Justin and I now have our best conversations laying on my hotel room floor. After my whole mini breakdown, Justin decided that he would spend every minute off following me around to Gia’s chagrin. He’s growing on her, but not enough that she’s happy to come in and find us on the floor. Regardless, he seems to have practically moved in with me, which I haven’t decided how I feel about it. Not that I’m upset that we are hanging out all the time or that we talk constantly, but the fact is that I have never connected to anyone like I with him and it kind of scares me.  

 

I still haven’t heard from Jake, which has made me sad and angry at the same time. Sad that a guy I was really in to decided to brake up with me and mad at him for ending it the way he did without even letting me get a word in edgewise. Then there was the whole magazine thing. Justin has yet to bring it up to me. We haven’t discussed it whatsoever and sometimes when Johnny is with us, it’s like the elephant in the room. He really doesn’t like me but Justin seems to so here I am.

 

To add to my growing troubles, I am now the “it” girl to photograph with Justin. My face now appears alongside his in magazines about our so-called secret relationship and although Justin’s team has denied everything, no one cares. Did I really think they would? It’s not like we can be apart and downplay the craziness that is Justin’s life, I’m his fucking personal assistant. It was hysterical to Sam though. I get a call from him at like two am asking if we were really dating and if he could get free tickets to the concerts. I told him no on both counts. Gotta love the kid for trying though.

 

I play with my hair a little and look at my watch for the time. I take one last ruffle at my hair before I forfeit and run out to meet Gia. We are now in Florida and she says there is a great club nearby and that it’s a necessity that I go and have a good time. There’s no arguing with the girl, once Gia makes up her mind, it’s cast in stone.

 

I go outside the hotel and Gia is leaning against the building, watching the traffic pass as she turns to me and smiles, “Awesome baby.”

 

I look down at my halter and skirt with doubt, “If you say so.”

 

Gia scoffs, “Seriously, you are so hooking up with some guy tonight.”

 

I roll my eyes and walk with Gia to her car and get in, “So how do you know about this club?”

 

“Last time we came down to Florida, Derek and some of our friends all meet down here and we found it. It is seriously one of the best clubs in the U.S.”

 

I watch as dusk sets over the sky, “What exactly is the name of this great club?”

 

“Baileys”

 

“Would it happen to be an Irish pub?”

 

“No, nice try though. After you got hammered with Justin and had that huge hangover afterwards I would think you had learned your lesson.”

 

I giggle softly, “First of all, I didn’t get hammered with Justin, he kept from passing out and second, it was an Irish name so I assumed there must be alcohol.”

 

“Nice try but I know that you are human now. I though you were some perfect girl who could do no wrong. Now I know a little booze and you turn into Courtney Love.”

 

I give Gia’s shoulder a light shove as we park the car and go inside. It’s only seven but the club is crazy as people are dancing like they may never do it again. I grab Gia’s arm and we go over to the bar, ordering two martinis. I feel someone touch my lower back and I turn around to come face to face with a guy, “Hi beautiful.”

 

Oh please, “Hi.”

 

“Do you believe in love at first sight or do I have to walk by you again?”

 

This has got to be nipped in the bud, “Listen, I know it’s not easy to go up to a girl and ask her out, though you make it look easy. I’m just not interested.”

 

The asshole smirks, “That’s because you just don’t know me.”

 

Okay, this guy is going to get my drink in his face. Gia tries her best, “Look, we are just here to kind of scope things out.”

 

The guy ignores her and leans in way too closely to me, licking my earlobe. I gag and pull away from him. Someone comes up and puts their hand on the idiot’s shoulder, “She’s not interested in you jackass, back off.”   

 

The asshole looks at a much bigger guy who has two sets of guns on him, or should I say arms. He looks at me one last time before slinking off. I breathe a sigh of relief, “Thank you.”

 

“No problem. Dance with me.”

 

I bite my bottom lip softly like I do when I’m pleasantly surprised by something. Gia gives me a nudge and I take the guy’s hand, “What’s your name?”

 

“Brian, what’s yours?”

 

“Bethany.”

 

 “Well Bethany, is there anything I should know upfront before I get too involved?” he asks grinning.

 

If he only knew my closet of skeletons, “I speak sarcasm as a second language.”  

 

Brian chuckles as we land on the dance floor and start moving to the beat. He puts his hands on my waist but in a manner I’m comfortable with. I don’t feel like he’s trying to grab my ass or anything like that.

 

I finish dancing with Brian as the song ends and Gia comes over to me, “Hey Beth, I want you to meet Trent, one of the bartenders here.”

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hi, listen the guy your dancing with is my friend, so if he does something to offend you, just holler and I’ll kick his ass.” Trent kids.

 

“Funny Trent. Real funny.” Brian says as he hands me my drink.

 

I smirk, “Glad to hear I have a body guard.”

 

“No problem. Listen Gia, there are some people I want you to meet.”

 

Gia looks over to me to make sure I’m fine. I brush off her concern, “Go, I’ll stay here with Brian and make sure he doesn’t get into any trouble.”

 

“Okay, if you’re sure.” Gia says, following Trent up to the second floor of the club. Brian and I spend the next few hours together and finally I can’t dance anymore. My feet are killing me from the stilettos I’m wearing and exhaustion is taking over. Brian smiles at me as we go off to the side to get off the dance floor, “Tired?”

 

I nod, “Yeah, maybe a little.”

 

“I’ll take you home if you want.” he offers.

 

Gia comes over to me and interrupts my answer, “We are staying at a hotel. You can drop her off while I hang out with Trent, he just introduced me to this kick ass break dancer.”  

 

I shrug, “It’s fine with me. Brian here was just telling me stories about Trent’s college days.”

 

“Mmm, fun stuff. Trent was always crazy in college. Alright, I’ll see you back at the hotel.”

 

“Kay, see you.”

 

I grab my purse and follow Brian to his car and give him directions back to the hotel. He pulls into a parking space and shuts off the car. Okay, I really just wanted to be dropped off, “I can handle it from here.”

 

“I always believe in walking a girl to her door.” Brian says.

 

But my door leads to a hotel bed. I hesitantly get out of the car and hold my purse on my shoulder. At least I know I’m safe with all the security inside. I ride the elevator with Brian to my floor as he tells me a story of the fraternity party they threw which has me doubled over in laughter. We reach the floor and walk slowly to my door until I stop at mine, “Well, this is me.”

 

Brian puts his hands in his pockets, “It was nice to meet you Bethany.”

 

“You too.” I say honestly.

 

Brian leans over and kisses me softly on my cheek, “Really nice.”

 

I blush a little but someone clears their throat loudly, causing me to jump. I turn around and Justin is standing behind me with a look of distain, “It’s about time you popped up.”

________________________________________________________________________

  

I tap my foot impatiently as the two of them look like deer caught in headlights. Beth shakes my comment off as she turns to the guy in front of her, “Bye Brian.”

 

“Bye.” he says, slinking off down the hall and around the corner.

 

Beth turns back to me, “What is it?” she asks annoyed.

 

Okay, I’m the one with the right to be annoyed here, not her, “Where were you? I must have called you ten times.”

 

Beth frowns and digs for her phone, flipping it open, “Sorry, I guess the battery must have died.”

 

“Isn’t it kind of your job to keep up with the phone in case, oh I don’t know, I need you?”

 

“Gee, I’m so sorry. Now can you go back to your room, it’s late and you have officially ruined the end to my night.” Beth says, scowling at me.

 

I ignore her, following her into her room and making myself comfortable on her bed as she proceeds to the bathroom. It’s one thing that I ignore her but I myself refuse to be ignored. I wait about a minute before raising my voice so she can hear me in the bathroom, “Who was that guy?”

 

“No one you know.” She calls back.

 

I sigh in frustration, “Is it really a good idea to jump back into a relationship after just ending it with Jake?”

 

Beth comes out of the bathroom, this time in sweats, “I’m not starting a new relationship, he was just some guy I met at the club I was at.”

 

My jaw drops, “And you let him drive you home? Don’t you know that’s the making of a serial killer movie?”

 

Beth giggles out of the sheer frustration of the question. I fail to see the humor, “He was a friend of Gia’s, not a serial killer.”

 

“You never know.” I point out.

 

Beth throws a towel at me that was on the floor, “Don’t worry about it.”

 

“Now, how about carrying a second phone incase this kind of situation happens again?”

 

“Okay now you’re being an idiot. What was so important that you needed me so badly?”

 

I huff a little and mumble, “I had no one to hang out with.” I realize just how dumb that sounds as it comes out of my mouth.  

 

She burst out laughing and I get annoyed. You know, I trust her and then she does something stupid like laugh, “It’s not funny.”

 

“Justin, I am not a plaything who can be summoned at your command.”

 

“Isn’t that why I pay you?” I retort, fully pissed off.

 

Beth quickly stops laughing, “No, it’s not.”

 

“Fine! Do what you want.” I yell.

 

“You can be such a ass sometimes.” Beth groans, standing with her arms folded over her chest.

 

“It’s your fault. You bring out the ass in me.”

 

Beth rolls her eyes, “Yeah, well I didn’t ask for my private life to be spilled all over the tabloids.”

 

“How is that my fault?” I ask exasperated.

 

“I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.”

 

She’s getting a little too quick with her remarks for me to keep up.

 

Beth goes to the fridge to retrieve a drink and opens the bottle, “Go get some sleep Justin.”

 

I stand up annoyed. I go for the door handle when I stop as my fingers touch the metal and turn around, “Ever feel alone in a crowded room?”

 

Beth freezes and looks up at me, “Why?”

 

“That’s how I feel when I’m not with you.” I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

 

Her breathing becomes a little quicker but she doesn’t say anything. I move closer to her before putting my hand out to her face and pulling her to me, kissing her on the mouth. Our lips connect and I feel alive like I haven’t felt in years. I fervently kiss her mouth and she doesn’t stop me, allowing me to continue.

 

Just then Gia comes in the door. We immediately break apart and Beth stands there in stunned silence, her fingers gently touching her lips where I had just kissed her. Gia looks at both of us curiously, “What’s going on?”

 

I stand still for a moment before covering up my shock, “Nothing. See you tomorrow Beth.”  

 

Beth just continues to look at me as I exit her hotel room. I walk down the hall and stop a minute to smell her scent on me. I’m falling for her. Hard.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant