all she wanted was to get away from Effron and get back to Daniel's. He made her remember home, where she had come from and who she used to be. The want to fit in and not be in pain from missing all her friends was just so strong. She had begun to ignore calls from home because it had been too hard. But tomorrow she was going to call Carly and have the girl talk only they could have.

"I guess I just miss Australia." Looking at Raleigh, Effron realized she wasn't listening to him, she was just staring at her glass, a far off look in her eyes. "Raleigh have you listened to one word I've said?"

Ripping from her enveloping thoughts, Raleigh realized Effron was speaking to her. "Of course I have."

"Right, then what was I talking about?"

Raleigh him a blank look before smiling defeat. "I'm sorry, I guess I was dazing. What were you saying?"

"Ray, who were you with last night?"

"I told you, I went to hang out with a friend."

"Was it another guy?" Staring at Effron, Raleigh laughed incredulously.

"No, Eff, it wasn't another guy. And even if it had been, what would it matter? You and I aren't dating." Looking into his eyes, it was obvious she had struck a nerve. His jaw was clenched shut and he swallowed at least three times as he stared at her. Finally looking away, he sighed quietly.

"You're right, I'm sorry, Ray."

"Hey it's flattering that you're jealous."

"I can't help it. You're a great girl." Raleigh smiled as she felt her cheeks redden.

After leaving the restaurant, they went for a little walk in the park before Effron took her back to the dorm. Standing at the door, Effron leaned in and kissed her lightly on the lips before slightly pushing into her, causing them both to back into the door.

Breaking away, Effron rested his forehead against hers. "I want you so bad right now. Sure you don't want to come over?"

"Yeah, I'm just going to go to bed, catch up on some sleep." It's funny, for a girl who never lied, it came pretty easily to her.

"All right." Kissing her once more, Effron backed away. "I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Night." Raleigh watched him walk back down to the elevators before going into her room. Much to her surprise Autumn was asleep. Quickly and quietly she maneuvered around the room, packing a small overnight duffel bag. Looking out the window, Raleigh made sure Effron was gone before slipping back out into the hallway saying a soft "good night" to Autumn.

Once she got to Daniel's house, she rang the doorbell and waited about fifteen seconds before the door was swung open and Daniel had her in his arms, pushing her against the now closed front door, kissing her as if he'd never get the chance again.

Calming down some, he pulled away and rested his forehead against hers. "I didn't mean to attack you, I've just been waiting for that since you left earlier."

"By all means, attack away." She smirked looking him in the eyes before leaning up to kiss him again, this time much softer.

"How was your dinner?"

"Not dinner. Couldn't eat with Effron staring at me the whole time."

"Oh, so you must be hungry."

"I could definitely eat more of your cooking." Raleigh winked at him before making her way to the kitchen, but he grabbed her arm, swinging her around so she was back in his arms.

"I don't think so. You go make yourself at home, and I'll make us dinner."

"Fine. Just call me when you're ready." Running her hand around his waist as she walked by him, Raleigh changed course to the study where the grand piano sat, just waiting to be played.

As she sat on the stool with her fingers hovering lightly over the keys, she was brought back to the first day she had ever sat at a piano. Josh had taught her to play when they were seven years old. Raleigh's father had just opened the café so they weren't so financially secure as they were now. Raleigh had wanted piano lessons more than anything but they couldn't afford them, so Josh had offered to teach her and of course she had accepted.

Closing her eyes, Raleigh began to play the first song Josh had taught her to play. She could remember everything about that day. What the weather was like, what they had been doing when he'd offered the lessons, how he had smelled, how his body had felt pushed up against her back. She could even remember things he had said while his hands were on her.

Sighing, Raleigh threw her hands up in frustration.

"This is stupid and a waste of time. I'm never going to get this."

"Ray, it's easy, look..." Sitting on the bench beside her, Josh set his fingers on the keys and played the song once again, much more slowly so Raleigh could watch.

"Josh..." She whined, hunching over, shaking her head. "It's easy for you because you've been playing for four years. I've never even sat at a piano before today."

"Raleigh, I'm here because you wanted to learn. But if you don't let yourself, this is pointless." Staring into her lilac eyes, Josh knew he could never give up on her. The piano was a difficult instrument to learn, but Raleigh was stubborn.

As was he.

"Close your eyes." Standing up, Josh moved to sit directly behind her. Sitting on the bench with a leg on either side of her, Josh said it again when she looked at him curiously, asking why. Moving her hair to the left side of her neck, Josh whispered into her ear. "Just trust me."

And she had completely. Raleigh closed her eyes and tried to ignore the sensations flying through her body she'd never known before. Sensations a seven year should not have been feeling.

Breathing in slowly, all of her senses were sent into overdrive as she felt him push against her back, his hand covering hers on the keys. When he rested his chin on her shoulder, Raleigh felt herself relax into him. He pressed down on her thumb then her forefinger, going through each note slowly until she picked up the rhythm. Before she knew it, Josh's hand was gone and she was playing on her own, eyes remaining closed.

Smiling, Raleigh tried not to stop playing when she felt Josh's fingers on her bare side, rubbing back and forth trying to tickle her. She could feel his smile as he leaned his face into her neck.

"How do you expect me to keep playing when you're doing that?"

"Work through the distraction."

Taking her hands off the keys finally, Raleigh turned as fast and as far as she could without falling off the bench and attacked him back which inevitably caused them both to go tumbling to the floor.

Raleigh had landed on top of him and she felt herself stop dead, just staring into his blue eyes. Josh reached his hand up and pushed her hair back behind her ear. Most boys were playing G.I. Joes or teasing girls, but he was thinking about Raleigh in a completely different way. He wasn't even nine yet and all he wanted to do was kiss her. He'd never kissed anyone before.

What would it be like?

Before either of them could find out Karen had come into the room with a camera and a plate of cookies causing both of the kids to jump up as fast as they could.

They had been so young then. It had only been ten years ago but it felt like a whole other lifetime. Raleigh smiled as she remembered how embarrassed she and Josh had been when his mother just looked between the two of them, hands planted firmly on her hips. They'd thought she'd never leave them alone together again.

Continuing to play, Raleigh could feel Dan's watchful eyes on her. Her memory reminded her of how happy she'd been back then. She'd give anything to have that back. She felt him move and soon after, heard his voice.

"So, I forgot I still have to go shopping so I ordered a pizza. Hope you like pepperoni."

Raleigh didn't look at him, she only smiled a little as she continued with the melody.

"I haven't seen anyone concentrate that hard on chopsticks in a long time. Penny for your thoughts?"

"Not so sure they're worth that much."

"I'd pay it."

"Just thinking about how I wish I could be home with everyone again, if only for my birthday."

"Ah, right. You have yet to turn eighteen." There was a slight pause and Raleigh knew what he was now thinking. "Well now I feel like a pervert. Hadn't actually really thought about your age."

"Are you afraid I might turn you in?"

"I'm hoping you won't."

Turning, Raleigh ran her hand slowly up his thigh, getting that playful glint in her eye.

"If it makes you more comfortable, we can just hang out for the next week and a half."

Swallowing the want he now felt thundering through his veins, Dan nodded his head. "I think I could last a week."

"Yeah?" Standing up, Raleigh allowed her hands to go up under his shirt and around to his lower back. Pulling him into her she ran her tongue lightly along his neck and up to his ear, eliciting a low groan from him. "I want you so bad right now, Daniel." As soon as she felt him grow harder she pulled back and turned away from him. "But I can wait."

She had only gotten about two steps before he grabbed her arm and pulled her into him, their mouths meeting in a heated kiss as they scrambled to get out of their clothes.

Morale be damned.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc college