Chapter 10

"Judy? Oh my God. What are you doing here?"

"Surprise," she joked halfheartedly.

"Come here."

Justin opened his arms to her. She stepped forward, hesitantly placing her arms around his neck. Justin however wasn't nervous at all. He squeezed her tightly, sighing into her hair. When he released her he stepped back to take in her appearance. She looked different, yet the same. Tired. Run down maybe.

"You look so different," he said.

"I wish I could say the same about you, but you look almost exactly as I remembered. I remember that shirt."

Justin smiled, looking down at the tee shirt he'd had for as long as he could remember. When he looked back up at her, her smile was gone. Then it dawned on him.

"It's 6 o'clock in the morning," he stated.

"Yeah, sorry. I was gonna stop somewhere and sleep for a few hours, but once I started driving I couldn't stop."

"You drove? From CV?"

"No, from the base. It's a little further North. Is this your house?"

She stepped away from here, walking further into the foyer. She peered into the dark kitchen, and then into the living room. It was obvious by her sudden change in topic that she didn't want to continue with that conversation.

"Yeah."

"Nice."

"Thanks. So, what are you doing here?"

She turned to face him, her facial expression was nervous and she started to fidget with her hands.

"I just needed to get away, you know?"

She said it as if that statement should have explained everything. Then she watched him for a moment before her eyes lowered.

"I should go, huh?"

"No."

He gave the answer before he even had a chance to comprehend the question. But it was the right answer. He knew he didn't want her to go.

"Hey, do you mind if we finish this conversation later? I can't really think with half my brain still asleep."

He had a million questioned burning in his mind, but he couldn't quite figure out how to form them all. He also got the idea that she wasn't really in the mood to talk about it.

"Yeah. Yeah, sure. I kinda know the feeling."

Justin nodded. He waited for her move, maybe she had a hotel room or something. But when she didn't budge he spoke again.

"Do you wanna stay? Sleep for awhile?"

For the first time since she'd gotten there, she looked happy and a little relieved.

"Yes. That's be great."

"Come on, I'll show you the spare room."

Justin headed towards the stairs, taking them two at a time. Then he had to wait at the top for Judy to catch up to him. He discreetly took her hand and lead her down the hall to the room opposite his.

"There's clean sheets on the bed, bathroom is through there."

He pushed the door open and waited in the door way while she looked around.

"Did you bring any clothes, or anything?"

He noticed that she didn't have a bag with her, only a brown purse, which now that he thought about it, wasn't very Judy like. Judy carried big, bright, colorful bags that other girls always took notice of. He couldn't count how many times they'd been stopped in the hallway of CVHS or walking down the street for someone to say, "I love your bag, where did you get it?"

Now she carried a simple, basic brown tote.

"Oh I uh, I left it in the car. But that's okay. I can get it later."

"Alright," he nodded. "Well, um, I'm going to go lay down."

"Okay." She took a seat on the bed, bouncing a few times.

"So I'll see you in a few hours, I guess."

"Yeah."

"Okay."

He didn't know what to say, so he turned and stepped out into the hall.

"Hey Justin," her voice stopped him. "Thank you."

"Of course," he replied. "Good night."

"Good morning."

The door clicked closed a moment later. Justin stood there a moment, his hand still on the knob. Was all of this really happening? Now? At 6am? He started to turn back, twisting the knob to open the door again. But he stopped himself. He didn't know what to say. He didn't have anything to say. Whatever the unspoken words that he couldn't get to come out from deep inside were, they could wait until the sun rose.


It was noon when Justin finally awoke again. The moment his eyes opened Judy was the first and only thing he could think about. He jumped from the bed, tossing the sheets back, and scurried into the bathroom. He rushed brushing his teeth and hair, then practically ran from his room into the hall. He had to find out if Judy was really here, or if it was some crazy dream his mind had created.

He paused at the top of the stairs, listening for the sound of the TV or clinking dishes. When he didn't hear anything, he headed for her room. Maybe she was getting dressed or watching TV there. He stopped at her door, knocking softly a few times. When after a minute he didn't get an answer, he slowly pushed open the door, sticking his head in the small opening.

Judy laid there in the middle of the bed, snoring softly. The blankets were rumpled all around her from her tossing and turning. One of her legs hung off the bed, sticking out from underneath the creme colored blanket like a sore thumb. Her shoulder length bob was spread across the pillow around her, the blonde streak in front still falling over her eyes. Justin watched her for a moment before pulling the door closed again and heading down the stairs.

Had he entered the twilight zone? He'd called her last night, for the first time in month, and next thing he knew she was standing on his porch ringing his doorbell at the butt crack of dawn as if everything were fine. Had she already been driving when he called? And what did she mean by she had to get away? Had something happened with Ben? Had he hurt her in some way? There were so many questions flowing through his mind, he had to talk to someone. Picking up his phone, he dialed the first person he could think of.

"Trace? You won't fucking believe what happened to me this morning...."

It wasn't until 4pm when Judy rolled out of bed. She washed her face and used the spare toothbrush she found in the bathroom drawer before she headed down the stairs barefoot. From the stairway she could hear the sound of guns going off and bombs being thrown on TV. When she rounded the corner, she found Justin sitting on the sofa, a video game controller in his hand.

"One kill? One kill? Bitch, I shot you like 50 times," he was saying into a headset.

He must have seen her movement out of the corner of his eye because he glanced back to look at her. Then he paused the game and pulled the mic away from his lips.

"Hey sleepyhead."

Judy smiled shyly.

"Hungry?"

"Yeah."

"There's eggs and sausage in the kitchen. I remembered you liked the maple ones."

"Thanks."

He started to speak again, but something in the headset caught his attention and be pulled the microphone back to his mouth.

"I wasn't talking to you bitch. Make your own food.... Yeah, I got some sausage for you."

When Justin turned back to his game Judy made her way into the kitchen. There was a clean plate on the counter next to the food, and a glass of orange juice. She made a small plate and picked up the glass, making her way back into the living room. She sat down on the sofa next to Justin, setting her food on the coffee table.

A bomb went off on the TV screen and Justin raised his hands in victory.

"What, bitch, what? Whooped your ass."

Judy shook her head. Boys and their Xbox Live... she'd never understand. Justin began to push buttons on the control, accessing menu after menu on the TV screen.

"Hey, I gotta go. I got better things to do than sit here and kick your ass all day."

Judy smirked to herself, biting into a sausage link as Justin turned off the video game and put MTV on. Then he pulled off the headset and tossed it on the table before letting out a sigh and turning to her.

"Well, welcome to the land of the living," he smiled.

Judy chuckled sheepishly, looking down at her lap.

"Did you sleep alright?"

"Yes. Thanks. That bed is so comfortable."

"I know. It's the second most comfortable bed that I've ever slept in."

"What's number one?"

"My bed." He gave her a look.

"Duh!" She supplied, knowing he was already thinking the word.

"Exactly!"

Judy chuckled, taking a sip from her glass of juice.

"So, how the hell have you been? You disappeared off the face of the Earth on me!"

He put an arm around her and squeezed her shoulders before scooting back to turn and face her.

"Umm..." Judy shrugged. "I've been good. How have you been? Do you still talk to Steve?"

"Yeah. He's working the new season of Senior Year."

"With Ciara?"

"Yeah. He says she's nowhere near as much fun as we were though."

"Of course. Like the time we went mudding in the hills to try and ditch the production van following us? Who else is going to do that?"

"Well," Justin scratched his chin. "I do remember you being very happy they were following us when we got that flat tire 5-minutes later."

"Who wouldn't have been happy? Like I wanted to trek through all of that mud to get back to the road."

Justin smiled. He'd actually forgotten all about that time. So many things had been said and done, so many crazy antics and experiences. But, she wasn't going to change the subject that easily.

"So?" He pushed.

"What?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Come on, Juicy. Talk to me. What have you been doing? What's going on with you? You gotta admit it's a little out of the ordinary for you to be popping up at my front door at 6am. Even if you and I had spoken in the past couple months, it'd still be weird."

"Yeah, I guess so. I don't know it's just... things with Ben. We're not good anymore. I didn't know where to go, I didn't even really think about where to go. I just had to get out, you know? Did you ever just feel like you had to leave? Like if you didn't, you might never have the chance and the nerve to do it again?" She turned to look at him.

The look in her eyes almost made his heart stop. The expression on her face was so desperate, so lost. But he did know the feeling. He'd felt it on tour, with ex-girlfriends. That feeling of being torn between wanting to be responsible for your obligations, but also feeling a need to be free and left alone.

"Yeah. I know what you mean."

"It was just too much," she said softly.

She looked down towards the floor, blinking several times as she thought hard on something. Then she shook her head slightly, as if answering her own question before she'd even asked it.

"I was sitting there. I didn't know where to go, or who to call, or what to do. And then you called me. I'm sorry I didn't answer. I wanted too but Ben... I heard your message and I just thought, maybe you were a far enough away place to hide."

"Hide from what?"

Judy looked up at him sharply, and he thought for a moment that she might answer. But then her body language changed, and she looked incredibly uncomfortable, shifting and turning in her seat.

"Uhh..." she stammered.

It was odd how badly she'd craved him back at the apartment, and now that she was there with him she didn't have any idea on what to say to him. Her head had swivelled completely away from him when Justin reached out to touch her arm.

"Listen. Why don't we talk about this more later, okay? We have time to spill our guts to each other."

"Okay. Do you think we could maybe wait a day? Or two?"

Justin smirked. If he hadn't been interested in learning about her secrets before, he was definitely intrigued now. There was a knock at the front door and Justin gave her a reassuring smirk before jumping up to answer it. Judy meanwhile let out a deep sigh and went back to her eggs.

"Hey."

"Hey. Where is she? I wanna meet her."

Judy turned to look over the back of the couch.

"Who?"

"The girl. The one you called me blabbering about this morning..." Trace's sentence trailed off as he rounded the corner and saw Judy sitting there.

"Hey," he said walking towards her. "You must be Judy. I'm Trace. Justin's-."

"Hairiest pain the ass."

Trace shot Justin a glare.

"Shut up."

"It's okay Trace. I've seen Justin's ass, it's hairy all on it's own," Judy joked.

Trace laughed, pointing a finger at Justin as he took a seat on the sofa.

"She's funny. I like her."

"Join the club," Justin muttered, heading into the kitchen.

"So, you're the Trace that flooded Justin's house while he was filming the show, right?"

Trace rolled his eyes, his head flopping back against the couch.

"It's bad enough you trash talk me to our friends. Do you have to ruin my cred with strangers too?"

Justin entered the room, a plate with a sandwich in one hand and a glass of milk in the other.

"Don't front, Trace. You know you have no cred."

"Where'd you get that sandwich so fast?"

Trace watched him take a seat on the love seat next to them. Justin smirked, his mouth full of food, and wiped his hands on a napkin.

"Your Mama's in the kitchen making sandwiches."


"They can make a shuttle that can fly all around moon, withstand temperatures over a hundred-million degrees. You mean to tell me they can't make an El Dorado where the bumper don't fall off?"

Justin and Judy both let out a laugh, Justin slapping one of his knees for good measure.

"Man. His shit never gets old."

Judy smiled, biting one of her nails as the Comedy Central show went to commercial.

"What time is it?" She asked.

Justin flipped the cable's menu on for a second.

"1:45am."

Judy turned to him, her eyebrows raising.

"Oh my gosh..."

"Yeah. Time flies..."

"I don't normally stay up this last, especially two nights in a row. Ben usually wants me in bed by 11pm."

Justin bit down on his lip, picking nervously at the fabric of the carpet.

"What else does Ben usually want you to do?"

Judy didn't acknowledge him at all, quietly watching the commercials on the TV as she uncharacteristically chewed on one of her nails. She'd always gotten down on him for doing that, claiming he'd grow a foot in his stomach. Now here she was partaking in the same behavior.

He hadn't meant to sit there staring at her the way he was. But he knew that there was something she was refusing to say, some secret that she was hiding inside. He just couldn't understand why she wouldn't tell him about it. Why run to him, to hide, if she couldn't tell him what she was hiding from?

Then Judy turned to him, bringing him back to reality.

"I'm tired."

"Me too. Let's call it a night."

"Yeah."

They both stood from the sofa where they'd been planted for hours that day. Justin turned off the TV and the various lamps that lit the room. Then, just as he'd done the night before, he took Judy's hand and led her up the stairs and over to her room.

"Sleep tight," he said from the doorway. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Yeah. You too."

He hesitated a moment, hoping that maybe she'd start talking. Maybe she'd get his telepathic messages and just start spilling her guts then and there. But she didn't. She just stood there looking back at him. So Justin nodded to her, and then pulled the door shut.

In his own room, he closed the double doors behind himself and headed into the closet to change into some pajamas. Once done with that he continued on with his nightly routine, brushing his teeth, washing his face. Then he got into bed, but this time he left the TV off. He was too tired to hear the corny jokes on late night talk shows.

He'd barely begun to drift off into sleep when there was a soft knock at his door. He sat up on his elbows just as one of his double doors creaked open and Judy stepped in.

"Are you awake?" She whispered.

"Yeah," he croaked. "What's up?"

"Now I know how you felt when you came to my house, sleeping a strange room. And you don't have a soft, comforting animal like Playa to welcome me."

Justin chuckled at memories of Playa, and the adorable way Judy was nervously wringing her hands.

"So, um, do you think I could maybe sleep in here with you? For old times sake?"

"Sure. Climb in."

His answer was so instantaneous even he was a little thrown off by it. He pulled back the blankets on the other side of the bed as Judy crossed the room and climbed up into the large bed.

"Why is your bed so high up?" She asked, pulling on the blanket to help herself up.

"So I don't get attacked by short people like you in my sleep."

Even in the dark he could see her roll her eyes.

"Whatever. I'm tall for a girl."

Justin snorted.

"For a girl."

The room went silent except for the sounds of their blankets and pillows rustling as they attempted to get comfortable. They laid down, face-to-face, and were quiet as they looked everywhere in the room except at each other.

"Thank you," she said. "For letting me stay here."

"Of course."

"Tomorrow I guess I should call my Mom, see if it's okay for me to go home."

"I know she'll be glad to hear from you. I don't think she'll mind letting you move back home, if that's where you want to go."

"It's not exactly where I want to go, but I have to go somewhere. I can't sponge off of you."

"Why not?"

Judy laughed.

"Because. That wouldn't be right."

"Well, I insist you do for as long as you'd like. I think you'd like LA."

"I think I would too."

"Then stay. We still have a lot of catching up to do."

"Yeah. You haven't told me anything about the album yet. You've been keeping it a secret from me for months."

"You're keeping your own secrets from me too."

"Are you going to have to go back on the road soon?"

There was that topic change she was becoming famous for.

"In a couple of days. You had perfect timing on showing up. One day earlier and you would have missed me."

"There you go. We're still connected."

"Still connected enough for you to tell me the truth?"

"The truth about what?"

"Everything. With Ben."

"What color-?"

"Without avoiding it, or changing the subject," he added quickly.

Judy sighed, hugging the pillow closer to herself.

"What do you want to know?"

"The whole story, starting when I left. You and I used to talk, and then you disappeared."

"Ben didn't like me talking to you."

He had figured that much.

"He told that you didn't really care about me. It had all been part of the show and you were just trying to keep in touch with me because it was good PR for your image. So h made me promise to never talk to you again. Get rid of our emails, letters, pictures. Everything. He said you didn't need me anymore, so I didn't need you."

"And you believed him?"

Judy shrugged.

"When you're told something over and over again, it can start to make sense. I didn't really know what to believe."

"And then what happened? You moved?"

"Yeah. Ben went away to boot camp. I wrote him everyday. It was kinda romantic in a way. But he came back, and he found out that he was going to T.A.F.B."

"Travis?"

"Yeah. And he was going to be in off-base housing with a friend and he asked me to come along. He made it sound like so much fun, with the parties, being away from home. And I'd be in that all exclusive ‘military girlfriends' club."

"Oh, the glitz and glamour."

"Exactly. And I thought that he was so amazing, so I went."

He waited a minute for her to continue.

"And?" He pushed.

"And it wasn't. There was a lot of sex. A lot of violence, homophobia, and drugs. Lots of drugs."

All things that his old Juicy would not have been okay with.

"The military, they just have their own rules, you know? They have their own code of conduct, their own way of doing things. You get punished if you don't follow their rules, and there's no one to help you because if you step out of rank, or you break the chain of command, they have a way of sweeping it under the rug, and then you get punished for that too. It's just very different than a lot of people thing. There's nothing romantic about it."

"Did you ever step out of rank with Ben?"

"In the beginning."

"And you got punished?"

"I know what you're getting at Timberlake," Judy rolled over onto her back.

"Well, you said you were going to tell me the story." He sat up, leaning his head against his palm.

"Story is he hurt me."

Her head rolled on the pillow to face him.

"He made me do things I didn't want too. Say things I didn't want to say. If I didn't listen then I was punished, and his punishments were terrible. But I couldn't complain, cause we're in the Air Force and there's no crying in the Air Force."

"You weren't in the military Judy." Justin said, reaching out to take her hand. "And even if you had been you didn't deserve to be punish like some animal, or even a little kid."

Judy shrugged.

"No, not," Justin mocked her shrug. "You didn't deserve whatever he did to you."

He thought that maybe she would say, ‘you're right,' or something else that agreed with him. But instead she stayed silent.

"Why didn't you tell me any of this, Judy? I would have been there to help you."

"I don't know. Part of me was ashamed."

"Why?"

"Because you were right!" She sat up on her elbows. "Everyone was right. You didn't like him, some of my friends didn't him. And admitting that you were right, and he was a bad guy, it was embarrassing. Like I'm some dumb kid who can't even pick the right kind of guy for myself to fall in love with."

"That would hardly make you dumb. We all have problems picking the right guy or girl. So, part of you was embarrassed. What was the other part of you?"

"The other part of me didn't think you'd care anymore. We hadn't talked in forever, and then with everything that Ben was saying... It wasn't until I got that message from you that I thought just because you were right about him, didn't mean he was right about you too."

"How could you possibly think that I wouldn't care? What did I keep telling you that last week we were together?"

Judy looked at him, her eyes confused. Justin let go of her hand and held up his pinky finger. Instantly Judy smiled, and for the first time she looked like the girl he remembered from Central Valley with the gorgeous grin and sparkly personality.

"Come on," he insisted.

Judy held up her pinky, wrapping it around his. Justin gave it a squeeze.

"Forever. Right?"

"Right. Forever."

Judy gave him a squeeze back and moved to let go, but before she could Justin squeezed her finger again.

"And there's never anything shameful about needing help. Okay?"

"Okay."

"You did the right thing. Some girls don't get away from bad guys at all. You did. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks."

"Is that all there is?"

Judy nodded, unable to say ‘yes' because it would only be a lie. Justin leaned over, kissing her temple. Then he laid on his back, opening his arms to her.

"Now come here, and quit your yapping. I'm tired and I wanna go to sleep."

Judy chuckled at him, scooting closer. She cuddling up next to him, resting her head on the left side of his chest as he tossed an arm over her, holding her like he did the night she'd been afraid that the mice were going to attack her. For the first time in awhile she got a good nights sleep without worrying about what was going to happen tomorrow.


"Where the fuck are you Judy?"

"I'm at a relatives."

"Bullshit. I talked to all your relatives. They haven't seen you, or heard from you. Even your Mama doesn't know where you are. What the hell are you doing? How could you just run off on me in the middle of the night like that? Did you think I wouldn't notice?"

Judy pinched the bridge of her nose, nervous to tell him her feelings even over the phone.

"Ben, I'm leaving you. I can't do this anymore."

"Leaving me?! What the fuck are you talking about leaving me?"

"It just hasn't been working. It hasn't been working for a long time now and, and you're a bad guy Ben. You're bad. And I don't deserve the way you treat me. I don't deserve to be hit."

"I don't hit you."

"Yes, you do."

"I said I was SORRY!!!"

Judy, startled, pulled the phone away from her ear. Ben was silent for a moment after his outburst, panting before he spoke again.

"Judy, I'm sorry. You know I don't mean to hurt you. You just... you know how I get sometimes. You know when I need my space but you just push and push and push."

"That's not my fault Ben," she said. "Even if I am bothering you, it's not my fault that you hit me."

"Judy-."

"And what about the drugs?"

"What?"

Judy heard movement in the hallway, so she closed her bathroom door and moved to sit on the edge of the bath tub. The last thing she needed was for Justin to overhear.

"The drugs. You're always making me take something, keeping me doped up, sticking needles in my arm."

"That's just for fun baby. It helps you loosen up."

"It's not fun," she scratched nervously at the back of her neck.

"You haven't given it a chance."

"Ben, I don't like it, alright? I never wanted any of this shit and you knew that."

"Fine. We'll talk about the drugs, okay? We'll cut back. But first you have to get your ASS BACK HERE!!!!"

Judy closed her eyes tight, visualizing Ben's fist slamming against the counter in anger and the veins popped out of his muscular arms. Then she shook her head.

"I'm sorry, Ben. I can't."

"You can't? You can't? You listen to me and you listen to me good you disgusting, drug addicted excuse for a woman-."

"Goodbye Ben."

"Goodbye? Don't you-don't you hang up on me. Judy? Judy!"

She could hear him calling her as she pulled the phone from her ear and pressed the end button. Then she sat there, watching as he called again, three more times. Each time she didn't answer, she just let it ring. Each time he left a message.

"Judy? Hey, Judy? I need to talk to you for a second."

"Okay. I'll um, I'll be right there!" She called back.

Rising from her seat on the tub, Judy crossed over to the sink. She looked at herself in the mirror, taking a moment to inspect the skin on her cheeks. Ben's words played over in her head.

"Disgusting."

Judy opened one of the drawers pulling out a bag in which she kept all of her personal items. She unzipped it and dug down to the bottom, grabbing the orange bottle and pulling it out. She looked at the label, making sure they were the right ones, before she popped the lid off and poured two into her hand. She tossed them into her mouth, and bent down to take a sip of water from the faucet.

She straightened back up, picking up the bottle again to pour two more pills in her hand. She'd just tossed them into her mouth when the bathroom door flew open.

"What is taking you so long?" Justin began.

But then he noticed the deer-in-headlights expression on her face, the running faucet, and the pill bottle in her hand. Then, his expression changed from one of carefree to one of anger.

"What is this? What is this?" He snatched the pill bottle from her hand.

He read the label, and then turned his angry stare back to her.

"Are you taking this shit?"

"No?" Her voice was small, mouse like.

He gave her a rough pat on the back, and the two pills in her mouth flew into the sink. He picked one up, comparing it to the others in the bottle. For a moment she was more grossed out that he was handling something that had just been in her mouth, than she was nervous about what he was going to do or say.

When his suspicions were confirmed Justin turned off the faucet and grabbed Judy by the arm.

"Jesus Christ," he muttered.

He pulled her into the bedroom, seating her on the bed, the pill bottle still firmly gripped in his hand.

"What is this? Is this some of those drugs you were talking about being on base? And you're still doing them? Are you an addict or something?" He was pacing the floor, reading all the information on the bottle.

"No, I just-."

"I was coming up here to talk to you about my leaving in two days. I was going to say that you can stay here while I'm gone. But now I don't know." Now he was pacing and chewing on his thumb.

"What?" Her face looked horrified.

Was he making her leave?

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't-."

"Didn't what? Didn't mean too? Are these even vicodin, or is it something else in a different bottle? Because they look like ecstacy."

"Actually it's both, but it's not what you think. I'm not an addict-."

"Well don't tell me need the vicodin for some recent major surgery because we both know that's not true."

"No, Justin, please just listen-."

"What?!"

He raised his arms in frustration, prepared to hear whatever she felt the need to say. But he also noticed the way Judy flinched and braced herself as if he were about to attack her. He paused, looking at himself. His labored breathing, the hair on his arms standing up. Then he looked at her, eyes wide and face worried. Justin took a seat next to her, running his hands over his head before wiping his face.

"I'm sorry," he said honestly.

"It's okay," she swallowed hard.

He let out a sigh.

"I thought you said you were going to tell me everything last night."

"I'm sorry."

"Well, you wanna tell me the whole truth now?"

Judy looked over at him.

"I just take them sometimes. They help when things get stressful. Ben called and yelled at me. He wants me to come back home, and I told him no. But I was shaking so bad.... I just thought they'd help."

"Did he give these two you?"

Judy nodded.

"Did he give you anything else?"

"Nothing that I brought with me. I swear."

"But he made you take other drugs?"

Judy nodded again.

"Well, number one, this shit is stopping. Doesn't this put holes in your brain or something?"

Judy shrugged and looked away.

"Number two, you are not staying here without me. Not with this stuff going on, and not with Ben looking for you."

"Then what am I going to do?"

"I don't know yet. You have to go on the road with me. That way I can keep an eye on you."

Judy was trying hard to focus on Justin and what he was saying. After all, it was pretty important considering they were talking about where she was going to be staying in the new couple of days. But despite her efforts to focus, she couldn't keep her mind straight. It was suddenly very hot, and everything was getting blurry.

"Or, I don't know, maybe you stay with my Mom or something"

Justin looked up to find Judy fanning herself, and her balance a little off as she rocked back and forth on the bed.

"Judy? Are you okay?"

"I'm alright," she said, looking around. "It's just hot in here."

Justin reached up, placing a hand on her sweaty forehead.

"Judy, did you take any of those pills?"

"Yeah," she mumbled.

"How many? Which one?"

"I don't know... White? Maybe blue?"

"That's both of them. How many did you take? Judy?"

But she didn't answer, she just collapsed against him, her head rolling into his lap.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers tourj school interracialj tvshowj abusiveex justin