stories/1486/images/colorblindlogo.gif

A year earlier (2006)

It's the not color of your skin that makes you fall in love with someone. It's the way they make you feel. The way you make that person feel. Justin Timberlake was your typical celebrity who liked to party and entertain others. He could never stay in a relationship because he would always end up finding the wrong women. Women who only likes him for his riches and fame.

It was the year two-thousand six, and he had just came from touring fifty cities. After traveling around, singing and performing, it was now time to relax. Well that's what he had hoped to do.

"I can't even tell ya' how tired I am." he spoke on his cordless phone. "I just got off...the longest tour I've ever been on. And..." he took a seat at his bar, waiting patiently for the maid to finish off his breakfast. "Mmm hmm." the maid sat two toast with jelly in front of him. "Thanks." he thanked, taking a bite out of one of the toasts. "Mmm. I miss these home cooked meals." he went through the newspaper, searching for any type of updated content. And he wouldn't be surprised if they had something in it that had to do with him. They did half of the time.

While reading the daily news, the doorbell to his mansion rung throughout the house. "I got that sir." the maid approached the two double doors that led outside.

"Hmm." he scrutinized the familiar woman pictured on page seven of the entertainment section. "What a...whore." he mumbled, tossing the paper aside. He didn't understand why he would start seeing his ex-girlfriend in the daily news. Ever since they had broken up, she could never stay out of the paper.

"Good morning." he looked away, gazing at Giselle, his assistant. She was an attractive African American and half Hispanic, 5'9" woman with thick, curly, dark brown hair. "What's for breakfast?" she asked Nelly, the maid.

"A good hearty meal, that's whats it. Why don't you join us for breakfast." she took a seat at the bar beside Justin.

"Any way, I got your schedule all planned out." she flipped her organizer open to a specific page. "At four you have an interview with MTV. They told me that they would like to discuss the tour and your new album. Yadi yadi da, whatever. Um..." she bit her lip in thought. "You have a date with Miss Vaszuela at seven." he quickly gawked her direction, flashing her a confused look.

"Valeria? Why am I seeing her?" she returned the bewildered look.

"You don't remember? Last week you told me to write it down in the planner. I dunno why you wanted to see her, but...that's what you said." he had just remembered why he scheduled to see his ex-girlfriend. It was for one thing and one thing only. He wanted to get laid.

"Oh..." a soft chuckled escaped his lips. "Well um, ahem." he cleared his throat, slowly peeling his eyes off her.

"If you want me to cancel, I'll call her up right now and..."

"No." he interrupted. "That's fine. I just...remembered why I needed to see her." he smiled warmly. "Oh and one thing..." he pointed to her. "You don't have to cancel plans with my ex for me." he pointed to himself. "I can do it myself." she shrugged her shoulders.

"Fine. Sometimes...I wonder why you even hired me." she mumbled, standing to her feet and making her way to the kitchen. He gazed at her, watching closely as she helped the maid out in the kitchen. She was just the sweetest girl in the world. Sometimes, he felt that she deserved better than being an assistant of his, because she offered so much. She would do things that she wasn't hired to do. Like helping out his maid cook breakfast for instance.

"Giselle? Could you uh...come here for a minute?" she turned, ambling his direction.

"What is it?" she asked, leaning over the bar the opposite direction of him. He could tell from the look on her face that she wasn't happy with him.

"You know I didn't mean what I just said." he paused, scrutinizing her face closely. "You've been my assistant for a long time now and...you've put up with all my bullshit during the last couple of years. Just one question. Why?" she looked away, trying to come up with a reason. She didn't know why she stuck around that long either.

"I don't know." she met eye contact with his. "I'm starting to ask myself that question more often now. I..." she hesitated, realizing the intimate look on his face. Her intentions were not to upset him. Especially while she was pissed off herself, because it would only start an argument. "I'm not sure if it was because of the money or...or how I felt about you." his eyes were filled with mystification. He had no idea what she meant by that.

"What are you trying to say?" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"You're a really nice guy, Justin. Why, for once can't we just get alone? Just once!" she held up a finger. "We're always fighting and 'til this day, I don't understand why you haven't fired me yet." she turned, instantly feeling a hand grab her arm.

"Maybe because you're the best." she laughed pathetically.

"The best? Is that alllll you could come up with? I'm the best!" she yanked her arm away. "I'm the best all right." she spoke sarcastically. "The only reason why you haven't fired me yet is because you feel that you could trust me. You're using me for your pleasure, because you think I won't steal from you. Well you're all wrong. I'll take from you in a minute. Just to keep a roof over my daughter's head and food on her back!" she spoke with tears in her eyes. "I take from you every day. Haha, you're just too blind to see it." he shook his head, disagreeing with her.

"That's not true. I know you do. I watch you." her eyes were filled with so much distress and uncertainty.

"You do? Well, why don't you say something about it?" he held his head down, nibbling on his bottom lip in thought. From the silence he held, she could tell he had a lot on his mind.

"I don't know. Maybe..." he paused, leisurely locking eyes with hers. "Maybe because I know how much you need it. And...not just that. I owe it to you. Just like I said, I've put you through hell and...I see that it's only fair that you...take from me. But damn. Why do you have to be a bitch about it? In a way, you kinda owe me something." she noticed how quick his tone changed. "I worked hard for my money." a smirk gradually formed across her lips.

"Yeah? And you're gonna have to work extra hard if you ever wanna get laid with me." he chortled softly. "I'm gonna go help Nelly out in the kitchen." she turned, joining Nelly in the kitchen. There was something she didn't know. She was someone that he admired and respected. He liked her so much, it actually freaked him out. So he knew that the only way to hide it is by treating her as if he couldn't stand her. That was the perfect way to conceal his deep feelings for her.
__________

Justin stepped out of the limousine, following his bodyguard towards the building where they were taping the MTV show at. "All right, here's your water." Giselle brisk walked beside him, handing him his bottle of water. "Remember to avoid all questions concerning your request to switch..."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." he cut her off. "Where's my cell phone? You didn't forget it, did you?" she quickly handed him the item. "Thank you."

"Is there anything you need? Gum for instance." he flashed her an offensive look. "What?"

"What are you trying to say? That my breath stinks?"

"Justin...damnit. Don't start this shit right now." she spoke through clenched teeth. "I think you can handle it from here. I'm gonna go use the rest room." she walked off, searching for the nearest restroom. "Where's the damn..." her eyes immediately zoomed in on a janitor sweeping out the hall. "Oh! Excuse me, sir." she ran towards him. "Where's your restroom. I really have to use it like now."

"Down there." he pointed further down the hall. "Left door."

"Oh, thank you." she rushed towards the lady's room.

Justin stood backstage as the stylist tending to his hair. "We're on in five minutes." he over heard the camera man.

"Where the...hell is she?" he gazed around for a sign of Giselle. "Why is she fucking with me today?" he spoke angrily.

"Four minutes!" Giselle rushed in the back room where Justin was located. That look. She knew that look. She knew then that he was upset with her. But why?

"Justin?" she called, hastily ambling his way.

"Excuse me." he spoke to the stylist. "We need to talk." he grabbed Giselle's arm, pulling her out of the room to a more secluded area. "What the hell's the matter with you? What are you?"

"Well..."

"I asked you a question? What are you?!" he raised his voice. "You're my assistant, right?" she stood there, feeling emotional all of a sudden. "Therefore you are supposed to be with me at all times. Assistants stick with their bosses. No slacking around and...acting like a fool."

"In case you didn't know, I'm not your slave. And about me..." she pointed to herself. "...being with you at all times. In that case, I should be living with you, now shouldn't I?" he chewed on his inner lip in fury. "One more thing, if you ever call me a fool again, I won't hesitate to put my foot so far up your pale, white ass." she threatened. "Now what?" she brushed pass him, instantly feeling a hang grab her.

"This is what." he turned to face her. "If you ever take from me again, you can just expect the worse." she burned a hole into him, slowly realizing how cute he was when he was upset. "Nobody takes from me and expect for me not to return the favor." she gulped down, weakening in the knees from the way he gazed at her. "So I suggest you keep that little...nasty attitude of yours at home. Because no one wants to be around some bitchy ass female all day."

"Yeah? Well nobody wants to be around some...cocky ass celebrity all day!"

"Oh! So now I'm cocky?" he moved in closer to her. "Call me that again and see what happens." she rested her hand on her hip, never breaking the eye contact. "Go on. I dare you to say it again." she tried hard not to go buck wild on his ass. That was just the type of person he was. He would say anything in the heat of the moment, then come running to her, apologizing for the way he behaved afterwards. It was the same ole' thing over and over again. "You ever had something stuck up your ass?" he leaned in as if he was going to kiss her, but instead moved in to her ear. "That's exactly what's gonna happen if you ever raise your voice at me again. You hear me?"

"Ten seconds, mister Timberlake!" the camera man lead him backstage towards the stage area. As soon as they started airing, he was introduced by the host of the show. He ambled out on stage, immediately being blown away by cheering and loud screaming.

"Hello there." the host greeted.

"Hi. How you doin'?" he shook his hand, taking a seat beside him.

"I'm wonderful. And you?" he nodded, taking a glance at the audience.

"I'm good." Giselle stood in the monitor room with the staff, gazing at Justin on the television screen.

"Now we all wanna know. Is there a special someone in your life? The ladies would like to know that." Giselle rolled her eyes.

"If their was, I'm sure it wouldn't last for a week." the few people in the room laughed at her comment. "I'm sorry. Did I think too loud? I am entitled to do that, correct? Or am I not allowed to think either." she departed the room, shutting the door behind her.

Hours had passed and now it was time to meet Valeria at her house. He stood up on her porch and reached out, pressing the button to the door bell. Moments later, the door flew open revealing the pretty petite woman. "Hello." she greeted in her strong French accent.

"Hey." he flashed her a smile.

"Come in." she stood aside, allowing him to enter the house.

"I um...totally forgot why I'm here." he turned to face her. "Oh wait! Don't close it." he referred to the door. "I brought someone with me. My uhh...assistant." Giselle stepped up on the porch. "You should know Giselle." Valeria flashed her an unkind look.

"Yeah. I know her." she peered in his eyes while crossing her arms over her chest. "And why is she here?"

"Oh, well it's simple. We were talking earlier when I mentioned that...assistants were supposed to be with their bosses at all times. So... I decided to bring her with me."

"I see. Well..." she closed the door, slowly approaching him. "I was hoping we could go upstairs and fuck." Giselle held a surprised look. "But I guess that's out of the question since you decided to bring your assistant with you." she rested her hands on her hips.

"Really? So that's why I'm here. Well um..." he grasped her hand in his. "I think we can work somethin' out. Giselle, sweetie..." he gazed at her. "You think you can find something to occupy your time for about an hour or so? I'm gonna go upstairs and...put her in her place." he followed her up the stairs.

"Justin..."

"What?!" he snapped, realizing how upset she looked. "Aight, fine. An hour. That's all I'm asking for." he proceeded up the stairs with her.

"I can't believe this." she stood there in shock. "This is unbelievable."

Giselle sat on the sofa watching television. An hour had passed and Justin was still upstairs doing God knows what with his little ex. Finally, he came jogging down the stairs with a spot of red lipstick on his left cheek. "Sorry about that." he wiped at his mouth with his fingers. "Ready?" she stood up, ambling straight for the front door. He sat in the limo with her, too exhausted to say a word.

"I swear..." she began. "You're the most uncaring person I've ever known. How could you leave me in there for an hour to go...fuck that French slut of yours!" she spoke with tears in her eyes.

"I beg your pardon? I thought we spoke about this earlier. Don't you dare..."

"No! I don't remember talking about this!" she shouted. "But I do remember saying that I'm not your slave." he lowered his eyes at her. "I work for you. I'm hired as your assistant. Someone who helps plan your schedule and other big events. I am not here to follow you around while you go...hit on other women. I refuse to be your bitch."

"Oh yeah? Well why didn't you just stop us? You were the stupid one for waiting around." she looked away, gritting her teeth angrily.

"What did I tell you about calling me stupid? I told you if you ever called me that again..."

"You'll what?" he peered in her heated eyes. "You're gonna kick my ass? Huh? What are you gonna do, stupid?" he purposely tried ticking her off. "You're gonna quit? Huh, stupid?!"

"Ugh!!!" she swung her hands, hitting him everywhere she possibly could. He sat there, shielding himself with his arms.

"Stop! Crazy..."

"What?! GO AHEAD AND SAY IT! I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL...KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS!!!" she belted out. Words couldn't explain how heated she was. He had never made her this angry before, and she knew this was a sign. She just didn't know if it was a good or bad one.

He sat there with this petrified look on his face. "What the hell's the matter with you? Damn." he straightened out his outfit. "I was just playing."

"Pishhh, yeah right." she sat back, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You don't have to be an ass about it." she gazed out the window, slowly feeling the tears build up in her system. Why couldn't she just come out and tell him how she felt about him? Was it that hard?

When she would get close to telling him, something would happen. Like this for instance. He had to act like a jerk whenever she was being serious with him. And 'til this day, she never understood how he ever got in relationships with women when he was an asshole half the time. Or maybe he was just a jerk towards her. "Hey." he spoke, reaching out to touch her. "You okay?" she slapped his hand.

"Don't touch me. Just...leave me alone." he watched as a single tear escaped her eye, slowly rolling down her face. He then knew that he really hurt her.

"I told you...I was just playing. Why do you have to be so serious..."

"You'll never understand." she interrupted. "With your fancy...house and cars. You never knew HOW to be serious, because you live your life as a fairytale. And you know what? This is NOT a fairytale. This is reality. And that is something you're having a really hard time seeing." her face was now drenched with tears. "Just let me out of this car." she yanked on the door knob, but it wouldn't budge.

"Wait. Giselle, wait." he touched her, watching as she shrugged him off her as if he was some kind of disease. "Just calm down. Rela..."

"No! You don't have the privilege to tell me to calm down. YOU DON'T HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO TELL ME ANYTHING, because from this day forward...I'm not your assistant anymore." he flashed her a confused look.

"Wh...what are you talking about? You..."

"I quit."

"What? But..."

"Just when I thought things were getting better for us...they turn upside down. This has been a nightmare for me. WORKING for you for the past six years has been a nightmare and there's only so much a human can take. You've treated me like dirt long enough and now...all of that is gonna be put to an end. You can go treat someone else like this, but not me. NOT ANYMORE!"

"Wait. Now you're talking crazy here."

"No! You're the crazy one." she pointed. "And I can admit, I was crazy for letting you mistreat me this way. Driver!!! Let me out of this car!!" she shouted.

"Giselle, please. Let's talk about this, okay?"

"Talk about what?"

"What's the real reason why you're pissed? Is it because of me leaving you downstairs for an whole hour to go...fuck my ex? Or is it just the thought of fucking her that pissed you off?"

"Just let me out of this...car. NOW!" the driver stepped out of the limousine and yanked the door open. It just so happened Justin was sitting on that side where the door was located. "No. Can you let me out on this side? I..."

"That's not a real door. It's just...there for decoration." she sat there in puzzlement.

"This is insane." he sat there, not bothering to move. "Move." she demanded. He shook his head.

"No. You're gonna have to go through me first."

"I'm not fucking with you, Justin. Let me out of this fucking limo now! NOW!!!" she yelled. He shook his head.

"You think threatening me and yelling at me is gonna make me give in? None of that scares me, and I thought you realized that by now." she looked away, breathing heavily. If he didn't move, she was going to do something that she would regret. She had a gut feeling. "We've been through this before. You left me, and I was stupid for letting it happen." she slowly locked eyes with his. "Now I refuse to let it happen again. I lost you once, and I'm not gonna loose you again." he spoke in a sternly tone. "Just please...stay with me. You know I don't mean what I say. Half of the shit is said 'round the heat of the moment."

"But...why? Why do you persistently do this to me? There's something you don't know. Whenever you treat me this way, it hurts. And sometimes I wanna kill you, but..." she held her head down, crying inaudibly. "I just can't get myself to."

"Sometimes I wanna kill you too. But does that make me want to fire you or...beat your ass for taking money from me?" she laughed faintly. "No. So...why don't you stop acting like this big baby and..." her smile slowly faded when she noticed the intimate look on his face. He had never looked at her this way.

He cupped her chin between his fingers as he hesitantly leaned in, locking lips with hers. This electric shock went through her body. She had never gotten this way over him. It seemed as if she was infatuated. And the only thing she could think of was kissing him. That's the only thing she wanted to do.

Her arms swathed around him as they continued kissing. What was she doing? She couldn't be kissing him. She vowed to herself that she would never mix business with pleasure. It just wasn't her fashion. "No." she broke away. "I can't...I can't do this."

"Why? Wh...what's wrong?"

"I'm your assistant and nothing more. I really should go." she crawled over him and stepped out of the overstretched car.

"Giselle?!" he called, watching as she ran down the sidewalk, further away from them. "Damnit! Shit!" he spoke furiously.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant