Author's Chapter Notes:
So this is it. Months of writing and hundreds of pages later, it has all come down to this. Thank you all so much for the feedback, it has meant the world to me. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I have.

I wake up to find an empty spot on the bed next to me which is strange because I can only remember a handful of times where I have woken up and found Justin gone. I open my eyes fully and notice a piece of paper lying where his body should be. I reach over and grab the piece of paper, opening it-

 

Morning blue eyes,

 

I have a surprise for you later but for right now I had to make a quick errand. Breakfast is on the table and I’ll be home as soon as I can. Love you more than life itself,

 

Justin.

 

I massage my scalp a little before heading for the shower. The hot water runs over me as I try to think of a reason that Justin might be gone but nothing really comes to mind. The fact only annoys me because I hate waking up without him and there isn’t a reason for him to be gone. Christmas is already done since he was whining about a week ago because I couldn’t go with him to go get my gifts. He wanted the surprise but my company at the same time. I told him to get a grip on himself though part of me went to mush when he told me.

 

Now I wait in anticipation as to what the hell Justin might have when he walks through the front door. I let the dog out and play a little with her in the yard, pulling my coat around my body in an effort to get warm. I hate New York in the winter. Too damn cold.

 

After Bella had had her run, I made myself some hot coco and deleted Jake’s number from my directory on my phone. Then I deleted my dad’s. I put Sam, mom, Gia and Justin on speed dial put Trace in my phonebook and officially rid my life of the excess that I had been carrying for what seemed like a lifetime.

 

I pull out some pictures of Justin and I that were taken by Gia and put them in a frame, smiling as I place it next to the one of him and Lynn. The front door opens and I walk over to it to see Justin, “Where have you been?”

 

He just shrugs, “Get your coat.”

 

“What?” I ask confused.

 

“Get your coat, come on.”

 

I frown and reach for my coat as Justin pulls me out the door and into the car. After the whole experience of driving in it with Gia and Trace, I feel as though I have been living in a car. I just watch out window as we drive since I have a pretty good sense of direction in New York.

 

Justin pulls up to this abandoned building and gets out of the car. I hesitantly get out and walk around the car to him as he fumbles with some keys and opens a padlock on the door, “Are you trying to get me kidnapped?”  I ask, looking around to see not one life form.

 

“Absolutely. It’s always been a fantasy of mine to kidnap my girlfriend and have my way with her.”

 

I give him a nudge, “You mind telling me what we are doing here?”

 

Justin just smiles and opens the door, “Ladies first.”

 

I walk inside and the outside was certainly deceiving. The interior has been completely gutted as flooring and lighting fixtures are being put in. I spin around to she individual rooms as far as the eye can see except for a few rooms that are open and about the size of a good size lounge, “What is this place?”

 

“This is our first clinic. The outside should be done soon.”

 

I whirl around to look at him, “Are you serious?”

 

He nods, “It’s not to far from the house and you’ll be doing most of the managing which can be done over the phone when I’m on tour. So, what do you think?”

 

I get a warm feeling in my stomach, “It’s perfect.”

 

“You can share your experiences with drugs and alcohol. You’ll be perfect. We’ll work together on it.”

 

Footsteps cause me to spin around to see both Lynn and my mom, “What are you guys doing here? Together?”

 

Lynn looks to mom, “We decided to try and put our differences aside and be there for you guys. And what mothers wouldn’t be proud of you two when you see what you are doing. I mean look at this place, it’s wonderful.”

 

I go over to my mother and hug her tightly, “Thank you mom.”

 

“I’m happy to do it baby. Happy birthday.”

 

I pull away from her and I put my hand over my mouth in shock, “I totally forgot.”

 

Justin laughs, “How could you forget your own birthday?”

 

I pause for a moment trying to remember today’s date and realize their right, “You remembered?”

 

“Of course I did. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I did?”

 

“You couldn’t remember my name six months ago.”

 

“Oh nice, throw that one in my face. Come on, everyone is waiting back at the house to have cake. If we don’t get there soon your brother was going to eat it on you and Trace and Gia will be throwing at each other,” he says, putting his arm around my neck.

 

I follow Lynn and mom out the door, only pausing once to take one last look at my new start before walking out into the sunlight with Justin.

________________________________________________________________________

  

So that’s my life. Maybe not a fairy tale, in fact far from it, but I have found myself.  And isn’t that the point of living anyway?   

 

The only time the room spins now is when she kisses me. The only high I get is from her perfume when she’s next to me and the only time I’m incoherent is when she’s naked in my bed. And it’s a great feeling having found that one person that makes you whole. Yeah, that’s my Beth. So for all of those people who said we wouldn’t make it this far, they can all kiss my ass because I have it all. And it’s all wrapped up in her.

 

                                                               The End


Completed
Maggie is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 31 members. Members who liked Raw Intimacy also liked 502 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Raw Knowledge: The Beth & Justin Memoirs. The next story in the series is Imperfect Unity.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant