Kristen spun in her chair in circles until it slowly came to a stop.  She chewed on her bottom lip, tapping her pencil to the beat in her head till her eyes fell onto the picture of the five guys, the picture they gave her two weeks ago for a "welcoming gift".  Kristen rolled her eyes, sat back in her chair, and started to type away on her laptop.  She glanced up, still typing away, as her door opened.  After seeing whom it was, her eyes went back to her laptop screen.

"Yes Christopher?"

Chris sat down on the edge of her desk and leaned over.

"What are you doing?"

"Work and get your nasty ass off my desk."  Kristen shooed him off her desk.  Chris laughed and plopped down in the chair across from her.

"Paarrttyyy this weekend."  Chris sang.  Kristen gave him a quick glance before going back to her laptop.
"Mhm..and?"

"You're coming right?"

"Probably because I know you all will drag me to it."

"Shit yeah you will be."

Kristen stopped typing as she leaned back in her chair.

"What if I don't want to?"

Chris let out a snort as he placed his feet on the edge of her desk.

"Right.  You love parties; don't bullshit me."

Kristen leaned over the desk and pushed his feet off.

"This is my office, not yours.  Stop putting your nasty feet and ass up on my desk."

"You know you love my ass and feet."

"Um no, sorry popstar."  Kristen sat back in her chair.  "How is the recording going?"

Chris groaned, throwing his head back.

"Killll mmmeeee."

Kristen smirked.

"Give me a gun."

Chris popped his head up, giving her a dirty look.

"You're so mean."

She gave him a wink before going back to her laptop.

"So what song you guys working on right now?"

"Gone."

"Weren't you working on that song yesterday?"

"It takes more than one day to lay down a track dummy."

"Don't get your boxers in a twist."  Kristen teased as she kept working on her laptop.  "Why don't you go annoy Brittney?"

"Was going to, but Lance is there."  Chris rolled his eyes.  "Seriously, they live together and they still are like attached when we are at work."

"It's called love my dear."

"It's called making me sick; more like it."

"Oh hush.  I live with Richard and Tom and they are in love."

"Does that like, gross you out?"

Kristen shook her head as she traveled her eyes off the screen and towards Chris.

"No, not really, it's just love.  Gays and lesbians are humans too.  They work like everyone else, they pay taxes like everyone else, they are just like us, but just like the same sex."

"I know thhaattt."  Chris crosses his leg looking at Kristen.  "I agree, I was just, I dunno...I mean thought it might be weird living in that."

"Nah...Only that now its three of us fighting over the two bathrooms."

Chris left out a hardy laugh, pushing himself out of the chair.
"Well I will get out of your hair.  Thought I'd drop by for a bit before I go back to work."

"Alright hun I'll see you later.  Don't drive whoever is working with you guys insane alright?"

Chris looked over his shoulder, flashing a smile while he opened the door.

"Can't make a promise I don't think I can keep."

"Hey...Chris.."

Chris took a step out of her office before turning around.

"Yeah?"

"Love you."

"Love you too mini me."  Chris smiled.  "I'll call you later. Bye."

"Bye."

Kristen tapped her pencil against her desk to the beat of the song she started to hum before going back to her laptop.  She rested her elbow on her desk, setting her chin in the palm of her hand as she started reading the screen in front of her.  Kristen stopped humming, raising her eyebrows as she heard two bodies hustling into her room and the door being closed.  Kristen groaned out loud finding Brittney pinning Lance against the wall, kissing.

"This is my fucking office."  Kristen said, chucking a pen cap across the room at the couple.  "I mean seriously?  This is a habit you two are going to have to break."

Kristen rolled her eyes as Lance and Brittney's laughter filled her ears.  She carefully watched the two shuffle over to the chair, Lance sitting down first with Brittney on his lap.  Kristen sat back in her chair with her arms crossed across her chest as she gave them a look.

"What?"  Brittney said, trying to sound innocent.

"Oh don't try and sound innocent."  Kristen pointed her finger at the two.  "Seriously?  Can't you two find another office to romp in?  Why do you keep using mineeeee?"  Kristen whined.  Brittney and Lance exchanged glances to each other before giggling.  Kristen rolled her eyes as she crossed her legs.

"You know you love us."  Lance chirped in.

"I can't help it."  Brittney added.  "He just looked so hot...and your office is the closest."

"You two live together don't give me that; and it's just a t-shirt and jeans.  Come on it's an everyday look."

"Yeah, and he is hot everyday."

"She was up and gone before I was; and she looks damn hot too."  Lance added while wrapping his arms around Brittney's waist.

"God I wish you had your own office and not just a desk so you'd leave mine alone."  Kristen shook her head as she uncrossed her arms and went back to her laptop.

"Lance don't you have to go sing or something?"

"Did what I was supposed to do.  Jace and Justin are in the booth right now.  You should come down one time we are working and watch.  You'll enjoy it."

"My next open space I will."

Brittney leaned over to rest her elbow on Kristen's desk.

"You know what I think?"

Kristen looked up at Brittney.  "Hmm?"

"You have been working like crazy, you need to unwind and get drunk or something.  Last time you did was your birthday."

"Which was four days ago."  Kristen added while leaning back in her chair.  "Today is the twenty-fifth of August, so that means four days ago--."

Brittney held up her hand and quickly started talking over her.

"Bla bla bla, yada yada yada yeah four days ago was your birthday and we partied hard at your surprise party I knnoowww but come onnnn you've been working like crazy on this project.  Tom told me it's all you do back at your guys place."

"My job isn't like yours Brittney.  They have an event to perform in two weeks that I have to plan and make sure everything is perfect and that everything is set."

"Why don't you..nahh I think you just need to get laid and--"

"Get out," Kristen interrupted, shaking her head.  "The both of you...get...out."

Brittney and Lance laughed as they got up and made their way out the door.  Kristen rolled her eyes while Brittney giggled over Lance swatting her behind.

"Oh yeah, and Lance."  Kristen started; Lance turned around at the doorframe and looked back at Kristen.   Kristen pointed to her lips as she looked at him.  "Unless you are starting to become a tranny, you might want to get the gloss off your lips."

Lance mumbled under his breath while he rubbed his lips with the back of his hand as he walked out of her office, closing the door behind him.

"Oh my god."  Kristen grumbled as she flopped back against her chair, causing it to roll back slightly while she rubbed her temples with the tips of her fingers.  "Kill me now."

"Now now now, we wouldn't like that now would we?"

Kristen's head shot up to see Justin's head peeping through the door.

"Right now is not the fucking time Justin.  Out."

Justin's eyes widen a bit, surprised by her sudden outburst.  After standing straight up, he walked into her room and closed the door behind him.

"What part of the word ‘out' do you not understand?"

"Bad day?"  Justin said softly as he took a seat in the chair.  Kristen let out a loud sigh, smacking her arms against her desk as she laid her head on top of them.

"You have no fucking idea.  I'm stressed to the max and I can't get my damn work down because everyone keeps fucking coming in my room to annoy me or make out or something."

Justin snickered.  Kristen popped her head up, narrowing her eyes at him.  Justin stopped and slid down in the chair a bit.
"Sorry...Lance and Brittney made another visit I'm guessing."

Kristen rolled her eyes; Justin figuring out the answer.

"First it was Joey, than Chris, than Lance and Brittney...now its you."

Justin pushed himself out of the chair and walked behind Kristen's desk, shifting his body behind her chair she was sitting in and leaned over, rubbing her shoulders.

"Don't stop." Kristen mumbled against her arms.

"That's what every girl tells me."  Justin smirked.

"I would smack you.....but I'll wait till you're done because this feels good."

Justin laughed as he continued to work the knots in her shoulders.

"What is Johnny killing you with?"

"You're guys TV special."

"Ahh."  Justin responded, leaning over her shoulder as he looked at her laptop screen.  Justin concentrated over what he was reading as he continued to massage her shoulders.

"Do you have any sketches?"

Kristen nodded, pointing to the right of her with her head.  Justin moved his body over to sit on the armrest of her chair and pulled out the papers, and laid them out in front of him.

"Break my armrest; I'll break your neck."

Justin jaw dropped slightly, jerking his head to look down at her.

"Are you calling me fat?"

"Hmm..big boned."

Justin rolled his eyes, chuckling, while he leaned against her desk to look at the drawings.

"Did you draw these?"

"Palleaaseee."  Kristen lifted her head up a bit and rested her chin on her arms.  "You know me better than that...I can't even draw a stick person."

"True."  Justin nodded, running his hand over his shaved head.  "So that's where a set of lights are going to be?"  Justin pointed with his index finger.  Kristen shook her head.

"No that's where sparklers...fireworks, whatever the heck they are called, are supposed to come out."

"Sick."  Justin drawled out.  Justin sucked in his bottom lip between his teeth, chewing on it while he concentrated with his eyes over the paper in front of him.  Justin placed his finger over the drawing of a create-look-a-like on the corner.

"Hey what is this?"

"You guys come from that.  They have it from the ceiling and you five go in it before you start your song and it lowers you down while you are singing till it lands on the stage, than you guys open the side and walk onto the stage, still singing."

Justin's eyes lit up with excitement.

"You have got to be shitting me.  That's so fucking awesome!...Are you sure you're not the production or stage manager?"  Justin joked.

"I need to know this so I can get the estimates and let the place know what we need and shit and make sure the venue has the room and that we are able to pull it off so we can either figure out something else to do, or try and find a new place.  I plan the events and find places to do them at.  Tim Miller and Anthony Giordano tell me what they have planned; tell me their ideas and what they are looking for and I go at it."

Justin blinked a couple of times before looking back at the papers.

"Um...Yeah...Whatever you just said."

Kristen patted the top of Justin's head with a smile.
"Too much info for the baby huh?"

Justin pushed her arm away from his head, standing up.

"Hey I'm going to back to the recording booth before I get in trouble."

"You go do that."

Justin stuck his tongue out at her, looking over his shoulder.

"Whatever sissy.  Hope you have a better day."

"Hey broho, can you ask Brittney to get me some coffee?"

Justin stopped in his tracks and looked at her while opening the door.

"What do I look like to you?  Your slave?"

Kristen smiled, making Justin groan.

"Damn you and that smile.  Fiiinnneee I'll ask Brittney."  Justin pointed his finger at her.  "That smile should be illegal."

"Loovee youuuu."  She drawled out.  Justin shook his head, mumbling "yeah yeah yeah you too." as he closed the door behind him.  Justin looked down the hallway while walking over to Brittney's desk.

"Hey B."

Brittney looked up from her computer.

"Hey Just, on break?"

Justin shrugged his shoulders while he leaned on the counter turning his head to look at her computer screen.

"Kind of.  Anyways munchkin wanted me to ask you if you can bring her coffee."

"Whatttt.  I'm not her assistant, I'm Johnny's secretary."

"Do you trust her to work the coffee machine?"

Brittney laughed, standing up, running her hands down the sides of her skirt.

"No, knowing her she'd break it.  I'll soooo get her coffee knowing its not going to break under her hands."

Justin turned around and waiting till Brittney made her walk around and walked with her.

"Busy day?"

"Eh, fifty/fifty."  Brittney replied, pushing open the door.  "Not as busy as yesterday thank god."

Justin picked up a cup and handed it to Brittney.  Brittney gave him a look before having the mug that was in her hand.

"Um hellooo, didn't you see me take this mug off my desk?  It's Kristen's mug."

Justin threw his hands up in the air dramatically.

"Oh like I know everything that goes on up here.  Soorrryyy."

Brittney laughed, pouring coffee in the mug.

"You should, so how is the recording going.

Justin cocked his hip out, leaning against the counter watching Brittney pull the cream out of the fridge.

"Alright I guess.  Tiring....We got two of the tracks down and working on the third one right now."

"Which one you working on now?"

"Gone."  Justin leaned his arm on the counter.  "I laid down the part they wanted me to get done today, so did Lance.  Right now they are working on Jace and maybe Chris."

Brittney picked up a spoon, put a spoonful of sugar in the mug, and started mixing it.

"Do you think our plan to try and get JC and Kristen together will work?"

Justin shrugged his shoulders while he pushed himself away from the counter with his hip.

"Hopefully.  I know he misses her I mean..you know the song, ‘Gone' right?"

Brittney nodded her head.

"Yeah Lance showed me the lyrics."

Justin held open the door for her to walk out.

"He is kind of like, nailing his parts because he is singing it with emotion.  You know he is thinking about Kristen and how she is gone....You can hear it in his voice and see it on his face; it is just...filled with emotion and hurt.  I dunno if I should be happy, because means it won't take as long to get his part down which is fucking great and won't be a huge pain in the ass, or be sad because I know its killing him inside, ya know?"

Brittney nodded her head, stiffing a yawn.  Justin leaned over the counter around Brittney's desk, grabbed a mint, and tossed it in his mouth.

"I mean go on ahead, help yourself out to anything that is mine Justin."

Justin kissed her forehead and flashed a smile.

"If you say so...he-he...I better gets going before I get in trouble.  Peace B."

Brittney rolled her eyes walking towards Kristen's office.

"Peace J."

 

 

***

 

Kristen dropped her purse and keys onto the counter while kicking off her shoes.

"Kill me."  She whined.  Tom's head popped out from behind the wall by the kitchen.

"Rough day?"

Kristen dragged her body to the kitchen and plopped herself in a chair while Tom worked his way around the kitchen.

"You have no idea.  I mean seriously, are these people trying to make me commit suicide?"

Tom chuckled.

"I get those days...Water?"  Tom tilted his head towards the fridge.

"Please."

Tom nodded his head, opening the fridge and picking up a water bottle and handed it to her while he continued talking.

"Some of the things people print is just ridicules it amazes me."  Tom looked over his shoulder with a smirk on his face.  "My favorite one will always be the one that said that you were pregnant with JC's baby."

"Oh my god."  Kristen groaned, leaned forward and putting her forehead against the table.  "All because when we were in Ohio I was wearing a baggy shirt...Oh yeah that means I'm pregnant."

Tom laughed while he took a bite of his apple.

"Where is Richard?"

Tom held up a finger as he finished chewing what was in his mouth and swallowed it.

"Business trip."  Tom tossed the core of his apple in the garbage.  "So it's just us for two days doll."

Kristen pushed her chair back and stood up.
"Alright...Well I'm going to go take a bath o mann sounds soo damn gooodddd."  Kristen said, walking towards the bathroom.  "Hold my calls."

Kristen bumped her hip against the bathroom close to close it.  Kristen turned on the water in the tub and looked around in the cabinet under the sink.  She smiled in victory when she finally found what she was looking for, bubbles.  Kristen hummed, pouring a bit of the bubbles in the running of the water and stood up.  She quickly discarded her clothes and pulled her hair up in a ponytail before slowly lowering herself in the warm, bubble covered water.  After turning off the water, she leaned her back against the edge and laid her head back.

"Ahh.."  She whispered, closing her eyes, her muscles relaxing sliding a bit down under the water until it was just beneath her chin.  "Now this is life..."

 

***

Kristen walked into her office the next day after her meeting with Johnny, humming out loud.  She set the stack of folders on her desk before she sat back down and taking her shoes off, sliding them under her desk.

"Cupcake!" Joey sang, bouncing into her room with Chris not far behind him.

"Do you all stalk me or something and know right when I come in my room or something?."

"Guess what guess what!"  Chris said excitedly, ignoring the annoyance in Kristen's voice and the glare she was giving them.  Kristen opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Joey.

"MTV wants to have cameras follow us all next week until the show!  They are going to come here, back scenes of us working and our new album and what we do and all the stuff that goes with before the big TV special we have.  How cool is that!"

"Really?"  Kristen asked, shocked.

Joey and Chris both nodded their heads in excitement.

"We had to tell you right away so Joey and I snuck out of the recording room and ran here to tell you."

"Yeah, we better go."  Joey added as he made his way towards the door.

"Later guys."

"Later munchkin!"  They both said, walking out of the room.  Kristen shook her head while a smile across her lips as she went back to work on her laptop.  Kristen looked up towards her a door a couple minutes later when she heard a knock.

"Come in."

Brittney popped her head in.

"Hey I'm going on my break, do you need me to get you anything because I'm heading out for some errands to run."

"Starbucks?"

Brittney smiled and nodded her head.

"You got it.  Hot or cold?"

"Cold."

"Alright I'll bring you a drink back."

"Thanks Britt."

"Anytime."  Brittney smiled and closed the door.  Kristen brought her thumb to her mouth and started to chew slowly on her thumbnail as her eyes scanned over the document that was in front of her on the screen.  Her other hand smoothed down to the small arrow on the corner of her screen, tapping it a couple of times, to see the rest of the document.

 

Kristen rubbed her eyes and looked over at the clock, seeing that twenty minutes have creped by.  She rolled her neck in a circle to stretch the sore muscles in her neck.  Kristen jumped when the ringing of her office phone filled her room.  She cleared her throat before picking up the phone and took a breath.

"Hello, Kristen Miller speaking."

"Good Afternoon Kristen Miller."

"Um...Good Afternoon; how may I help you?"

"We are calling on the behalf of Brittney Howard, do you know her?"

Kristen chewed on her bottom lip, feeling an uneasy feeling in her stomach with her brows close together in confusion.

"Um..yeah I do...She is my best friend and Co-Worker.  Are you trying to get a hold of her because I'll connect you to her phone..."

"Oh no, this is Florida Hospital in Orlando.  Brittney had you and a...Lance Bass under emergency contacts....We already tried calling Lance Bass but we got a voicemail."

"Uh huh..." Kristen drawled out slowly.

"Brittney Howard has been in a horrible car accident."

The phone slipped out of Kristen's hand, eyes open wide while her breath was caught in her throat. A horrible accident!?

"Ma'am?  Kristen?  Hello?"

Kristen jerked her head to look down at the floor; the faint voice pulled her out of her thoughts.  She quickly grabbed the phone with shaking hands.

"Um yes..I'm um.. oh my god..um. What happen?"

"I'm sorry ma'am we can not give that information over the phone but we can give you information once you get here."

"Okay..um um. I'm on my way."  Kristen quickly said and hung up her phone.

"Oh my god oh my god."  Kristen whispered to herself, her voice shaking as she held back her tears.  She reached under her desk to grab her purse and hurried out of her office and down the hallway towards the elevator.

"I got to get Lance.. I-I....Oh my god.."  Kristen talked to herself, running her fingers roughly through her hair.

"Come fucking onnnn."  Kristen whined, watching the numbers on the elevator descend slowly while it moved.  "She..said his phone is off...Why is Lance's phone off he...o god ...that's right sound booth; they have to have it off."

Kristen quickly hurried off the elevator and ran down the hallway, reading the words that were on the doors until she found what she was looking for.  Kristen quickly shoved the door open, causing all the guys, Joey, Justin, Chris and JC to jump from the door banging against the wall behind it.

"God damn Kristen where is the fi..re....Kristen?"  Joey said, getting up from the couch once his eyes landed on her.

"Whoa what happen sweetie?  Why are you shaking?" Justin jumped up from the couch and walked over besides Joey.  Kristen took a shaky breath as her eyes roamed around to find Lance.

"La-La-Lancee."  Kristen said softly.

"What about Lance?  Did he pull some prank or what?"  Chris bent down to her level, putting his hand on her arm.  JC leaned over the sound booth and turned on the mic.

"Lance."

Lance opened his eyes and looked over at JC, confused.  JC motioned with his head to look to his left.  Lance turned to his left and stopped with his eyes latched onto Kristen's eyes.  He quickly hopped off the stool while taking off the headphones and hurried out the door.

"What is going on?  Why is Kristen looking like she is going to pass out?"  Lance asked.  "Kristen?"

Kristen reached her hand out and grabbed onto Lance's arm.

"Lance...hospital..Brittney.."  She mumbled softly.

"Hey hey hey."  Justin said softly, rubbing her arm.  "Take a breath; you're not making any sense."

"What about Brittney?"  Lance said worrying.

"Brittney...hospital...she got into a horrible...car accident."

All the guys head shot up and looked back at Lance.

"Brittney got into a horrible car accident and is in the hospital?"  JC said, putting the pieces together.  Kristen shook her head, wiping a tear off her cheek.  Lance grabbed his keys off the table, took a hold of Kristen's arm, and hurried out of the room towards the back door.

"What hospital?"  Lance said, pushing open the door towards the parking lot.

"Florida...hospital.  They-They said they tried to call you but got your voicemail."

Lance pulled his cell phone out of his pocket when they both got into his car and saw that he had one missed call.  Lance quickly started his car and pressed his foot on the accelerator.

"What do you know?"

"No-Nothing."  Kristen choked out.  "They couldn't tell me anything over the phone."

Lance quickly looked over at Kristen as he switched lanes, cutting off the person in the lane.  He reached over and grabbed his shaking hand with hers.

"Shh..shh...We-..We got to calm down...Everything is going to be okay."  Lance said to her, not just trying to convince her, but him also.  Lance quickly wiped his car into a parking spot, jumped out of his car, and hurried over to Kristen's side, taking his hand in hers as they hurried into the Emergency.

"Someone called us about a Brittney Howard who was brought in here in an ambulance?"

The lady behind the counter looked up at Lance and Kristen before typing at her computer.

"Brittney Howard...yes she was brought in, just go through those doors and you'll find a small waiting room on the right and sit there till the doctor comes out."

Lance nodded his head and wrapped his arm around Kristen as they made their way through the doors and to the chairs.  Lance sat down in the chair next to Kristen, resting his elbows on his knees.  Lance sighed, leaning over a bit and running his hands through his hair.  Kristen sat still, her fingers picking at her fingernails, her eyes not leaving the floor in front of her.  Kristen looked over at Lance when one of his hands engulfed both of hers.

"Don't pick at your nails."  Lance said softly, rubbing her fingers over hers to try and calm the both of them.

"Are you two here for...Brittney Howard?"

Lance and Kristen both shot their heads up to see a doctor standing in front of them.

"Ye-" Lance cleaned his throat. "Yeah we are."

The doctor looked down at the papers that were in front of him on the clipboard.

"Hello my name is Paul and I'm the doctor that has been named for Brittney here.  She is pretty banged up and is getting x-rays done right now.  She has lost some blood and has some cuts around her body.  From what we were told, the person ran a red light, hit the tail end of Ms. Howard's car, and spun it off the road.  We don't know what any of injures right now but once we know I will let you all know right away."

Lance nodded his head, giving Kristen's hand a hard squeezed.

"Thank you doctor."

Lance stood up and started to pace the room.

"Lost some blood?  Did he really have to tell me that when he doesn't know anything else?  I mean hell we are already fucking freaking out not knowing a damn thing and he adds that to top it off all?  Is he just thinking, hell lets fuck them more and give them that horrible detail to make them go crazy?"  Lance stopped in his tracts, holding his hands in his hair.  "I mean what the fuck!"

Kristen leaned over to rest her elbows on her knees and looked down at the floor.  Lance looked toward the door when it opened to find the rest of the guys coming in.

"Do you guys know anything?"  Chris questioned.

Lance shook his head and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Jack-shit.  All they told us is she is banged up, cuts everywhere, she is getting x-rays right now, she lost some blood and I guess some asshole ran a fucking red light and hit the end of her car, forcing it to spin off the road."

"Damnnn.." Justin mumbled under his breath.  JC looked over at Kristen and hesitantly walked over to her and sat down next to her and placed his hand on her back.  Chris saw this and went to take a step towards them but stopped when Joey stretched his arm out in front of him.  Chris looked over at Joey with a question look on his face.

"Let them be, if Kristen pushes him away, than go ahead and step in."  Joey whispered.  Chris nodded his head and watched as JC ran his hand up and down Kristen's back.

"She's going to be okay."  JC said softly.

"What...what if..what.."  Kristen stared to say but JC stopped her.

"Hey now.."  JC moved off the chair and onto his knees on the floor in front of her.  "That isn't the Kristen I know.  The one I know always looks on the brighter side of things, not the darker side."  JC softly brushed the tear off her cheek before hooking his finger under her chin and forced her to look at him.

"The-the same thing happened to Ashley..and..she didn't make it."
"Ashley?"  JC asked with a questionable look.

Kristen sniffed, her hazel eyes locking with JC's blue ones.

"Friend of Brittney and I..she..2 years ago was killed..same thing..but by.. a drunk driver."

JC closed his eyes while taking a deep slow breath.  JC moved his hands from her arms down to her knees.

"She is going to be okay hunny...believe."

Kristen threw her arms around JC's neck, hugging him tight.  JC moved his arms around her, hesitantly, moving his legs out from under him to sit on the floor.  JC slowly moved her down onto his lap and held her tighter, Kristen crying onto his shoulder.  JC rested his chin onto her head while he rocked his body slowly side-to-side and hummed softly in her ear.

"Shhh...Everything is going to be okay..I promise."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc justin christmas joey college lance