A year later (2007)

Giselle sat in Justin's office answering phone calls. It was a year ago when they had their last fight. And from there on, he agreed to be less negative towards her. The phone interrupted her thoughts. She quickly reached out, picking it up from off the receiver and placing it beside her ear. "Hello? Um, no. Mister Timberlake is not in at the moment. Well he's...all right." she sighed heavily. "What would you like me to tell him?" she quickly jotted down words on a notepad. "And when? I mean, what time would you like him to call you back? Any time? All right, yes. Okay, you welcome. Bye." she sat the phone back on the receiver. "This is getting tiring."

She sat back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest as thoughts wandered her mind. She had no idea how to tell Justin about the news. She was hoping he took it well, because if he didn't--she knew it would've been bad for her.

"Hey, hey, hey." she quickly looked over her shoulder to gaze at Justin. "I brought something to eat." he sat a box of pizza on the desk. "How's everything?" she looked away, shrugging her shoulders in response. "What do you mean you don't know?" he took a seat beside her.

"Well..." she bit her lip in thought. "I have some bad news." his smile slowly faded.

"What is it?" he asked, never peeling his eyes off her.

"They had to reschedule your appointment with Miss Berry." his eyes shot wide open. "I'm sorry. They told me that they will call you back."

"Damn." he looked away, running his hand over his hair in frustration. "Just great." he stood up, walking around the room, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Well, there's nothing left to do." he turned to face her. "We'll just have to wait." she gazed at him, noticing the calm look on his face. This was definitely odd to her, because normally he would act a fool when something like this came up.

"So, you're not pissed or..." he shook his head, slowly crossing his arms over his chest.

"Why should I be? Things come up." she held her head down, not knowing what else to say. "Listen uhh..." she lifted her head to peer in his eyes. "...what are you doing later on tonight? I was thinking..." he took a quick glimpse at his watch. "We still have time to go to a club or something. You know, while the night is still young." she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I dunno. I guess..." she stood to her feet. "I'll meet you back here in an hour." he watched her head towards the door. She yanked it open and departed the room.

An hour later (10:11 p.m.)

Justin and Giselle decided to bring someone with them. He brought his friend Trace and she invited her friend Nadia. Nadia was an Hispanic petite woman who knew Giselle for years. And Trace was a Caucasian guy who knew Justin for years as well.

"So this is what I told him..." they all kept their eyes on Nadia who was the only talkative one out of the bunch. "I told him, if he even thinks about staring at my ass...I will cut his dick right off." they all held surprised looks. "Nah, I'm just kidding."

"Oh...ahaha." Trace laughed hysterically. "You scared me there for a minute."

"I thought I was gonna have a heart attack." Giselle spoke while holding her hand to her chest. "I'm like, damn girl. Hahaha what have you gotten yourself into? Ahaha." they continued laughing.

Justin sat across from Giselle eying her every once in a while. He would think that after the incident a year ago, his feelings would have changed for her, but they hadn't. They actually grew stronger for her, and she had no clue about this. "That was really funny though."

"Yeah." Giselle agreed, quickly taking a glimpse at Justin who had his eyes on her. She quickly looked away, biting her lip interestingly. She didn't understand why she would feel so nervous whenever he would look at her. It wasn't like her to act that way. But she did.

They finally made it to the club and found a seat at a round table way in the back in the V.I.P section. "I'm gonna go get a drink." Giselle spoke, standing up in her seat.

"I'm right behind you." Justin stood up, following her towards the bar area.

"You wanna tell me why you've been following me all day?" she asked, taking a seat at the bar.

"I dunno." he took a seat beside her. "Maybe I like being around you. Maybe...you have that special touch that just...drives me wild." she rolled her eyes.

"Bacardi, please." she spoke to the bar tender.

"I'll take a vodka." he added, never peeling his eyes off the beautiful woman sitting next to him. "I like the lil'...skirt you have on. It makes your legs...stand out more." she leisurely gawked to the side to stare at him.

"I'm still your assistant. Even when I'm off duty or on duty." she reminded.

"Hmm." his eyes slowly trailed down her figure, stopping here and there. "That's not what you said last night." she quickly gazed his direction, flashing him an unbelievable look.

"How dare you blurt that out in front of total strangers. I..."

"What? You rather me blurt it out in front of your family and friends?" he looked away, watching as the tender slid his drink in front of him. "Don't you dare tell me that it was all a mistake, because it wasn't. You had every intention to do that." he quickly gulped down his drink. "Another one please." the tender poured him a refill.

"I knew you would do this." she shook her head pathetic. "And for some reason, it doesn't surprise me." she gulped down her alcohol and slammed the glass on the counter. "Not one bit." he gazed her direction, lowering his eyes at her.

"Haha." a soft chuckle escaped his lips. "I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed fucking your brains out last night." a soft gasped escaped her lips. "Oh yeah." he quickly guzzled up his second serving and slammed the glass on the counter. "That pussy was just too damn good. And while you were screaming and calling out my name, I was letting my big load out." she sat there in total shock. "That's right. I cummed. IN YOU." he pointed to her.

"How...dare you." her voice cracked from the tears taking over her. "You bastard." she hopped off her seat, quickly making her way through the crowded room.

He sat there, immediately regretting the way he talked to her. He knew he didn't mean what he said. It was just said out of the heat of the moment. Like the majority of times. "Shit." he stood to his feet, quickly brushing through the crowded people, following the way she went. He instantly froze when he noticed her sitting at the table with Trace and Nadia. She gazed at him with an emotionless look on her face. From there on, he knew to stay out of her way or else there would have been drama.

Last night, and their steamy encounter. He knew it was a mistake and she knew also. But it was said and done with now. It was no way of changing things. They had already done it, and there was no way of taking it back.

For one, they were both drunk. And after they had realized what they've done, it was too late. "I'm sorry, um..." he paused, keeping the eye contact with the individual. "Can we talk? In private. Please." she looked away, not bothering to respond to him.

"Is there...something we should know about?" Trace spoke up.

"No. This is between me and Giselle." she locked eyes with his. "I'll be by the restrooms waiting for you." she watched him turn, slowly disappearing in the crowd. After taking a few minutes to think about it, she decided to go meet him.

She stood up, carefully walking pass the dancing bodies towards the restrooms. Her eyes immediately focused in on the handsome guy who had his back against the wall and his hands in his pockets. She fiddled with her fingers nervously the closer she had gotten to him. He happed to look up, locking eyes with hers. "What do you wanna talk about?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I was outta line." she looked away, nibbling on her bottom lip. "I shouldn't have said that. What we did last night meant more than that. It wasn't just sex..."

"Yeah? Well what was it?" she interrupted. "Because I could've sworn that's exactly what it was. Sex!" he scratched his chin in irritation.

"Look...why don't you just tell me now. Do you wanna straighten this out between us or do you wanna continue walking around here acting like this...stuck up bitch? You know what the hell I'm talking about. Yes! It was sex, but something on a more...higher level. You should know how I feel about you." she rolled her eyes.

"Please. Don't give me this shit. I don't wanna hear it." she spoke angrily.

"See, that's your problem. You don't wanna hear shit. You never wanna give other people a chance to talk and explain themselves..."

"I..."

"And don't interrupt me when I'm talking to you!" she stood there in shock. "When I'm talking, you should sit there and listen." she held her head down, crossing her arms over her chest. "Now, as I was saying, I was outta line. I shouldn't have said what I said. It was rude and obnoxious of me. But..." he paused, trying to think of a way to put his sentence. "I don't understand how you could walk around here pretending as if you have no type of feelings for me whatsoever when you do. I know you do. But you're so stuck on this...lil' don't mix business with plea..."

"It's not just a lil...don't mix business with pleasure thing." she interrupted. He stood there, returning a sternly look.

"I told you not to interrupt me when I'm talking. When I'm finished telling you how I feel, then you can say whatever the hell you have to say. I just feel like...you don't care about my feelings, because...you stand there pretending like you don't know how I feel about you. Every day, you look at me and...give me that beautiful smile knowing deep down that I want you." she peered deeply in his eyes, realizing how serious he was. "Last night...when we did it..." he licked his lips. "Tell me, how did that make you feel? Because it made me feel like I was in love. It made me feel like I was loved...by you." she looked away, resting her hands on her hips. "I seriously wanna know how it made you feel. Deeply."

"I uhh..." she gulped down, refusing to get emotional with him. She just couldn't make herself open up to him for some apparent reason. "I don't even know why we're having this conversation. We shouldn't be talking about this. And besides, you even told yourself that it was a mistake, so...let's just leave it at that. It was this big...huge mistake and I wish I could take it back." he shook his head.

"You don't mean that. You know it and I know it." she rolled her eyes agitatedly.

"Whatever. Believe what you wanna believe. Just like I said a year ago, we will never be because...I don't mix business with pleasure. And the only way I will even consider getting with you is if I..." she hesitated. "Is if I quitted or got fired." she crossed her arms over her chest. "That's the only way."

"I think you're full of BS. What's this reason why you won't mix business with pleasure? A real reason. One that I will believe, because it's a whole bunch of nonsense to me."

"I'm afraid my love for you will get in the way." his smile slowly faded. "I'm afraid that I will get distracted and...won't be able to do my work. That's why. And I don't have time to be getting distracted and losing my focus over some man. I have a daughter to take care of. She needs me..." she pointed to herself. "...more than you do." he nodded, chewing on his inner lip in thought.

"So you're admitting that you love me?" she lowered her eyes at him.

"Is that alllll you paid attention to? I said I have to provide for my daughter. Did you even hear that? Or are you too stuck on yourself and...and trying to win me over?" he made a move towards her.

"No. I actually care about where that little...brat lives." he teased. "Nah, I'm just kiddin'. I think you have an adorable daughter and she's lucky to have a mother like you." he spoke seriously. "I know I may come off as a...hard ass sometimes, but truthfully...it's only because of you. I just have this urge to piss you off the majority of times because I like to see you upset. You look sexy when you are. And..." she bit her lip interestingly. "...I like the making up part. I can just imagine how high-quality it would be if we were together, because um..." a soft chuckle escaped her lips. "...it's first-class now." he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"You don't get enough of pissing me off, do you? But you will if I put a foot up your ass." he broke out laughing.

"Even that can't stop me." he spoke surely. "Let me buy you a drink." he offered, slowly brushing pass her and making his way towards the bar.

"I can't say no to that." she followed behind him.
_____________

The following morning (9:02 a.m.)

Justin stepped on his back patio with a cup of coffee in his hand. He took a seat at the table across from Giselle who seemed to be busy jotting stuff down in her planner. "Morning." he greeted, cautiously taking a sip of the hot substance.

"Good morning." she responded, never taking her eyes off the book. "Um, today happen to be your lucky day. You have an interview set for twelve this afternoon here and then you're free afterwards." he looked away, watching as she scribbled down a few words.

"Is this for MTV or..."

"VH1 actually." she corrected.

"Cool." he nodded, never peeling his eyes off her. "Ahem, any way..." he looked away, putting his main focus on the green grass in front of them. "Last night was...really something else." she slowly lifted her head to gaze at him. "Hmm. Quite...interesting."

"What part? The lil' fight we had or the making up afterwards?" a smirk instantly formed on his face.

"No comments." she watched as he sipped on his coffee, never taking his eyes off his surroundings.

"You only bought me a drink. What's so interesting about that?" he shook his head.

"Nothing. You would never understand." he looked away, peering in her eyes. She sat there, burning a hole to him, realizing how cute he looked. The way he gazed at her with his pretty blue eyes just drove her up the wall. And all she could do was fantasize, because she knew she didn't want to mix business with pleasure. "Wow, look at your hair. So...wild. I know you slept good. Haha. How was the bed? You know, for sleeping in it for the first time." she shrugged her shoulders.

"It was..."

"And don't lie. Tell me the god honest truth." she blushed massively.

"Okay, it felt great." he laughed faintly. "That had to be the softest bed I've ever slept on. It was just...too damn comfortable for it's own good." she put her focus back on the book. "I'm surprised your freaky ass didn't sneak in my room. Knowing you..."

"Oh don't even try that. You know I'm not like that. If you don't wanna sleep with me then fine. I will leave it at that, but don't try to make me look like this...sex freak who just can't take no for an answer. The other night we did it...I didn't even ask. You came on to me." she shook her head, disagreeing with him.

"No I didn't." she spoke without eye contact.

"Yes you did. Liar. Ahaha." she stuck her middle finger up.

"You boys and your...egos. Ya'll can never admit when you're wrong." he flashed her an hilarious look.

"Boys? You and I know that I'm farrr farrrrr farrr away from a boy. Junior says it all." he spoke, pointing to his boxers.

"Oh shut up. Asshole. Haha."

Around twelve that afternoon...

"Hi." Justin greeted while shaking the host's hand.

"Hello, Justin. I'm Katherine. I will be interviewing you." she replied.

"That's cool. You wanna maybe...sit down?" he offered. Without a word said, she took a seat on his sofa.

"Thanks." he took a seat on the opposite side of her.

"Excuse me. Nelly?" he called. "You need anything to drink? My good friend over here will help you to anything you need. Nelly, sweetie..." his maid entered the living room.

"Yes sir."

"Could you make me a glass of tea? Would you like anything, Katherine?" she shook her head.

"No thanks. I'm fine. But thanks any way." Nelly turned, heading towards the kitchen. "I just wanna say what a lovely house you have here. Is this the eight million dollar mansion mentioned a few times?" he nodded.

"Yes ma'am. Eight point five." he corrected. "Don't ask why I bought it. Ahaha. I just like to uhhh...be in a spacious environment. Closed areas seem too...make me nervous. I'm claustrophobic as they would say." he joked. "Nah, I'm just kiddin'."

"Haha. Yeah, well this is nice. Really." he nodded.

"Thank you." Nelly entered the room with a glass of water. She sat it down in on the coffee table in front of him. "Thanks Nelly. She's a big help. Really big help." he added.

"Okay, I wanna ask you something to do with your love life. There's this room going around that you're seeing your assistant. What's her name? Giselle or something like that?" Giselle walked pass the room, immediately freezing when she heard her name.

"Giselle, well..." he cleared his throat. "Giselle is my assistant. Not only an assistant, but a good friend. We've known each other for quite a while. Seven years to be exact and...nothing sexual or how should I say it?" he paused, trying to think of a better way to put it. "Nothing non-business like has happened between us. I don't even like to talk about my love life because bad things happen when I do. So to be more...straightforward with this..." he gazed at the camera. "The rumors aren't true. They're false. Haha. False." he repeated. Giselle smiled slyly, slowly proceeding down the hall.

"All right. Um, Justin you don't mind if we talk a little about your relationship with Britney, do you?"

"Oh...not at all." he sat up, quickly grabbing a hold to his glass of water and taking a sip of it. "Ahem. Sorry." he sat back.

"That's okay. Um, about your relationship with Britney. We all know she was your first love. Your first...real relationship. Your first everything basically." he nodded in agreement. "Can you tell us what was the first thing that came to mind when you found out that she cheated on you?" he bit his lip, a little hesitant to answer her. "How did you react?"

"Like any normal guy in love would. I mean..." he licked his lips. "I was heartbroken, and at one time felt like I couldn't live. But I got over it. It was really hard to, but I managed. As you ya'll knew, I loved her. I still do and it was hard for me to uh...to let her go but I knew I had to. I mean, what's the point of being with someone you lost complete trust for? I told her the day we decided to um...go our separate ways that um, I will always love her and that she could um...call me if there was anything she needed. Or if she needed to talk to someone. I told her I will always be here for her."

"So you still love her? I mean..."

"Yes. It will always be that way." he interrupted. "She was my first love."

"Does your past experiences interfere with your relationships now?" he chuckled softly.

"No. Not really. I mean, I pay more attention to what's going on around me now. I'm more alert and...cautious. But I don't try to let it interfere." he cleared his throat. "I do wanna move on and have my own family someday. So..."

"Yeah. That's the spirit." he laughed in response.

"I dunno. Maybe..." he eyed her interestingly. "Maybe we could go out sometimes. Dinner and a movie or...ahaha." she broke out laughing. "I'm just joking. Don't mind me."

Meanwhile...

"Thanks for having me here." Katherine extended her hand out to shake his.

"Oh no problem. Anytime." he shook her hand in response. "Have a safe trip back."

"We will. Thanks again." he watched Nelly walk her and the camera crew to the door.

"Pretty, isn't she?" he quickly looked away to stare at Giselle who stood beside him.

"Oh please." he bit his lip in thought.

"Young too. She had to be problem twenty or something. The youngest I've ever seen them." he stuffed his hands in his pockets, slowly locking eyes with hers.

"She wasn't my type. I happen to like...girls with a lil'...junk in the trunk, and she kinda lacked that." she rested her hand on her hip, shaking her head pathetically.

"I swear...you sure you weren't black in another life time? I mean..." she ambled towards the stair way. "...you think like I black man. You even fuck like one." he flashed her a shocked look. "What?" she proceeded up the stairs. "I'm just tellin' it like it is."

"Slut." he teased, watching her enter his office and shut the door behind her.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant