Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

The mound of blankets shifted as the sound of someone knocking on the door filled the quiet room. With a groan the figure under the blankets pulled themselves free of the twisted confines of the rumbled blankets and sheets. Stopping long enough to grab a baggy t-shirt to cover her nudity, the woman who had been so rudely awaken, stumbled to the door of her hotel room.

 

As she reached for the door handle, it escalated from a simple, polite knock, to frantic pounding. For a minute she debated ignoring the person at the door, but when the knocking increased in both volume and frequency, she had no choice but to open the door.

 

“Katy, thank god!” The woman in the hallway gasped, her eyes shining as if she were on the verge of tears. “Have you seen JC? He never came back to the room after the party.”

 

Katy Morrison sighed and leaned her head on the door frame, “Nicole, it’s after three in the morning.”

 

“I know, and I apologize, but I’m really worried.”

 

“So call Tiny and have him track JC down.” Katy told her, moving back so she could close the door.

 

Katy growled low in her throat as Nicole stuck her foot out to block the door from closing. “You aren’t worried about him?”

 

“No, it’s what he does.” Katy snapped at her, “Check for a room with a piano and he’s probably there. Good night Nicole.”

 

Katy shut the door and returned to the bed, pulling the t-shirt over her head before slipping back under the blankets and against the warm body she had been snuggled up to when Nicole had rudely come knocking.

 

“Who was at the door?” The sleepy voice of her companion asked

 

“Your girlfriend.”

 

JC Chasez groaned and snuggled back up to Katy’s side, laying his head on her chest. “And what did you tell her?”

 

“I did my duty as your best friend and covered your ass.” Katy said, biting her lip as he nuzzled the top of her breast.

 

JC and Katy had known each other since infancy. Their mothers were best friends and had become pregnant within a month of each other. JC’s mother had been the first to go into labour, and although she wasn’t due for a month, Katy’s mother soon followed.

 

It became a joke that neither Katy nor JC could stand the other beating them to something. JC was the eldest by two hours, but Katy learned to crawl two months before he did. JC was the first to walk, but Katy was the first to talk. Their families had known since they were in the hospital nursery that they were very aware of each other, and had a connection that neither set of parents had ever seen between two people. When one was picked up to be taken to its parent, the other would scream them self hoarse until they were too picked up or their companion returned.

 

As children their parents used to let them sleep in the same cribs when ever they were visiting each other, and when it time to collect their children, the leaving parents always felt heartbroken to break up the snuggling infants.

 

As Katy and JC grew older they became each others firsts in many aspects. Katy was the reason for JC’s first fight on the playground. JC was the reason why Katy had problems becoming close friends with girls. They were each others first kiss, and the shoulder to cry on when they suffered their first heart ache. She was his first fan when he started to become famous, entertaining him for hours with impressions of the teenage girls who sat in the audience of the New Mickey Mouse Club TV show, talking about their dreams of one day marrying him.

 

Katy was the first person JC sought out when he needed advice and comfort, much to the dismay of the girlfriends he had. When they were 18 they lost their virginity to each other, and what should have been an awkward moment only brought them closer together.

 

When he became a member of NSYNC, JC hired Katy to be his personal assistant. He hadn’t been on tour for more then a few weeks when he called her to bring her with him. At first she had refused, telling him that she wasn’t going to give up the job that she enjoyed. But after a month of not seeing him, she relented and accepted the job.

 

While most people would find working for their best friend a hard thing to deal with, JC and Katy worked it out perfectly. Of course the fact that Katy now had an excuse to boss JC around and get away with it was an added bonus.

 

Unfortunately with the good came the bad. Both JC and Katy were extremely protective of each other, which made it difficult to have a relationship. On top of that, the fact that JC and Katy constantly shared a room and even sometimes slept in the same bed didn’t go well with JC’s girlfriends.

 

Katy also became the first girl that JC ever cheated on his girlfriends with.

 

“You’re thinking too much.” JC’s voice sounded in Katy’s ear, jarring her from her thoughts.

 

Katy’s back arched as his tongue traced her ear and she realized that while she had been lost in thought he had spread himself out over her. The feelings he awoke in her never failed to amaze her. Sure she had had other lovers, but none had ever made her feel like JC had. She gasped when he slid into her body; she always loved the way their bodies felt like a perfect fit for each other.

 

“You’re thinking again.” He teased as he kissed her.

 

“Believe me, there’s not much going through my mind.”

 

The cocky smirk that she knew so well broke across his face, “That’s what I love to hear.”

 

~ * ~

 

Katy shivered as the cool air hit her skin, making her eyes open. JC was sitting on the side of the bed, yawning and rubbing his eyes.

 

“You’re leaving?” She asked softly.

 

“I should get back to Nicole; she’s probably woken up half the hotel looking for me.” He muttered with a sigh. 

 

“Josh?” Katy asked, reaching out to touch his back, “Just once, could you stay here?”

 

“That’s not part of the agreement.” He whispered to her.

 

“I know, but just once, can’t it just be about us?” She pleaded.

 

JC turned and looked at her over his shoulder, his mind made up the minute his eyes connected with hers. He let her pull him back under the covers, and smiled as she kissed him softly before snuggling back up against him.

 

He lay awake for a long time, stroking the satiny strands of her hair, listening to her even breathing. His mind played everything they had been through together over in his mind.

 “Now and forever, I will be your man.” He sang softly to her as he buried his face in her hair and followed her into sleep.

Completed
mistressofburden is the author of 16 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Now and Forever also liked 4 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Behind Blue Eyes. The next story in the series is Just An Act.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers jc