Kristen dropped her bags as she engulfed Tom in a hug.

"Krissy! Oh my god I am so glad you are back! I've miss you and OH MY GOD girlfriend your hair!"

Tom placed his hands on her shoulder, holding her out in arms length as he looked over her hair.

Kristen laughed, running her hand threw her hair.

"Like it?"

"Like it?! Girlfriend I LOVE it!  The color looks hot, the cut looks hot, and it goes well with your wavy hair."  Tom flipping her hair around in his fingers.  "It looks hhooottt!  Love it love it love ittt!"

Kristen laughed as she picked up her duffle bag and tossed it in his trunk.

"Damn whenever I need an ego booster I'm coming to you."  Tom laughed as he get into the driver side as Kristen slid into the passenger side in the car.  "Do you talk to the press that way?"

"Pshh, girl."  Tom looked around his shoulder as he pulled out and made his way out of the airport.  "No one makes me that much excited as you to."

"Oh Tom," Kristen placed her hand on his leg.  "I didn't think you thought of me that way."  Kristen dramatically gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.  "What would Richard say?!"

Tom laughed, looking into the review mirror as he turned to get onto I-4.

"You know I don't, I'm professional at work.  You just let the gay side out of me."

"I'm pretty good at that.

"I'm glad your back."  Tom said as he patted her leg.

"I feel so loved."  Kristen said as she looked out the window.  "Everyone has been missing me like crazy and I've been gone for only five days.  I'm afraid to know how everyone will be once I die."

"Don't say that!  I don't want to think about that!"

Kristen rolled her eyes, laughing.

"So how is work?"

Tom sighed, turning the steering wheel as he changed lanes.

"To much work."  Tom whined as he looked over at Kristen.  "Seriously, people never stop calling about rumors and shit that is made up."

"You love it and you know it."

Tom chuckled as they drove onto the exit ramp.

"You got me.  You know how I am with gossip, its love.  So what are we doing?  You want me to drop you off at your place or..?"

Kristen shook her head.

"Nah take me to the office.  Johnny is in right?"

Tom nodded and dropped both of his hands onto his lap as they sat at a red light.

"Yep.  He will be all day. Oh!" Tom exclaimed as he placed his hand on Kristen's upper arm.  "I have to tell you about the girl who is doing Brittney's job while she is out sick.  Oh dear lord hunny, JC as came in a couple of times and that girl keeps hitting on him!  I just want to go up to her and be like oh hunny back off nuh uh, he is not interested in you."  Tom put his hand back on the wheel after the light turn green.  "I mean seriously, she just doesn't get the hint.  Not only that, but oh man she sucks.  We can't wait until Brittney gets better so she can come back.  Everything is so backed up."

"Brittney will love to hear that, I'll make sure I tell her."

Tom nodded his head as he drove them into the parking lot, parked his car and turned off his car.  Tom cleared his throat while opening up his car door.  Kristen got out and gave Tom a look.

"What?  Time to get into professional mode."

Kristen burst out laughing, tossing her purse onto her shoulder and walked with him towards the front of the building.

"You are an idiot."

"And you are mean."  Tom said while he held open the door for her.  Kristen walked past him with a smile on her face.  Tom linked arm with hers as they made their way towards the elevator and up the floors.

"You start work on Monday?"

"So far that I know of."  Kristen started saying as they walked off the elevator.  "That's why I want to come in and talk to Johnny."

"Welcome to...Oh hi Tom."

Kristen turned to look over at the redhead that was sitting behind the desk across from Johnny's office.

"Hello Linda."  Tom gave Kristen a quick glance before looking at Linda.
"Johnny is in right?"

Linda nodded her head.

"Yes.  I believe he just got off the phone, and you are?" Linda asked looking at Kristen.

"Kristen.  I work here."

"Her office is over there."  Tom pointed to the room across from hers.  "She just came back from a mini vaca."

"Ohhhh, Kristen...I remember hearing about you."

"Uh huh, anyways; nice meeting you, I just need to ask Johnny a question before I head back to my apartment."

Tom tugged on her arm as they walked over towards Johnny's office.

"I told you."  Tom whispered in her ear.

"You were right."

"Always doll."  Tom gave Kristen a kiss on the cheek.  "I get done with work in about three hours."

"I'll see you than in your office."

"See you than."  Tom said as he walked down the hallway towards his office.  Kristen took a step closer to Johnny's door and knocked.

"Come in."

Kristen slowly opened the door and walked in, closing it behind her.  Johnny looked up from his computer and smiled.

"Kristen!  You're back."  Johnny stood up and gave her a hug.  "So nice to see you, wasn't expecting to see you till next week."

"I know."  Kristen sat down in the chair across his desk.  "But Tom picked me up and I thought I'd come by, check out my office, talk with ya, blablabla all that good stuff."

"Ahh."  Johnny leaned back in his chair.  "How was Chicago?"

"Good.  It was just what I needed."

"That's good.  You look better.  I like what you did with your hair."

"Thanks."  Kristen set her purse on her lap.  "So you want me to come in on Monday?"

Johnny nodded his head.  "Please.  We have a couple of projects just waiting for you to get your hands on."

"You just want me to do them so you don't."

"Well..if you want to put it in that why..." Johnny paused, both him and Kristen looking towards the door as they could hear loud commotion in the hallway.  "Lock the door."

Kristen turned and looked at Johnny.

"Um what?"

Johnny laughed as he looked over at his computer.

"That is Chris and Joey messing around in the hallway which means they will be coming here.  They have been bugging me all afternoon.  Lock it."

Kristen got up and locked the door just in time as a loud smack noise was hear, following another smack noise.  Johnny and Kristy exchanged glances before Kristen unlocked the door to find Joey bend over and Chris standing in front of him, rubbing his forehead.

"Johnny what the hell, since when do you lock the..."  Chris looked up and stopped talking when he saw Kristen standing there.

"MINI ME!"  Chris attacked her with a hug, both of them stumbling a couple steps back.  "YOU'RE BACK!...and oh my god; Joey!  She cut and dyed her hair!"

Kristen laughed, pushing Chris off of her.
"Yes, I am back.  I just got to the building fifteen minutes ago and yes I cut and dyed my hair.  New life, new look."

"Looks hot."

"Cupcake!"  Joey yelled as he hugged Kristen, picking her of the ground and spinning them in a circle.  Joey kissed her forehead and set her on the ground.

"You didn't tell us when today you were coming in!  We could have gotten you from the airport.  How did you get here? ...Ooo."  Joey turned her around in a circle as he looked at her hair.  "I agree with Chris..hot hot hot."  Joey wiggled his eyebrows.

"Thank you both and Tom picked me up from the airport."  Kristen replied, poking Chris in the forehead.  "Nice red mark."

Chris winced and rubbed his forehead.  "Man Johnny really since when the hell do you lock the door?  I totally ran into it and the damn Bear behind me ran into me."

"Why were you running down the hallway and coming to my office for the first place?"

Joey and Chris both shrugged as they looked at each other.

"Just to visit."

"You have visited me five times in the past two hours.  Get out, minus Kristen; she can stay if she wants."

"Nooo."  Joey grabbed Kristen by the hand and tugged on it gently as he made his way out the door.  "She is coming with us."

Kristen laughed, grabbing her purse as Chris stood behind her and pushed her out the door.

"See you Monday Johnny."

Johnny nodded his head turning back towards his computer.

"Well well well, isn't it the munchkin."

Kristen quickly turned around when she heard the bass voice.

"Well well well isn't it spikey."

Lance embraced her in a tight hug as he lifted her off the ground.

"Glad your back.  Brittney is driving me insane."

"What."  Kristen looked up at him, crossing her arms.  "You didn't miss me?"

"Nah he didn't." Chris joked.  Lance rolled his eyes and smacked Chris across the back of his head.

"Yes I did, how could I not? In addition, might I add, love the hair.  Brittney did her best to explain it to me but...ya know."

"Yeah, you're a guy."

"Really looks good; looks like you."

"How would it not look like her?  Hello, she didn't have surgery or anything."

Lance rolled his eyes as he sighed.

"Nevermind Joey, your brain wouldn't be able to understand." Lance looked back over at Kristen.  "Hey I was just heading home for lunch to check up on Brittney, want to come and surprise her?"

"Oh my god yes yes yes!"

"You two have fun.  We are going to go annoy some others around for a bit.  We are doing something this weekend."  Chris pointed his finger at Kristen.

Kristen nodded, giving both Joey and Chris a hug.

"Yes we will.  You two have fun."

"We will."  Joey winked.

"Oh boy.." Kristen turned around and walked side by side to Lance as they walked.

"How was your flight?"

"God.."  Kristen groaned as they stepped into the elevator.  "I hate being on planes period, and being ALONE on the plane, without friends or family, its even worse.  I had no one to grab onto or anything.  I think the old guy next to me really didn't like her."

Lance laughed, leaning his side against the wall of the elevator.

"I can just picture it right now."

Kristen playfully pushed Lance as she walked out of the elevator.
"Ha-Ha."  She said dryly.  "So what we doing for lunch."

Lance shrugged, opening the door for the both of them.

"What are you in the mood for?"

Kristen linked her arm with Lance's as they walked towards his car.

"Subway."

"Why do I bother asking?"

Kristen shrugged getting into Lance's car.

"Good question...mmm Subway and Brittney...here I come!"

 

***

 

Lance picked up the subway bags while Kristen hurried out of his car and into the house.  Brittney rolled onto her back, laying on the couch, when she heard the door to get into the garage open.

"Hey sweetie...How was your day at..."  Brittney's mouth dropped as Kristen came running into the room, dropped her bag on the chair and dove onto of Brittney.

"Your home! Oh my god!"  Brittney squealed as they hugged.  Lance chuckled as he set the Subway bags on the table.

"I've missed you soo much!"

"I've missed you more."  Brittney exclaimed.  Kristen sat down on the edge of the couch.

"How you feeling?"

"Better.  I'll be going back into work on Monday."

"You sure?"  Lance said while he walked around the table towards them.  "I don't want you to push yourself to work when you are not one hundred percent better."

"Awww."  Kristen gushed.  "Lance is being all protective and everything."

Kristen got up and sat down on the floor on the other side of the table so she could see Brittney.
"Why am I not surprise you have having Subway for lunch?"  Brittney said as she sat up on the couch.  Kristen smiled brightly as she pulled her sub and soup out of the bag.

"Oh god."  Brittney chuckled.  "Broccoli and cheese soup?  And for the sub...ham, cheese, mustard and pickles?"

"You know it!"

Lance leaned over, took the medicine off the table, and handed it to Brittney.

"Take."

Brittney sighed before giving Kristen a dirty look from her snickering.  She took the pill and quickly grabbed the bottle of water, taking a sip to get rid of the disgusting taste in her mouth.  Kristen and Lance both took a bite of each of their subs.

"I love your hair Kristen.  It fits you oh so well and looks damn sexy."

Kristen nodded her head as she swallowed the food that was in her mouth before speaking.

"Thank you.  I love it."

"I want to do something with my hair."

"Why?  I love it the way it is."  Lance kissed Brittney's cheek.

"Aww..Suck up."  Kristen teased as she continued to eat her lunch.  "So Brittney, did you move any of your stuff in?"

"Nuh uh."  Brittney shook her head.  "We got..Maybe three boxes?"  Brittney looked over at Lance.  Lance nodded his head as Brittney continued.  "Because than I got sick and Lance made me stay here while I was sick so someone would be taking care of me."

"Oh!  Speaking of you being sick, so Tom told me about the chick that is taking over for you while you've been out sick and oh man, she is something else.  I guess she hits on JC all the time and I guess she sucks; Tom and Johnny can't wait till you get back."

"Are you serious?"

"That is what Tom told me."

"Stupid bitch....I bet you now I'll have to redo everything she did because she screwed it all up.  Wooohoo, double work load."  Brittney said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"Ouu speaking of work, have you seen Nelly's new video?  Hot damn!"

Lance quickly tossed his hands up in the air.
"Whoa wait a minute, what dose that have to do with work?"

Kristen shrugged, taking another bite of her sub.

"I didn't know how to start it up so whatever."  Kristen swallowed the chewed up food and took a sip of her drink.  "Boys..." Kristen mumbled rolling her eyes.

"I heard that!"

Kristen smiled at Lance than turned to look at Brittney.
"Sooo?"

Brittney smirked, watching Lance roll his eyes.
"Uhh huuhh.  He can take that shit off anytime he wants."  Brittney leaned over and patted Lance's stomach.  "Like you baby mmm.  You can take your shirt off aannyyyytime.  Hell if you want to walk around the house naked, I won't stop you."

"Nice cover up."  Lance said with a small smirk on his lips as he took the last bite of his sub.

"It's not!  I'm speaking the truth!  Baby you are soo fiinneee."

"Lance you're hot and you know it.  You can walk around topless anytime I'm over, I wont mind at all."

Lance smiled, shaking his head, while picking up the trash on the table and walked into the kitchen to throw them away.  Kristen and Brittney both leaned over, watching Lance ass while he walked out of the room.
"Are you checking out my boyfriends' ass?"

Kristen turned her gaze over to Brittney.

"Yep."

Brittney laughed as she leaned over the couch a bit more, watching Lance picking up a napkin off the floor.  Brittney clicked her tongue before whistling.

"And you two ladies claim guys have raging hormones."

Kristen and Brittney leaned back as they laughed.

"How did you know we were both watching you leave?"

"I'm not deaf Brittney; I can hear you two perfectly fine.  Maybe whisper next time if you don't want me to know."

Brittney turned her head towards Lance, covering her mouth as she yawned, as he walked back into the room and picked his keys off the table.

"Well babe, I have to get back; my lunch break is over."  Lance walked over and kissed Brittney's forehead.  "And you better take a nap.  I saw you yawn couple seconds ago."

Kristen pushed herself up from the floor and hugged Brittney.
"I'll call you later and you better listen to Dr. Lance over there and sleep."

Brittney nodded her head, hugging Kristen back.  Kristen kissed Brittney on the cheek and picked up her purse from the table.

"Later B-Dawg."

"Later K-Dawg."  Brittney looked over the top of the couch.  "Bye sweetie."

"Bye baby."  Lance said, walking out into the garage with Kristen on his heels.  Kristen slid into the passenger seat, buckled her seatbelt and leaned her head back against the seat; closing her eyes.

"Tired?"

Kristen nodded her head, not bothering to open her eyes.

"You have no idea.  I had a morning flight that had a connecting flight in North Caroline and oh my god I got lost."

Lance bit his lip while trying his best to hold in his laughter.  Kristen opened one of her eyes and glared at him out of the corner of her eye.

"I hear you."

Lance turned his head and flashed a smile before looking back onto the road.

"So how did you get lost?"

Kristen rubbed her face with the palms of her hands, groaning.

"On my ticket it said I was at 10A right?  So I get there and it is a flight to New York so I go up to the front desk and they tell me the boarding area is changed and now at 2B.  Where the hell is Terminal B?  Good fucking question, the chick gave me confusing ass directions, so I'm wondering around the airport, ALONE, I ask this one guy for help AND HE ONLY SPEAKS SPANISH! HHEEELLOOO! Aren't you suppose to know English also to help us out?!  I mean seriously come fucking on."

Kristen leaned over the consol and smacked Lance across the arm as he burst out laughing.

"Shut up it wasn't funny I was soo stressed out; I thought I was going to miss my flight.  I was lost for a good thirty minutes!  Finally, I get some idiot that speaks English and gets me to the right gate.  So I get there, and there is no one sitting in the waiting area...yeah everyone is already fucking boarded.  I WAS the last one all because I got lost.  I just made it to my plane with five minutes to spare.  That was the worst experience of my life.  I am never flying alone again."

Lance kept laughing, soft clicking noise being heard from the car blinker before he switched lanes.  Kristen crossed her arms and looked straight ahead of her.

"I hate you Lance."

"Love you too munchkin."

"Asssssss."

Lance chuckled deeply picking up his arm and resting his elbow against the door.

"So how have you really been doing?"

"Good.  The trip to Chicago really was needed."

Lance eyed her out of the corner of his eyes, "You know what I'm talking about."  Lance looked back onto the road in front of him.

"Like I said before, good."

"Cut the bullshit Kristen."

Kristen turned her gazed out of the passenger window.

"First Brittney can read me like a book, Chris and Justin can read me like a book now you!?"

"Because we're good like that, now spill."

Kristen rested her head in her hand as she leaned against the door.

"I dunno Lance.  You all know how I feel about this."  Kristen took a deep breath and slowly let it out to calm her nerves.  "I mean..I still love him..but I dunno."

"You don't know about what?"

Lance stopped at the light and turned her side sideways to give her full attention.

"Like.. I dunno how to explain it but I still love him even after it all. I don't love John anymore.  I haven't for along time.  I mean hell he could get be killed and I wouldn't be upset, but if it happened to JC I would just like... I dunno, I would be so upset, like probably be depressed."

Lance nodded his head, glancing up occasionally to check to see if the light changed.

"You're rambling."

Kristen leaned her head against the window.

"And I hate you."

Lance winked before giving his attention back to the road.

"Go on."

Kristen whined, straitening her legs out straight in front of her and leaning back against the seat.

"You seriously bug me like a brother god damn."  Kristen rolled her eyes while Lance snickered. "He really hurt me Lance.  Not physically but mentally..."

"And your heart."  Lance added.  Kristen nodded her head.

"Yeah..and my heart...Every time I see him, my whole body freezes.  Not like the freeze it use to do whenever I saw him before and while we were together, but the freeze like...I'm scared."  Kristen turned her neck to look at Lance.  "We never thought he would do what he did, but he did.  What if it happens again?  He crushed me Lance...He promised he would never be like any of my ex's and...he broke it."

Lance moved his hand off the gearshift and squeezed her knee.

"Sweetie everything is still fresh in your mind; just wait."  Lance looked over at Kristen, catching her eyes.  "You know he is hurting also."

"He did it to himself Lance; I'm innocent in this whole thing."

"Oh I know."  Lance quickly said.  "You are innocent but I was just telling you that he is hurting also."

Kristen slowly nodded her head, her eyes looking down at the gearshift while she chewed on her bottom lip.  Lance cleared his throat after a couple of minutes.

"So Joey can't read you like a book?"

Kristen rolled her eyes with her hand running through her hair.

"I doubt he even knows how to read."

Lance leaned his forehead against the steeling wheels after pulling into his parking spot cracking up.

"Oh my god."  Lance croaked out as he leaned back in his seat.  "That was good."

Kristen let out a small laugh while getting out of the car and closing the door behind her.

"I try."

Lance held his arm out for Kristen to take.

"You know, we all know where your office is...You'll be getting a lot of visitors."

"I'll lock my door."

"Uh huh."  Lance replied as they made their way into the building.  "You and Brittney would be going back and forth to each other's desk you wouldn't even remember to lock it."

"Whatever."

Lance elbowed her in the side.

"You know it's true."

Kristen gently shoved him away as they walked down the hallways.

"Let's go see your room."

Lance grabbed her by the hand as he pulled her down the hallway and walked into her office.  Both of them stood there as they looked around her new office.

"Well.."  Lance said slowly as he explored the room with his eyes.  "It's.."

"Oh I know, so beautiful.  The bare walls, the desk, the chairs."  Kristen extended her arm out while she talked, her voice dripping with sarcasm.  "The sweet window, I mean oh man everyone wants their office to look like this."

"You're going to decorate it right?"

Kristen sharply turned her head as she gave a ‘duh' look to Lance.

"Um DUUHHH.  I'll be bringing in pictures and shit on Monday you dumbass."

Kristen looked around her office once more, resting her hands on her hips with a smile tugging on her lips.  My own office...  She ran her tongue along her bottom lip before she took it between her teeth.  Eat your heart out bitches..Kristen is here and is here to stay.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: jc justin christmas joey college lance